The Meeting

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

My days working as an intern has been nothing but an up and down roller coaster ride. My supervisor became more considerate of me as the day passes and thankfully sharing his knowledge once in a while about how to market products effectively. He said that I should listen to him attentively if I want to be successful in my chosen field just like him. Yup, you still can't take away the arrogance crawling on every inch of his body. Kind of reminds me of someone.

 

 

"See that? That's the main reason why this company never leaves the top." He bragged while showing me his laptop containing his works for the presentation later this afternoon.

 

 

"Yup, that looks good." I praised him as I stared at the monitor.

 

 

"Good? You mean great right? Your impossible Dara. You're my assistant for several days already and you still don't see how talented your supervisor can be." He said as he shook his head. He stared at a distance for who knows how long before he abruptly yelled as if a brilliant idea suddenly popped inside his head. "I know! Why don't you come with me later at the meeting.”?

 

 

"What? Why?" I asked feeling nervous all of a sudden.

 

 

"So, you can see how I do my job." He winks at me as he did several poses looking like an idiot. I can't believe he can be like this considering he was a total snob the first time I met him. "Plus, you can learn some of my techniques on how to persuade a client most especially the bosses."

 

 

"Which client are you having a meeting with anyway?"

 

 

"Not clients, it’s the directors and some of them are officers of this company. They want me to present some of the projects we've been working on for months now. They want to see if we already made progress for them to decide if they are willing to put their money in it." He explained as he sat on his swivel chair and played with his Rubik’s cube. "Those directors can be so annoying sometimes. They're so hard to please."

 

 

Then curiosity gets the best of me. "When you say officers, you mean owners of this company right?" I asked as I remembered Bom's ultimate goal in applying here.

 

 

"Yeah. Why?" he asked shifting his gaze to me.

 

 

"Nothing," I answered nonchalantly. He squinted his eyes at me, not believing what I said.

 

 

"You're totally coming later." He said with finality as he checked his laptop one last time, ignoring me once again. So... I’ll finally see them later. Bom will definitely flip out once she knew about this.

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

3RD PERSON'S POV

 

 

"You have a flight to Japan to meet with Mr. Takahashi regarding the first project with them this Friday. The following week will be in China with Mr. Cheng to complete the contract signing." Yuri reminded her boss about her schedules but she noticed that she's not paying attention for she's busy rummaging her bag and her drawers. "Ma'am? Are you ok? Did you lose something?"

 

 

"Did you see my handkerchief somewhere?" She asked, not bothering to look at her. "I've been looking for it for days now."

 

 

"The white one?" Yuri asked as she stared at her and started helping her look for it too.

 

 

"Yes, you've seen it right?"

 

 

"Of course. I remembered you've been using it ever since I was a kid. I thought it was your favorite thing in the world." She said as she remembered back in the days when her boss used to visit her aunt.

 

 

"It is. It's the only thing left..." She was about to say something but immediately cut herself off before she could say another word. She heaved a deep sigh before going back to her seat. "What were you saying again?"

 

 

Yuri looked at her boss worriedly before repeating what she had said before. "...And don't forget your meeting this afternoon with the directors at 3 PM." She said and her boss just nods, still looking dazed.

 

 

"Is that all?"

 

 

"Uhmm...Mr. Shin called this morning and he wants a return call from you Ma'am." Yuri informed her and that totally alarmed her. She suddenly forgot what she's doing.

 

 

"Ok. Thank you, Yuri. You can leave now." And with that, her secretary bowed her head and went out of the door.

 

 

When the door closed, Yejin immediately fished her phone inside her bag and dialed her father's number. Though she doesn't know what he wants yet, her hands are already shaking. "Yeoboseyo?"

 

 

"Yejin dear. I thought you forgot about me already." The voice on the other line greeted. It's too obvious that he's taunting her with the kind of tone he's using.

 

 

She composed herself, not letting her father intimidate her. "What do you want?"

 

 

"What's with the attitude young lady? Aren't you even going to ask how I've been? How your mother is doing?"

 

 

"We're not that kind of family so get to the point." She said, her voice laced with anger.

 

 

"Aigoo. What's wrong with you dear? You speak as if we've done a very bad job as a parent to you." He said and she heard him heaved a deep sigh. "If you think that way, fine. But you know we can still make it up if not for you, then for our granddaughter. Just agree to what we are offering you and everything will be fine."

 

 

Yejin's grip on her phone tightened upon hearing her father say that. Her blood boils upon mentioning her daughter again. "Stay away from my daughter Appa! You're not going to repeat to her what you have done to me. I'm not letting you!"

 

 

"You ingrate woman! You talked as if we ruined your life! If it's not for our decision, you won't have all the things you're enjoying right now. You won't be as successful as you are now!" Her father yelled at her and she can already feel the rage coming out of him though he can't see his face. "Don't be stubborn Yejin. Give her to us and you don't have to worry about reaching her dreams. Her future will be secured."

 

 

"No! I'm not going to let you!" She said and abruptly hung up. A tear suddenly escaped her eye which she immediately wiped away. "I'm not going to let you ruin her. I'll protect her if it’s the last thing I'll do."

 

 

-----------------

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

I'm walking in the hallway to find the vending machine my supervisor wants me to buy a soda from. Yup. He's back from being the bossy that he really is. I turned in the corner and finally found what I was looking for. Damn it's too big. It's almost twice my size and oh my gosh, there's so many snacks and drinks to choose from. I kept pointing at them and still not contented, I even leaned on the glass to see them clearly. Omo! Omo! Omo!

 

 

"Your eyes are bulging out again."

 

 

I don't have to look anymore because I already know who that voice belongs to. "Shut up and mind your own business, will you?" I retorted. Not bothering to look back. Ever since that printer incident, wherever I go, he never fails to pop out of nowhere like a mushroom. Like during breaks, he'll always sit next to me at the cafeteria and prepares my food which others find amusing. He said I should eat healthy because I'm becoming thinner each day. After that, he will offer to walk me to my office even if I declined a million times. He said I might trip or I'll get lost on my way back since I'm new here and I don't know my way around. And the worst excuse he could think of was I might bump into an insane person lurking around the building, though I have a hunch who he might be referring to, then he'll be there to protect me. Like what? If there's a person going out of his mind here right now, that would be him.

 

 

I heard him chuckled before I noticed a bill being inserted at the money slot. I looked up and found Jiyong pressing three numbers simultaneously. My eyes immediately darted b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter