The Newcomer

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I looked like a ghost in horror movies because of my face and body all covered with white powder. That jerk! He won't stop until my last hair falls off because of too much stress. He's lucky I can't fight him back. Aisht!

 

 

I continued to dust myself off in front of the mirror inside the restroom when I heard some giggling from the students coming in. They looked at me from head to toe and then laughed while pointing at me. "What?!?" I snarled at them and they immediately scampered away. Tsk! This is all Jiyong's fault. One day he's gonna get it and when that time comes I’ll be the first one to laugh. Huh!

 

 

I heard the bell rang and immediately washed my face before my professor scold me again for being late.

 

 

Upon reaching my room, all my classmates stared at me like I’m some kind of a freak show. All they need to do is throw some coins at me and this room will look like a circus at my expense. I stared right back at them and glared dangerously which I think they got the idea that I’m gonna kill anyone who will cross me. They all went back to what they were doing and just waited for our professor to arrive. Good! At least I don't have to commit a crime today.

 

 

"Good Morning class." Mr. Song greeted us the moment he stepped inside the room.

 

 

"Good Morning Mr. Song." We all greeted him back in unison.

 

 

"Before we begin the class, I want to introduce to you your new classmate for this subject." He announced. Everyone whispered to each other, curious as to who our new classmate will be. I heard the boys cheered and hoped for a girl classmate while the girls hoped for a guy. What is this? Is Mr. Song giving birth to a baby? Geez!!

 

 

"Everyone! Quiet!" Mr. Song reprimanded my stupid classmates as he shook his head. I really don't care who that is or what gender he or she might be. All I care about is how to take the white powder off my shirt. Tsk!

 

 

I was still busy dusting myself off when I noticed that my background suddenly became quiet. I looked up and saw that the newcomer already went inside our room making my classmates stupefied, particularly the girls.

 

 

"Introduce yourself, Mr. Lee." Mr. Song said and gestured him to stand in the middle and talk.

 

 

"Good Morning. I'm Lee Donghae. I came back from the US to continue my studies here. Please, take care of me." He said and bowed at us. The girls squealed in delight while some of the boys scowled looking disappointed.

 

 

I got startled when he suddenly shifted his gaze to me after bowing his head. Wait a second, I know him. Omo! He's the guy from the mall who dropped his wallet!

 

 

"That's enough Mr. Lee. You may now take your seat." I heard Mr. Song said. The guy bowed to him and walked towards my direction. I looked at my back and saw that there are no available seats in the row I’m at. Why is he still coming this way? He stopped in front of me and smiled. I looked at him, bewildered.

 

 

"Uhm...yes?" I asked and his smile got even wider.

 

 

"Can I sit beside you?" He asked. Wait can't he see that there's someone already sitting beside me?

 

 

"I don't think you ca..." I wasn't able to finish talking when the guy sitting next to me packed his stuff and went at the back to take a seat.

 

 

"So... can I?" He asked again. I just nodded in response as he took the seat right next to me. He smiled at me again before focusing his attention to Mr. Song who just started his lecture.

 

 

I can't concentrate on what Mr. Song is currently discussing because of this guy. I mean he's not looking at me nor his eyes can pass through me since I am sitting on the far-left corner of the room beside the window but there's something about him that I can't help but wonder. First, why did he opt to sit next to me? I mean, there are still a lot of vacant seats in the room, why did he choose to sit beside me? Second, why does he look familiar, like I’ve already seen him before? He said he came all the way from the US so it’s impossible for me to know him, right? It’s just so weird.

 

 

The three-hour lecture finally ended as my brain almost came close to being fried. The bell rang and I immediately packed my stuff to go and meet Bom for lunch. I was about to stand up and head towards the door when the guy named Lee Donghae suddenly approached me.

 

 

"Hey, can I come with you?" He asked. I looked over his shoulder and saw my girl classmates giving me their death glares.

 

 

"Uhm...I don't know... I..."

 

 

"Please? It's my first day and I don't know anyone here." He said pleadingly. How can I say no to this man giving me a cute puppy eyes stare? Wait, did I say cute?

 

 

"Uhm...ok. But my best friend is with me so..."

 

 

"That's alright. Let's go?" He eagerly asked and lead the way out of the room.

 

 

We went straight to the cafeteria and saw Bom waiving her hand at me. I went to her table with him following behind.

 

 

"Dara, who's he?" Bom immediately asked when he saw someone standing behind me.

 

 

"He's Lee Donghae, our new classmate from Mr. Song's class. He doesn't know anyone around so he asked me if he can join us." I said and Bom nod in understanding.

 

 

"I'm Bom by the way, I’m Dara's best friend. Nice to meet you Donghae-sshi." Bom politely said as she stretched her arms for a handshake which he gladly accepted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter