Chapter 80: Before the Storm

KO One Re-Live

[Iron Dimension]

 

"Xia Tian…?"
.
.
.
"Xia Tian!"
.
.
.



"XIA TIAN!"


 



~*~*~
 

[Gold Dimension]

Xiao Yu walked into his living room to see Yu Yan sitting beside the window quietly. Her head was leaned against the glass and she just sat there, still. Silently, he walked over to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Yu Yan," he called softly, startling her.
Her head moved away from the window and faced him, "What?" she asked in a low and emotionless mutter.
He then sat next to her on the sill of the window, "What's the matter? You've been really quiet lately," he replied.
Yu Yan just sighed, "I want to be alone. Don't bother me," she responded.
"Is something wrong?" Xiao Yu inquired but Yu Ya just shook her head. "You don't look too good," he added.
"I'm fine, go away," Yu Yan replied but in a firmer tone.

Xiao Yu tilted his head to get a better look at her. He stared at her. He noticed the furrowed brows and chewed bottom lip from deep thought and he noticed that she was stressed and perhaps worried judging from her demeanour. "Yu Yan..." he trailed off, not knowing how to make her smile. Suddenly, a light bulb flashed in his mind and a smile curved its way onto his lips. Quickly, he grabbed her hand and tugged her away from the window, "Yu Yan, come with me," he said in a rushed tone.
"Xiao Yu?" Yu Yan called out as the young man pulled her out of the flat, "What are you doing?!" she exclaimed.

The two arrived at a tall brick wall. "Little Fish, where have you brought me?" Yu Yan snapped impatiently.
"To school," Xiao Yu answered, looking up the wall.
"Why are we at school during break?" Yu Yan further questioned, getting annoyed.
Xiao Yu let go of her hand and put them on his hips, "Can you get over the wall?" he asked her before jumping onto the top. He crouched on the top of the wall and extended his hand out to her, "Come," he said.
"Are you sneaking into school?" Yu Yan asked with wrinkled brows, "That's not something you'd do."
"Come on Yu Yan," Xiao Yu urged in a soft but firm tone.

Sighing, Yu Yan grabbed onto his hand and he pulled her up as she climbed onto the wall. However as Xiao Yu pulled her up, he started to stand up from his crouching position and ended up losing his balance when Yu Yan got to the top.

"Woah!" he cried out when his foot slipped off the ledge and he fell backwards. Because his hand was still holding onto Yu Yan's, she was pulled down with him and the two plunged into bushes that sat at the bottom of the wall on the other side.

"Little Fish!" Yu Yan exclaimed angrily, groaning as she sat up with twigs and leaves in her hair.
Xiao Yu sweat dropped and chuckled when he looked at her ticked off face. "Are you okay?" he asked her and she just rolled her eyes.
"Do I look okay?!" she snapped.
Xiao Yu just smiled faintly and brushed the twigs and leaves out of her hair which softened her face. "Are you hurt anywhere?" he added and Yu Yan shook her head.
"Are you?" she asked but the boy just stood up and brushed the twigs and leaves from his clothes and hair.
"I'm fine," he then said, extending a hand down to her, "Let's go."

 


~*~*~
 


"Narcissist, what's with that ugly face?" Da Dong asked seeing his best friend with a frown at his kitchen table.
Ya Se just rested his head on his hand, "You're the one with the ugly face," he retorted with a mutter.
Da Dong pulled out a chair and sat beside his friend, "Hey, I'm trying to be a good brother here!" he exclaimed at him.
Ya Se gasped, "Wow! Is Zhong Ji Yi Ban's leader trying to be nice?!" he joked and Da Dong just rolled his eyes.
He then punched his shoulder lightly, "If my good brother is in pain then I am too," he said, "Tell me what's wrong, Narcissist."
Ya Se leaned back in the chair, "It's got nothing to do with you, Egomaniac. Don't worry about it," he reassured with a small smile.

"Wang Ya Se!" Da Dong barked, "Do you not take me as your brother?!"
Exhaling, Ya Se turned to his brother, "If it gets worse, I'll tell you. It's just a small issue, I'm sure my dad will be able to deal with it," he replied with a small smile before slapping his shoulder and standing up, "Come on, let's go play some basket ball with Lei Ke Si and Tian Hong Guang Ge."
Da Dong stood up from his chair, "What about Xiao Yu and Yu Yan?" he asked.
Chuckling, the young master stopped to turn back around, "Let's leave those two alone for once."

 


~*~*~
 

 


Xiao Yu and Yu Yan sat together in the music room as Xiao Yu played the piano.

"Why are you playing the piano?" Yu Yan asked as she listened intently to the beautiful melody.
"I want you to feel carefree even if it’s just for a small moment," Xiao Yu replied with his eyes closed.
Yu Yan's lips curved upwards, feeling her heart flutter. "Thanks," she mumbled, closing her eyes to immerse herself in the music.
Xiao Yu opened his eyes and glanced at her peaceful face, smiling.

 


~*~*~



[Iron Dimension]

Jiu Wu shook Xia Tian violently as Xia Tian's face turned pale and faded out of consciousness.
"Xia Tian!" Lan Ling Wang exclaimed, trying to wake him up.
"What's happening Xiao Lun?" Gui Gui asked worriedly with panic spread across her face.

It was late at night and the group were staying at an inn but suddenly, Xia Tian had started groaning in discomfort and now he seemed to be in pain. Currently, Jiu Wu, Lan Ling Wang, Gui Gui and Gui Feng were crowded around his bed. Jiu Wu watched Xia Tian closely, scrutinising his movements as he shuffled about in pain. It was then when he noticed Xia Tian's eye colour flickering between dark brown and silver when he was struggling to open his eyes - he knew what was happening now. "Gui Long?" he exclaimed in disbelief. As if on cue, Gui Long took over Xia Tian's body, becoming the dominant entity. Gui Long then sat up with an annoyed expression.

"That idiot Xia Tian took his time giving in to me," he muttered.
"Gui Long?" Jiu Wu repeated, "What are you doing here?!"
Gui Long stood up and craned his neck before smirking at everyone in the room before smirking at Gui Feng. "Hey Ge they let you out?" he laughed before walking past them.
"Gui Long," Gui Feng called, turning around.
"What?" Gui Long snapped.
"Where did you come from?" Gui Feng inquired and everyone watched.

Gui Long his heel and just grinned at them all, "Can't I return to my body? It was so easy to fight off that stupid Xia Tian," he laughed, "If he wanted to keep his body, he shouldn't have come here to weaken his yi neng," he continued to laugh. He then turned to leave again.

Quickly, Gui Feng pulled off his Angel In Devil's Clothing Choker and put his hand out, "Freeze Wu La Ba Ha!" he exclaimed, freezing Gui Long on the spot.
Suddenly, Gui Long began laughing and broke free from the spell. "That trick won't work on me down here," he said with a malicious smirk. He barged through the door, causing it to open with a loud thud. Without hesitating, Gui Gui followed after him and copied Jiu Wu, "Freeze Wu La Ba Ha!" she cried out, freezing him in his spot. Although the spell worked, its effect was decreasing and Gui Long's movements were slowed down. "Stupid yi neng diehards!" Gui Long cursed, pushing through the spell.

Jiu Wu then pulled out a long patch from his pocket - the Feng Long Tie - and then slapped it on against Gui Long's neck using his super speed. As soon as Gui Long was sealed away, Xia Tian returned but fainted as a result. "Xia Tian!" Lan Ling Wang exclaimed, quickly helping his fallen friend into his bed.

Gui Feng turned to Meng Zhu who ran a hand through his hair, "It's a good thing you have the feng long tie," he commented and the meng zhu nodded.
"I thought it would come in handy," he responded, "We should get back to the Iron Dimension before Gui Long can take control again and I've already revealed my yi neng so it we won't be very safe here anymore."
Gui Gui nodded, "I’ll help you guys out."
"What about Li Xue? We can't just leave without telling her we found Gui Long," Lan Ling Wang spoke up.
"I can explain things to her later; getting Gui Long back to the iron dimension is the most important thing right now," Gui Gui replied and Meng Zhu nodded in agreement.

 


~*~*~

[Gold Dimension]

Da Dong entered his house after playing a game of basketball. Behind him was Yu Yan who came for dinner since Xiao Yu had gone off to work.

"Mum, we're home!" he called as he and Yu Yan walked over to the kitchen.
Wang Mama beamed brightly at them, "Ah! Welcome back! Dinner's ready, quickly come sit down!" she urged impatiently, pushing Yu Yan into her seat.
"Thanks mum!" Da Dong thanked as he dug into his food and Yu Yan nodded in agreement.
Wang Mama just smiled at them and sat down with them.
"Oh by the way, Wang Mama," Yu Yan spoke up, "Where's Wang Papa?"
"Oh right, we usually have dinner together," Da Dong added.

Wang Mama's face fell and a sigh escaped her lips. Hearing her sigh, Yu Yan put down her spoon and faced her, "Did anything happen?" she inquired.
"Well," Wang Mama paused, "He has been having a few financial problems with his Church so hasn't been at home alot... but don't worry about it, he will be able to fix everything," she explained.
"I wasn't worrying," Yu Yan muttered, "I don't think it's too serious anyway."
"Exactly," Wang Mama smiled.
Da Dong put down his chopsticks and stared at his mother with wrinkled brows, "That's strange. Narcissist seems to be having some sort of problem at home too," he informed.
"The mafia and church have no relation: their problems most likely aren't linked," Yu Yan countered.
"You kids are talking too much, hurry up and eat!" Wang Mama cut in with an urging tone.

To change the topic, Wang Mama then quickly turned to Yu Yan eagerly, "So Yu Yan, has there been any progress in your relationship with Xiao Yu?"
Instantly, Yu Yan coughed her rice back into her bowl. Wiping with the back of her hand, she frowned, "Wang Mama, didn't you say we were talking too much? Why did you ask such a question?" she exclaimed.
Da Dong snickered at her, "I'm curious too, Yu Yan. Has anything happened between the two of you yet?"
Yu Yan's eyes widened and she glared daggers at the male who sat across from her. She then huffed and continued to eat.

"Aiyo, why wouldn't something have happened?" Wang Mama gushed, "They've been living together for a while now~" she cooed excitedly, “I’m sure there’s been many sparks going off!”
Da Dong grinned, "Yu Yan, if you ever want help with Xiao Yu, you know you can always ask me-"
Yu Yan abruptly stood up, cutting him off. "There's nothing going on between us," she spat before picking up her bowl and taking it to the sink.

 


~*~*~



Jin Bao San and his followers were running about Taipei as usual, causing trouble. As he was stomping down the streets, he was counting notes of money happily.
"Boss, how much did we make?" Xiao La asked eagerly.
"We?" Jin Bao San echoed, mockingly, "This is all mine!" he exclaimed.
"Aw that's not fair!" Da La burst out, "It was a team effort!"
"Boss that's right!" Xiao La agreed before speaking in English, "There is no 'I' in 'Team'!" he announced.
Jin Bao San rolled his eyes, answering back in English, "But there is 'M' and 'E'! 'Me'!"
With that he stuck his nose up in the air and strutted off.

Suddenly, Jin Bao San bumped into someone and stumbled backwards. Without looking at the person, he began to bark, "Hey! Don't you have eyes?! Why don't you look where you're going?!" he yelled.
Xiao La and Da La shrunk back in fear after realising who the person was.
"B-Boss..." Da La stuttered.
"What?!" Jin Bao San snapped at them, turning to look at them. Xiao La pointed a feeble finger at the person standing before him, who had cold eyes and was surrounded by an aura of yi neng. Kissing his teeth, Jin Bao San turned to see who the person was only to scream out in surprise.

"JI AN?!"