Chapter 93: Failed Plan

KO One Re-Live

"Are you okay?"

Yu Yan turned around and deduced that Ya Se was standing there. He held out a carton of milk and handed it to her. She accepted it and nodded. As she pierced a hole through the carton with the straw, she sighed. Ya Se walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"Are you still worried about whether our plan will work?" he asked.
"I don't think it'll work at all," she admitted, placing the straw between her lips.
He pat her shoulder, "Our main priority will be to protect you," he told her, "Don't worry. Your father won't be able to take you back."
"It's a reckless and dangerous plan," she responded, "I don't care about what happens to me. My father won't be able to hurt me too much because he still needs me. But he doesn't need you and can kill you all without a second thought."
"If our plan goes well then you won't need to worry about that," Ya Se replied.

"Don't tell me you're not the least bit anxious about this?" she questioned.
"I am," Ya Se told her, "I'm probably more worried than you but that won't benefit us in any way. We just need to go headstrong and face all of this."
Yu Yan smirked, "I'm surprised you didn't steal Shakespeare's words this time."
"I do have a saying I could use," Ya Se replied with a grin, "Let me tell you."
"I don't want to hear it," Yu Yan told him but then scoffed when classical music already started to play, "But you're going to say it anyway, aren't you?"

"Shakespeare said: 'When you fear a foe, fear crushes your strength; and this weakness gives strength to your opponents.'" Ya Se announced, proudly.
Yu Yan rolled her eyes and handed him her empty milk carton. She stood up and ruffled his hair, "Get some sleep now, Ya Se Wang," she said and then walked off.

 


~*~*~
 


The next night Yu Yan waited outside Tian Xin's block, wearing a black hoodie and a mask over her face. Her hair was tucked into her hood and she wore black gloves over her hands. She took in a deep breath before setting her hands on a pipe that was positioned on the wall just above her head. She jumped and used all her strength to climb onto the wall and then used other things on the wall to climb up the side of the building.

After climbing up a few floors, she cursed, "Why does Ban Dao live on the tenth floor?" she grumbled as she tried to find somewhere to set her foot on. Once she reached her teacher's window, she smashed through the glass with her fist. She smirked when she heard Tian Xin scream out in surprise.

"Who are you?!" she cried, quickly picking up a chair to defend herself.
"I'll make this quick," Yu Yan spat coldly before putting out her hand, coating it with white yi neng.
Tian Xin gasped before running out of the room quickly, throwing down her furniture as she ran past. Yu Yan kissed her teeth at the new obstacle of fallen furniture in her way.

"What do you want from me?!" Tian Xin yelled as she hurried out of her front door and towards the staircase.
Yu Yan jumped over the furniture and used her super speed to get to the staircase before her, blocking her route to the exit of the building. "I want your yi neng," Yu Yan spat with a smirk.
Fear was plastered over the teacher's face, "I don't have yi neng!" she exclaimed, "My students may but I don't!"
"Shut it, old woman!" Yu Yan barked, before grabbing hold of the woman with her yi neng.

"Ah Guang!" Tian Xin screamed and suddenly Yu Yan was sent crashing into the wall.

Hong Guang, who came running up the stairs, was now glowing with his yi neng aura. "Jie! Run!" he cried and Tian Xin ran into the elevator and pressed the button to take her to the top floor. Meanwhile, Hong Guang and Yu Yan were exchanging blows. He knocked her to the floor and ripped off her mask. Panting, he stared at her in shock, "Yu Yan?!" he gasped.
She just smirked at him before pushing him off her. Using her echolocation, she worked out that the elevator was moving up. Without saying a word to her former classmate, Yu Yan shot up the stairs using her super speed.

Hong Guang clenched his teeth before sending out a telepathic message. "Ya Se! Xiao Yu! Ella! Selina! I need your help!"

Yu Yan chased Tian Xin up to the roof where they were now alone.

"Jiang Yu Yan?" Tian Xin spoke, "What are you doing? Why are you doing this?" she cried out.
"You wouldn't understand!" Yu Yan yelled at her, angrily. She then shot a beam of yi neng at her teacher and then began away her yi neng.

"Hold it right there!" A voice bellowed.

Selina and Ella appeared. Both girls shot out a laser trap using a device and the laser beams shot through Yu Yan, throwing her to the ground. Yu Yan screamed out in pain as she fell onto all fours under a cage of lasers.

"Please don't hurt her!" Tian Xin begged as her eyes became wet with fresh tears, "She's my student! Don't hurt her! We can talk it out! Please!"
Selina scoffed as she strutted towards Yu Yan with fire in her eyes, "I am afraid that will not be possible. She is a threat to all yi neng xing zhes and must be punished!" she barked.
Yu Yan hissed out in pain as a laser beam had torn through her lower leg and had caused it to bleed. She growled as she tried to stand up but ended up forced to the ground by the laser cage.

Hong Guang then jogged over to them, "You're here," he breathed, relieved.
"Take care of your sister whilst we take Jiang Yu Yan to Gou Gou Meng Zhu," Selina instructed and Hong Guang nodded.
"Let me go," Yu Yan growled as the two girls approached her.
"We gave you a chance, Jiang Yu Yan and then you blew it," Ella spat.
"Now you will get a taste of your own medicine and join those pathetic sisters of yours," Selina added as she lifted her hand to cast a teleportation spell.

"Stop!" Two voiced roared and on two opposite ends of the roof stood Xiao Yu and Yu Yan's father.

Hong Guang brows wrinkled as he looked over at the two males. Their voices really are similar, he thought, They really are alternate counterparts. But then his blood went cold, "What do we do?" he whispered as he helped his sister stand up.

"Ya Se, Lei Ke Si, now!" Xiao Yu declared. At that instant, Lei Ke Si and Ya Se both appeared on opposite ends of the roof and shot out their own laser traps towards Yu Yan's father, Wu Geng Lin. Their lasers were dark blue and travelled much faster than Selina's red ones. The trap immediately encased the man in a cage of blue lasers. "Stupid children," he muttered under his breath as an evil smirk curled onto his lips.

"Yu Yan!" Xiao Yu then exclaimed as he ran over to her. But then suddenly, his legs buckled and he fell face flat onto the floor and couldn't move.
"Xiao Yu, don't get any closer to him!" Ella cried out to him, "It's too dangerous!"
Wu Geng Lin sniggered before using his yi neng to break out of the laser cage. In a matter of seconds, he sent a spiral of dark yi neng heading towards Hong Guang and Tian Xin.

"Ban Dao! Hong Guang Ge!" Ya Se and Lei Ke Si yelled in worry as they tried to reach them as fast as they could. Suddenly, there was an explosion in front of Hong Guang. The students held their breath as Ya Se and Lei Ke Si could not make it in time to save them.

Once the explosion cleared, standing before Hong Guang and Tian Xin were Yun Han, holding out her whip, and Wu Xiong covered in their auras. "Hey, Ya Se Wang!" Yun Han barked, "If you wanted us involved in your plan then you should have waited for us!" she scolded with irritation clear on her face.
As soon as she said that, the rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban came out onto the roof, including Jin Bao San and his followers.

"Everyone's here..." Tian Xin whispered in amazement.
"What's everyone doing here?!" Hong Guang asked in shock.

"Hey Ugly Jiang, you're looking pretty pathetic there," Sha Jie commented earning a smirk from Yu Yan.
"Hey Xiao Yu! What are you doing in two different places?" Jin Bao San inquired.
Xiao Yu clenched his fists, unable to lift himself off the ground, "What?" he managed to say.

Wu Geng Lin laughed and then walked over to the King of Endurance.

"Don't go near him!" Ya Se shouted and instantly all the yi neng xing zhes present surrounded him, ready to attack.
Wu Geng Lin ignored them and picked up Xiao Yu, holding him up by the collar of his shirt. "Did you know we are alternates?" he asked Xiao Yu who could barely keep his eyes open at that moment.

"Don't hurt him..." Yu Yan cried out in a fading voice but her cry went ignored by her father.

"I have to applaud you, boy, you really are a king of endurance if you can stop yourself from being absorbed by me," he laughed, "You've always been a real pain, you know that?" he spat at him, "Because of you, my daughter went astray and messed up my flawless plan. I should just kill you right here and now so that there's only one of us in this dimension!" His face darkened.
"Wu Geng Lin, don't you dare touch him!" Ella barked as she pulled out her weapon.
"Yeah! No one gets away with touching our classmate!" Jin Bao San added.
Wu Geng Lin rolled his eyes before sending Jin Bao San rolling through the door and down the stairs by using a sphere of yi neng to knock him over. He snorted, "Too noisy," he muttered.

The older man then looked at the students of Zhong Ji Yi Ban that circled him, "If you dare move an inch, I won't hesitate to kill Ding Xiao Yu," he threatened before his free hand became engulfed in a dark purple light.

"Don't be impulsive anyone," Ya Se said through telepathy.

When no one moved and silence prevailed, Wu Geng Lin smirked.

"Let go of my student!"

He turned around to see Tian Xin standing up bravely. "Oh?"

"Take me instead!" she continued.

"Jie! What are you saying?!" Hong Guang exclaimed.
"If I have battle points then take them!" she yelled, "But let go of my student first!"

Immediately, Wu Geng Lin dropped Xiao Yu to the floor and walked over to her. "Alright, that is a pretty tempting deal," he replied, "That boy won't benefit me merely as much as you," he said.
"Take it!" Tian Xin urged him, "As long as my students are safe then I don't care what the price is!"
"Jie! Don't be so stupid!" Hong Guang cried, "I don't want to lose you!"
"Ban Dao, don't sacrifice yourself!" Lei Ke Si added as Ya Se rushed over to Xiao Yu.

"Shut up!" Wu Geng Lin bellowed, "She made her decision now be quiet!" He then lifted up his hand and then started away her battle points. As he did so, her battle index of a million appeared which surprised everyone there. They could only watch as the number got smaller and smaller before it hit 0.

"Leave our teacher alone!" Sha Jie shrieked before attacking Yu Yan's father. The rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban followed her lead and within seconds, several different coloured energy beams flew towards him. He just laughed before deflecting them all towards his daughter. The beams of yi neng destroyed the laser cage that kept her contained, freeing her.

"Jiang Yu Yan!" Xiao Yu cried out helplessly as Wu Geng Lin suddenly appeared before her. He snapped his fingers, setting off several explosions around them. Once the smoke cleared up, it became evident that Wu Geng Lin and Yu Yan had vanished.

Xiao Yu's eyes widened as his heart beat faster and started pounding heavily against his ribcage. He felt so weak and useless at that moment. How could he have failed to protect her yet again? Rage built up inside him and he punched the floor with all he had, screaming.

"Jiang Yu Yan!"