Hate to Love

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

All the people inside the conference room stood upon hearing the commotion outside. It must be the Chairman we've been waiting for. As soon as the door swung open, my neck craned a little in hopes that I can see clearly.

 

 

A man, in his forties, stood in front of the room and faced the confused looking directors. "I'm sorry to inform you but the Chairman cannot attend this meeting. She has an emergency she needs to attend to." He announced. She? The Chairman is a she? I have to review my manual again. The directors and officers exchanged glances before giving their attention back to the man in front. "In her absence, she is requesting the Vice-Chairman to act on her behalf to convene and preside this meeting." He scanned the room and tried to find the Vice-Chairman to give something to him. It's a brown envelope he's been holding the moment he stepped in. "And with all your permission, she is requesting me to sit in to observe and take note of what will be discussed today."

 

 

Without hesitation, the Vice Chairman and all other directors nod their heads in approval. The chairman's representative took the very back seat of the table and prepared himself to listen.

 

 

"Everyone, let's all take our seats." The Vice-Chairman announced and the rest followed. I was still in a daze and at the same time disappointed because I didn't get to see the owner now and I don't know when will be the next time I'll be able to. I know I still have months before my internship ends but apart from Bom's ultimate goal of meeting the person behind this successful business, deep inside I want that too. I just can't explain why curiosity suddenly gets the best of me.

 

 

"Hey, Dara..." A voice suddenly slashed through my senses cutting me out from my trance. I looked back and saw Seven nodding his head at me, signaling me towards his side to help him. I walked towards him and immediately took the laptop from his grasp. "What happened to you? You looked like someone who got bitten by a zombie and will turn into one any second." He said as he readied himself for the presentation.

 

 

"Ha Ha Ha... Very funny. SIR." I whispered with pure sarcasm as I emphasized the last word to irritate him.

 

 

"Hey, I told you not to call me that." He whispers shouted and I smirked to myself, feeling satisfied.

 

 

"I just did, SIR Choi." I more and he gave me an irritated look.

 

 

"Aisht, I can feel all my hair in my body rising, thank you very much." He said and crossed his arms to hug himself. "Now I lost my confidence. I don't know if I can still do this."

 

 

I raised my eyebrow and looked at him incredibly. "Are you kidding me? What happened to 'this is the reason why this company never leaves the top’ huh? It didn't occur to me that you have the tendency of becoming a quitter."

 

 

I looked at him with a serious face, both my brows mashed together until I saw a smile tugged on his lips. "And it didn't occur to me too that you're such a gullible person. I didn't expect you to believe that but you did." He said and broke into laughter. He's holding his stomach, trying so hard to stifle his laugh for others not to hear him. Aisht, this guy.

 

 

"Seven, aren’t we going to start yet?" The Vice-Chairman asked. Both of us shifted our gaze back and saw all the people sitting on the table looking at us. I felt my cheeks flushed because of it but one person caught my eyes and he's now giving me a deadpan expression. My eyes landed on his hands that were holding a pencil but got shocked when he abruptly snapped the poor pencil into two. I heard myself gulped at that and fear suddenly enveloped me. Seunghyun, who was sitting right next to him, saw what he did and whispered something to his ear. I saw his face relaxed a bit and just heaved a deep sigh afterward. Whatever he said must be really something that it pacified him and helped calm himself down.

 

 

Seven straightened himself up and looked at them as he regained his confidence. "We will Sir. We're just fixing the visual aids for you." He confirmed and with that, the meeting started.

 

 

------------------

 

 

The officers and directors shook Seven's hand as they went out of the room one by one. I can hear praises coming from all of them because of his job well done. Well, not to be biassed but he really did a great job. It's the first time I saw him in action and I'm really impressed. He presented his report with confidence and answered all the questions thrown at him including those unnecessary questions coming from the person who was only expected to just sit and listen. No, it’s not the Chairman's representative. Those out of the blue questions came from the Dragon himself, Jiyong.

 

 

All the attendees left the room except Bigbang. Since work is almost over for today, they already excused themselves from their respective bosses. I was packing our stuff up when I heard a familiar voice calling me across the room.

 

 

"Noona! Noona!" I looked up and saw Seungri coming towards where I stood.

 

 

"Hi, Seungri. What's up?" I asked while I continue with what I was doing. My heart started to pound when I saw the others followed behind, including him.

 

 

"Well, we're planning to go out after this. Do you want to come?" He asked looking excited as ever. I stopped and stared at him for I don't know how long like what he said is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. "Noona. Are you ok?" I heard him snapped his fingers in front of my face before I could answer.

 

 

I tried to think and come up with an excuse to decline his invitation but nothing. JARVIS failed me again this time. Ugh! "Uhm, I don't know. I was planning to..."

 

 

"Can I come too? Are you guys getting a drink or something?" All our eyes shifted to the side and stared at my supervisor looking like an excited idiot that he is. If not for being my superior and my grades do not depend on him, I'm so gonna strangle him to death.

 

 

"Seven, we still have revisions to do right?" I intercepted, trying my hardest to stop this madness that's about to happen.

 

 

"Seven?" Jiyong suddenly spoke as I saw him shifted his head at us interchangeably and looked at us as if we just committed a crime or something. But of course, being the insensitive human that he is, Seven just ignored the fuming dragon standing just a few feet from him.

 

 

"No, we don't. Aren't you paying attention to the meeting earlier Dara? They said we did a great job so we don't need to revise it. It stays as it is." he said and grinned at me. I was about to say more to avoid coming with them when I heard Seunghyun spoke behind me.

 

 

"Bom's coming too." He simply said and that totally changed my mind. Aisht! Why is it that every time he opens his mouth, scenarios always change? It's as if giving me an option which I can't resist. He's really wise, I tell you.

 

 

I heaved a deep sigh before I nodded my head in surrender. "Fine. Just give me time to finish this." But after I said that, they immediately helped me packed everything up just in a split second.

 

 

"Let's go Noona," Seungri said as he linked his arm on mine, pulling me out of the room.

 

 

"Wait, let me come with you!" I heard Seven yelled as we all headed out.

 

 

------------------

 

 

"Why is your supervisor with us?" Bom asked the moment we stepped out of the van we used. Apparently, Seungri brought his van for all of us to fit. Except of course Jiyong who brought his own car and my supervisor who invited himself to come with us for a drink. He said he needed it to celebrate since the projects he's been working on for months were already approved and all his hard work finally paid off.

 

 

"Let him Bommie. He said he needs it, to unwind and celebrate." I answered and stared back at my supervisor who just got out of his what he called the 'deabak car'.

 

 

"It just feels like we got ourselves a chaperone."

 

 

"Chaperone? You call that a chaperone? Sorry, Bommie but I think he will most likely be the first one to cause trouble among all of us." I said as I shook my head upon seeing Seven make his way towards us while wearing a smug grin on his face.

 

 

"You think so?" Bom crossed her arms above her chest and bumped my shoulder. She gestured me to look to my right as she pointed at Jiyong using her pouting lips. "Well, I think someone will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter