Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

Tonight is Mrs. Kwon's birthday celebration. I'm kind of nervous actually. Bom told me that she's already on the finishing touches of what she called her 'masterpiece'. The moment she called me this morning, I can tell that she's really excited and I don't know if I should be worried because of what happened yesterday.

 

 

Anyway, another thing that kept me thinking not just this morning but since the other night is that, I will be seeing them again later. The people I tried so hard to avoid will be displaying themselves tonight. I don't even know how will I react once I saw them especially now that I can't seem to control myself whenever he's around. It's like, I'm extra cautious with my actions. Everything becomes super magnified and slow motion and I don't have any idea when it all started.

 

 

Since we were kids, I always see Jiyong as a jerk. Sometimes a menace for bullying me and always uttering threats to my life. But come to think of it, I can't remember any instance that he did put my life in danger rather he saves me from it instead. Like one time when we were in middle school, he was caught up in a fight with our classmate because the latter took the ragged doll that I brought to school for show and tell. He stole it from my bag and ran away causing me to go after him. We reached the school field and I almost caught him when Jiyong suddenly materialized out of nowhere and stopped him from running. He lunged at him causing him to stumble and fall onto the grass before straddling him so he can't escape. I gasped and my palms instantly flew to my mouth to stop myself from screaming. I heard Jiyong mumble some words which I failed to hear that made our classmate's eyes widen in fear. He responded by nodding his head repeatedly as Jiyong snatched the doll from his grasp. Jiyong stood up and that gave our classmate the chance to stand up as well and scamper away. It was really a sight. I saw him examined my doll for a few seconds before turning around to face me. He stared at me then to the doll before tossing it to me. I caught it with both of my hands and immediately hugged it. I was about to thank him for helping me get it back but when I shifted my gaze to him, he already spanned around and walked away. I can only watch his retreating back as he finally fades away from my sight. That was only one of those days that he helped me which sometimes I've taken for granted for he will replace it with another of his bullying acts. I sighed as I remembered everything he did to me and he has done for me. Contradicting but he already showed his soft and thoughtful side which I failed to see.

 

 

My thoughts came to a halt when I heard my phone ring. I saw Appa's name on the screen and immediately pushed the answer button. "Appa?"

 

 

"Hey, baby girl. I called to inform you that Mr. Kwon asked me to take care of something before the event later. I'm worried I might not be able to pick you up so we can go together" he said, his voice laced with worry.

 

 

"Oh, is that so?"

 

 

"Yes, unless you want to come with me now. Just bring your dress and you can change at the venue." He suggested but I remembered that I still have to get my dress from Bom.

 

 

"That's ok Appa. Don't worry about me. You can go ahead and I'll just meet you there." I nervously said and hope that he'll let it go. I don't want him to know about my dilemma about the dress.

 

 

"...but how will you get there without a ride?"

 

 

"I can manage appa. I'm not your daughter if I can't." I said proudly as I chuckled at him though how will I do it is still a mystery.

 

 

"Are you sure? Because I can drop by now and...."

 

 

"No, no, no... you said we should never make the Kwon's wait right? If you do that, you'll be late for later and we don't want that." I said and laughed awkwardly. I just hope Appa doesn't find my action weird.

 

 

"Fine. Just message me later if you're already at the venue or if something comes up." He said.

 

 

"Ok. I will Appa. See you later. Bye."

 

 

I heaved a sigh of relief after we hung up. I looked at the clock and it says 3 pm and the program will start at around 7 pm. I have to hurry if I don't want to be late as well.

 

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

"I'm gonna do your hair and makeup." Bom declared.

 

 

I just arrived at her shop and I saw her busy fixing the stuff here. I should actually congratulate her for a job well done. Her shop looks amazing.

 

 

"I just need a dress Bommie. I don't need my face fixed as well." I declined and sat at one of the stools near the counters.

 

 

"I know because you're already pretty like me but It's a party, Dara. Everyone will look nice in there." She giggled.

 

 

"This is not like the pageant that I have to look glamorous in front of people."

 

 

"Yeah, but you have to be if you don't want Kiko to look overly nicer than you." She said and crossed her arms above her chest as she stared me

down. I stilled upon mentioning her name. My insides started to take some somersaults and that makes me feel queasy. I frowned and looked down at my fingers. Why does it feel that I'm joining some kind of competition here?

"Hey, don't worry ok? I told you I'll be your Fairy God Mother today, right?" She assured me while crouching down to meet my eye level as she pats my shoulder.

 

 

"You mean Fairy Bom mother?" I said and both of us chuckled at that.

 

 

She ushered me at the back room where she said the magic will happen and I don't know what came over me that I just followed her and go with the flow.

 

 

We stepped inside and darkness instantly welcomed us. "Uhmm, Bom. It’s too dark in here. Can you open the lights please?"

 

 

"Wait! Just stand there and wait for my signal my CinDaralla." She said and laughed at her made-up name for me while rummaging something around the room which I can barely see.

 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

 

"Aha! Ok, turn around first. Palli!" She said and I obliged before she goes all Bominator on me.

 

 

She turned the lights on as I squinted my eyes to prevent it from hurting. I waited for her to give the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter