False Hopes

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

Donghae had finally calmed down and we were just hanging out on the balcony when my phone began to ring. I immediately fished it out of my bag and gasped when I saw who was calling me.

 

 

"Appa?! Where are you? I've been trying to contact you since I arrived."

 

 

"I'm sorry dear. I... was busy. Where are you?" He asked but there's something in his voice that sounded alarmed.

 

 

"I'm just here at the balcony. Is something wrong?"

 

 

"Ahh... no. Nothing's wrong. But we need to go now. Gather your stuff and we're leaving." He said. Now he sounded in a rush.

 

 

I can feel Donghae staring at me while I talk to Appa but when I looked up to him, he immediately shifted his gaze somewhere else but me. "Why Appa? Did something happen?" I asked again as I returned my focus back to Appa.

 

 

"I said No! Stop asking questions, Dara. Just follow what I told you to do." He told me in a high tone that I was taken aback with his sudden outburst. I think he realized it too when I heard him sighed heavily in the background. "I... I’m sorry. I was just..."

 

 

"Appa, it's ok. I already got my stuff with me. I'm ready to go." I answered and waited for his next instruction.

 

 

"Ok. Wait for me in the lobby. I'll just go talk to my men to take over for me." And with that, he hung up. I'm beginning to worry about him. This is like the last time he called me when I was at school. When he said that I might be in danger and that someone will come for me but who could that be? Did Appa gain enemies because of his work?

 

 

"Dara, is everything ok?"

 

 

I heard someone spoke and surprised to see Donghae standing beside me. Gosh, I already forgot that I'm still with him. "Actually, I don't know but I'm about to find out."

 

 

He nodded his head as he stared blankly somewhere again. "Is that your Appa?"

 

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

 

He looked at me again and if I'm not mistaken, I think I saw him squinted his eyes as he nods his head slowly before turning to face me again. "Nothing. I'm just happy you finally got to talk to him." He smiled and suddenly checked his watch. "Oh, Dara...I just remembered. I need to go check on something, do you mind if I go for a while?"

 

 

"No, not at all. I'm about to leave as well." I told him as I returned my phone back inside my bag. "I'm just gonna wait for Appa at the lobby."

 

 

"Are you going to be ok there?" He asked and stared at me warily.

 

 

I chuckled at him when I looked at his serious face. "You sounded like Appa. You guys worry too much. I'm a big girl now in case you didn't notice." I tapped his shoulder to show that it's ok and when I saw that he's about to protest, I immediately cut him off. "You're going to check on something right? Now go before I think that you're just escaping me or something."

 

 

He laughed before nodding his head. "I'll see you in school Dara. Don't be a stranger alright?"

 

 

I nodded my head at him as a response, he's now wearing a serious face again. He pinched my cheek lightly before turning around to leave. I watched his back disappeared but there's something about his expressions I can't help but feel uneasy. I shrugged it off and headed towards the other direction leading towards the lobby to wait for Appa. I was busy thinking of what could have happened to him when I accidentally bumped into someone. The collision caused her to drop her bag on the floor. "I'm sorry Ma'am, I didn't see you coming." I apologized and helped her gather her stuff.

 

 

I extended my hand to return her bag and she reluctantly accepted it. She's wearing a big hat that covers almost her entire face I barely can see it.

 

 

"Thank you." She said as she hangs it on her shoulder. She's wearing a long red dress that hugs her body perfectly.

 

 

I tilted my head sideways to take a peek at her face but she did the same and used the hat to cover it more. "Uhmm, you're welcome and I'm sorry again," I said. I saw her nod her head and took a step forward to leave but halted when she's only inches away beside me.

 

 

"You look lovely tonight baby girl..." I heard her say in a very low voice, it's almost like a whisper.

 

 

My eyes widen in shock and I was about to answer back but she immediately strode away, leaving me dumbfounded on my spot. Did I hear her right? Did she just call me...Nah. I must've heard her wrong.

 

 

-----------------

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

"The final submission of your application will be next week. I hope all of you were able to choose what company to take your internship from. This will take part in your finals this school year. Understood?" Our class professor reminded us of our internship. Since it'll form part of our grade and will have a great impact on whether we'll graduate or not, everyone has been preparing and scouting different companies to apply. Good thing me and Bom already finalized everything and ready to go. In fact, I already listed our names under our chosen company posted in the lobby for application and initial interview.

 

 

"Yes, Mr. Song." Everyone answered in unison.

 

 

"Good, now class dismissed."

 

 

The bell immediately rang the moment he ended the class as all of us started fixing our stuff for lunch break. I gathered my things inside my bag and picked up my application form on top of my table. I read the form to check if I still have lacking requirements while walking outside our room. I was still busy reading and about to turn left to head towards the cafeteria when a familiar voice slashed through my senses and called my name.

 

 

"Dara..."

 

 

I turned my head to check who it was and my heart instantly pounded inside my chest when I saw the owner of the voice. I hate what he does to me that even his mere presence causes havoc in my entire body.

 

 

"Jiyong..." I replied nonchalantly, pretending to act cool in front of him though I know that it's not what's currently happening deep inside me.

 

 

He walked towards me and scratched the back of his head before opening his mouth to say something. "Are you... Uhm...Are you hungry? Do you want to eat lunch...with me?" He reluctantly asked, his eyes not focused. I can see sweat forming at the side of his face looking so nervous.

 

 

I can't believe I'm seeing this. Is this the real Jiyong I know? What happened to the other one who did nothing but bullies and pesters me around? If only I didn't know what's the real score between him and Kiko, I would've fallen for these new antics of him he's currently displaying. What does he think of me? Stupid?!

 

 

I gathered all my strength and called all the saints to give me the courage and contain my anger building inside me. Thankfully, I was able to retain my stoic facade in front of this idiot. "Oh, really?" I answered, and that's the only time he fixed his hopeful eyes on me as he waited for my response. "Well, that was unexpected." I raised my left brow as I tucked the form I was holding inside my folder before facing him again. "Unfortunately, I already have a company but thanks for the invitation though. Gotta go, Bye!" I said and immediately turned my back at him and left. A tinge of pain pinched my heart the moment I stepped away from him. I didn't dare look back because I don't want to see his reaction. I can feel my eyes welled up but I stopped it for I don't want to cry anymore. But why do I still feel that I need to go back and talk to him? Why do I have this urge of telling him what I feel? I heaved a deep sigh to calm myself and before I could change my mind, I sprinted towards the nearest corner to hide. It's the one thing I'm good at, to hide not just physically but my emotions as well.

 

 

-----------------

 

BOM'S POV

 

 

I'm already seated here at the cafeteria waiting for Dara to come. I'm so excited to know what happened at the party. I know it went well, what with the dress I made, I'm sure all the guys there dropped their jaws open the moment they saw her. What more for Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter