Chapter 6: Hospital

KO One Re-Live

"How much did you manage to steal?" A dark and chilling voice spoke.
A girl held up a long cylinder which contained a glowing substance, "They were pretty weak so there wasn't much to take." she answered, "How much Yi Neng are we still short of?"
"I ask the questions, girl," the voice replied sternly and the girl backed down, "All you need to worry about is fulfilling your duty to me."
"Yes, father." the girl answered before turning to leave.


 

*~*~*



Jiang Yu Yan stood alone in a corner of the hospital room as her classmates surrounded Liang Zhi and Xia Ba who rested in their beds. "This is pissing me off!" Da Dong exclaimed, "Who dares to lay a finger on one of us?!" he slammed his fist down on the bedside cabinet but hurt himself in the process as his body was still lacking energy and strength. He flinched and shook his hand to relieve the pain but nevertheless, he continued, "If someone attacks one member of Zhong Ji Yi Ban then its as though they have attacked all of us! It doesn't matter who it is, they started this war but we will end it!"

A series of cheers echoed throughout the room at Da Dong's declaration of war. Yu Yan snorted and muttered to herself, "What type of war are you going to fight without yi neng?"

"Da Dong!" Tian Xin exclaimed, "This is a hospital, you must be quiet! And what happened to the no fighting policy?!"
"But Ban Dao, this has to be an exception! Two of our own were attacked and had their battle points stolen - how can we just let this slide?!" Da Dong retorted.
"Egomaniac's right, we can't allow others to think that we'll just accept getting beaten. It'll ruin our reputation," Ya Se added turning to Tian Xin, "But... it may not be the smartest idea to wage war on this unknown enemy."
"Ya Se, you're totally missing the point!" Tian Xin exclaimed, "You all promised to get into University!"
"And we will!" Da Dong reassured, "But we just have to deal with this problem before it gets out of hand!"

"Da Dong," Xiao Yu began quietly. His voice may have been quiet but it was heard by all and all eyes were on him. "I know how you feel-"
"Right, Xiao Yu? We need to get our revenge!" Da Dong interrupted eagerly.
"No, that's not what I meant," Xiao Yu replied, "We don't have our battle points, how are we going to fight this enemy even if we find out who they are? KO2, KO3 and KO4 lost their yi neng and they're supposed to be the strongest on the KO Ranking but we have no way of fighting them. We can't be impulsive about this and have to think our actions through." he explained seriously.

"There's someone with a brain," Jiang Yu Yan piped up.

 

All eyes were then on her, "Do you have some sort of plan then?" Ya Se inquired with a raised eyebrow.
"Keep quiet about it," she stated bluntly.
"What?!" exclaimed Sha Jie, "You expect Zhong Ji Yi Ban to stay silent after something like this? Is it because you have no eyes that you can't see the direness of our situation?" she barked angrily.
"If you want other schools to know about the empty vacancy for the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban and the blank slates on the KO Charts then sure, go ahead and create a ruckus about it all." Yu Yan snarled sarcastically, "I'm sure lots of people will be more than happy to fill those spots."
Even though her eyes were artificial, the hard and icy glare that she sent towards Sha Jie was more than enough to silence her and only Wang Da Dong had the power to stop her talking.

Xia Ba's stirring shifted the class' attention to her from Yu Yan. "Everyone's... here?" she asked slowly, struggling to sit up.
"Careful," Wu Xiong spoke, helping her.
"What are you all talking about? It feels quite tense in here," she replied.
"This mighty leader of yours - sorry ours, I'm a part of your class now too - Wang Da Dong, wants to start a war with your attacker even though he has no yi neng," Yu Yan spoke up, who then got off her wall and walked over to the patient. "Apparently this thing is supposed to have healing qualities,” she handed her a small envelope, "Rub it into our wounds."


Upon seeing Yu Yan, Xia Ba's breath hitched into . Her eyes widened and her hand began to shake as she accepted the medicine, "T-Thank you..." she spluttered with a shaky voice.
"Are you okay?" Tian Xin asked and the girl nodded furiously.
"Yes, I'm just fine," she answered, "I think I just sat up too quickly, I'm a bit dizzy," she laughed nervously through her lies and quickly threw the covers over herself.
"We will leave you to rest then," the form teacher replied before turning to her class, "Come on everyone, let's leave them to rest. Out, out, out!"

As everyone filed out of the room, Wu Xiong kept her eyes locked onto Yu Yan. Something was strange about her and she could feel it. Xia Ba's reaction upon seeing her gave it away that something was wrong about her. But Yu Yan gave Xia Ba some medicine - surely that was a good thing right? Wu Xiong wanted to ignore this uneasiness within her about the new transfer student, maybe she was just reading too much into everything? Maybe Xia Ba recognised Yu Yan as an old friend? Maybe Xia Ba just acted how she did because she genuinely felt dizzy? Yes, that's what she chose to believe. Wu Xiong didn't want to suspect the new student of something - she didn't even know what this 'something' was. She couldn't come to conclusions like this so decided to brush it off.

"Wu Xiong, we're going to get some food," Ya Se called as he exited the room, "Aren't you coming?"
Wu Xiong nodded, "Wait for me!" she exclaimed with a smile as she ran after him.