Confusion

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

This is the second day of our field trip and we've gone already to various destinations included on the list such as temples, other museums and such. We are now currently having our lunch here at one of their famous parks in Busan.

 

 

"Arrgg!! My brain was so close to being fried because of too much information! I mean, how many temples and museums do he have to visit to know their history huh? How many?!?" I heard Bom complained as she massaged her temple feigning a headache.

 

 

"At least you enjoyed every second of it. In fact, I don't see you complain when Top is around." I which she returned with a glare.

 

 

"Shut up Dara. He might hear us." She shushed me before looking around to check if there were any signs of Top. After eating our lunch, Top saw an ice cream vendor walking around the park. It took us by surprise when he abruptly stood up and ran after that poor Ahjussi as if his is on fire.

 

 

"I didn't know Top loves ice cream." I said and both of us laughed. We are both looking at Top in a distance when I suddenly heard Bom uttered something.

 

 

"I haven't told him yet." She said as I glanced at her sideways. "I... don't know how. I just...I can't bring that up now that we're doing fine. I'm scared of what he'll say." She said not getting his eyes off of him.

 

 

"It's ok Bom. Don't pressure yourself too much. Time will come when both of you will be ready." I said as I gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

"I got vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry." Top said as he showed us various ice creams he bought in front of us.

 

 

"I want strawberry!" Bom screamed and raised her hand playfully.

 

 

"Vanilla please!" I said and took the vanilla ice cream from his hand.

 

 

"Ok, chocolate for me then." Top said as he took a seat next to Bom. The three of us were busily chatting when Jiyong and the rest of s caught our attention. They were playing frisbee while waiting for our call time.

 

 

"Why does Jiyong act so cold towards others?" I heard Bom blurted out of the blue.

 

 

"Well, maybe it's his form of self-defense. He built his own wall to protect himself." Top answered but I just remained quiet, listening attentively.

 

 

"But why? Did someone hurt him before?" Bom dropped his next question which Top hesitantly answered.

 

 

"Hmm... physically... No. But emotionally... maybe." He simply said without further explanation. Bom, being sensitive enough to know that he doesn't want to elaborate further, stopped her questioning. I know what Top was talking about. I've seen it with my own eyes before. The way he tried to build a strong wall so no one can try and break through it. Even when we first met, I've already seen it.

 

 

I looked at him in a distance, at the same time when he stopped and glanced at our direction. I'm not sure if we were the ones he's staring at but the way he looked tells something I can't comprehend.

 

 

The organizers finally called us to gather round for our next destination which is one of the famous beaches here in Busan. Its the most awaited event after having to endure the boring parts of this trip. Using the same buses to transport us there, we reached the place for about half an hour. After explaining to us the do's and dont's, all the students immediately dispersed and scattered themselves all over the seashore.

 

 

"Where's your bag?" I heard Bom asked me from behind. She's having a hard time fixing her hair because of the strong wind from the beach.

 

 

"I left it back in the hotel," I answered nonchalantly as I helped her with her bag.

 

 

"What?! Why didn't you bring it here? You know we're going swimming today!" She said hysterically earning some of the student's attention.

 

 

"I don't have plans to go swimming anyway. I'll just watch you guys." I shrugged my shoulders and grinned at her although I know she's already reaching her boiling point.

 

 

"What do you mean you don't have a plan?"

 

 

"I just don't want to. Not in a mood." I told her. It's actually half true. I have another reason why but am not gonna tell her. I want her to enjoy, not implicate her with my life drama.

 

 

"But Dara...." she grabbed my wrist as she looked at me with pleading eyes.

 

 

"Bom Unnie! Dara Unnie! What are you waiting for? Let's go for a dip!" Chaerin called us from a distance surprisingly calling us Unnies. She went to us together with Minzy.

 

 

"Oopps. Sorry. Can I call you Unnies?" She said after covering with her hand.

 

 

"Of course," Bom said after giving her a warm smile. "But we have a little problem here."

 

 

"What kind?"

 

 

"Well, Dara said she doesn't want to swim." Bom squinted her eyes at me as she planted her hands on her hips. Here goes the mother hen.

 

 

Chaerin looked at me confusingly. "What? But why?"

 

 

"I'm just not in the mood right now," I told them. I hate swimming in the beaches. It reminds me of her when I was a kid and I don't want to remember those moments again, ever. "And besides, I don't have my swimsuit with me." I gave my excuse which unfortunately no one bought. I looked at Bom pleadingly and thank heavens she realized what I wanted to say and finally let me off the hook.

 

 

"Fine. But just stay near us where we can see you ok?" Bom said in a reprimanding tone like a mother hen that she is.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter