Chapter 32: With Her

KO One Re-Live

"Shakespeare said: 'When Envy breeds unkind division: there comes the ruin, there begins confusion.'" Ya Se proclaimed as he approached Yu Yan who sat alone on the grass outside.
"I don't understand you and your stupid Shakespeare." Yu Yan grunted, looking up at the sun to feel its warm rays.

Ya Se sat down next to her, "That bagel was for you, wasn't it?" he wondered, leaning back and looking at her.
Yu Yan scoffed and faced him, "What are you talking about?" she quipped innocently, "I don't know anything about any bagels."
"He bought that other bagel for you right?" Ya Se repeated, "That's why he hesitated in giving it to An Qi, right?"
Yu Yan turned to face him slowly, pissed off, "Ya Se Wang, are you asking me or do you already know?" she questioned, "I said I don't know anything about what happened this morning."

"You know Huang An Qi is Xiao Yu's first love right?" Ya Se inquired as he sat up properly to look her in the eye.
"Should I care?" Yu Yan wondered, rhetorically.
"Don't be mad at him, he's just a love struck boy and he's going through a lot right now," Ya Se assured, "And An Qi is a lovely girl, don't be angry at her and then take it out on Xiao Yu. Don't ruin your friendship over something so small like this, okay?"
In mockery, Jiang Yu Yan laughed, "Ya Se Wang, Young Master. Do you admire yourself that much to the point where you think you know everything?" she questioned, coldly, "I know I can be arrogant at times, but geez, you really are a narcissist. I hate to agree with Wang Da Dong but he can really sum you up with one adjective!"

"What are you trying to say?" Ya Se replied.
"First of all, get your facts right: one, I have no friends and am not interested in making any; two, I'm not mad at Little Fish because of that stupid An Qi! Being annoyed over such a pointless thing is such a waste of energy!" she lectured, although in her heart she did admit that she was a little annoyed at An Qi but she was quick to get over it.
"They why did you get do riled up in class?" he inquired.
Yu Yan sighed, Why am I even talking to this mug head? "Did the accident last week give you amnesia?" she hissed at him, "This is my normal personality! And if I seemed extra snappy today it's because I'm on my period!" she yelled at him, feeling the words spill out of .

Immediately Ya Se's cheeks warmed up and turned pink, P-p-p...., he laughed nervously as he shuffled away from her slowly, I heard girls can get really murderous if pissed off when it's their time of the month...
Yu Yan huffed, exasperated, "You big idiot. I thought you were smarter than the rest."
When Ya Se did not reply and stayed quiet, Yu Yan hit his arm, "Wei, why are you so embarrassed? I'm not, why are you? It's a natural process, gosh."

 


~*~*~
 


"Xiao Yu, that's such a lovely piece of music," An Qi complimented as she closed her eyes and listened to Xiao Yu play the piano. He didn't reply and continued to play.
"Hey Xiao Yu..." she began slowly, "Could you play me the song you composed for me?"
Xiao Yu stopped playing to look at her, "That song?" he asked and she nodded her head.
"It's been a while since I last heard it, I miss it." she answered him as he began to play the melody he had created for her. "It's really beautiful."
A small smile formed on KO4's face as all he focused on right now was just An Qi and his piano.

After a few loops of that song, Xiao Yu stretched his fingers. "Do you think you could teach me how to play that song?" An Qi asked, "When I go back to the states, I won't be able to hear you play it for me anymore. So if I can learn to play it myself, I can think of all my friends in Zhong Ji Yi Ban and won't miss you all as much."
Xiao Yu nodded, "Okay."
"I'm not as good as you but I can play the piano a little bit," An Qi explained as Xiao Yu budged over the seat a bit to let An Qi sit closer to the piano.
"Then we can start with the right hand melody, if you can master that before the end of the week I can teach you the left hand chords." he told her before he began instructing her.


When An Qi pushed down on the keys, as soon as her fingers exerted a little force, she winced. "What's wrong?" Xiao Yu asked her but she shook her head and smiled. She tried again but winced once more although she did try to endure the pain. Worried, Xiao Yu looked at her hand to see that she had a bruise darkening on fingers from Yu Yan's slap earlier. Did Yu Yan really hit her that hard? he thought before taking An Qi's hand into his own. He delicately touched her fingers causing her to flinch, "Why didn't you say anything?" he asked her, softly massaging her fingers.
"It's really nothing, Xiao Yu," An Qi reassured him with a smile and pink cheeks before she took back her hand.
"But it's getting darker, it's pretty serious." he replied, "Let's go to the nurse's office."
"It's okay, I can handle it." An Qi insisted, "Don't worry about me, it'll go away with time."

"I'm sorry about Yu Yan," Xiao Yu began apologetically, "She's very solitary and violent to begin with but when you get to know her, she can be really nice. Don't take what she did to you to heart, she's like that with everyone."
"You seem to be quite good friends with her," An Qi commented.
"Why do you say that?" Xiao Yu asked.
"To defend Classmate Jiang, you actually spoke quite alot," An Qi giggled.
Xiao Yu blushed, "Are you teasing me?"
An Qi continued to laugh, "Xiao Yu, when I first met you, you were very quiet. But now it's nice to see you talking to me a bit more."
Xiao Yu's blush deepened in embarrassment, "I'm not a very talkative person unless I'm with people I'm close to," he explained in his defence.
"So you would count us as being close?" she questioned.
Xiao Yu's eyes widened and he chuckled with a brightened face, "We're good friends, aren't we?"
"Of course," An Qi smiled before Xiao Yu quickly stood up.
"Let's get you an ice pack, okay?" he said to her.
"Okay."

And the two left the music room.

As they walked quietly together through the school, the two heard a commotion outside and looked over.

"Ya Se Wang! Where are you taking me?!" Yu Yan yelled as she tried to hold her ground against Ya Se who was trying to drag her somewhere.
Ya Se huffed and pulled on her arm, "Come on! Let's go!"

An Qi tilted her head before giggling, "You three seem to get along well with Classmate Jiang."
Xiao Yu smiled a little as he looked over at Ya Se, "I guess so," he uttered.

"Ya Se Wang, are you looking for a beating?!" Yu Yan yelled at him, as she lost her footing in the grass and ended up being dragged away by King Arthur.
"I said I'll take you somewhere fun to make you feel better!" Ya Se exclaimed, "Stop struggling okay, Jiang Yu Yan?"
"What is so fun about Shakespeare?!" Yu Yan cried anime tears as she allowed herself to be pulled away. "Are you really going to leave your girlfriend behind?!"
"Don't worry, Wu Xiong won't mind!" Ya Se responded, "Now hurry up Yu Yan; you're like a sack of potatoes!"

Xiao Yu's small smile faded as he watched the two argue, "Let's go," he muttered and continued walking.



~*~*~



"YA SE WANG!" Yu Yan boomed in the theatre that Ya Se had dragged her off to, "Does it look like I want to listen to a stupid play?!"
"Come on Yu Yan!" Ya Se exclaimed, "Shakespeare's 'Macbeth' will definitely not disappoint you!"
"Have you forgotten that I can't see anything?!" she hissed back at him as the lights in the theatre began to dim.
"Shhhh, it's starting!" Ya Se said in a hushed voice, "Just listen and use your imagination to watch it."
Yu Yan sighed in defeat and grumbled to herself. Why did she allow herself to be dragged to some boring place by this Shakespeare lunatic? She sighed again, well atleast it was better than attending lessons for the rest of the day.

As the play began and the first few lines were being said, Yu Yan turned to Ya Se, "Hey Ya Se Wang, what's this play about?"
"SSSSSHHHH!" Ya Se shushed her, "It's about a soldier who wants to kill his cousin to become king after being told his future by some witches. I don't want to spoil it so just listen, I promise that you will definitely enjoy it!"
"I better," Yu Yan muttered almost threateningly.

 


~*~*~
 

 

"Xiao Yu, I can put it on myself. You don't have to do this." An Qi reassured as Xiao Yu took her hand and placed the ice pack over her fingers.
"I don't mind," he replied and then took her free hand and placed it on top of the ice pack to hold it in place, "Keep it on there to reduce the swelling."
An Qi felt her cheeks warm up at Xiao Yu's gentleness and nodded, "But it's a shame I won't be able to learn to play the piano."

Xiao Yu thought for a while before a light bulb flashed in his mind, "Do you have your phone with you?"
She nodded and handed it to him. Xiao Yu took out his own and then began tapping away on both the devices. He then handed it back to her, "Here, I transferred the song from my phone to yours through Bluetooth."
An Qi's face lit up, "Thank you! Now I can listen to it whenever I want!" Xiao Yu smiled as a result.

"Let's go have lunch now; Da Dong is probably waiting for us." Xiao Yu said and the two walked towards Zhong Ji Yi Ban.

 


~*~*~


Classes had resumed after lunch and everyone returned to their seats once Tian Xin entered. Xiao Yu went to his seat and looked around the classroom, Yu Yan isn't back yet?

Tian Xin was about to start the lesson when she noticed that two of her students were missing, "Where is Ya Se and Yu Yan?" she asked.
Da Dong shrugged, "Narcissist is probably late and Yu Yan is probably skipping class again."
Tian Xin sighed and put her hands on her hips, "You all promised to get into University but not many of you actually attend classes regularly!" she complained, "I really don't want to wait to start the lesson until all of you are here."

An Qi put her hand up, "Teacher, I don't think they'll be back. I saw them leave together."
"What? An Qi, are you sure you saw correctly?" Da Dong asked in disbelief, "Narcissist and Yu Yan? That's unbelievable."
"Xiao Yu saw them too!" An Qi answered.

Wu Xiong quickly jumped over to Da Dong's hammock, "Ya Se and Yu Yan?!" she growled.
"Ah... King Kong mei mei, don't worry! They're not like that!" Da Dong chuckled nervously in reassurance.

"Well it doesn't matter; I'm starting the lesson now!" Tian Xin announced before turning around to write on the chalkboard. “Everyone, please turn your English textbooks to page 54.”

Xiao Yu looked at Yu Yan's empty seat before slowly shifting his gaze to An Qi and then back to the front of the classroom.