Chapter 38: Bitter Win

KO One Re-Live

Jiang Yu Yan's fists glowed a bright white and she laughed menacingly at her sisters. She put out her hand in front of her sisters and the students from Zhong Ji Yi Ban watched Yu Yan's battle index begin to rise and their enemies' drop.

Xiao Yu watched Yu Yan's battle points increase up to 7000 and up. His eyes widened as he watched the pirate and peter pan back away slowly. "W-What are you doing?!" Yu Tong screeched as she looked at her hands that were glowing with Yu Yan's aura. Yu Yan smirked.

"You're not the only ones who were taught how to steal battle points..." Yu Yan laughed at her sisters through telepathy.

Yu Tong and Yu Tang then connected their hands, sharing their yi neng and breaking apart Yu Yan's hold on them. With a joint attack, they launched themselves at her. Yu Yan blocked their attack and pushed them back.

A smile formed on Xiao Yu's face and he began calming down. Da Dong and Ya Se helped him and An Qi move away from the scene and continued to watch the fight, supporting Yu Yan the whole way through.
Yu Yan then returned heavy blows and attacks to her sisters, making the fall back. She scoffed as she clenched her fist, feeling her new battle index of 9000. The three resumed their fighting. Fists were thrown. Kicks were delivered. Blood and sweat were shed. Injuries were inflicted.

After a few minutes of fighting, Da Dong realised that the tide of the fight wasn't changing and that they would get nowhere. He whipped out his dragon tattooed pan and called out to Yu Yan, "Yu Yan! Catch!" He then threw it at her and she caught it. Within milliseconds, she used it as a shield to block an attack.

"Egomaniac, she won't be able to use it!" Ya Se told his friend.
"I know but she can atleast cause some damage by using it as a normal pan!" Da Dong replied with his eyes glued on her.
Ya Se nodded and summoned his sword in stone, "Yu Yan! Take this as well!" he exclaimed, throwing it to her.

Yu Yan smirked as she caught the sword and dual wielded both weapons. She dealt blows to her sisters left, right and centre. However, she also sustained injuries.

The man (Joe Cheng) standing on top of the tower sighed, "They will get nowhere," he muttered. He shook his head, "It seems like I must intervene before the three kill each other." He then jumped off the roof and landed right in the middle of the fight.

Surprised, Yu Tong burst out, "Who a-" but before she could finish, the figure turned around and covered the twins with his cloak and disappeared. The twins vanished along with him.

Not caring about this new person, Xiao Yu ran over to Yu Yan and pulled her into his embrace. He hugged her tightly. Yu Yan felt her cheeks warm up and her heart beat quicken. She could also hear the rapid beating of his heart as her head rested on his chest.

"You mean a lot to Xiao Yu. He talks about you a lot and he cares for you..."

She smiled at An Qi's words, feeling warmth in her heart, Is this what it feels like to be happy? she wondered as she breathed in Xiao Yu's scent. "If I can only care about you only once in my lifetime, let that time be now..." she whispered quietly.

"I've called for an ambulance," Ya Se announced as he put his phone away. But then he looked at his friends who were just staring at Xiao Yu and Yu Yan. He smiled as he was completely ignored.

Xiao Yu blushed when he realised that he was holding Yu Yan tightly. He was surprised that she hadn't pulled away and yelled at him, but he was happy that she was still alive. "Don't do something so reckless like that again, okay?" he spoke softly into her ear. She didn't reply but instead pulled away from him.

She breathed heavily, "You idiot!" she suddenly screamed at him as she avoided his gaze, "How are you KO4 when you can't even sense that someone is following you - two people at that!" she yelled at him. "Even without yi neng, shouldn't your martial arts be at a standard where you can sense people close by?!" she questioned, angrily. "You have an ear for music and sounds but you can't hear people stalking you?! Did love clog your ears to the point that you can't hear anything but An Qi?!" she fumed angrily before the sword in stone and dragon tattooed pan slipped out of her hands. The two weapons hit the ground with a loud clank and Yu Yan felt herself fade out of consciousness. Suddenly, she collapsed and her body hit ground.

Xiao Yu quickly went on his knees and put her head on his lap, "Yu Yan!" he called her as he shook her face. An Qi, Da Dong and Ya Se rushed over to them.

 


~*~*~

 


Xiao Yu watched Yu Yan stir as she lay in the hospital bed. He sat at her bedside whilst Ya Se and Da Dong leaned against the wall outside of the room. An Qi had gone home to pack for her return to the US but promised to call as soon as she got finished to check on Yu Yan.

Xiao Yu continued to watch Yu Yan, "I'm sorry I got you into such a state..." he muttered.
"It's not your fault," Yu Yan spoke as she began to awaken and sit up. "I chose to intervene. If I hadn't, the one lying in this bed would have been your dead body."
"I'm sorry. You always end up saving me but I'm so useless and can't do anything for you." he replied, quietly but sadly.
"Don't apologise, it's annoying," she replied before she faced him, "And next time if I get hurt, don't bring me to the hospital. I hate the hospital; don't ever bring me here again."

As soon as she said that, she got up from the bed and began to walk out. Xiao Yu grabbed her hand, "Wait, where are you going?! You have to heal for a few days!"
She pulled back her hand, "I hate hospitals, I'm going home. My father can look after me," she replied but before she could leave the room, the door swung open.
A man stepped in followed by Ya Se. He wore a cap that was pulled low so that it covered his eyes and the collar of his jacket was pulled up over his mouth.

Intimidated by this figure, although he was a a little shorter than him, Ya Se stuttered, "Uh... Yu Yan... your father's here."
Xiao Yu looked up and made eye contact with her father. He saw a glint in his eyes and immediately Xiao Yu felt a shiver run down his spine and he felt weak all of a sudden. His breath became hitched in his throat and he began choking.

"F-father..." Yu Yan stammered and she bowed before him.

Her father took one more glimpse at Xiao Yu before looking away. Ya Se quickly rushed over to Xiao Yu who had collapsed onto the bed out of dizziness. He poured him a glass of water and Xiao Yu gulped it down as he blinked several times to try and set his head straight.

Yu Yan's father smirked at Xiao Yu's current condition before he grabbed Yu Yan's collar from the back, "I appreciate you looking after my daughter, thank you," he said before he forcefully pushed her out of the hospital room and into the corridor.

As Yu Yan was pushed out, Xiao Yu and Ya Se looked at each other in a mixture of confusion and worry. "Xiao Yu... Her father is quite scary," Ya Se whispered as Xiao Yu massaged his temples, “He’s no simple man…”
"I agree, when he looked at me... I suddenly got so light headed and I couldn't breathe," Xiao Yu replied.
"And he doesn’t seem to care that Yu Yan is injured," Ya Se added as he stood up, "He's not even letting her stay here for a night."
"He has a really powerful aura, we ought not to mess with him," Xiao Yu muttered.


"But I expected him to be a bit taller," Ya Se commented unexpectedly as he stood up and levelled off their heights using his hand.
"Ya Se! Not everyone is lucky enough to have a view of the whole of Taiwan like you!" Xiao Yu replied, dumfounded at Ya Se’s decision to ruin their serious conversation.

Yu Yan felt pain explode all over her body as her father forced her down the hallway. She bit her lips as she felt her father's angry aura. "I'll deal with you when we get home," her father hissed at her, "You went against my orders and fought with your sisters, I see that you're growing a pair or wings!" he barked at her in a hushed voice as he pulled her ear.

Da Dong exited the men's washroom quietly at looked at the backs of Yu Yan and her father.

"I'm sorry father," Yu Yan whimpered before his hand struck her face.

Da Dong's eyes widened.

"Remember what I said the last time you defied me?" he asked her in a dark and chilling voice.
Yu Yan nodded slowly.

Da Dong watched the two leave and many thoughts went through his mind. He then quickly went to find Ya Se and Xiao Yu.

 


~*~*~
 



Jiang Yu Yan coughed up more blood and fell onto her knees. Tears streamed down her face as her sisters watched her get abused. Yu Ting covered her eyes whilst the twins just laughed.

Before Yu Yan knew it, she was thrown out of their home and she tumbled onto cold hard ground. She landed face flat which made her nose bleed. She hiccupped through her tears as she failed to even move her fingers - she felt as though all her bones were crushed. She lay unmoving on the ground before thunder ripped through the sky and stones of water poured down over her. She gritted her teeth weakly as she felt water run through her hair.