Chapter 74: Mojie

KO One Re-Live

Xia Tian looked around Mie - it was different to what he remembered from the last time he was there. He looked around confused. "Meng Zhu," he began, "This wasn't the place I came to before," he explained. He looked around again: there were 4 large purplish wormhole-like portals floating in mid air, surrounding them in a small volume of space. Lan Ling Wang nodded in agreement.
"Well of course it's not!" Gui Feng exclaimed as though it was obvious. He then lowered his voice, "You have the aura of a demon now so what would be the point in putting you through whatever you went through before? Demons are welcomed in mie!"
"That's right," Jiu Wu replied.

"So Meng Zhu, or rather - Gui Feng, where do we go now?" Lan Ling Wang inquired.
"Through the portal obviously," Gui Feng shrugged.
"But which one?" Xia Tian asked.

Suddenly there was a booming voice from above.

"hæòeDIaSœpłJøæAWđèL"

Xia Tian jumped in surprise and Jiu Wu smiled at his reaction. "What was that?" Xia Tian asked.
"Probably the gatekeeper of the entrance of Mojie," Jiu Wu guessed with a shrug.
"What did he say?" Lan Ling Wang asked him.
"Hey, you're asking the wrong person," Gui Feng snapped, "He said that before we can enter Mojie we have to prove that we really are demons."
"How do we prove that?" Xia Tian inquired.

"kwWEœaĺłX₩AlJ×aZ" the voice boomed again.

"He said that only one of these portals lead to Mojie and if we go through the wrong portal then this place will fill up with acid and we'll all melt," Gui Feng explained casually.
"He said alot in only a few words," Jiu Wu muttered, eyeing Gui Feng suspiciously.
"Why would I lie to you?" Gui Feng questioned, "I want to bring back that brother of mine as well."
"Then which portal do we go through?" Lan Ling Wang asked, "You should know right?"
"Of course I know," Gui Feng scoffed, "Follow me-"

"AąøñqfænNzZ"

Gui Feng's face fell.
"Well, what now?" Jiu Wu inquired.
"He said... that we can only go through one at a time and after one of us go through, the gates will be switched around so we can't rely on the person before us," Gui Feng explained.
Jiu Wu smiled, "We haven't even entered Mojie and there's already a problem," he chuckled.
"Meng Zhu, we have to be serious," Xia Tian replied.
"Xia Tian, you go first," Gui Feng ordered.
"What?" he exclaimed, "I don't know which one it is!" he said in a hushed whisper.
Gui Feng pushed him forward, "I'll tell you which one it is," he whispered and then turned to Jiu Wu, "I'll get all of you through before I go," he whispered.
Jiu Wu and Lan Ling Wang nodded in agreement.

"It's the one to your left," Gui Feng whispered to Xia Tian, looking away from him so that it wasn't obvious that he was telling him, "And remember to act like a demon okay?"
Xia Tian stepped forward and put his hands in the air, "hAR hAr hAR!" he laughed, trying to imitate Gui Long.
Everyone sweatdropped.

"§ßïaQæLø"

"Xia Tian, the gatekeeper doesn't have all day!" Gui Feng hissed.
Xia Tian chuckled awkwardly, "Party Time!" he exclaimed before coughing as he passed through the gate.
Once he passed through, the four portals began spinning around them really quickly, as though merging into one. The blur of all the dark colours made the remaining boys dizzy and once the spinning stopped and the portals stood in a different formation, the boys were ready to throw up on the spot.
Jiu Wu pressed his fingers against his temples and shut his eyes tightly, trying to get over the pain. He groaned and then looked at Lan Ling Wang, "Lan Ling Wang, you go next. As Meng Zhu, I have to make sure you get to the other side safely."
"Just hurry up because I have to go through this two more times," Gui Feng grumbled.
Lan Ling Wang nodded firmly despite his churning stomach, "Which one is it?" he asked in a quiet voice.
Pinching the bridge of his nose and shutting his eyes tightly, Gui Feng pointed to a portal, "Behind you," he muttered.
Lan Ling Wang thanked him with a slight bow of his head and then walked through the portal.

The portals then began spinning faster than before and closed in on them. "Ugh, this ," Gui Feng complained.

After a while, the four of them were gathered in Mojie, at the top of a volcano under a night sky. Well it wasn't exactly a night sky, there was a deep red tint to it and it was filled with smoke.

"Is this Mojie?" Xia Tian wondered, amazed.
"Yep, welcome," Gui Feng responded.
"It's nothing like what I had imagined," Lan Ling Wang commented, "I expected to see lots of wormholes and demonic yi neng floating around everywhere."
Gui Feng smirked with a scoff, "You have a lot to learn. We demons are people too you know; our world is like yours but better suited for us."
"It's really smelly too," Jiu Wu added, covering his nose.
"Whatever," Gui Feng shrugged, "Anyway, you three will need new names."

"Why?" Xia Tian asked.
"Because your names are known down here too," he explained, "People know your names and some even know what you look like."
"That makes sense," Jiu Wu replied, "Then I want to be called 007!"
"007?" Gui Feng repeated in surprise, "When did you become James Bond?"
Jiu Wu smiled, "An agent can never reveal his secrets," he whispered, pulling on black shades. But as he did that, he poked himself in the eye. "Ow-" he cried out.
Gui Feng laughed at him.
"Meng Zhu, isn't a magician that never reveal his secrets?" Xia Tian asked, confused.
Jiu Wu sweat dropped and then cleared his throat, "Can I not have my fun?" he pouted cutely.
"Meng Zhu, we aren't here for fun," Lan Ling Wang pointed out and Jiu Wu sighed in response.

"What name will you go by, Lan Ling Wang?" Gui Feng asked.
"I'm not sure," he replied.
"How about... Crow?" Jiu Wu suggested.
"As in 'Wu Ya?'" Lan Ling Wang asked and Jiu Wu nodded.
"I like that name," Gui Feng commented and Xia Tian nodded in agreement.
"It's really cool!" he beamed.
"Now we just have Xia Tian left," Jiu Wu stated.
"What if he takes on Gui Long's name?" Lan Ling Wang suggested, "He does look a lot like him."
"We can't have Gui Long looking for Gui Long," Gui Feng spat, "Idiot."
"I know," Jiu Wu snapped his fingers, "You can go by the name of 'Zack'!"
"Zack?" Xia Tian repeated, "My alternate counterpart in the copper dimension?"
"That's not a bad idea," Gui Feng replied.

"So now that's all sorted, let's start looking for Gui Long," Jiu Wu replied.
"Where do we stay?" Lan Ling Wang asked.
"If you look over the edge of this volcano, you'll see a city, we should be able to find some sort of inn," Gui Feng explained.
Xia Tian walked over to the edge of the volcano and his eyes widened. At the bottom of the volcano was a small forest but after that was a vast city lit by flames and multicoloured yi neng. Although some of the buildings were of quite a high quality, they were towering over pothole-filled roads that were not straight or organised.
"There really is a whole city down here," he breathed in amazement, "Gui Feng Ge, this is amazing!"
"Ge?" Gui Feng echoed, "Do you Xia siblings even acknowledge us Gui siblings as your own family?" he spat.
Xia Tian turned around to look at him, "I've learned to accept that. We may have to share bodies and it might be unfair that we Xia siblings are the dominant ones, but we are from the same mother and father. We should learn to get along with each other," he spoke sincerely.
Gui Feng scowled, "You weren't saying that when you all tried to destroy my brother."
Jiu Wu came between them, "Okay, okay! We don't need to start a fight alright? We shouldn't break our alliance for we have the same goal!" he scolded.
Xia Tian lowered his head, "I apologise Meng Zhu," he muttered before he looked up upon hearing someone screaming.

"What's that noise?" Lan Ling Wang asked and looked up at the sky.
The four boys noticed a girl (Bai Bai from Attention Love) falling from the sky and as she got nearer to the ground, her scream became louder.
"It’s a... girl?" Xia Tian stuttered and the boys began to panic.
"She's going to hit us!" Jiu Wu exclaimed as he, Lan Ling Wang and Gui Feng hurried over to the side to avoid getting hit.
"Shouldn't we save her?" Xia Tian asked, still staring at the girl that was incoming like a meteor.
"Idiot Xia Tian!" Gui Feng exclaimed and yanked him over to them. "No one likes Bai Bai!"
"Who's Bai Bai?" Xia Tian asked before Jiu Wu pulled him behind some shrubs.
"SSSHH!" He hissed, "She tried to steal Li Zheng from Shao Xi!"
"H-Huh?" Xia Tian stuttered, really confused, "She might die if we don't help her!"
"Cover your eyes and you won't see anything, Xia Tian!" Lan Ling Wang told him, covering Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren's eyes with his hand.
"Be quiet! She can't know we're here!" Gui Feng snapped and the four of them hid behind a large bush.

"aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa" Bai Bai cried before she hit the ground and then began rolling down the volcano like a bouncy ball into the distance. Once her scream was no longer within hearing range, Jiu Wu sighed, relieved, before climbing out from behind the bush. He pretended to look out into the distance before waving, "Bai Bai!"
He then grinned and turned back to his friends, "Do you get it? 'Bye Bye'? 'Bai Bai'?" he then laughed to himself as the three just looked at him with no emotion. A crow flew across the screen, cawing, making Jiu Wu clear his throat and recompose himself.

As the group regathered, Xia Tian looked curiously at them all. “Why was that girl falling?” he asked.

“Oh Xia Tian, oh little Xia Tian,” Jiu Wu sighed as he put his hand on his shoulder, “You have a lot to learn my friend.”

“Xia Tian, don’t ask any more questions,” Gui Feng snapped as the younger boy just nodded.

 

[A/N: How was that weepingangel25? I hope you liked it J]

 

The group of them then trekked down the volcano into the vibrant city below. Music was resounding from every corner, horrid smells wafted around - there was really no order. It was almost chaotic.

Xia Tian covered his ears, "Meng Zhu, it's too loud and smelly here, I don't think I can take it," he said.
"And the concentration of demonic energy in the air is really high, it could harm us," Lan Ling Wang added.
"Don't worry," Jiu Wu smiled at them reassuringly before showing them his Angel in Devil's Clothing Choker, "As long as we have these, we should be fine."
"Xia Tian, unblock your ears, you stand out too much," Gui Feng advised and Xia Tian reluctantly brought his hands down to his sides.
"So where are we going now?" Lan Ling Wang asked as Jiu Wu led the way.
"I suppose we're looking for some place to stay," Gui Feng shrugged before looking at Jiu Wu, "Looks like he knows where he's going."
Jiu Wu grinned at them, "Trust me," he said and then stopped at a rundown building.

"Meng Zhu?" Xia Tian asked in confusion. He looked up at the building and saw the words 'Hei Girl' nailed above the purple door in faded green wooden letters.
"Follow me," Jiu Wu replied as he pushed open the doors and walked in. The other three followed to see a dark lounge lit up with flashing disco lights and smoke flowing through the floor. Music was blasting from one corner and on the other side were two bartenders handing out drinks to other demons.

"Meng Zhu, why are we here?" Lan Ling Wang inquired, squinting to try and see through the mix of darkness and lights.
"How do you even know of this place?" Gui Feng asked, "It's one of the most popular night clubs in Mojie."
Jiu Wu didn't reply and walked off with his eyes focused on someone.
"Meng Zhu, wait!" Xia Tian called out before Gui Feng glared at him.
"Don't call him by such a name in such a crowded place!" he hissed and Xia Tian became nervous when he noticed a few eyes on him.
"Uh..." he stuttered, "Mango Zoo!" he called out in English, running after the young Meng Zhu. "Does this place sell Mango Zoo?!" he yelled randomly at all the people looking at him strangely, "It's such a great drink! This place must have it!"

Gui Feng rolled his eyes as Lan Ling Wang chuckled to himself, "Well atleast he tried to turn his mistake around," he muttered before following after him.

Jiu Wu saw a girl (Played by Gui Gui/Emma Wu) with long brown hair styled into a Dutch braid. She was chatting to the bartender as she sipped on a red liquid through a curly straw. A smile formed on his face, "Gui Gui?!" he called out.
The girl turned her head and as soon as her eyes met his, her face mirrored his smile. Squealing, she ran over to him and jumped into his arms with a big hug, "Xiao Lun!" she exclaimed.
"Gui Gui!" he grinned happily, hugging her back.

The other three watched, puzzled. "How does Meng Zhu know a demon?" Xia Tian whispered to Lan Ling Wang.
"I don't know," Lan Ling Wang responded, "I also find it weird that he seems to know his way around."
Gui Feng snorted, "He is a meng zhu after all, I wonder what else he knows," he commented in a low mutter.