The List

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

I can't sleep! Why can't I sleep?! I've been rolling in my bed, changing positions for who knows how long but still, sleep can't find its way to visit me. I can't imagine how big my eye-bags will be tomorrow... I mean later. Argh! I wonder if Jiyong is already sleeping by now. Is he okay? Different scenarios came crashing in my head as I remembered the look in his eyes. Its the first time I saw him cried. I don't know if I was the main reason why or if there's something else but I can tell how sad he was. Why would he cry over something like me getting closer to his friends? I'm not stealing them away from him if that's what he's concerned about. Even if he always bullies me and embarrass me in front of other people, I still don't want him hurting like this. My promise to his father was one thing, but seeing him genuinely happy is another. It's my own personal wish since we were kids, to see him smile.

 

 

My train of thoughts was put to a halt when I heard my alarm resonated around the room. Great! Its already morning and I didn't get even a wink of sleep. Damn it!

 

 

--------------------

 

 

I dragged my feet literally as I head towards my locker to get my stuff. I still don't have enough energy even if I drank two cups of coffee this morning. I feel down and the looks that the other students are currently giving me is not helping. I know I look like a mess but why are they all staring at me like I’m some kind of alien who just landed their planet?

 

 

I reached my locker and because I already learned my lesson, in a hard way mind you, I’ve been very cautious every time I open my locker. Who knows what surprise is waiting for me? I slowly pulled the door, peeking if there's a trap planted inside, but thankfully there's none. I think Jiyong already grew tired of pulling tricks on me using my locker. I sighed heavily as I remembered him again. He didn't ride the car with me this morning. Mr. Yoon told me that he took off using his other car to go to school. He's really avoiding me and I hate to admit, I like the annoying Jiyong better than the one who's giving me the cold shoulder. Aisht!

 

 

After getting what I need for today's class, I started heading towards my classroom which is located at the other side of the building. The stares were getting worst every step I took until I reached the hall where the bulletin boards are stationed. I saw plenty of students were huddled in front of it that was very unusual. Curious as I was, I walked over to see what's causing the commotion.

 

 

'Mr. and Ms. Congeniality'

 

 

Oh, so they finally decided the theme for the Foundation day pageant. I scanned the poster more and saw that the list of contestants who registered for it was already posted. My eyes sparkled when I saw the name of my prince charming included in the male category. Oh my gosh! I didn't know that Jaejoong is into this stuff? My heart bounced upon knowing this side of him and mentally note it to myself. I'll definitely watch him.

 

 

My eyes scanned further more and read who registered for the female category.

If they will be partnered with my prince then I should know, right? Now let's see...

 

Kim Taeyeon - wow, I’m not surprised she joined because she always does. Unfortunately for her, she never wins.

 

Jung Krystal - Arghh, so the b*tch decided to join again this year. I still remembered what you did to me last year. So not cool!

 

Hwang Tiffany - Woah! Another b*tch I see.. the two joined forces to spread darkness into this school.

 

Choi Sulli - Sulli? I hope she's not the same Two-faced Sulli I saw at the restaurant last night. Batman will raise hell if it's her.

 

Park Sandara - Wait, what??? I read the name of the last person listed on the poster. There must be something wrong with my eyes!!! I read it ten more times and it really is my name!! What the hell is my name doing in that poster!!!

 

 

I turned around and almost all the students were looking at me with disgust on their faces. So that's why I kept receiving weird glances from them the moment I stepped inside the school. How on earth did this happen?!

 

 

"Its a joke...he hehe," I said to the students who kept their eyes glued on me. There's only one person I can think of who can do this to me. The evil monster!!!

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

My morning class finally ended as I fixed my stuff inside my bag. I still received mocking stares from my classmates but I just ignored them. I went outside and head towards the cafeteria when I chanced upon the person who I think is responsible for the mess I’m currently in.

 

 

"Jiyong..." I murmured. He looked at me with a deadpan expression before turning around to walk away without saying a word. "Wait!" I hollered grasping his arm to make him stop.

 

 

"What do you want?" He hissed, looking irritated.

 

 

"Why did you do it?!"

 

 

"Do what?"

 

 

"Don't act innocent Jiyong. I know you're the one who registered my name on that stupid pageant!" I spat. Now it's my turn to feel irritated.

 

 

He smirked mockingly before walking two steps in front of me. "First of, I don't know what you're talking about." He said as he stared me down with his scary looking eyes. "Second, I don't care about any of it at all. Now get out of my way or I’ll make you." He whispered dangerously as all the hair in my head rosed. I stepped sideways to let him pass before he decides to toss me around like a rag doll.

 

 

I stared at his retreating back until he made a turn at the corner. I clutched my chest as I feel the familiar pain I felt last night. It drained me. The way he looks at me, its as if I’m someone he doesn't know. Like a stranger who he just met minutes ago. What happened to you Jiyong?

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

"Dara! Over here!" I saw Bom waiving her hand from one of the tables in the cafeteria. I approached her table and sat across her. "What the heck is that?!" She pointed at my face with disgust.

 

 

"What?" I asked with disinterest as I propped my elbow on top of the table, leaning my head on my palm.

 

 

"Your face. You look horrible like a zombie." She reiterates and looked into my eyes. "You didn't sleep didn't you?"

 

 

"I wanted to but I can't" I groggily said while yawning.

 

 

"But why? Is it because of your date last night?" She teased as she danced in her seat like an idiot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter