Your Royal Highness

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

Today, our professor gave us an early dismissal to give the students ample time to prepare for tomorrow's field trip. On top of that, it is the school's tradition to free the students from the afternoon classes the day before the trip for the same reason. Yup, students here are really pampered.

 

 

"Dara-ah!" I heard an ear-splitting sound along the hallway and I guess you already know who the owner of the voice is.

 

 

"Bom! I thought I already told you not to scream my name in public!" She just laughed at me as I pinched the bridge of my nose due to annoyance.

 

 

"Are you ready for tomorrow? Gosh! This trip is going to be awesome. I saw the list of places..." she said without pausing but all I heard was blah blah blah blah blah. "Hey! Are you listening? I said the tri..."

 

 

"I heard everything Bom." I cut her off before my eardrums explode.

 

 

"Then why aren't you spazzing??? Aren't you excited about it?" She asked and she looked at me as if another head suddenly grew on my neck.

 

 

I deeply sighed before answering her. "I...am not....going," I said slowly as I prepared my ears for another round of blabbering.

 

 

"Whhhaaattt?!?!?" She shouted as if I was standing on the other side of the building. Arrggg. I'm pretty sure my ears already reached the highest level of decibels it can handle and will bleed anytime soon. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT COMING?!??" Yup, I’m deaf alright.

 

 

"Bom! Can you please lower your voice? Thanks to you my ears are already bleeding!" I told her as I dragged her out of the building where no one can hear us. I explained everything to her which I think she won't accept that easily.

 

 

"Then I won't come either!" She declared as she crossed her arms over her chest like a kid throwing tantrums.

 

 

"Aisht! Don't be such a kid Bommie-ah."

 

 

"But Daraaaa... I don't have anyone there to partner with!" She complained and stomped her feet repeatedly.

 

 

"Then I’ll ask Donghae to accompany you where ever you go," I said.

 

 

"Oh my God Dara. You're leaving me under the care of someone I don't know? “She looked at me with wide eyes as if what I said is the most horrible thing in the world.

 

 

"Don't exaggerate Bom. You already knew Donghae."

 

 

"But we're not close like you two. And besides, it'll be awkward." she defensively said.

 

 

"Then do you want me to partner you with Top instead?" I teasingly said and that earned me a hard smack on my arm from her. "Ouch! Bommie!!"

 

 

"Serves you right. We're in the middle of a big crisis here and you still have time to joke?"

 

 

"Who says I’m joking? I can easily ask Top to be with yo...Ouch! Bommie! Will you stop it!" I shouted at her when she smacked me again. I think I need to have my arms checked if there were dislocated bones or something.

 

 

"Then stop teasing me!" She yelled at me. I nursed my poor arm and scowled at her. I forgot that this woman can be very violent when provoked.

 

 

"Ok fine. I'm sorry ok? I really am. You know how much I wanted to join the trip. I always look forward to the places we'll visit every year but there's nothing I can do right now." I told her. It really frustrates me but there's no one to blame but me. Aisht.

 

 

After who knows how long, I finally convinced Bom to attend the field trip together with Donghae. Maybe that will help them familiarize each other and cut the awkwardness between them.

 

 

We already parted ways after I told her to go home and prepare for tomorrow. I know how much she enjoys those events and I won't let myself be the hindrance of that. It'll be twice the torture as me not going in it.

 

 

I was on my way home, thinking of a plan how I’ll spend my three days vacation when I heard my phone made a creepy sound. I fished it out inside my bag and suddenly rolled my eyes when I saw who sent the message to me.

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

Are you home?

 

 

What?!? Why is he asking me if I’m home? Did he forget that it’s still weekday today and I’m most probably in school right now? He didn't let a minute passed when he sent me another irritating message.

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

Why aren't you replying? I know today's a half day so don't you dare lie.

 

 

From: Me

Can't you wait until I finished typing? And why are you asking if I’m home? Don't I have the right to enjoy during my free time?

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

Geez...I only asked you a simple question and you already fired back three complicated ones. How hard is it to answer with a yes or a no?

 

 

Arrggg!!! This is why I hate having conversations with him. He always makes me look stupid and dumb.

 

 

From: Me

No...

There! Are you happy now?

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

No, I’m not. If you’re not home then you should be. I have lots of things to do today and I want you to do it for me.

 

 

This motherf*cker!!! How demanding can he be? I wasn't born to be his servant!

 

 

From: Me

And I will do that because???

 

 

From: The Evil Monster

Because you're dead if you don't. I would have done it myself if I wasn't injured and all.

 

 

And now he's using the 'self-pity-guilt tripping' tricks on me! Grrrr... I can already feel myself transforming into a giant hulk again.

 

 

From: Me

Fine! I’ll be right there your royal highness!

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter