Chapter 28: Chase

KO One Re-Live

"Listen up you two," Ya Se said over the phone the next morning, "For this to be successful; we have to carry out our plan carefully and properly."
Da Dong and Xiao Yu listened to him over their three way phone call.
"Xiao Yu, when you attend Su Jia Li's funeral make sure that people see you but don't interact with you. People need to know you're there but avoid any provocation." Ya Se instructed as he walked through the streets.
"But Narcissist, I don't get why Xiao Yu is the one who's going to the funeral. I'm Zhong Ji Yi Ban's leader, shouldn't I go?" Da Dong questioned as he put on his bicycle helmet whilst exiting his house.
"Egomaniac, if someone tries to provoke you, you'll easily give them what they want. Xiao Yu on the hand can control himself and won't give in to the pressure to fight." Ya Se replied, "Also, you're more of a hate target because of your position. No one is really accusing Xiao Yu of stealing battle points, its just you."
"But Xiao Yu was thought to be the Su Jia Li's murderer," Da Dong pointed out.
"Not everyone thinks that," Ya Se told him, "A few days after he was released, the police released a statement saying that Xiao Yu was framed."
"Okay, I understand." Da Dong wheeled his bike down the road.
"Xiao Yu, call us if anything happens. We'll be patrolling around the south of Taipei to find any suspicious looking people and possibly catch the attacker at work." Ya Se said in a hushed voice as he entered the car.
"Understood. You two be careful." Xiao Yu answered, "You guys don't have yi neng so avoid any unnecessary confrontation. Remember that we have to protect our own classmates later on today so you better not get injured."
"Okay, okay, Xiao Yu you worry wart," Da Dong laughed, "I have to get going now, I'll talk to you guys later. Bye."

 


~*~*~



Sha Jie was out skipping class alone. She was annoyed at Yu Yan and couldn't get her out of her mind. Jiang Yu Yan infuriated her. To calm her down and make herself feel better, she went out shopping to treat herself.

"That will be 8,500NT$ miss," the shopkeeper said as he handed Sha Jie several shopping bags over the counter.
Sha Jie pursed her lips as she dug through her purse for money. She sighed as she dropped the last of her money onto the counter and grabbed her bags and left.

A girl wearing a fancy pirate costume followed Sha Jie's movements through her matching masquerade mask. She smiled and followed her out before the shop keeper stopped her. "Classmate, is that some sort of cosplay you are doing?" he asked, leaning over he counter.
The girl looked at Sha Jie through the store window before turning to him, "Yes," she said simply with a nod, "I'm going to a costume party," she added before exiting the shop.

 


~*~*~
 


Ya Se walked down streets of South Taipei, walking around quiet and dark areas where attacks were prone to happen. He had sent his men to patrol as well as he could not be in all places at one time.

Walking out of alleyway, he looked at his watch, 8:58am he read in his mind, I wonder if Egomaniac has found anything yet... I wonder how Xiao Yu's doing. Suddenly, a scream echoed out of an abandoned car park that was opposite him. Quickly, he ran across the road, dialling Da Dong's number on his phone. When Da Dong did not answer the call, he quickly sent him his location through a text message whilst he searched behind the buildings around the car park.

"Who the hell are you?" He heard a familiar voice and as he turned a corner, he saw Sha Jie standing before a girl in a pirate costume. Behind her lay a girl in a Little Apple High's school uniform that had blood pouring out of her like a hose. The girl was covered in bruises and her clothes were torn suggesting extreme violence had taken place.

Ya Se Wang felt his throat tighten and get thicker as his stomach churned at the sight of the almost butchered girl whose body was sprawled lifelessly on the bloodied grounds. When he got over his sudden paralysis, he ran over to Sha Jie, "What are you doing here?!" he hissed, pulling out his sword in stone.
"Ya Se Wang?!" Sha Jie exclaimed, "Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?!"
"Forget it, what happened?" He asked her as he looked at the girl in the pirate costume.
She smirked at him and held out her palm. On her palm sat a sphere of orange yi neng, "I stole her yi neng, that's what happened." She laughed, menacingly.

“Ya Se Wang, I have yi neng, I'll deal with her. You help that girl!" Sha Jie said to Ya Se through telepathy.
Ya Se looked at her, unable to reply and reluctantly nodded before he ran over to the girl. He quickly dialled a number on his phone, calling an ambulance.

Sha Jie summoned her weapon and displayed her battle points.
"You're no match for me," the girl walked up to her face and laughed before vanishing using her super speed.
Sha Jie growled as she gave chase with own super speed but it was too hard to catch up with this girl because she kept weaving her way through buildings and people.

Her agility is better than mine! Sha Jie then found herself bumping into the pirate who had stopped abruptly.

"Why not turn a foe into a friend?" the pirate girl said playfully, before putting out her hand. It glowed a dark green which caused Sha Jie's body to be engulfed in the same light.
"What... What are you doing?!" Sha Jie shrieked as she felt her body being lifted up from the ground.
"Stealing your battle points of course!" The girl continued to laugh as though it was a game. She smirked as she listened to Sha Jie's screams as though they were music. She laughed and laughed, what a bonus! Father will be proud! she smiled happily.

Sha Jie felt herself fading in and out of consciousness and her heart pleaded for anyone to help her. She didn't want to lose her yi neng. If she did, she would lose her power and influence in Zhong Ji Yi Ban; her sisters, Tao Zi and Lin Da wouldn't see her as the elder sister anymore and worst of all, she would be mocked and ridiculed by Jiang Yu Yan who would laugh in her face calling her weak. She hated Jiang Yu Yan and hated losing to her, but that's what always seemed to happen now. She lost to her on a regular basis. She hated to admit that Yu Yan was stronger than her, that she was smarter than her, that Da Dong liked her more, that she was prettier than her. She hated Jiang Yu Yan for all the better qualities she had. She didn't understand how such a cold and heartless person had three handsome guys on her doorstep wanting to be friends with her. She completely despised it. She hated Jiang Yu Yan with a fiery passion for stealing all her best qualities from her. All the hate for Yu Yan bubbled in her heart and she screamed out in rage as tears of pathos streamed down her face in frustration.

Suddenly, a helmet adorned in sharp spikes shot through the air at an incredible speed and hit the pirate dressed girl on her torso, knocking her to the ground. As a result, Sha Jie dropped to the floor, gasping for air.

An engine revved and Sha Jie looked up to see Wang Da Dong blow away the imaginary smoke that came off his dragon tattooed pan which he had used as a racket to launch his helmet at the enemy. He sat on his motorcycle confidently, revving its engine. He gave her a comforting smile and a small nod before looking at the girl who staggered backwards. "Da Dong..." Sha Jie whispered, thankfully.

The girl who was dressed as a pirate touched her torso as the helmet dropped onto the floor. She watched the fabric become soaked in red. She looked up at Da Dong slowly but angrily. "Wang Da Dong," she spat, "It's too early for us to fight." She glared at him before running away using her super speed. As she was now injured, her super speed didn't allow her to travel as fast as she previously had done. This allowed Da Dong to chase her on his motorcycle at its fastest speed.

Determined to catch her, Da Dong zoomed through the streets, ignoring the traffic lights. He felt rushes of wind blow through his hair and the sheer speed he was travelling at clouded his vision, making it harder for him to exactly perceive his surroundings. Damn it, he cursed, Damn it! Behind him the sounds of police sirens blared through the air as he drove onto the sidewalks. Da Dong groaned but pushed further. He had to catch that girl even if he got into trouble with the police. He didn't care. His motorcycle hopped over the sidewalk and Da Dong drove through a street market at super speed, knocking over crates of fruit and vegetables whilst he tried his best to dodge the pedestrians who jumped out of his way in fear.

Yu Tong, the girl who was dressed in the pirate costume, looked back at Da Dong in disbelief. "He's still giving chase?!" she whispered, amazed, "Why doesn't he give up?!”

 


~*~*~




"Don't hit my head." Xiao Yu said as students at the cemetery hit his head.
"Oh we'll hit your head alright!" a large boy knocked his fist against Xiao Yu's head, making him stumble backwards.

Xiao Yu looked at all the angry students that circled and crowded around him. How had he gotten into this mess again?

[Flashback]

Xiao Yu had followed everyone out to the cemetery after the ceremony. So far, everything on his end of the plan was going fine. He had tried to talk to a few people who had recognised him even though he did try and stay low-key. The only information he had gotten so far was that Su Jia Li had lived alone and occasionally her little cousin would come and stay with her due to family problems. He also found out that she had dated a guy 2 years older than her and who was a ex student of Ba Le High School, but after she had broken up with him, he had abused her. The information he had received didn't really scream out a reason as to why she would be attacked nor did it give him any clues.

He sighed as he placed a bouquet of flowers beside Su Jia Li's gravestone before her photograph caught his eye. He looked at it and furrowed his brows. He leaned forwards to have a better look, he looked at it deeply. Su Jia Li had long black curls and straight and short fringe that covered her forehead. He then thought back to Yu Yan who had a completely different hairstyle but had a similar face.
Yu Yan...? Are these two related? They look really similar... he thought before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Oi kid, what do you think you're doing?" a voice snarled and Xiao Yu looked upwards, only to be pulled up by his arm.
"Sorry," he bowed his head in apology.

When the student saw his face, surprise bloomed on his face, "Yaoming de Xiao Yu?" he gasped before his surprise turned to anger. "You have some nerve coming here!" he yelled, pushing him backwards. Xiao Yu staggered backwards as a crowd began to gather.

"Is that Ding Xiao Yu?" a voice whispered.
"No way, KO4?"
"Isn't he from Zhong Ji Yi Ban? What's he doing here?"
"Is Wang Da Dong and Ya Se Wang here too?"

The boy glared down at Xiao Yu, being bigger in build and taller than him. "Why are you here?!" he hissed as his friends joined him.
"I'm here to pay my respects," Xiao Yu replied, just staring ahead.
"Really? Pay your respects?" the boy repeated, "You murdered her and got away with it and now you want to pay your respects?!"
"I didn't murder her." Xiao Yu responded, pushing past them.
The boy's friends grabbed him whilst he barked, "Jia Li told me to my face that it was you! Just minutes before she died she told me to my face so don't even try it!" He then hit Xiao Yu's head.


[End of Flashback]

"Don't hit my head," Xiao Yu repeated, shooting icicles at him.
"Or what?!" One of the guys dared as he hit Xiao Yu's head.
"Come on then, Life-Taking Xiao Yu, show us your mighty power!" another provoked.
"If you dare murder my best friend then why don't you dare fight back?!" the guy, Lan Bing, yelled at him, using his yi neng to punch Xiao Yu.

A red liquid spluttered out of his mouth as he crashed into several grave stones. Coughing, he slowly stood up, "I told you not to hit my head."

Lan Bing stomped over to him, "Or what? Going to murder me too?" he leaned in to punch him once more but when he threw the punch, something stopped him. Xiao Yu looked up when no impact came and he saw a girl with pig tails standing in front of him, holding back Lan Bing's fist.

"Yu Yan..." Xiao Yu breathed.
Yu Yan threw back his fist, snapping his wrist backwards in the process. Lan Bing retracted his now throbbing his fist, "Who the hell are you?!" he shouted.

"My name is Jiang Yu Yan, Su Jia Li's cousin," Yu Yan replied, though it was just a bluff to buy some time. As the spectators looked at each other confused, Yu Yan seized this chance to grab Xiao Yu's hand, "Little Fish, get ready to run."

And with that, Yu Yan shot off into the distance using her super speed, pulling Xiao Yu along with her.