Lunch Time(s)

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAERIN'S POV

 

 

I was walking gingerly towards our school gate to have lunch alone since I can't find Minzy when I noticed a very familiar figure standing outside while leaning against his car. I immediately turned around when I recognized who it was but it was too late for he already saw my retreating back.

 

 

"CL!!!"

 

 

I walked faster but unfortunately, he was able to reach me before I can get inside our school building. Damn it!

 

 

"What are you doing here Seungrat?!" I yelled at him and he was taken aback with my sudden outburst.

 

 

"I just want to ask you if you want to join me for lunch." he scratched the back of his head as he looked at me.

 

 

"Why me? Why don't you invite your bandmates to have lunch with you?"

 

 

"They're busy, and... I really want to eat with you. Don't worry, it’s my treat." He added and plastered a wide grin on his face.

 

 

"What? Do you think I don't have money to buy my own food?!" I yelled at him that earned the attention of the students passing by.

 

 

"No, no, no CL! That's not what I meant." He tried to explain as he shook both his hands to disagree.

 

 

"And how many times do I have to tell you, stop calling me CL?!"

 

 

"But it suits you." He simply said while pouting her lips. He looks like a kid whom you would always like to steal candy from. Aisht this guy!

 

 

I crossed my arms above my chest and contemplate whether I'll consider his invitation. I thought why not? I hate eating alone and since Minzy isn't here to join me, might as well come with this moron standing in front of me. "Fine! But this will be the first and last time I’ll ever have lunch with you, understand?" I said and shot him a glare.

 

 

"Ok." He simply answered and moved closer beside me. "Does that mean I can still have dinner with you?"

 

 

"No! You cannot!" I grudgingly answered and started my pace towards the gate, walking past him.

 

 

"How about breakfast?"

 

 

"No!"

 

 

"Snacks?"

 

 

"Shut up!" Arggg! He's so annoying!!!

 

 

---------------------

 

SEUNGRI'S POV

 

 

"Stop staring." CL reprimanded me for the nth time every time she caught me staring at her. How can I not stare? She's a beauty and even if she's fierce-looking, I like that kind of personality in a girl. It suits her.

 

 

"Sorry CL, I can't help..."

 

 

"And stop calling me CL. How many times do I have to tell you that? Aisht!" She cuts me off as she grudgingly recited yet another rule of hers. She hates that nickname I gave her and I’m the only one who calls her that. Unique right? But aside from the fact that it's her initials, it can also stand for my most favorite endearment in the world. Chaerin Love and that pisses her more every time I call her that. Hihihihi. She's really cute when she's angry.

 

 

"What on earth pulled you to invite me here? Are you sick up to your brain huh?" I heard her asked as I watched her eat her pasta. She would always point her fork at me every time she speaks. If I didn't know better, I would think that she wants to stab my eye out using it.

 

 

"I told you I want to eat lunch with you. Is that hard to believe?"

 

 

"Yes, because you're weird and anything that comes up from that head of yours is nothing but a joke."

 

 

"Hey, that hurts my feelings CL," I told him as I clutched my chest for added effect. "That's not true. Everything in here screams your name." I pressed my forefinger on my temple to show her what I meant.

 

 

She scrunched her nose and leaned his back on the chair feigning that she's disgusted with what I said. I chuckled at her reaction. She was about to answer back when her attention was caught by something at my back. I slightly twisted my body with the intention of knowing what caught her eyes when she abruptly held my hand to stop me. "Don't look."

 

 

"Why?" I asked as I returned to my previous position. "Who's in there?"

 

 

She smiled mischievously and propped both her arms on top of the table. She rested her chin on her palm as she gazed at whatever's behind my back. "Look what we have here." She whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

"What is it?" I asked but she just keeps giggling at her seat as she marveled at the sight. Since I'm a person who has little patience in my body, I am now itching to look back and see what amazed this girl in front of me. I didn't wait for her and abruptly turned my head to see what it was.

 

 

"Oh.My.God." were the only words that left my beautiful lips.

 

 

"I told you don't look back, idiot. They might see us." I heard CL, now at my back as I can't remove my eyes off the view. She was tapping my shoulder but I didn't budge.

 

 

My eyes were still glued at the sight when one of the ‘subjects’ looked my way. My eyes widen in shock as I abruptly turned around and faced CL

once again.

 

 

"Oh my God. I think they saw us, you moron." She hissed as she stared at her food facing the opposite direction to avoid eye contact.

 

 

"Sorry, I just can't help it," I told her and chuckled. I can already feel someone heading our way as I heard their mini footsteps.

 

 

"Sh*t! They're coming this way!" CL whisper shouted and I don't know why but I think the situation we're at is kinda funny.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter