Chapter 52: Switched

KO One Re-Live

"Morning-" Xiao Yu didn't finish his words when he awoke the next morning as Yu Yan rushed out of the flat without acknowledging him. "Where is she going so early in the morning?" he muttered to himself before shrugging.
 


~*~*~
 

                            
Da Dong slowly went down the stairs in his house early that morning, holding onto a large cardboard box. He avoided his parents who would force him to have Yu Yan's failed cookies for breakfast. As he was in a hurry to get out, he didn't notice Yu Yan in his living room with Wang Mama.

 


~*~*~



When Jin Bao San arrived that morning to school, only a few students were there as it was still early. When he stepped foot into the classroom he screamed out of shock at the redecoration of Zhong Ji Yi Ban's classroom. He saw painted rock caterpillars in every corner of the classroom and on every table and on every desk was a painted rock marker with the student's name on it in fancy calligraphy. Instead of the lights lighting the room, there were candle holders made out of rocks holding small candles that lit up the room with a dim glow.

"What?!?!??!?!" was all he could exclaim after seeing so many rocks and rock items. As he hurried over to his desk to look at his marker, Wang Da Dong, Ya Se Wang and Tian Hong Guang walked in holding a cardboard box each - the three of them all had panda eyes from little to no sleep. As they set the boxes down at the front, other students filed in slowly. Multiple question marks hovered above the students as they watched the three silently. "I'll go get the last box," Da Dong said to the two and they nodded as a response.

"What's this?" Sha Yu asked as he poked the sculpture of a teddy bear made out of painted rocks.
Wu Xiong picked up the stone marker with her name on it and smelled it all over.
Sha Jie screamed when she saw the creepy caterpillars around the classroom and Liang Zhi inspected every single rock item in the room.
"What's all this?" Tian Xin asked as she flicked on the classroom lights. She walked over to her chair, eyeing her students suspiciously.

Jin Bao San felt his nose and ear twitch and he heard the footsteps of someone powerful with a strong aura coming towards Zhong Ji Yi Ban. He could hear the clunk of the heavy footsteps and assumed it to be Da Dong as this was the aura he typically displayed. "Dong Ge is back! He'll surely tell us what's going on!" he exclaimed before furrowing his brows, "Wait, but Dong Ge looked so tired when he left just now, why would he have the aura of a strong hero so suddenly?" he muttered aloud.

"Jin Bao San, shut your trap," barked a cold voice.
Ya Se and Bao San looked towards the door - the front entrance to Zhong Ji Yi Ban - and instantly released manly screams of shock and terror. "Ding Xiao Yu?!" they both exclaimed with their eyes popping out of their sockets.

Xiao Yu kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes as he looked at his classmates with a bored gaze. His bangs were gelled back, exposing his forehead, and his face was framed by some loose strands of hair. [A/N: Imagine him with Ya Se's hairstyle in The X Family - kinda like Lan Ling Wang's.] He wore a black vest with a single white stripe running across his chest and his blazer was ed over it with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and collar unfolded. A silver chain hung around his neck. His trousers were tucked into his black boots and created an air of intimidation when he walked over to his desk. Everyone stared at his transformation in complete shock.

"H-Hey... Classmate Ding Xiao Y-Yu..." Jin Bao San stuttered and his face went pale when Xiao Yu shot him an ice cold glare.
"What?!" he hissed back at the class monitor.
"Why do you look like Dong Ge and Ya Se Wang's baby?!" Jin Bao San exclaimed in horror.
"AAAAGH!" Da Dong's voice yelled. Da Dong stood at the door, completely taken aback by Xiao Yu's sudden change. He looked at his own clothes and then looked at Xiao Yu and then back at himself. "Xiao Yu, did you get lost in my wardrobe or something?!" he exclaimed, putting the box he was holding on the floor and rushing over to his brother.

Xiao Yu rolled his eyes back and put his feet up on his desk, "No, but did you get lost at the zoo?" he responded, referring to Da Dong's panda eyes.
Da Dong's mouth dropped open wide and he stared at his brother's attitude, utterly speechless. Xiao Yu cracked a smile, "I'm kidding, what's up with all these rocks?" he asked.
Da Dong leaned into his face and examined him, "What's up with you?" he corrected.
He scoffed, "What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine," he shrugged and closed his eyes, "I'll be napping now if you don't mind."
Da Dong's eyes widened and he slowly nodded before walking over to the front of the classroom.

"Everyone, we have prepared some gifts for you all!" Da Dong exclaimed as Ya Se and Hong Guang joined him at the front of the classroom.
"Better than all these rocks?" Sha Jie asked, as she too sniffed her customised rock marker, "These have an odd smell."

Before Da Dong could reply, Jin Bao San broke out, "I hear a beautiful girl coming!" he exclaimed as he started becoming excited, "Is it a new transfer student?!"
Tian Xin looked at him before replying, "I'm not aware of any new students."
"She has the aura of an angel!" Jin Bao San continued, "I'm getting tingles!!!"
"An angel?" Xiao Yu repeated with his eyes closed, "It's probably the angel of death coming to take you to hell," he scoffed.
This time everyone's mouths dropped open at Xiao Yu's remark - why was he being so out of character today?
"Xiao Yu~ You're so mean today!" Jin Bao San wailed.

But before anyone could say anything more, a warm and soft voice rang in everyone's ears. "Good morning everyone!"
Everyone's eyes then shot to the front and was glued on a sunny looking girl - Jiang Yu Yan. She wore Zhong Ji Yi Ban's female uniform, her skirt was neat and wasn't too short or too long, her shirt was was ironed and neat and her black hair was straightened and fell over her shoulders. A small white butterfly hairclip held her bangs to the side to stop them falling over her eyes. On her face was a smile and an air of beauty and innocence radiated off her.

Upon seeing her glowing with a cheerfulness, the girls, Ya Se and Da Dong screamed in surprise: "AAAAAAAGH!"
"Jiang Yu Yan?!?!??!?!?!?????" Da Dong and Ya Se exclaimed simultaneously as their eyes just popped out of their sockets, fell to the floor and rolled towards Yu Yan's feet.
Xiao Yu opened an eye at all the commotion and upon seeing Yu Yan looking so feminine and fragile, his cheeks warmed up a blush painted them. He opened both eyes and just stared at her, Yu Yan....? he thought, confused by her sudden transformation.

Jin Bao San quickly tip toed over to her and looked her up and down, "Why do you look so much like a girl?" he asked, feeling slightly scared just in case she lashed out at him.
She giggled and smiled at him, "What do you mean Jin Bao San? I am a girl," she then walked over to her desk. As she neared her desk, she could feel Xiao Yu's change in aura and question marks popped up in her head. Why does he give off the feeling of Da Dong and Ya Se's love child? she asked herself before shuddering.

"I have to admit, if Jiang Yu Yan wasn't so aggressive, I would pursue her," she heard Sha Yu whisper to Jin Bao San and his friends.
Jin Bao San then hit his head with a slipper, "Nonsense! She's way out of your league!" he exclaimed in a hushed voice.
"Yeah! She needs a man like me!" Xiao La added in a whisper.

Xiao Yu felt a vein pop on his forehead and he threw his rock marker at them. He rolled his eyes as the rock landed between them and caused them to jump back in shock, "Shut up already, you're so noisy!" he barked at them.
"You idiots!" Jin Bao San yelled at them in a low voice, "Jiang Yu Yan is Ding Xiao Yu's woman, don't mess with her!"
Yu Yan felt a scoff escape her lips and she rolled her eyes, amused. "Da Dong, weren't you saying you had gifts for everyone?" she asked in an angelic voice.

Da Dong's eyes widened and he quickly shifted over behind Ya Se, "I see her as a brother, but why am I feeling so nervous when I look at her...?" he whispered to Ya Se, shuddering at the thought.

"I get what you mean, Egomaniac, I'm not used to seeing her looking like an actual girl," Ya Se responded quietly.
Hong Guang leaned in between them, "Makes you feel like you have be polite around her now, right?" he added in a low voice and the two nodded.

"Stop whispering over there, if you have something to say to us then go on," Xiao Yu spoke up before releasing a bored yawn.
Yu Yan had a bubbly expression engraved onto her face and practically gave off a rays of sunshine that lit up the already brig classroom. Trying her best to keep up with this new self of hers, she sat quietly at her desk doing her best not to fall asleep.

Hong Guang cleared his throat, "The three of us prepared some gifts for you all last night," he began.
"What's the occasion?" Liang Zhi asked.
"There's no particular reason," Ya Se replied, "We just had... an abundant supply of um..."
"Raw materials!" Da Dong finished, "So we stayed up all night making useful things with them."
Tian Xin gestured to all the rocks around the classroom, "Could they perhaps be rock art?"
Da Dong chuckled awkwardly, "Ban Dao," he started as he lifted up a beautifully designed stone candle holder, "This is for you."
"Oh Da Dong, it's so beautiful and creative - thank you so much, I love it!" she said with a warm smile that made a pink blush dust over Da Dong's cheeks.

Ya Se walked over to Jin Bao San and his friends with red and white buckets filled with painted gold nuggets, "These are for you money loving freaks," he said and placed the biggest bucket in front of Jin Bao San.
"Oh Ya Se Wang!" he gushed happily, "These gold nuggets complement me so perfectly!" [A/N: Jin = Gold]
"Yeah, they're fake just like you," he smirked before walking back to the front.
Hong Guang walked over to Liang Zhi, Xia Ba and Yun Han and gave them colour mosaic garden rocks that were decorated in gems and sparkles, "These are for you," he said with a smile.

Ya Se walked over to Wu Xiong and placed a basket of cute painted ladybug rocks on her desk, "For you, Wu Xiong. They're cute just like you," he smiled and instantly a rainbow of colours flashed out of Ya Se and Wu Xiong making everyone, even Yu Yan, throw on sunglasses.

"These golden nuggets earrings are for you three," Da Dong explained, handing a pair of earrings each to Sha Jie, Tao Zi and Lin Da.
Ya Se and Hong Guang handed out the remaining presents to the rest of the students, leaving only Yu Yan and Xiao Yu. "Xiao Yu," Da Dong walked over to him with a stone birdhouse, "We know you were the closest to Little Blue so we made you this in memory of him," he explained in a quieter voice. Xiao Yu took the birdhouse into his hands and looked at it with a blank expression, "Thanks, I appreciate it," he responded with a small smile.

"And Yu Yan!" Ya Se jumped over to her with a small blue bag, "We made you some balls you can throw at things when you're pissed off!"
Yu Yan's lips curled upwards and she giggled, "Thank you, I appreciate the thought," she responded, "I don't think I'll use them anytime soon but I'll gladly accept them."
"Huh?" Ya Se tilted his head in confusion at her response.
"After all, Shakespeare did say: 'Do not plunge thyself too far in anger,'" she added with a smile and classical music playing behind her.
Ya Se's face became as blank as a plain sheet of paper. He then became a walking question mark. He understood Shakespeare but not when his words came out of Jiang Yu Yan's mouth!!

Ya Se slowly nodded, dumfounded, and waked over to his desk before glancing over at Xiao Yu. "Oh and guys," Da Dong spoke up, "Your gifts are all supposed to be edible... but I don't think you should eat them..." he muttered.
Yu Yan raised an eyebrow at him before sniffing the stones. She giggled and then popped one into and swallowed it. "Were my cookies that bad?" she asked with a faint giggle, "But I'm glad you found a use for them, I don't think anyone could stomach these!" she chuckled.

"Cookies?" Xiao Yu repeated before sniffing his birdhouse, "Da Dong, you made all these out of Yu Yan's cookies?" he questioned, "Why would you waste such perfectly good cookies?"
Da Dong sweat dropped, "Xiao Yu, you've got it all wrong. You're cookies came out perfect after all these practice cookies that I have a mountain of at home!" he exclaimed, before feeling nauseous, "Do you know how many times I threw up after eating such horrid and vile cookies??!?!?"
Yu Yan giggled, "I'm sorry Da Dong," she apologised sincerely, "You should have thrown them all away."

Xiao Yu snorted, amused, "So only I got to taste the good ones?" he asked, leaning over his desk.
"Of course," Da Dong huffed, "Because of you I'm failed eating cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner!"
Xiao Yu smirked, "Ha, tough luck."
Yu Yan turned to Da Dong, "Da Dong, don't worry. I'm an expert now, I'll definitely make you some cookies as an apology when I get home, okay?"
"Yu Yan, you can't give away my breakfast, lunch and dinner to a golden monkey," Xiao Yu interrupted, "Da Dong, be grateful that you even got cookies from Yu Yan," he laughed.

The rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban just watched them, feeling so confused. Hong Guang chuckled before turning to Tian Xin, "Jie, is Zhong Ji Yi Ban always this interesting?"
She released a small and tired smile, "It's not Zhong Ji Yi Ban if things like this don't happen right?" Her smile then grew into a large one before she walked to the front of the classroom. She clapped her hands to get their attention, "Okay, time for class everyone!"