Mr. Grumpy

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

Omo! Omo! Omo! Today is the day of our field trip! And guess where we're going. Tantananaaaann....Busan!!!Whoot Whoot!! Gosh I’m so excited. Its been a very long time since I last saw that place. I haven't told Bom yet that I’m coming. I want to surprise her later when I arrive at school.

 

 

I waited for Jiyong outside the mansion together with the driver, yes people, he finally called the real driver to drive us to school since we'll be gone for 3 days and no one will take the car back in the mansion once we left.

 

 

"Where are you going Dara-sshi?" Mr. Yoon asked me.

 

 

"It's our field trip today Adjussi and we're going to Busan." I grinned at him widely, can't contain the excitement I'm feeling right now.

 

 

"Oh, that place is wonderful. There's a lot of tourist spots around and the beach is great." He said and that made me feel even more excited.

 

 

"I know right? And we'll be staying there for three days! Three days Adjussi! Can you believe that?!" I told him animatedly while showing my three fingers in front of his face.

 

 

"What I can't believe is how loud and irritating you sounded from the inside." Mr. Yoon and I both turned to where that voice came from and saw Jiyong standing by the front door of the mansion. He then dragged his luggage towards us when he saw that we acknowledged his presence.

 

 

"Omo! Jiyong! Where are your crutches?" I hurriedly dashed to meet him halfway and assist him on walking but got surprised when he can now walk straight like nothing happened. "Y-you can walk now?" I asked, stunned by what I'm currently seeing.

 

 

"Of course I can walk stupid, I'm not disabled." He said and gave his luggage to Mr. Yoon to put it in the trunk.

 

 

"But yesterday, when you said that..."

 

 

"Shut it and get inside the car. We're running late." He cut me off as he hopped inside the car leaving me outside dumbfounded.

 

 

How can he walk that fast? It's just yesterday when his foot was wrapped in thick bandages and now it looks like nothing happened. I stared at the window where, though its heavily tinted, I know he can fully see me from the inside. I got startled when he suddenly rolled the windows down and glared at me.

 

 

"Are you coming or what?!?" I heard him yelled snapping me out of my reverie. I quickly strode towards the front seat and got inside the car, now feeling pissed.

 

 

"So Jiyong, good thing your foot healed so fast. It'll be a hassle during our field trip." I said and stole a glance at the rearview mirror.

 

 

"The medicine did its job...so... yeah." He nonchalantly said but I saw his body tensed from the mirror.

 

 

"Yup, either that or you must have acquired the healing ability of a dog," I muttered.

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"Oh, you didn't know that? They said that the dog's saliva has been discovered to heal wounds and other stuff like that." I said while showing my ever so serious face to him. Mr. Yoon was trying his best to stifle his laugh and just put his concentration back to driving. I saw Jiyong made a face and went back to staring outside the window. "So? How did you do it? Did you try to ....."

 

 

"Tsk! Do you want to walk all the way to school? Huh!?" He snarled at me and his brows automatically connected. Like Mr. Yoon, I also tried to stifle my laugh because of his annoyed face.

 

 

"Just saying..." i finally said ending the argument before the dragon spits fire on me. I have this nagging feeling that whatever happened to his foot was just a bluff and that I worry too much over nothing. But I can never be too sure since the doctor confirmed that it was indeed true. Fine, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

 

 

We arrived at the school fifteen minutes before call time. I was in awe when I saw about twenty or more buses parked in front of our school getting ready to transport students who will join the trip. I'm pretty sure this trip will be extravagant judging by the luxurious buses I'm currently seeing.

 

 

I went further inside to find my classmates but since the assigned buses will be decided according to what batch you belong to, all students are allowed to join and mix themselves with other courses to give chances of interactions. I already saw a group of students falling in line to register their names.

 

 

"OH.MY.GHAAADDD!!!!" I heard someone screamed. I turned around and saw Bom dashing towards me while flailing her arms in the air. Shoot! She saw me before I can even surprise her. "What the hell are you doing here?! I thought you're not coming!" she was shouting as I covered my ears.

 

 

"Bom, your voice. Its only 6 in the morning and you've already awakened every living creature in close vicinity." I told her looking around while apologizing to people that are giving us their death glares.

 

 

"Pssh! Let them be, I'm just expressing my emotions here. This is a free country duh!" She commented and rolled her eyes before glaring back to other students. "Anyways! Explain to me why you're here standing in front of me!"

 

 

"Because I'm not there!" I joked and immediately dodged her spiteful arm that is about to smack me. I explained everything to her including our conversation this morning that made her fumed in anger but squealed in delight at the same time. She said it added to her list of why he hates Jiyong but totally deleted it right away when he learned that he is the reason why I'm here.

 

 

"Where's Donghae?" I asked after we registered our names.

 

 

"He sent me a message earlier. He said he'll be running a little late because he will be fetching his cousin and a friend before coming here." Bom explained.

 

 

"Cousin and a friend? Why so? Are they joining the trip?" I asked as we walked towards the benches where some of the students wait for the call time.

 

 

"He didn't say. He just told me to..." Bom was cut short when someone called her from behind. We both looked back and saw Donghae making his way towards us with two girls trailing behind him.

 

 

"Hey Bom!" He greeted and shifted his gaze towards me looking stunned!"Oh Dara! You made it! I thought you can't join the trip?"

 

 

"I thought so too, but I guess miracles do happen." I said as we all chuckled. "Who are you with?" I then asked eyeing the two ladies behind him whose scanning the whole area.

 

 

"Oh, Sorry. I forgot. This is Lee Chaerin, my cousin." he said as he introduced the fierce looking one with blonde hair to both of us. "And this is her friend Gong Minzy." He said pointing at the cute girl with chinky eyes. "They both are from our neighboring schools and just a year batch lower than us." He explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter