Chapter 1: New Student [ARC 1]

KO One Re-Live

"Don't fail me and complete this mission as secretly as you can."

*~*~*



"Dong Ge, please stop! This is the 15th desk you've destroyed this week, and its only Wednesday!" exclaimed Jin Bao San, frantically pleading with the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban.
"Jin Bao San!" Wang Da Dong roared, clenching his fist, "Unless you want to be my punching bag then stop your yapping!"
Jin Bao San shrunk away, cowering in fear as he watched his Dong Ge halve a classroom desk with his bare hand.

"Egomaniac, what's wrong with you?" Wang Ya Se strolled into the classroom with a sigh, "Destroying school property isn't the way to get stronger without your battle points, unless you want to pay for all the damage!"
Da Dong groaned, unsatisfied.


"Ya Se's right," Ding Xiao Yu commented, watching the scene unfold from his desk, "All we can do is wait for Xiu to find our counterparts in the Iron Dimension. We'll have our battle points back soon, don't worry."
Da Dong jumped into his hammock that hung in the back of the classroom, "But I'm the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, how can I be so helpless and weak?"
"You don't need battle points to be strong-" Ya Se was cut off.
"Exactly why I'm practising my martial arts and hand-to-hand combat!" Da Dong groaned once more, shifting around in his hammock, trying to control the itch in his body to fight.
"Maybe you could study in the meantime and the three of us can go to the gym more often in the week." Xiao Yu suggested, "It's better than nothing."
Da Dong sighed in approval.

Wang Ya Se walked towards Xiao Yu, picked up his English textbook and threw it towards Da Dong. "Xiao Yu is right, get some studying done before Form Tutor arrives."
Da Dong caught the flying textbook, "Narcissist, really? English?" he questioned, before speaking in English, "My English is good really."

"Its, 'My English is really good,' Da Dong, please study more." A feminine voice came in, correcting his mistake. Tian Xin walked into the classroom and placed her books down, "Everyone get to your seats please," she ordered, "Remember, the coming of each new day means that we are one step closer to entering University!"
"Yeah!" Da Dong cheered with his fist in the air and big smile on his face, completely forgetting about his desire to break something.

"WAIIIIIT!!" Jin Bao San erupted, earning silence from the class, "I hear something coming!"
"Bao San Ge, that noise was my stomach," Sha Yu pointed out, sheepishly.
"No, no you idiot, I hear two pairs of legs coming towards us - its two hot girls!" he squealed in excitement.
"Jin Bao San!" Cai Yun Han's voice came from the doorway, where she entered with his sister Wu Xiong. On her face was a dark and chilling stare directed at the class monitor.
"King Kong Jie Jie!" he shrieked, "Sorry!" he spoke in English, laughing nervously.
"Okay, okay, Cai Yun Han, Cai Wu Xiong, please sit down." Tian Xin spoke, trying to ease the tension.
Wu Xiong hurried over to sit next to her boyfriend whilst her sister went to sit in her usual seat.

Once the class were silent, Tian Xin announced, "We have a new student joining us today."
A few curious responses flew about the room.
"I hope you all give her a warm welcome-"
"This is Zhong Ji Yi Ban, not some friendship club." Sha Jie rolled her eyes, "What warm welcome?" She scoffed, muttering under her breath.

"I don't need any warm welcomes," a voice spoke. The voice was quiet but heard by all. Instantly, all heads were on the new student as she entered. She had black shoulder length hair tied into two low pigtails and a side fringe. She wore a black hoodie over her school shirt with grey jeans and black boots. All eyes were on her even though her eyes were on her feet.
"Let me introduce you to our new student-" Tian Xin began before she was interrupted.
"My name is Jiang Yu Yan (
语嫣) and I just transfered here from Japan." The student spoke blankly.
"From Japan? And of all schools you chose to come to Ba Le High School?" Fu Tou questioned.
"And to Zhong Ji Yi Ban on top of that?" Xiao La added.

Tao Zi and Bai Linda laughed, "Classmate, I think you came to the wrong class-"
"Silence!" Wang Da Dong's voice boomed, "Can't you guys show some decent respect to our new classmate? Is this how Zhong Ji Yi Ban treats new people?"
A series of "sorry Dong Ge" and "no Dong Ge" chorused, and Da Dong gestured to Jiang Yu Yan to continue, "You can continue."

Instead of responding, Yu Yan remained silent. "Er... does anyone have any questions for our new classmate?" Tian Xin asked. However a sheet of silence hung in the air.


"If my memory serves me correctly, you're not on the KO Charts, so may I ask why you chose this class?" Ya Se inquired, suddenly.
"I grew up in Japan where there is no KO Ranking." Yu Yan began, "I'm not registered on the KO Charts but I have a battle index of 5800."
"Do you have a guarding weapon?" Da Dong asked, "Oh wait, I should introduce myself, I'm the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, Wang Da Dong, #3 on the KO Ranks."
"My weapon is called 'Peek-a-Boo-I-See-You Glass Eye'", she answered, ignoring Da Dong's unwanted introduction. "I lost my real eyes in an accident when I was 3 so I wear fake eyes to avoid scaring anyone. Both eyes are purely artificial but my right eye has the ability to freeze my chosen target and allows me to see what actions they are going to make for up to 30 seconds into the future."

Jin Bao San erupted into laughter, "How can you see if you're blind?! Your weapon is total nonsense!" A hum of snickers from his group of followers began to rise as a response.

"Jin Bao San!" Wang Da Dong boomed, "You seem to have forgotten what it's like to have internal injuries!"
"Now, now Jin Bao San, blindness is a sensitive issue, you shouldn't disrespect Classmate Jiang like that!" Tian Xin piped up, earning a small 'Sorry' from the class monitor who sank into his seat.

"I might be blind, but I'm not helpless." Yu Yan raised her voice shoving her hands into her pockets, "I use echolocation to get around and it helps me fight. I can almost feel future movements and I can sense them when I use my glass eye, it's not rocket science. I bet I'm a better fighter than some of you." She smirked arrogantly, receiving annoyed looks from her new classmates.

"Oi, don't get full of yourself, who do you think you are?" Sha Jie exclaimed, standing up.
"If you want to fight us then come!" Linda added.
"We won't go easy on you just because you're blind!" Tao Zi yelled.


Similar comments flew about the room before Tian Xin interrupted, "Everyone, stop getting worked up so easily! I'm disappointed in you, did you forget about the no fighting policy in Zhong Ji Yi Ban? And of all people to pick a fight with, it's with a blind person? I'm ashamed-"
"Hey old lady, I didn't ask for any defending, I'm not weak." Yu Yan spat.

Ya Se Wang looked over to his best friend, "Hey, Egomaniac, she just insulted Form Tutor. Are you going to just let it slide?" he asked, remembering how Da Dong had acted when he had insulted her. Da Dong however, was muttering to himself in his own world before looking up at his friends, "Hey Xiao Yu, what's echolocation?"
Xiao Yu glanced over at Da Dong, dumbfounded, "It’s when you use reflected sound waves to locate objects."
"Oh..." Da Dong nodded in understanding, "I don't get it."

"What an idiot Zhong Ji Yi Ban's leader is." Yu Yan commented.
Instantly, most of Zhong Ji Yi Ban shot out of their seats in Da Dong's defence, except Ya Se, Xiao Yu, Wu Xiong and Yun Han - Da Dong, himself, included.
Yu Yan laughed, "What, Wang Da Dong, you need your lackeys to defend you? Some legendary KO3 you are!"
"Because you're a girl, I'll let your stinky attitude off for now," Da Dong began, still laying in his hammock, "But just know that the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban is me, not you, and I hold the power over this class."
"Threatening me now? Oh, I see, you can't fight me can you?" Yu Yan grinning, "the rumours must be true then."
"What rumours?" Ya Se inquired.
"Oh you know... the one about the famous Wang Da Dong, Ya Se Wang and Ding Xiao Yu losing their battle points..."

A sly and malicious grin swept across her face as she embraced the cold chill of silence that fell upon the class. How had the secret that Zhong Ji Yi Ban had worked hard to keep hidden be known to a stranger? Da Dong's face fell: if people knew about him having no yi neng then the coming days would be filled with trouble. There would be a higher likelihood of the class being ambushed and there would be new challengers for the spot of the leader of the Ultimate Class from other schools. KO3 and KO4 would be pushed off the KO Ranks if the rumours were confirmed to be true. Da Dong couldn't let that happen.

To break the eerie silence, Yu Yan spoke, "I'll help myself to a seat then," and then walked to the back of the classroom and placed her bag on an empty desk in front of Xiao Yu. As she slumped down into her seat, she burst out into laughter.