Attention Hugger

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

"J-Jiyong?"

 

 

"I was just gone for a while and someone already stole your attention huh?"

 

 

I was staring back at him with equal intensity as what he's giving me. What is he doing here?

 

 

Seconds later, s emerged somewhere and stood beside their leader who wasn't taking his gaze off of me. "Hi, Noonas!" Seungri waved his hand at me and then at Bom looking all excited.

 

 

Then the rest followed. Youngbae, Daesung and Top showed themselves behind Jiyong and nodded their heads at us. I looked around us and just like I expected, everyone stopped what they’re doing and gawked at them like it’s their first time to see a real person in their entire life. Their charms can really catch attention even outside our school.

 

 

"Noona! How are you guys? Surprised to see us?" Daesung said this time, jumping on his spot like a kid who just ate a bunch of sweets.

 

 

"Hi, Dara. You look nice." Youngbae greeted and gave me the sweetest smile but that earned a glare from Jiyong which he just ignored.

 

 

Top, on the other hand, was scratching his head while giving Bom side glances. I think he already knows that she's pissed off at him.

 

 

"What are you guys doing here? I thought this company isn't on your list?" Bom suddenly asked and stole a glance at Top too. Aigoo, these two really need to talk.

 

 

They shifted their heads towards Jiyong all at the same time but his face remained impassive, ignoring 's weird facial expressions. "What?" he asked looking irritated.

 

 

"Can we join you? All the tables here are taken so..." Youngbae asked but before he can even finish his sentence, Jiyong already took the seat right next to me. All of us looked at him surprised at his sudden move.

 

 

"Uhm, I guess you can," Bom answered as he stared at Jiyong shocked. Well, all of us are.

 

 

They all get themselves some food on the counter, except Jiyong who remained on his seat, his arms crossed above his chest while his back leaning casually on the chair. I don't spare him another glance and my body remained stiff as a log as I eat uncomfortably beside him.

 

 

"Here you go Hyung. I bought you your food." Seungri placed a plate full of different food to choose from. "They're all your favorites. Plus, I bought many so you can share it with Noona. Look. She's eating less and her food is not even healthy." Seungri commented and I can't help but glare at him.

 

 

"It's alright Seungri, I'm not that hungry that's why I..."

 

 

Without a word, Jiyong immediately took his chopsticks and scooped a good amount of food from his plate and place it on mine. Everyone was looking at him shocked except Seungri whose grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

"Jiyong..."

 

 

"Shhh... You should eat more. You're getting thinner from the last time I saw you." He whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear before staring into my eyes. I can feel my cheeks already burning because of what he said.

 

 

"Eheemmm..." Both of us looked at Bom when we heard her cleared . That's the only time Jiyong slightly pulled away and started eating his food as well. I looked at the others and they have different expressions on their faces I couldn't comprehend. "So, what are you guys really doing here?" Bom breaks the silence after a while. Knowing her, she won't let any of her questions left unanswered.

 

 

I saw Daesung swallowed his food first before answering. "We're working here as interns Noona."

 

 

"But why?" I abruptly asked but instantly held myself back when I suddenly realized what I just said. "I mean, why here? There are lots of big companies to choose from, why choose SGOC?"

 

 

"Well, Jiyong Hyung wants...Ouch!" Daesung suddenly elbowed Seungri when he was about to say something but then realized it and immediately regained his composure. "What I mean to say is, we can't apply to other known companies because almost all of them have connections to ours. SGOC is the safest choice." He explained but that made our brows furrowed, still unconvinced.

 

 

"He's right. According to my resources, this is one of the companies that can stand alone. They don't need other companies for them to survive even being faced with a crisis what so ever." Youngbae seconded looking impressed.

 

 

"Wow. They're that stable? That information didn't reach my radar." Bom said as she continued eating. Bom continued to ask them, or more like interrogate them with what and how they were able to enter the company. Apparently, they were the second batch of interviewees and were able to pass the exams after that just like us. Each of them was assigned to different directors and officers as assistants. "Nice. So, you guys are executive's juniors huh?" They just nodded in response.

 

 

We finished our lunch and started to head back to our respective offices. I waved goodbye to them and started with my pace when I heard someone call me. I looked back and saw Jiyong standing alone, his friends already left. "What is it?"

 

 

"Can I walk you to your office?" He asked as he stared at my eyes.

 

 

I admit that I'm feeling the butterflies in my stomach again, the same feeling I've felt when he confessed to me but I must not give in this time. Not again. "I'm ok Jiyong. It's not that far anyway and you'll be late. Your supervisor might give you a bad grade for that."

 

 

"I don't care about that and you know it." He instantly answered but I just shook my head to disagree.

 

 

"I gotta go Jiyong. Good Luck and do great." I finally said before turning around and walked away. I'm sorry Jiyong, I don't want to do this but I have to.

 

 

——————

 

 

I'm on my way towards what they call the printing room where all the printers, copiers, scanners and other equipment are located while clutching on to a pile of documents my supervisor wants me to photocopy. Like what I told Bom, I still don't know what knowledge I can gain by doing these kinds of stuff for him.

 

 

I opened the door and looked for the copying machine that I will use. Once I stepped inside, my face became a total replica of my expression this morning when I saw their doorbell and finger scanner. Everything I see screams high tech and even if I'm not that familiar with machines such as these, you'll know that they're top of the line.

 

 

I moved closer to what seems to be a huge photocopier, about four feet in height, but upon seeing the buttons that I have to push for me to operate it, I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my head. I'm not kidding, there's too many and a monitor that looks like a tablet was attached to it. I touch the screen and it responded to my touch. I think my brain is going to melt here anytime soon.

 

 

"It's called a touchscreen."

 

 

I heard someone spoke behind me and that made me jump on my spot. I turned around and saw the person I've been trying to avoid lately. "Jiyong." I hissed as I glared at him. "I know what a touchscreen looks like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter