Lost to be Found

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

Numb. That's all I am right now. I can't feel anything. After Mrs. Kwon left, I went back inside our building, dragging my feet as if a ball and chain are attached to one of my ankles. I don't even know how I managed to come up here in one piece.

 

I stood in front of the mirror here inside the restroom and stared at my pathetic-looking face. Puffy eyes, stray hair going just about anywhere around my face and neck, sweats trickling down the side of my forehead like I just finished a triathlon. I looked at the girl staring back at me with equal intensity trying hard not to blink because if I did, I'm afraid that one of us will break down. Yes, that's me being pathetic and looking like a loser. Am I going crazy? Maybe I am because the voices I heard earlier keeps repeating inside my head like a broken record. Its slowly draining my energy but the beat of my heart just won't slow down.

 

It hurts. It hurts so bad I feel like dying. This is worse than when I found out about Jaejoong and Krystal playing tricks on me. No, the pain I felt that time is not at par with what I'm feeling right now. Not even close. I can't even compare this to every pain I've felt before, this is far worse than all of them combined.

 

Thousands of questions keep popping inside my head. Jiyong... was that really you? Are you the one behind that voice? Were you just playing with my heart? But why? Did I do something wrong to you?

 

My train of thoughts came to a halt when someone suddenly knocks on the door. I intentionally locked it when I came here to freshen up a bit before going back to work. I hurriedly turned the faucet on to wash my face with water and somehow make me look presentable. Continuous knocks made me move faster and hastily made my way to the door to unlock it. As I pull the door open, I came face to face with my best friend looking worried as ever.

 

"What happened to you?" she asked before stepping inside the restroom and immediately held me in an arm’s length. "Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!" She bombarded without pausing as she checks me out.

 

"How did you find me here?" I simply asked, displaying an innocent face giving nothing away. I know that not telling her my situation is not right. I just don't want to always drag her to my problems most especially when it involves Jiyong. I don't want her to think that what he thought of him before is true, that he's not good for me. He already proved himself to her, I don't want to ruin that.

 

"How? I can't believe that you still don't know that I can always find you even if you hide inside a cave." She exclaimed as she plants both her hands on her waist while glaring at me.

 

"Hahaha. Stop acting like a mother hen Bommie-ah. You're getting scarier by the minute." I chuckled and hit her arm lightly as if nothing happened.

 

She didn't say a thing but instead stared at me while wearing a serious-looking face. She heaved a deep sigh when she knew that I wouldn't spill the beans. When I thought that she'll finally let it go, I got startled when she abruptly pulled me into a tight embrace. I suddenly felt her body shook when she started crying. "I know it hurts, b-but please, don't forget that I'm here and will always be here for you Dara." She said in between her sobs.

 

With that, I hugged her back real tight like my life depends on it. I know she can feel what I feel even without saying any word. She's my best friend but we're like sisters and I'm grateful to have her. The tears that I've been holding finally streamed down my face and cried with her. I'm broken but I'm glad I still have someone to rely on like her.
 

 

-------------------------

 

"He said that?" Bom exclaimed as she walks back and forth in front of me. We decided to take the whole day off from work and head back with her here at their mansion.

 

"Bom, can you please lower your voice. Someone can actually hear you." I reprimanded. I already told her what happened when Mrs. Kwon and I talked earlier and she's expectedly not taking it lightly.

 

She sat beside me on the edge of the bed and placed her arms over her chest. "How can they do that? I mean I can understand Kiko, but Jiyong? He may be a bully before but I've seen him changed. I know he's serious about you there's no way it's him behind that voice." She said as she stared at a distance, eyebrows mashed together.

 

"That's what I'm thinking too Bom but I know his voice. I can't be mistaken. It's really his." I told her.

 

"I mean there must be an explanation behind all these. I can tell that something isn't right but we can't prove it unless we ourselves have evidence to show." I looked at Bom and she's trying to analyze every detail I told her. "Wait, you said something about a certificate, right?"

 

"Yes, she sends a medical certificate showing results that Jiyong...that he...that..." God, I can't even say it. The moment I've read it, it almost took my sanity away. I know he can't do it but when I saw the signatures of all the doctors who testified that the document is authentic, it made my stomach churned and it makes me want to throw up.

 

"It's ok Dara. I get it now and I can't imagine how you've felt when you saw that." Bom pats my back to console me. "Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this. I'll help you find the answers to all of these but forgive me, Dara. If I've proven that Jiyong is involved and that he really played you, he better wishes that her mother didn't give birth to him for he won't see daylight ever again." She said under gritted teeth. I can tell that even if we haven't proven anything yet, she's already disappointed in him. This is one of the reasons why I hesitated to tell her at first. I don't want to ruin the hard-earned trust she gave to Jiyong.

 

I bowed my head and tried to hide the stubborn tears that are threatening to fall down once again. Why is this happening? We were just happily dating the other night, enjoying each other's company, talking about almost everything under the sun. Why does it have to end so suddenly? Is happiness really hard to obtain? If there's one thing we did and others think it's not right, is that we just fell in love. Is loving someone wrong too?

 

———————

 

It's been days since that night. The night I wanted to forget but can't since every single detail of what happened was already tattooed inside my head. I keep staring at my phone for the nth time hoping to receive even a single message but disappointment must know its way to crawl inside me and ruin my day. "Still no calls from him?" I heard Bom asked the moment she sat in front of me and placed her tray on top of the table. I shook my head as a response and stared back at my phone. "Not even a text?!" She asked again and I shook my head once again, not in the mood to talk.

 

Ever since that night, Jiyong just went missing. His parents even asked me if I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter