Apprehensions

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

"...with Dara, Young Master."

 

Jiyong and I abruptly stopped ourselves on taking another step when we heard Mr. Jung's last statement. Both of us shifted our gaze back to him, confusion was written all over our faces.

 

"Why?" Jiyong was the first one to recover. "Why are they asking for Dara?" he asked as his brows instantly furrowed, alarmed.

 

Mr. Jung bowed his head respectfully before answering. " I apologize Young Master but they didn't tell me anything."

 

"But..."

 

"It's ok Jiyong." He wasn't able to say more when I immediately cut him off. I looked at him and smiled reassuringly before casting my eyes back to Mr. Jung. "Where are they?"

 

He gestured his hand towards the main door and bowed again like what he did earlier. "They're at the living room waiting."

 

I slowly pulled Jiyong's arm, signaling him to walk towards the mansion although his face is still laced with concern. I know what he's feeling right now because even if I'm displaying a calm and collected me, my heart won't stop beating in a fast pace I'm afraid it will jump out of my mouth anytime soon.

 

We entered through the main door and I can't understand why I feel so heavy. It's like there's a knot at the very pit of my stomach and something bad is going to happen. I got startled when I felt a hand laced through my fingers, squeezing them from time to time to help me relax. I glanced at Jiyong with wary eyes but he returned it with a smile. "Breath Babe, I'm here." He whispered and that's the only thing I need to make my nerves calm down.

 

We continued walking along the corridor and not a while longer, we already reached the end of it leading us towards the living room.

 

"This can't be. What about my daughter? I didn't raise her just to be played by someone!" We heard someone talking from a distance.

 

Silence filled the air the moment we stepped inside the room. All the people present stills when they noticed us made our way towards the center.

 

"Jiyong, where have you been? We've been waiting for you here for hours now." Mrs. Kwon was the first one to speak as she stood up from the couch. She was about to continue with what she's about to say when something caught her eyes. I followed her gaze and noticed that they're now glued on our linked hands which I immediately removed from Jiyong's grasp. Jiyong glanced at me sideways, narrowing his eyes because of what I did before shifting his gaze back to his mom.

 

"Why? What do you want?" He asked as he scanned the room to see the other people present. "...and what are they doing here?"

 

"Son, don't say that to our guests. Show some respect." Mr. Kwon spoke this time, his face looked a bit angry because of Jiyong's tone of voice.

 

Jiyong sighed in defeat before raking his hair in frustration. "I don't have time for this." He said. He was about to turn and face me when someone suddenly spoke that made him halted on his spot.

 

"J-Jiyong... where are you going?" All of us shifted our gaze to the owner of the voice and found Kiko wearing a sad-looking face. Her eyes were puffy because of too much crying and her hair is in disarray as if she hasn't checked herself in the mirror for a long time. She looks like a mess if you'll ask me. She slowly pulled herself from the couch and was immediately followed by her mother whom we heard talking earlier before we entered the room.

 

Jiyong abruptly faced her, giving her a dangerous glare that could send a shiver down anyone's spine. "What is this Kiko? I thought I already made myself clear the last time we've talked?" He said between gritted teeth. Just by looking at him, I can tell that he's just containing his anger slowly building up inside him. "What is this huh? What kind of drama are you brewing this time?"

 

"J-Jiyong..." Kiko was cut short when her mother beats her to it.

 

"See? What kind of attitude is he displaying Hyunsuk?" She shook her head as if what she said can heal mother earth. "Is that how you raised your boy? Disrespectful and doesn't know how to honor his words?" She looked at Jiyong before she added. "I took care of my daughter and she's very precious to me but what did you do? You used her and just left her when you got what you wanted!"

 

She caught everyone's attention with what she said. Jiyong was about to say something but Ms. Noriko shut him down. "I will never forgive what you did to my daughter. You have to marry her or else I will bring this up to the public." She threatened and that made all of us widen our eyes in shock. She shifted her gaze back to Mr. Kwon with eyes full of determination.

 

Mr. Kwon's eyes interchanged from Jiyong to her and Kiko before answering. "I can't believe what you're accusing my son. He can't do that."

 

"Well, he just did. Tell them Kiko." She then gestured Kiko to confirm that what she said was right.

 

"Y-yes U-Uncle. He did... He forced me to do it...." Kiko said and that made my heart almost leap out of my mouth.

 

"What?! What the are you saying Kiko?!" Jiyong shouted at her as his voice reverberated around the house.

 

"I'm sorry Jiyong but I have to tell them. You said you love me that's why I agreed for us to do it but now... Now you're leaving me because of that girl!" She cried and pointed her finger at me accusingly. All eyes are on me now and the looks on their faces tell me that they believe her.

 

Ms. Noriko went to her crying daughter to comfort her, rubbing her back to calm her down. She cast her gaze back to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. "If your son refuses to marry my daughter, I will let everyone know what kind of family you're raising and I'll make sure this will be the end of your empire Kwon." She dropped her last words coldly before gathering her stuff laid on the couch. Kiko followed suit and walked behind her mother whose now on her way out of the room. She walked past through me but suddenly stopped to stare at me from head to toe. She smirked and didn't say a thing rather, intentionally bumped my shoulder harshly and finally made her way out.

 

I followed her with my gaze but regret it because the moment I turned around to look, there I saw my father staring back at me with an unreadable expression. His impassive face giving nothing away but I know better. I know that he's disappointed and upset by what he just heard.

 

"...A-Appa..." I stuttered as my voice caught up in my throat. I looked at him but he just averted his gaze away from me. I got surprised when he suddenly made a few steps towards where Mr. and Mrs. Kwon was standing before bowing down at them.

 

"Mr. Kwon, Mrs. Kwon. Can you please excuse us? I want to talk to my daughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter