Leaving Truth Behind

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3RD PERSON'S POV

 

 

"Y-Yejin..."

 

 

She made a step forward to see him clearly. "How are you Shin-yang?" She asked in a very calming voice as she gauges him.

 

 

"I-is it really y-you? Am I dreaming? Is it really you Yejin?" Shin-yang repeatedly asked her as he stared at her long-lost wife standing in front of her.

 

 

Yejin nodded her head and smiled at him. She's been waiting so long for this moment to come. From the time she left them until the day she will come back. "It's me."

 

 

Shin-yang didn't waste any moment as he hurriedly went to her and hugged her tight. So tight that it almost took her breath away. Not long after, she returned his gesture as she circled her arms around his waist. Holding him longingly that even without a word, it shows how much she missed him.

 

 

"I missed you so much." She heard him say and felt his body shook. She tried to pull herself away to look at him but he didn't let her. She knows he's crying but he doesn't want her to see it. She smiled for he still hasn't changed even for a long time.

 

 

"I missed you too." She answered and she felt him stiffen.

 

 

Shin-yang dried his tears before pulling himself from the hug. "Then why did you go away? Why did you leave us without saying a word?" He asked her and stared at her eyes.

 

 

"I wish I could tell you the reason but...now is not the right time." She answered and stepped away from him.

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

" Shin-yang ...please."

 

 

"Ok...ok. I'm not going to ask anymore. What's important is that you're back. Our family will finally be complete again." Shin-yang excitedly said as he stepped forward to hold Yejin's hand but to his dismay, she gradually pulled it away.

 

 

Yejin looked into his eyes now wearing a different expression. It's the face that she wears whenever she's dealing with business. Cold and non-committal, her face giving nothing away. "I'm not here for that."

 

 

"W-what? What do you..."

 

 

"I'm here for Dara."

 

 

"Why? Want to you want from her?!" His face looked alarmed the moment she heard Dara's name.

 

 

"I need her to come with me."

 

 

"What?!" Shin-yang shouted that surprised Yejin. "You're going to take her away from me? You left us Yejin, and now you want our daughter to come with you?!"

 

 

"It's for her own good. I... I will take care of her and promise to give her a good life."

 

 

"Are you telling me that I'm not giving her the life that she deserves? Now I'm being a bad father, is that it? Because last time I checked you're the one who left us to live a luxurious life you always had that you knew I can't give." He chuckled and stared at her straight into her eyes. "You're no different from your selfish father."

 

 

A loud sound was heard that echoed around the room when she abruptly slapped him across his face. Yejin couldn't take it anymore. What he said hurt her to the deepest core of her heart. She can't believe that her own husband would think of her that way and even compared her to her father who she truly hates. Her eyes began to well up but she tried her best to control her emotions. She doesn't want to appear weak in front of him. No, at least not this time.

 

 

"I'm taking her whether you like it or not." She firmly said but Shin-yang only smirked.

 

 

"I'd like to see you try." He said before turning around to leave but Yejin held his wrist stopping him from his tracks.

 

 

"Please, I need to do this. For our daughter." She pleaded but Shin-yang only pulled his hand harshly away from her grasp and continued to walk away leaving her dumbfounded.

 

 

A lone tear finally escaped her eye when she heard the door slammed closed. She knows he's hurting but she doesn't have a choice. Seeing that persuading him didn't work, she needs to think of another way to do that.

 

 

"Madam." Yejin immediately wiped her tears when she heard Mr. Nam entered the room. "Do we need to go on with the original plan?"

 

 

"Not yet Mr. Nam. I want to make sure everyone's safe first before I figure out what to do next."

 

 

--------------------

 

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

 

I was stunned the moment I saw her entered the room. She's wearing an elegant dress that fits her perfectly and she matched it with a simple makeup but even without it, her beauty still outshines the rest. Her innocent looking face can lure anyone in this room in an instant. My mood abruptly turned sour when I heard these bastards beside me asked about her.

 

 

"You know her?" I ignored him as if I didn't hear what he said.

 

 

"Bro, can you introduce us to her?" Another bastard asked and he even had the nerve to put his filthy hand on my shoulder. That's all I need to reach my boiling point and snapped.

 

 

I shrugged his hand harshly off my shoulder and turned to face the idiot. "I'm not your brother...and No! I won't introduce her to any of you!"

 

 

I looked at them dangerously as if silently telling them to back off. I think they got the picture when they stepped backward all at the same time. I glared at each of them and swear that this will be the last time I'll ever talk to these damn motherf*ckers!

 

 

I turned around and tried to find out where she is. My sight zeroed in on her as she tried to make her way into the crowd. I didn't think twice and strode hurriedly towards her direction with one goal in mind, get her away from the malicious looking bastards lurking around this damn place.

 

 

I doubled my pace, not minding the people I kept bumping into without stopping to apologize. I don't care about them. My goal is more important. I was so near as I extended my arm to reach for her shoulder when someone suddenly yanked my arm away. I grunted inwardly as I grudgingly faced the person who had the nerve to stop me. My eyes widen when I saw Kiko staring back at me.

 

 

"What the hell are you doing Jiyong?" She said as she looked at me confused.

 

 

I whipped my head back to where Dara was heading and saw her being approached by another guy I can hardly see. That made my blood boil even more. I shifted my gaze back to Kiko to answer her stupid question. "Are you blind? Didn't you see what I was about to do before you dragged me away?"

 

 

"I saw that but why? I thought I'm your date, why are you running after some random girl?" She asked and it’s her turn to look pissed. She might haven't noticed who I was after.

 

 

"You're the only one who thought of it that way. I thought I already made it clear to you when we were at the restaurant." I exclaimed, trying to contain the anger building inside me.

 

 

She started pouting her lips and acted like a damsel in distress like she always does when we have this kind of confrontation which irritates me a lot. "Don't use that tactic on me again, Kiko. It's already getting old."

 

 

"But...But..." She looked away and her eyes started to water when what she said next caught me off guard. "Dara? Is that you?" She gasped as I followed her gaze and lo and behold...It's her and she's with that monkey again that I so wanted to punch ever since I laid eyes on him. Damn it.

 

 

-----------------

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

"Dara? Is that you?"

 

 

I slowly turned around from where I'm currently standing and faced the most irritating person I've met, Kiko. Standing beside her is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter