Chapter 90: After a While

KO One Re-Live

"Wang Da Dong has gone missing," Yun Han explained.

Immediately, Xiao Yu and Ya Se's blood ran cold.

"What? How could Egomaniac go missing?" Ya Se questioned, "He's so stubborn, he wouldn't let himself go missing!"
Xiao Yu nodded in agreement, "Yun Han, what happened?"

"He was escorting Liu Bei back to the Silver Dimension last night, as you all are aware," she began, "However, he got caught up in a dimension quake and both he and Liu Bei have gone missing."
Both Ya Se and Xiao Yu stood there, speechless.
Yun Han continued, "Jiu Wu Meng Zhu has sent the Tie Ke Imperial Guards, including Dong Cheng Wei, to search all 12 dimensions for them," she explained, "And Gou Gou Meng Zhu has ordered Ella and Selina to search the Gold Dimension. He also wants the two of you to help search in Taipei."
"Will Da Dong be okay?" Xiao Yu asked.
"We don't know," she replied, "All we can do is search for them and hope for the best."
"Taipei alone is a large area to search by ourselves, I'll send my men out too," Ya Se replied.
Yun Han nodded in approval. "My sister and I have already put up a missing poster at school," she added, "And Hong Guang Ge and Lei Ke Si have already started searching the city."

"Little friend Wang Da Dong will be fine for sure," Duan Chang Ren came in as he approached them, "I believe that he will be alright whichever dimension he has fallen into. He is an experienced yi neng xing zhe and can look after himself. Finding Liu Bei should be more of a priority to avoid disrupting the dimension flow even further."
Xiao Yu looked up, "Duan Chang Ren is right. Da Dong has his battle points and is so strong, we shouldn't worry so much."
"Let's start our search now, Xiao Yu," Ya Se spoke up, "Let's use my car."
Xiao Yu nodded and the two hurried off.

One day passed. One day turned to two, then to three then to a week. A week turned to a month but Wang Da Dong still was not found. It got to a point where Wang Ya Se and Ding Xiao Yu had to regretfully hand over the search to Ling of Xi Cheng Wei and resume their usual school lives. One month flew by and so did another and then the start of another yet there was no news of either Wang Da Dong or Jiang Yu Yan.

"It's like they've disappeared off the face of this planet," Ya Se said as he and Xiao Yu were studying together at his house.
Xiao Yu just showed him a small smile, "Da Dong will be okay," replied, "He probably ate too much and then knocked himself dead in some random warehouse," he joked.

A small chuckle cracked through Ya Se's lips and he leaned back into his sofa, "I'm glad one issue has been resolved though," he spoke with a relieved sigh.
Xiao Yu turned to him for him to continue.
"Our financial situations are back to being stable," he explained, "And I believe Yu Yan has something to do with it."
Xiao Yu chuckled, "Of course, she was the reason we were having problems in the first place."
Ya Se rolled his eyes and punched his shoulder lightly, "When did you get so sarcastic, Ding Xiao Yu?"
Xiao Yu just shrugged, cheekily.

"But, Xiao Yu, have you thought of which path to take after graduation?" Ya Se inquired.
"I think I will follow Da Dong in becoming a dimensional guard," Xiao Yu replied.
"And what if... Egomaniac doesn't return?" Ya Se asked slowly.
"He will," Xiao Yu replied, "And if he doesn't... then I'll still become a dimensional guard in his place."
This brought a smile to King Arthur's face, "You won't go into further education? Or become a musician?"
"We will see where life takes me," Xiao Yu smiled, "How about you? What are you planning?"
Now, Ya Se sat up properly and smiled confidently, "Whilst I handle my dad's work, I'll improve my relationship with Wu Xiong and hopefully I'll be able to propose to her one day when I can be independent."
Xiao Yu sat up too, "You have long term plans," he commented and Ya Se nodded.
"Of course I do," Ya Se responded, "It's good to have a plan of where you want to be in ten years."
"Ten years..." Xiao Yu echoed.
"What do you want to be doing in ten years?" Ya Se asked and Xiao Yu went silent to think.

"If you two don't become a couple within 10 years then I'll give your money back and treat you to a meal!"

Xiao Yu laughed, "Getting my money back and a free meal," he replied.
Ya Se looked at him, puzzled, "What?" he asked for clarification but Xiao Yu just laughed to himself and stood up.
"Let's go see Duan Chang Ren," he said instead and put down his books and left the room.

 


~*~*~
 


Yu Yan was practicing her martial arts when her father came into the room. He stood on the side and watched silently. Feeling her father burning holes into her back through his stare, she turned around to relieve the discomfort she was feeling.

"Father, is there something wrong?" she asked.
"Come here," he said and gestured her to come closer to him. She did as she was told. She stood in front of him quietly, awaiting his next words. "Do you want to go back to Zhong Ji Yi Ban?" he asked, curiously.
Yu Yan froze and found herself tongue tied. She then released a nervous scoff, "Why would I want to go back?" she questioned, "I've left them for longer than I've been with them."

He smirked and rested his hand on her head, "How would you like to go back?" he asked her in a gentle tone.
"H-Huh?" she asked, confused.
His hand then tightened into a grip over her head, "I have a new mission for you," he continued.
"...What is...it?" she asked slowly.
He then let go of her head.
"Your form teacher, Tian Xin, has potentially over a million battle points," her father stated, "I want you to go back and steal them," he said in a darker tone.
Yu Yan jerked away from her father, "But that's impossible! Ban Dao is a ma gua!" she exclaimed.

He laughed at her, "If her little brother was a meng zhu, how can she just be a plain and ordinary ma gua?" he questioned, "Her yi neng is still dormant in her body. Be sure to steal it before it awakens within her."
"No," she whispered, facing down at her feet.
"What did you say?" her father barked, angrily.
"I don't want to go back, father!" Yu Yan exclaimed, "There's no way they'd take me back. My cover has been blown and if I go back after leaving so dramatically, it'll damage my pride!"
"I don't care! Unless you want me to go myself and murder that woman then you'll find a way to get their trust back!" his voice boomed louder than ever, "I don't care how you do it," he spat, "Get the job done and I'll reward you with something great."
Yu Yan slowly nodded in compliance
"Now get going!" he yelled and Yu Yan left.

Yu Yan hung her head as she walked, How can I go back? Da Dong, Ya Se and Xiao Yu must hate me so much...

Yu Yan's father entered his laboratory and smirked to himself. He brought out a jar containing a glowing white substance. Inside were two spheres bobbing up and down, "This little gift will definitely make you obey me..." he spoke with a sinister grin etched onto his face.

He then turned around and took off his hood, revealing the face of...
.
.
.


Ding Xiao Yu?



"Wu Geng Lin will soon make his appearance."

He then burst into malicious laughter.