The Wheel

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I was frozen in my spot, the reason why Bom collided with me as soon as she reached the entrance of the cafeteria as well. "Hey, why did you stop? What's wrong with..." she didn't have the chance to continue her question when she saw the cause why I suddenly stopped. I saw her looking at me in my peripheral vision before bringing her eyes forward again. "Maybe she's just his friend or a close relative?" She said as she eyed the two noticeable figures standing not far from us.

 

Why am I feeling like this? It’s as if someone is squeezing my heart inside my chest but I showed Bom that it was nothing. That I'm alright. "I-Its ok Bommie," I said and gave her a reassuring smile though I'm not sure if I really was.

 

Maybe Bom read my mind for she started pulling my arm and whispered to me for us to just go somewhere else to eat lunch. Unfortunately, someone caught sight of us and immediately called our names.

 

"Bom! Dara! Over here!" Top called and waved his hand for us to see. My heart pounded hard as we slowly turned around and acknowledged him by waving our hands as well. Bom looked at me warily but I just nodded at her to go over to where they were.

 

Bom walked ahead and I followed behind, still unsure of what's happening. The moment we reach their table was the same time I met Jiyong's intense gaze. His eyes bore into mine but his face showed the usual stoic face he wears every day. The girl, on the other hand, was still clutching on his arms like a koala and seemed like she doesn't have a plan of letting go. She's grinning from ear to ear as if she won a lottery or something.

 

Bom sat next to Top while Youngbae offered the vacant seat right next to him. "Hey, where's your food? Wait, I'll get you some. Is bibimbap alright with you?" He asked. He's being extra attentive right now and that earned a knowing look from the rest.

 

"Oh, don't worry Youngbae-ah. I can get it myself." I said and was about to stand up but he beat me to it.

 

"It's ok Dara. Just sit down neh?" He insisted as he tapped my shoulder repeatedly. He immediately went in line at the counter with Top following behind doing the same thing for Bom. That leaves me, Bom, Jiyong and the unknown being beside him. An awkward silence enveloped us while waiting for the two but knowing my best friend, she won't let it stay that way longer.

 

She glanced at my direction and displayed her evil smirk at me. Oh my God. I can already see the horns protruding on her head. "Hey Jiyong, aren't you going to introduced us to your friend." She asked.

 

The girl smiled at Bom and waited for Jiyong to introduce her but his face remained impassive. She nudged him a little but he just ignored her. "Aisht! Let me just do it then." She said as she rolled her eyes while flipping her hair in the process. "I'm Mizuhara Kiko, but you can just address me by my name. You know, I hate formalities." She introduced herself and extended her hand to Bom, her other hand still not letting go of Jiyong's arm.

 

"Oh, well...Hello Kiko. I'm Bom. This is my best friend Dara." Bom accepted her hand and so did I. She looks pretty and the way she dresses herself tells me that she belongs to the modeling industry.

 

"Wait, Dara? Are you the one living with the Kwon's?" She asked and my eyes widen in shock. How did she know that?

 

"Uhm...yeah. I am." I simply answered and glanced sidewards to look at Bom.

 

"So, you're the one who Auntie keeps talking about." She said and her smile turned into a wide grin. "You know, we could be friends and since I don't know my way here, maybe you can tour me around? Jiyong said he'll be busy and he can't accompany me most of the time but..."

 

"Kiko!" Jiyong reprimanded her that made her shut . She looked at Jiyong and pouted her lips. So, she's the girl he's talking to when I saw him on the phone that day.

 

"What? I'm just asking them if they can come with me. What's wrong with that?" She defended but Jiyong just glared at her. I think Kiko got what he's trying to tell her when she decided to just let it go.

 

An unfamiliar feeling enveloped me as I felt a pinch inside my heart while watching them in front of me bicker. It's kind of odd knowing that there's someone else that he treats that way aside from me.

 

"Here you go." I heard Youngbae cut through my senses as he placed the food he bought in front of me. "One bibimbap for you."

 

"And one for you." Top copied what Youngbae said and gave the same to Bom.

 

"What about you guys? Aren't you going to eat?" I asked when I saw that they didn't buy anything for themselves.

 

"We're done eating before you arrived." Top said as he divides the chopsticks into two and gave it to Bom.

 

"Awww, aren't they sweet?" All our heads turned to Kiko when we heard her spoke before she glanced at Jiyong. "Why can't you be just like them? Knows how to take care of their girlfriends?"

 

Wait, girlfriend? Does that mean she's his... Bom almost choked with her food upon hearing what she just said. Top immediately come to her aid and gave her the bottled water to drink. "We're not their girlfriends Kiko." Bom corrected and wipes .

 

"Oh, really? Then how come..." she didn't finish her sentence when awkwardness started to build up in the table. "Sorry if I mistake you guys as couples. It’s just too sweet and besides, you guys look good together. Right Jiyong?"

 

Now all of us turned to Jiyong whose face displays someone who will throw anyone to outer space if provoked. His eyes were blazing with fury but obviously trying to contain himself from letting it out. He didn't say a thing but he just harshly pulled his arms away from Kiko's grasp.

 

"Really? I'll take that as a compliment then." Youngbae spoke and smiled at them. That earned a deadly glare from the dragon. I don't know what's going on here but I'm pretty sure it's not good at all.

 

We started eating our lunch as they exchanged conversations but I chose to keep my mouth shut. It's a talent actually that I can still eat in front of them though swallowing my food proves to be a challenge. They talk, sometimes bicker, and she always makes sure that she maintains their skinship. What surprises me is that he lets her do it even if everyone knew how much he hates it when people do that to him.

 

I finished my food in the fastest time I could so I can leave as soon as possible. "Hey, I gotta go," I said as I started gathering my stuff.

 

"What? But it’s not time yet. The bell won't ring for another thirty minutes. Where are you going?" Youngbae asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

"I still have to go to the library to research something for my next class," I explained though it's just an excuse to leave. Youngbae offered to come but I stopped him. I want to be alone for a while. "I'll just see you guys later. Nice meeting you Kiko."

 

"Yeah...Me too." She answered though she really doesn't pay much attention to me for her eyes were still glued to Jiyong. I followed her gaze and met his questioning eyes. His left brow raised as he clenched his jaws. I just ignored him and made my way out of the cafeteria with one question in mind. Who is she to Jiyong?

 

--------------------------
 

3rd PERSON'S POV

 

"Omma! Over here!" The little girl called for her mother when she reached the seashore. She was excited to swim and feel the cold water under her feet.

 

"I'm coming. Don't come to the water just yet. Wait for me!" Her mother was half running, half walking towards her daughter with her husband following behind. He was having a hard time carrying their bags and other stuff that they brought for their vacation.

 

Because of too much excitement, the little girl walked closer to the water and welcomed the little waves as it hits the shore. She giggled, not minding her mother calling her from afar. She stepped furthermore until the water already reached half of her body, unaware that a big wave is about to come her way. As expected, the wave hit the shore including the little kid playing.

 

"No! Dara!" Yejin screamed when she saw her daughter being wiped away by the water. She ran as fast as she could to save her. Shin-young dropped all the stuff he's been carrying when he heard his wife's loud cries. He hurriedly sprinted towards the shore to rescue their drowning daughter. "Dara!" Another scream escaped Yejin's mouth when she reached the water.

 

Shin-young immediately dove, head first, into the water and swam deep trying to find their daughter. Yejin saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter