Chapter 14: Challengers

KO One Re-Live

Yu Yan was fast asleep in her room that night when her father walked in quietly. He held a small lunch box that he had packed for Yu Yan to take to school the next day. He opened her school bag to find Xiao Yu's blazer spilling out of it. "Oh? What's my dear girl hiding from me?" he spoke, picking it up as a familiar smell wafted into his nose from the blue piece of clothing. A smirk found itself onto his face as he checked the name tag on the blazer, "Ding Xiao Yu," he read aloud, "Ding Yu Long, it seems that our paths will forever cross." A menacing chuckle escaped his lips.

 

~*~*~



Su Jia Li was 18 years old and a student of Little Apple High who looked exactly like Jiang Yu Yan. She had a battle index of 7000. She was walking to school that morning, earlier than usual, through a dark alley before being obstructed by a male in the Guava uniform. His face was covered with a mask and only his eyes and hair could be seen. "Excuse me, Classmate," she spoke, trying to push past him. However, the male slammed her into the wall without words, causing her to scream out in surprise.

"What is wrong with you?!" she exclaimed, as the male held her against the wall with his hand around her neck. She broke free from his grasp and then returned a punch to him. The two began battling out in the alleyway with Su Jia Li losing terribly. The fight ended with the male throwing off his blazer before knocking her out and stealing her battle points. He smirked leaving the girl sprawled on the floor, "I should kill you," he began, glancing over at the blazer he had purposely thrown, "but you will make things interesting I hope."


 

~*~*~



"Dong Ge!!!!" Jin Bao San exclaimed, running into the classroom that morning, "Dong Ge!!!"
"What is it?!" Da Dong yelled, "Why are you so noisy so early in the morning?!"
"We're in trouble!" he exclaimed, frantically, "Lots of students from other schools want a fight with us!"
Da Dong sat up straight, "What?"
"I said lots of people are here to fight you! They want to challenge you Dong Ge, Bao Bao is so scared!" Jin Bao San ran over to him and hugged his arm tightly.
Da Dong immediately shook him off and his head.

"So what are you going to do, mighty leader?" Yu Yan asked, rocking back on her chair with a small smirk.
Da Dong bit his lip in thought, "How many of them are there, Jin Bao San?"
"There's hundreds of them!" he exaggerated.
"About 15!" Xia La corrected quicky.
"Okay," Da Dong nodded before turning to Yu Yan, "15 shouldn't be too many for you to handle, right?"
Yu Yan raised an eyebrow, "What?" she laughed, "You want me to do your dirty work? Clear up your mess?"
"Egomaniac, are you sure you should send out Yu Yan?" Ya Se asked.
"Heh, it's all cool with me," Yu Yan announced, standing up, "My body's itching to fight anyway." And I can steal some yi neng whilst I'm at it she added in her mind.

"What? You're actually going to do it?" Sha Jie asked, "Da Dong, why would you ask her of all people?! Have you forgotten that I'm KO13?" she yelled angrily.
"Da Dong, are you sure?" Xiao Yu asked quietly.
"Trust me," Da Dong replied, relieved that Yu Yan agreed. Like this I can see her full power, he thought.

"No fighting is allowed!" Tian Xin entered the classroom, angry, "I don't want any of you to fight, understand? You should let the adults handle this!"
Da Dong groaned, "But Form Tutor, which adults can handle them? All the stupid teachers are scaredy cats!"
"I've called the police," she announced.
"What?!" Da Dong responded, "Why? That makes Zhong Ji Yi Ban look so bad and cowardly!"
"The police will handle this," Tian Xin spoke sternly; "It's neither your job nor your place to handle such a situation."
A series of groans chorused.

Yu Yan laughed, "Well I'm not bound any rules so excuse me whilst I go have some fun!"
"Classmate Jiang Yu Yan," Tian Xin exclaimed, "You too are a part of this class and I expect you to also follow the rules!"
"Rules aren't my style, old lady," Yu Yan replied before exiting the classroom using her super speed.
"Yu Yan!" Tian Xin called out, running after her.
"I guess we will see a fight after all," Ya Se spoke, following Da Dong and Xiao Yu out of the classroom. The rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban ran after them, eager to watch this fight.

"Wang Da Dong, come out and face us if you have the guts!"
"We'll kill you!"
"You bastard, show yourself!"
"We'll teach you a lesson!"
"Come out and face me!"
"You're a disgrace to all the KO Fighters!"
"I'm going to get my revenge!"

Angry shouts and curses floated in the air as Jiang Yu Yan approached the angry students. "Oooh, you're so noisy!" she exclaimed, sticking a finger in her ear and jumping onto the wall.
"Who the hell are you?!"
"Wang Da Dong, how dare you hide behind a girl!"
Jiang Yu Yan tutted mischievously, "So the puppies want to become the hound without defeating the cat? That's no good," her eyes glinted with menace as she spoke slowly in an amused tone.
"What's that supposed to mean?" one yelled.
"If you losers want to challenge Wang Da Dong, you'll have to get through me," she smiled devilishly.
"Alright, we'll take up any challenge! Just show us your battle index!"
"I don't see how that will help you but okay," she displayed her index of 5800 and the challengers around her laughed.

"5800? You must be kidding me!" one laughed.
"You're a joke!"
"We can beat you so easily!"
They all laughed and Yu Yan scoffed as she already knew their future moves through the power of her Peek-a-Boo-I-See-You Glass Eye. "You can laugh all you want, but I'll have the last laugh!" she announced, diving into the crowd of people.

Zhong Ji Yi Ban watched Jiang Yu Yan beat up the challengers in amazement. They underestimated her power because she was blind and now they were truly gobsmacked by her strength.

Xiao Yu furrowed his brows in thought, this isn't good. If the police come and catch Yu Yan, she'll certainly be in trouble. He wanted her to stop to prevent her from getting into trouble, he wanted to tell her to stop fighting but then he realised that even if she got into trouble, it wouldn't have an effect on her. That was the type of person she was. She wouldn't allow the police to scold her or to arrest her. She would probably explode at them and cause them to cower in fear at her feet. He laughed at the thought before getting weird looks from his brothers. He scratched the back of his head, chuckling awkwardly in embarrassment.

"You're so boring," Yu Yan exclaimed, looking down at the fallen challengers, who quickly scrambled to their feet and turned to run away. She dusted her hands slowly, "Well that wasn't fun at all!"
"Jiang Yu Yan!" Tian Xin yelled angrily, ready to scold her for disobeying her. However, the sudden arrival of a police car cut her off.
Zhong Ji Yi Ban watched two officers walk out of the car.

Xiao Yu turned to look at Yu Yan, worried if she was going to get in trouble. Yu Yan thought they would approach her and waste their time yelling at her but she was surprised when they walked past her. She followed the movements of the officers, hearing them walk over to Ding Xiao Yu. She looked at them, puzzled.

"Mr Ding Xiao Yu, you are under arrest."