Hints

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

He hugged me. I can't believe he hugged me so tight I almost choked. It's almost like he needed someone to comfort him and I did. He still wouldn't tell me why but his eyes expressed it all.

 

 

After the incident at the bar, he let me accompany him and we've been driving along the streets for almost an hour. I don't even know where we're heading. I'm sitting on the passenger seat and tried to restrain myself from asking too many questions he won't even answer. My eyes landed on his right hand, now all swollen because of what he did at the parking lot.

 

 

"Jiyong, we need to go to the hospital, your hand is still bleeding. You might...."

 

 

"I'm fine." He cut me off, his eyes not leaving the road.

 

 

"But..."

 

 

"We're here." He suddenly said that made me stop bugging him. I looked around and saw that we are currently parked at the high spot overlooking the city. Jiyong opened his door and I followed as he stood in front of the car.

 

 

"Wow, the view is amazing." I smiled as I marveled at the full view of Seoul sparkling with the city lights coming from the buildings and the streets. I didn't know there's a place like this here. "How did you know about this place?" I asked but no one answered for he's no longer standing beside me. I looked behind and saw him sitting on top of the hood of his car, trying to cover his hand with his hanky. I immediately walked over to him and helped him tie it around his hand, which he surprisingly let me.

 

 

"Thanks." He whispered and my eyes widen in shock upon hearing him say that. This is the first time I heard him thank me. I looked at him but he suddenly flicked my forehead. "Stop looking at me like that, idiot." He said as he shook his head.

 

 

Pouting, I sat beside him while nursing my forehead. I shifted my gaze back to the beautiful view in front of me for a good minute when he suddenly broke the silence.

 

 

"This is my hiding place. Don't you dare tell anyone or else..."

 

 

"I know, I know...Or else I’m dead right? Geez Jiyong, you're becoming predictable now." I cut him off as I rolled my eyes at him.

 

 

"Really? Then how come you haven't figured it out yet?" He asked, smirking at me.

 

 

Confused, I stared at him with questioning eyes as he broke his stare at the view to look at me. "Figured what out?"

 

 

His stares deepened as I lost myself from his intense gaze. I thought it was never gonna end until he suddenly smirked and returned his gaze back into the view. "Tsk. Stupid." He whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

"Hey. I told you not to call me that. I'm not stupid!"

 

 

"Then what are you?" He countered but I can't think of anything else to say. Instead, I bowed my head and fidget with my hands.

 

 

"You're always bullying me," I whispered.

 

 

I heard a deep sigh coming from him before answering. "Fine. I'm sorry." He said. D-did I just hear him right? Did he just apologize to me? My head abruptly bolted up to meet his eyes and stared at him with eyes as wide as a saucer. But just like earlier, he flicked my forehead again, harder this time.

 

 

"Ouch! Why do you always do that?!" I whined while rubbing my aching forehead.

 

 

"I told you not to look at me like that!"

 

 

"Well, sorry. I'm not used to these sudden changes from you!" I countered. He's beginning to become a monster again.

 

 

"I didn't change."

 

 

"Yes, you did. First, you thank me. Then you said sorry and I heard you called my name when we were at the bar." I enumerated the things that he, never ever in his existence, did to me. And I’ll be a hypocrite if I tell him that I don't like these attitudes he's displaying. It’s actually way better than the cold Jiyong he's always been from the moment I met him.

 

 

He became silent again and stared at the city while wearing his stoic face. That reminds me… "Uhmm...Jiyong?"

 

 

"Hmm?" he answered without looking at me.

 

 

"I... I want..." Argghh... Why is it so hard to tell him?

 

 

"You want what?" he finally glanced at my direction as he furrowed his brows, waiting for me to continue.

 

 

I sighed and meet his gaze. "I want to apologize for what I said the other day. I learned from Appa that you..."

 

 

"Don't mention it." he cut me off and stared into the distance to ignore me.

 

 

"But Jiyong, it was my..."

 

 

"I said don't mention it!" He shouted and that startled me. He glared at me but his eyes became soft when he saw me got scared at his sudden outburst. "I'm sorry." He apologized and abruptly stood up. I don’t know what came over me but when I saw that he was about to head back inside the car, I suddenly dashed towards him and grabbed his arm to stop him. Fortunately, he did but did not bother to look back.

 

 

"Jiyong, I’m sorry ok?"

 

 

"What are you sorry for? Do I look pitiful to you?" He spat as he began to take another step. I tried to stop him again but he was just dragging me along with him. I had no other choice and thought of another way to make him stop, I hugged him from behind and that obviously worked.

 

 

"I don't pity you," I said as I leaned my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter