Chapter 47: Gou Gou

KO One Re-Live

"Little Blue?" Da Dong called out as he wandered around the park the next morning.
"Where are you Little Blue?!" yelled Ya Se who searched around bushes.
Yu Yan followed behind Xiao Yu, yawning. Guilt sat at the pit of her stomach as she listened to her friends look around for the bird she had killed last night. She was awfully silent that morning and couldn't bring herself to even say anything as she could feel how hurt the three boys were at Little Blue's disappearance. "...Why are you so desperate for a bird?" she spoke up, clearing to return to her usual composure. "Didn't you get all your information yesterday?"

Xiao Yu turned back to her, "Little Blue is our friend and Pigeon Lady's precious companion - we have to find him for her," he replied, frantically digging through bushes.
Ya Se jumped down from the tree he climbed, "That's right. Little Blue is the only one who keeps Pigeon Lady company day and night, without him she's very lonely. We can't have her coming back from the hospital to fight her beloved friend gone," he added as he dusted his hands.
Da Dong ran over to them desperately, "Yu Yan, can you use your echolocation to try and locate him?" he pleaded.
"Who says he's even here!" she barked in response, "Wasn't he at your house, why would he be here?"
"Please!" Da Dong begged and put his hands together.
Yu Yan gritted her teeth before kissing her teeth, "Geez you're all so restless all for a bird."
"Yu Yan, please?" Xiao Yu asked softly, "Little Blue is important to us too."
Yu Yan scrunched up her face, "I'll do my best," she muttered before pointing in the direction of any birds she could sense. It's useless, he's dead. You won't find him, she said in her mind.

Solemnly, the trio trudged to school with Yu Yan trailing behind them. After searching for a long time, they had had no luck and classes were starting so they had to go to school. Disappointed, Da Dong kicked a pebble onto the road with a heavy sigh.
"Hey what's going on over there?" Ya Se wondered as he looked over at a group of students in cream coloured blazers heading towards their school.
Looking up, Da Dong replied, "Those are Banana High students... what are they doing at Guava?"
Xiao Yu slowed down, "They have hostile auras," he pointed out, "We should be careful."

"There they are!" An angry shout erupted and a tall Banana High student pointed at them.
Yu Yan rocked her head back, "Oh god, they're here to fight aren't they?" she groaned.
As soon as she said that, an energy beam shot through the air and struck Wang Da Dong. Taken by surprise, blood splurted out of his mouth and his body hit the floor.
"Egomaniac!"
"Da Dong!"

Da Dong slowly got to his feet, "I'm okay," he reassured as he wiped away the blood using the back of his hand.
Relieved that he was okay, Ya Se then turned to the Banana High students who approached them, "What do you think you're doing?!" he yelled at them.
Yu Yan scratched the back of her head, "Well that was a pretty accurate shot haha," she laughed awkwardly.

The one who had attacked walked to the front and stood before them, "We want to destroy you Wang Da Dong before you corrupt our high school realm with Zhong Ji Yi Ban!" he shouted angrily, "Fight me one on one if you're not scared!"

Wang Ya Se scoffed before the camera zoomed into his face and classical music began to play in the background. "Oh no, brace yourselves," Yu Yan shook her head with a sigh.
"Bernard Shaw said: 'I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it.'" he proclaimed as looks of confusion rose amongst the Bananas, "Egomaniac, let's leave them, they're just trying to provoke you. We shouldn't waste our precious time on these good-for-nothings."
"Ya Se Wang! How dare you look down on us!" one Banana exclaimed.
"You're the ones who should be looked down upon - you guys steal yi neng from innocent people in such inhumane ways!" a girl spat.
"Don't think that just because you have money you can hide your crimes!" someone else yelled.
Yu Yan smirked, "Hey Golden Monkey, you want me to deal with them before you humiliate them personally?"
"No need-"
The challenger cut Da Dong off, "Wang Da Dong, I'm challenging you - not your weaker underdogs! Don't look down on me!"
Da Dong put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, "I never said I was going to fight you. I have to attend classes right now, sorry. Please excuse me," he then pushed past him.
"Wang Da Dong! We won't let you off that easily!" A girl exclaimed, throwing a punch at him at a fast speed. Due to his quick reflexes, Da Dong managed to pull out his dragon tattooed pan fast enough to shield himself from her punch.

"There it is!" one Banana gasped, "The dragon tattooed pan - the attacker really is Wang Da Dong!"
The tall Banana who had spoken first growled, "Bananas, attack them! Take them all down!" he ordered.
Instantly, the group of Bananas rushed at the four friends. Abruptly, a pillar of golden light shot down in front of the four friends, blinding the Bananas and Guavas. When the light cleared away, a girl (Selina Jen) stood there, wearing a white dress. Stunned, the Bananas watched her turn around and snap her fingers, making herself and the four Guavas disappear into thin air.

The four reappeared in a grand hall that had expensive interior designs. The girl smiled as the boys gazed around in absolute astonishment. "Who are you and where are we?" Ya Se asked, "This place is even more lavish than my mansion!"
The girl snorted, "Well of course it is, this is Meng Zhu's palace!" she informed as the boys' jaws fell.
"M-Meng Zhu???" Da Dong repeated.
"Of the Gold Dimension?" Ya Se added.
"A new Meng Zhu's been appointed so quickly?" Yu Yan wondered as she slowly span around to feel around the room with her echolocation.

"That's right," the girl nodded, "I am Selina, one of Meng Zhu's officials and I am here to deliver you to him as he wants to talk to you."
"Meng Zhu wants to see us?" Xiao Yu asked, "Why us?"
"Why me?" Yu Yan interrupted, "You made a mistake bringing me along," she huffed.
Selina looked at her up and down before she frowned, "You are indeed correct. I thought it was best to bring you along however as you seemed to be in the middle of a brawl. You should be grateful."
"A bit blunt aren't you?" commented Yu Yan, sarcastically.
"Feel free to stay here whilst I Wang Da Dong, Wang Ya Se and Ding Xiao Yu to Gou Gou Meng Zhu," Selina continued as she gestured over to a row of expensive looking cushioned chairs that were lined up along the side of a wall.
Yu Yan stuffed her hands into her pockets and kissed her teeth as she walked over to the chairs, "Feel free to take me home," she spat.

"Gou Gou Meng Zhu?" Da Dong repeated, "Is that Meng Zhu's name, Sabrina?"
"Yes it is, Wang Da Dong," she nodded, "And my name is 'Selina' not 'Sabrina'," she corrected.
Da Dong chuckled, "Ah sorry Sabrina, they sound the same."
"It is Selina!" repeated Selina, "And they do not sound anything alike."
Xiao Yu smiled at Da Dong before turning to Selina, "Doesn't Gou Gou mean 'Doggie'?" he chuckled, "Why would Meng Zhu have such a name?"
Selina shot him a look which caused him to stop laughing and avoid her gaze.
"You will see when you meet him, now come on. We are already late," she replied before walking ahead with the three boys following behind.

The four of them walked down a long and narrow passage and into a small but luxurious garden. As they walked, Da Dong broke the silence, "Hey Alyna, will Yu Yan be okay? She can't see anything, what if she gets lost?"
A tick mark appeared on Selina's forehead but she smiled away her irritation, "It is Selina,"
"Her name is Yu Yan," Da Dong said as he looked around.
"No, I mean my name is Selina!" she huffed, "Please don't forget!"
Ya Se grinned, "At least he was closer than before," he commented.
Selina sighed before pushing open a large glass door that lead to a large and open field. "Meng Zhu, they are here," she announced.

The boys looked around the empty field, seeing nothing and no one in sight. "There's no one here..." Ya Se muttered.
"Welcome highschoolers!" a deep voice boomed, shaking the boys out of their skins.
The boys looked around but couldn't find where the voice was coming from.

"Meng Zhu I apologise I am late," Selina bowed politely.
Da Dong looked up, "Is he invisible?" he whispered to his brothers.
Xiao Yu shrugged as he couldn't see him either.
"Down here!" the voice of Gou Gou Meng Zhu boomed and then the boys looked down to see a small Shih Tzu dog. The eyes of the trio widened and they all screamed out in surprise at this talking dog that looked like a dog.

"A talking dog?!" Ya Se exclaimed.
"The Meng Zhu of the gold dimension is... a dog?!" Xiao Yu asked bewildered as he rubbed his eyes.
"How cute! He looks like a toy!" Da Dong beamed and crouched down to pet the small dog. He smiled and pat his head, "Who's a good doggie?" he gushed as he scratched his chin.
Gou Gou smiled, "Ah that feels good!" he woofed before rolling over onto his back so that Da Dong could tickle his belly.
"Wang Da Dong!" Selina barked, "How dare you treat Meng Zhu like a dog!"
Standing straight, he looked at her with a puzzled expression, "But he is a dog, Sally. Don't all dogs like tummy rubs?"
"It is Selina!" she fumed, "And Meng Zhu is no ordinary dog! He is the ruler of this dimension so you must treat him with respect, not as if he is some house pet!"
Da Dong nodded slowly, taken aback by her sudden anger; "Uh... okay?" he chuckled awkwardly.

"Meng Zhu, please be serious," Selina continued, scolding the dog.
Gou Gou cleared his throat as he jumped onto all four paws. He looked up at all of them to speak before Selina interrupted.
"Get onto your knees, boys, you are in the presence of Meng Zhu!" she ordered and the trio got onto one knee quickly.

Gou Gou smiled, "I hope you three had a safe journey here," he began.
"We did, thank you Meng Zhu," Ya Se answered on behalf of his brothers.
"I don't want to keep your friend waiting so I will get straight to the point," Gou Gou continued.
"You know about Yu Yan?" Xiao Yu asked, looking down at the small dog.
"I'm the Meng Zhu, of course I know everything," he replied with a woof. "Anyway, I called you here to tell you to stop investigating the yi neng muggings."
"What?" Da Dong exclaimed, "I mean, I beg your pardon?!"
"You three are ma guas and although I know that you are at the centre of it all due to all the accusations so want to prove your innocence, I simply cannot allow that." Gou Gou explained, "It's too dangerous and is not your place. This incident is not as simple as it seems, there are many people involved with even bigger plans."
"But Meng Zhu, we want to help-" Da Dong was cut off.
"Do not dare to interrupt Meng Zhu," scolded Selina.

"I know you have good intentions but too many things have happened as a result. You want to help but end up causing even more problems," Gou Gou replied, "I know that fighting is a normal thing amongst yi neng xing zhe's especially due to the KO Ranking, however, I cannot let life or death brawls slide by. The public has already been affected by the doings of yi neng xing zhes greatly, especially due to your chase a while back and the attack at Taipei 101. Both incidents have scared the public - who are mainly ma guas, and a lot of damage has been caused. S.H.E were lucky to escape with minor injuries but they had to be hospitalised: many fans are angry about this, like Selina over here who is a very big fan of Selina Jen. Our top priority must be the protection of ordinary ma guas and peace."
The trio remained silent, fighting the urge to retort.

"I know that it is unreasonable of me to stop your investigations but it is better and safer this way. KO WORLD is filled with rumours about Zhong Ji Yi Ban because you three are at the centre of major events in the high school world. Stopping your investigation will keep you out of the spotlight and reduce rumours as well as any additional problems." Gou Gou continued seriously, "In the mean time, you should return to your normal high school lives and go back to focusing on getting into University. I have my people, who are more professionally qualified, investigating this whole situation."

"Meng Zhu, I understand that but-" Da Dong desperately cut in.
"I know you want to protect your friends and classmates as the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban and as KO3, but staying out of trouble and not interfering with out private investigations will keep you safer than investigating on your own," Gou Gou reassured, "Our gold dimension yi neng protection centre is also working and I will station guards at each school to protect everyone."
"We understand," Ya Se nodded in a low voice.
"That's good," Meng Zhu smiled, "I understand you must be annoyed with this but it is an order. We don't want the peaceful coexistence between ma guas and yi neng xing zhes to break away, we need them to trust us and believe that we can solve this problem."
The trio nodded silently.


"There one final thing I must say before I dismiss you," he paused before turning to Ya Se, "Wang Ya Se, I understand that you are the one who is keeping the files with all the information from your investigations, I am going to confiscate it and give it to my dimensional guards to use."
Ya Se's eyes widened, "But Meng Zhu-"
"Selina will come to you later, please have it ready for her to collect," he said sternly, "You are dismissed."
"Meng Zhu-" Da Dong was cut off when Selina snapped her fingers and they were suddenly back in the grand hall.

"You're back finally," Yu Yan said, relieved, "I was getting bored." Sensing their negative auras and gloom, she laughed, "What's up with you guys? Why so glum?"
Da Dong kissed his teeth, rolling his eyes back, "We'll explain at school," he muttered.

Soon they were back at the school gates with a snap of Selina's fingers. As they walked to Zhong Ji Yi Ban, Da Dong explained everything to Yu Yan. "This is outrageous!" Ya Se exclaimed, "How can Meng Zhu order us to do such a thing?"
Yu Yan sighed, remaining silent. There's a pro and con to this. The good thing is that my identity is safe for now, but the bad thing is that I can't control the investigation and interfere when it gets risky. I might get exposed sooner than I think with all of Meng Zhu's spies... She kissed her teeth, annoyed.
"So what do we do now, Da Dong?" Xiao Yu asked, "We don't have our resources anymore and Meng Zhu has spies watching us to make sure we stop investigating."
Da Dong groaned, "Here I thought Meng Zhu was a cute and lovable little dog, but who knew he could be like this?!"
"He does have good intentions..." Yu Yan trailed off, "But there are certain things adults won't be able to pick up on that youngsters can and vise versa..." she muttered, in thought.”Is it really for the best...?" she asked in reference to herself and her own protection.
"I don't care what Meng Zhu says. We'll start from scratch and continue our investigation in secret!" Da Dong exclaimed as they entered the classroom.
Xiao Yu sweat dropped at his loud volume.
"Why don't you say it louder, Egomaniac?!" Ya Se hissed, sarcastically, "Announce it to the whole world even!"

As all the students in Zhong Ji Yi Ban looked at them with confused faces, Da Dong sweat dropped and laughed awkwardly before heading over to his hammock.