Chapter 26: Tension

KO One Re-Live

Xiu finished explaining his situation in the iron dimension to Da Dong, Ya Se and Xiao Yu through his wave zip. The four of them had met up early in the morning before school hours to catch up with the news on both sides.

"So how long do you think it'll take for us to regain our yi neng?" Xiao Yu asked.
"Well it depends on how quickly I can find your and Ya Se's alternate. So far, I've only found Xia Tian but we're having some problems with Gui Long so that needs to be solved first." Xiu explained, "Hopefully it won't take too long. After all, Xia Tian has the potential to become Zhong Jie Tie Ke Ren and he's showed us that when he played the Soul Collecting Melody to save Han."
Da Dong clapped his hand once, "This Xia Tian..." he began, "He's got more guts than what he had when you first met him. I'm glad."

Xiu nodded, "Well I have to get going now, I'll contact you if something happens."
"Thanks alot Xiu," Ya Se said, "Do you need us to accompany you to the dimension door?"
"You guys have class, don't bother with me. Get going," Xiu replied before running off using his super speed.
Da Dong sighed as he looked over at the distance, "Let's get going," he said to his brothers.

"You guys go; I need to go buy something." Xiao Yu responded, "I'll meet you at school."
"Huh? What do you need to buy so early in the morning?" Ya Se asked.
Xiao Yu fumbled with the bagel gift card in his trouser pocket, "Uh..." he trailed, "I didn't buy lunch..." he ended up saying even though he didn't know why he had to lie about buy bagels for himself and Yu Yan.
"Really? You can have mine; I wasn't planning on having lunch today anyway." Da Dong bent down and reached into his bag to bring out his lunch box.
"Uh there's no need!" Xiao Yu quickly said, "I was thinking about using the gift card I won from our camping trip."
Da Dong looked up at him from his crouched down position, "Okay, you can treat us too then!" He swung an arm around Xiao Yu's shoulder and began walking.
"I'm not too fond of sweet things so early in the morning," Ya Se commented as he followed behind them.
"You can save it for later then." Xiao Yu looked back at him with a smile.

Once they were at the bakery that had been newly built, the boys walked over to the bagels section. Their eyes opened wide once they saw the variety of different coloured bagels that were lined up in long and neat rows.

Da Dong's eyes fell upon a yellow bagel that was iced in thick chocolate and topped with white chocolate flakes, "H-how are these bagels???" he asked dumbfounded, "Aren't bagels just plain bread?"
One of the workers leaned over the counter, she smiled at him, "You're right but these bagels here are more like cakes. But they're not really cakes nor are they doughnuts. The way in which we make them ensure that they're soft like cakes but solid like doughnuts."
Da Dong's mouth fell open into a small 'O' shape as he nodded slowly.

"But if you're looking for bread bagels, we do have them over there," she pointed to her left, "We do have healthier bread bagels that are topped with healthy things like fruit. We have all sorts of different types of bagels from sweet bagels to healthy bagels to toasted bagels with bacon or smoked salmon." She smiled.
"That's a lot of bagels..." Ya Se commented slightly overwhelmed as he looked around.
"What would like to buy?" She asked as Xiao Yu looked at all the different types of bagels.

"Which one would Yu Yan like?" he mumbled to himself before turning to his brothers, "Pick the one you want, they're on me."
"Then I won't be polite!" Da Dong beamed as he pointed to a large cake bagel that was red and decorated with vanilla cream and sprinkles, "I'd like this one please!" he said to the worker.
Ya Se pointed to a bagel that was topped with cream cheese and fresh nuts, "I’ll go with this one thanks." The worker nodded and slid the two bagels out of the deli case.


She then turned to Xiao Yu, "And what would you like?" she asked as she prepared a bag for Da Dong and Ya Se's bagels.
"Can I get... er.. a cream cheese and cumber onion bagel and a pizza bagel?" he finally requested as Da Dong titled his head in confusion.
"Four bagels? But there are only three of us, who's the fourth one for?" he asked as he watched Xiao Yu give in his gift card. The worker scanned in the card and then returned it to Xiao Yu, also giving him a large yellow and white stripy bag with their bagels inside. Xiao Yu brought out their three bagels and tucked the fourth one away into his bag, "It's for later," he said as he began eating his onion bagel.

 


~*~*~


When the three friends walked into Zhong Ji Yi Ban that morning, they found all their classmates surrounding Jin Bao San at his desk, except Yu Yan who was asleep in her corner.

"Hey, what are you all doing?" Da Dong asked, as he headed over to his hammock.
Jin Bao San stood up nervously, "D-Dong Ge..." he stuttered, "You know that girl, Su Jia Li?"
"Yeah, she's the one that got attacked the other day and Xiao Yu was suspected of being her attacker." Da Dong replied as he jumped into his hammock.
"What happened to her?" Ya Se asked.
"She died," Jin Bao San said, "But that's not all, the number of yi neng muggings increased to 402 in just 24 hours..."
"That's crazy," Da Dong exclaimed, "Just who is the one behind this all?"
Liang Zhi subtly looked over at Yu Yan, chewing her lip in disgust and hatred.

"No one's safe," Xiao Yu stated, "We shouldn't go out alone."
"Xiao Yu's right. Just because we haven't been attacked, doesn't mean that we won't be in the future." Ya Se continued.
"Zhong Ji Yi Ban already has 5 people who have lost their yi neng and our reputation in the high school world is getting worse by the day, what do we do Dong Ge?" Sha Yu asked, worried.
Da Dong opened his mouth to speak but before he could say any words, Yu Yan's voice appeared.

"Hey, Classmate Liang Zhi, quit staring at me okay? I can't sleep, it's annoying." she said, narrowing her eyes.
Flustered, Liang Zhi stuttered, "H-how-?"
"Only idiots wouldn't feel your dark aura towards me, gosh. I didn't kill that girl, calm your ." Yu Yan replied in a bored tone. She then turned her head and slumped her head back on her desk.
Liang Zhi cleared and regained her composure, "I think you did," she claimed, confidently and honestly.
"Liang Zhi!" Xia Ba whispered as she pulled on her arm.
"Hey, hey, hey, we're not pointing fingers right now." Ya Se interrupted.
"What you think isn't a fact," Yu Yan replied with a huff, "Now shut up, you're all so loud."

"It's a fact that we should kick you out of Zhong Ji Yi Ban!" Lin Da yelled before Da Dong glared at her.
He got up and slammed his hand down on a desk, "Okay all of you listen up! I want this to be the last time I tell you this or you'll get internal injuries if I have to remind you again!" he barked, "Stop accusing Jiang Yu Yan of these crimes when you have no evidence. Accusing each other isn't what Zhong Ji Yi Ban does, what happened to loyalty?!" he questioned before Sha Jie snapped back at him.
"Then Da Dong, if you're not a hypocrite, what evidence do you have to prove her innocence?!" she challenged, "You're always saying she's innocent but how can you prove it?! You did the same thing with Lei Ke Si, so what's stopping you from doing it with that Ugly Jiang?!"
Jiang Yu Yan smiled to herself, wanting to laugh, these idiots. They think they know everything. I should just let that monkey defend me; I'll be more secure in Zhong Ji Yi Ban that way.

"Jiang Yu Yan was with me after school yesterday," Da Dong replied, receiving a loud and surprised "What?!" from most of his classmates including his brothers. Jiang Yu Yan's eyes widened before she mentally slapped herself, Ugh Yu Yan, you idiot. You should've told him not to tell people that you had dinner with him!
"Da Dong, you what?" Sha Jie asked again, but in a quieter voice.

"You heard me; I spent the entire evening with Jiang Yu Yan yesterday so if you're accusing her then you're also accusing me. Is there anyone who still believes Yu Yan is to blame?" Wang Da Dong cracked his knuckles as he glared coldly at all his classmates.

"Good morning everyone! Time for class!" Tian Xin chimed as she entered the classroom.
When no one answered him, Da Dong hissed, "Yeah, that's what I thought, now get back to your seats!" his voice boomed as he shot daggers at everyone who made eye contact with him.

Once everyone went back to their seats, Ya Se leaned over to Da Dong, "Egomaniac, what were you doing with Yu Yan?" he whispered.
"Nothing really, she had dinner with us." Da Dong replied casually.
Xiao Yu looked over at Da Dong and Ya Se as they talked. He would have wanted to take part in their conversation but he was too far away from them and he had no yi neng to use telepathy. Instead he focused on taking notes whilst unintentionally sneaking glances at Yu Yan who didn't move a muscle for the next two hours.

A figure (Played by Joe Cheng) stood on the roof of one of the buildings that was the closest to Zhong Ji Yi Ban's building. He spied on the class as he had a direct view of the whole classroom through the window from where he was positioned. His face remained neutral but his mind was buzzing with an analysis of what he could see. His focus was on Wang Da Dong and then it shifted to Yu Yan and then to Xiao Yu then back to Da Dong and then to Ya Se. His eyes were continuously shifting between all the people in the classroom including the teacher. He examined every single movement of every single person and took mental notes.