It's Official

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"I love you too..." My mind went blank upon uttering the words I've been keeping inside me. I felt him stiffened when he heard me say it.

 

 

He pulled himself from the tight embrace and held me in an arm’s length to look at me clearly. "W-what d-did you say?"

 

 

"Nothing!" I instantly answered and looked away as I felt heat crawled up to my cheeks.

 

 

"No. You said something. Say it again." I looked at his face and I can already see a smile forming on his lips.

 

 

"Not my fault if you're deaf." I stubbornly said and looked anywhere but him.

 

 

"Come on, Dara. Say it again. I want to make sure I'm not dreaming." He said as he cupped my face to make me look at him.

 

 

Another wave of heat burns my cheeks the moment I saw his hopeful eyes, waiting for me to say those words again. Aisht. Didn't he know that I'm already dying here because of too much embarrassment? "Fine. I said...."

 

 

"Hmm?"

 

 

"I said... I... Lo...."

 

 

"What is it? Hmm???"

 

 

"I Lo..." I saw his face gleaming at me as he waited. "I Love to go home now," I said. His face instantly turned from hopeful to deadpan expression. I want to laugh at his reaction right now, he's so cute.

 

 

"Ok. If you don't want to say it. Let's go home. I know you're tired." He said looking dejected. He took my bag lying on the ground and turned around to head back to the car but I didn't let him make it to three strides before granting his wish.

 

 

"I love you Kwon Jiyong," I said and that made him stop. He was frozen for five seconds until he slowly turned around to face me. A wide grin is now plastered on his face and before I could utter another word, he immediately strode towards me and hugged me.

 

 

"I'm so happy, thank you." I heard him said beside my ear and that made me smile. I know how he feels because that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Happy and contented.

 

 

 

——————

 

 

"So... Are you two together now?" Bom asked the moment we sat on the table at the cafeteria to have our snacks. She was wiggling her eyebrows at me while giving me a knowing look. I told her last night what happened to me and Jiyong over the phone. I am almost gone deaf because of her loud squealing upon learning about it.

 

 

I shifted on my seat, feeling uncomfortable with the topic. I'm really not used to this kind of conversation. "No, I mean I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet."

 

 

"But you said you both exchanged I love you's to each other? That's all you need Dara." She said as she started munching her favorite snack in the world, yes corn.

 

 

"Really? No confirmation at all? I mean, isn't that a little bit assuming to say that we are together?"

 

 

She looked up and stared at the ceiling as if thinking deeply while waving her spoon like a wand. "Well, it depends really..." She stared back and looked at me suggestively. "Why don't you ask him?"

 

 

"What?! Are you out of your mind? Why will I do that?" I exclaimed, shocked at what she said.

 

 

"Why not? How will you know your status if you won't ask him?"

 

 

"That's embarrassing Bom! I can't believe you'd suggest that. Aisht!" I shook my head and massage my temple. My head is starting to hurt right now.

 

 

"Speaking of the devil..." I heard Bom said as she shifted her gaze towards the door of the cafeteria. My heart began to pound inside my chest when I saw Jiyong and Top suddenly materialized. Jiyong smiled when he saw us and immediately made their way to approach our table. "If you won't ask him, I will." I heard Bom whispered before finishing her corn.

 

 

"Hi, guys." Top greeted upon reaching us and immediately took the seat beside Bom. Jiyong followed and took the seat beside me. "How are you?" He asked but his question is more likely directed to me. He was smiling from ear to ear and I can't help but think that he already has an idea with what happened last night. He's one of Jiyong's best friends anyway so the probability of knowing that little fact is undoubtedly high.

 

 

"I. Uhm...fine. I guess." I hesitantly answered with my forehead creased. Top is staring while giving me the 'I-know-what-happened-so-don't-deny-it' look. Ugh! I can already feel my face bloating and turning red as a tomato because of too much embarrassment.

 

 

"Hyung, stop staring. You're scaring her." I heard Jiyong spoke and that made my nerves relaxed when he finally shifted his gaze off of me but chuckled right after.

 

 

"Yes Top, don't stare. It's rude!" Bom seconded but she's wearing that teasing smile on her face. Aisht. What is wrong with these people? "Hey, why don't you accompany me at the lobby Top? I have to pick up something there." Bom suddenly said and started packing up her stuff before placing everything inside her bag. She stood up and signaled Top to stand up as well leaving just the two of us behind. "See you later guys." Bom finally said before winking at me. She pulled Top with her as they head towards the exit.

 

 

My stomach churned when everything dawned on me. Oh my God. We're alone, what shall I do? I gulped inwardly and prayed that he won't open any topic that will lead to what happened last night.

 

 

The moment I lost sight of them, I immediately focused my eyes back to my food. I can see Jiyong staring at me in my peripheral vision, freely scrutinizing my face. As for me, I don't know why but I really can't look at him right now. This is too awkward. "You ok Dara? You look pale. Are you sick? How are you feeling?" He simultaneously asked and even lifted his hand to feel my forehead if I really am sick. Gosh, this is so nerve-wracking.

 

 

That's the moment I look at him to give him a reassuring smile. "I'm ok Jiyong. Don't worry." I have to mentally congratulate myself for not stuttering at that. Why am I even nervous? This is Jiyong we're talking about, my one and only love. Waaa! What am I saying?? I felt my cheeks heat up again just thinking about it. What's happening to me? Snap out of it Dara.

 

 

"But you don't look ok. A while ago you're pale now you're looking all red." He felt my forehead again and his eyes widen in shock. "Geez Dara. You're burning up. Let's go to the doctor."

 

 

Say what?!? What is he saying? It's just my hormones kicking in but how can I tell him that? I can't tell him that. Ugh! What's happening to me?!

 

 

He was about to stand up when I immediately pulled his arm to sit back and stay calm. "Jiyong, I'm fine ok? I just told you don't worry."

 

 

"But you're sick and..."

 

 

"It's....a girl thing." I cut him off but that only adds up to my burning face. A girl thing?! What am I saying again? Gosh! Am I still normal?

 

 

"Oh." Was his only response. He looked at me for a few seconds before a smile suddenly became visible on his face when he finally realized what was going on. He nodded his head slowly, his smile never leaving his face. He lifted his left eyebrow and stared at me intently. Is it me or he's just so hot when he does that? "Girl thing huh? So, you mean to say..."

 

 

"Oh, shut up!" I hissed and went back to eating my food. I can see him smiling evilly beside me and maybe contemplating whether he's going to keep quiet or tease me to death. But knowing him...he'll probably and most likely will...

 

 

"You're giddy right?" He finally dropped it like a bomb that explodes right in front of my face. See what I mean?? He chuckled endlessly and poke my ribs repeatedly even if I’m giving him the deadliest glares I could muster. But seconds later, the glares I was giving him were replaced with smiles and laughter I couldn't resist. Gone was the irritation, my pissed off face is now grinning widely and the question Bom said I should ask was long forgotten. Aisht! This jerk. What have you done to me?

 

 

——————

 

 

BOM'S POV

 

 

"What do you think about them?" I heard Top asked me as soon as we went out of the cafeteria.

 

 

"What do you mean what do I think?" He just flashed his awesome smile at me and waited for me to answer. I have an idea what he's talking about but I just want to be sure. You know, ever since I started hanging out with him, I always think about what I'll say or what to answer first. Let's just say I developed some kind of ability to stop and think rationally. Unlike before when I do the opposite. It's because of him. He is smart and everyone knows that. It's not that I want to be on par with him, I know it’s impossible but at least I should give him a rational answer every time he asks questions. "In my opinion, I think they will be together."

 

 

"Really?"

 

 

"Yeah. Why? Do you still have doubts? Isn't it obvious?" I said as I stopped myself from walking and face him.

 

 

"It is. I just hope they won't have problems along the way." He commented with a hint of sadness in his eyes. I squinted mine and look at him sternly.

 

 

"Y-you think they'll have problems? What is it?" I asked with full of worry. I know I was against Jiyong before but he has already proven his worth for my best friend. I know he loves her and Dara loves him too. But what could he be talking about gives me worries that I couldn't put my finger at.

 

 

"Hey, stop thinking too much." I heard Top spoke cutting me off from my trance. "I know! Why don't we go to my newly discovered restaurant later? My treat, I know you'll love there." He said, now a smile is plastered on his face. The face I admired for a very long time.

 

 

It took me a while before what he said registered inside my head. Is he...Is he... I wasn't able to stop myself and asked him what I thought he's asking. "A-are you asking me out?" I blurted out but suddenly regret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter