Chapter 62: Think

KO One Re-Live

Wang Ya Se had told Ding Xiao Yu that one's first kiss was an unforgettable feeling - it would be as though sparks were going off from the amazing feeling of electricity running through your body. He said there would be an immense happiness like a rainbow shooting over your head and you would melt into the kiss - but Ding Xiao Yu was not feeling this. Yes he was feeling happy and his heart was going crazy but there was no electricity, there were no sparks and there definitely was no melting. It felt too unreal; something in his gut told him that something wasn't right. Jiang Yu Yan wouldn't act like this, no she indeed wouldn't and Xiao Yu knew that.

Even though Jiang Yu Yan's attitude was getting better slowly, the girl in front of him was too different and he hated how he didn't realise this sooner. Something was wrong with Jiang Yu Yan because she was not acting how she normally would. It wasn't that she had to act in a certain way, it was just she was just too out of character suddenly. Xiao Yu opened his eyes and slowly pulled away. Yu Jing, too, opened her eyes and smiled at him. His eyes were locked on hers and he watched her pupils get smaller as light entered her eyes. His eyes widened and trailed down to her neck where he noticed that the neck of her shirt was exposing a bit of the area under her collar bone. He saw only the start of the code that was engraved on her skin, which he thought to be her tattoo. His lips fell into a straight line when he only saw the beginning of 'JY1989' and he pulled away from her completely.

Yu Jing's eyes widened in confusion and her smile fell as she watched Xiao Yu touch his lips with the back of his hand. He backed away slowly from her. "...Xiao Yu..??" she spoke slowly, staring at his now blank face. Suddenly, Xiao Yu his heel and ran away.

His brothers who spied on the two of them, turned to stone at his actions. They all had exaggerated confused and 'wtf' looks on their faces with their jaws hanging open. They looked at Yu Jing who just stared blankly, standing alone where Xiao Yu had left her. "What the hell Xiao Yu?!" Da Dong exclaimed in a whisper.
"Things were going so well!" Hong Guang muttered, face palming.
"What made him do that?" Ya Se asked and the two walked over to Yu Jing.
"I'll chase after Xiao Yu, you two comfort Yu Yan if she needs it," Da Dong instructed and they nodded.

Da Dong finally caught up with Xiao Yu and grabbed his shoulder, "Xiao Yu, wait up!" he called out. Xiao Yu turned around, "What?" he asked in a low voice, almost a mutter.
"What do you think you're doing?" Da Dong yelled, "How can you just leave Yu Yan like that?"
Xiao Yu looked away, "I need some space," he replied.
"Why do you need space?! Aren't you and Yu Yan a couple now, isn't that what you've wanted all along?" Da Dong questioned.
"Da Dong, Yu Yan would never like me, I don't know who that girl is," he muttered in response before turning back around, "I need to clear my mind, please leave me alone."
Da Dong furrowed his brows in confusion, "Xiao Yu what are you talking about? That girl you just kissed is Yu Yan! You're hurting her by running off so suddenly!" he exclaimed.
"That's not Yu Yan," Xiao Yu denied, "Yu Yan wouldn't act like that."

 

Da Dong sighed, "Then it's because Narcissist and I put you under the influence of the Shine, Shine, Shine, Please Be Mine perfume! We just wanted the two of you to be together so had to make sure Yu Yan would accept your feelings," he explained.
Xiao Yu narrowed his eyes, "Why would you do that?! I'd rather have her reject me and be honest than give me false hope, how could you do that Da Dong?" he questioned, "It was wrong of you to manipulate someone else's feelings, love can't be forced," he continued in a low but cold voice, "I'm disappointed in you both," he finished, walking away leaving Da Dong standing there.
"Xiao Yu wait! You've gotten it all wrong!" Da Dong retorted but Xiao Yu just ignored him.

 


~*~*~
 


Ye Zi ran around Taipei that evening. The sun had already set and the sky was already smoked in darkness. He was now a mindless demon that attacked innocent and random people. So far he had already attacked 73 people, throwing off the investigations of the yi neng muggings as they were still going on. Too much was going on for meng zhu's officials and officers to even keep track of and deal with. Because he was now a demon, all of Ye Zi's senses were enhanced and he gained animalistic characteristics. Using his super speed, he jumped across the roofs of buildings, running around aimlessly before a scent caught his nose. Abruptly, he stopped and looked down on the city below. He saw a familiar face and he jumped down the building to catch up with him. "Ding... Xiao.... Yu...." he growled in a low voice.

Xiao Yu sighed as he walked through the streets of Taipei with no destination in mind. He had cleared his mind after walking around for so long and now he knew that the girl whom he had confessed to was not Jiang Yu Yan but a fake. He cursed himself for not noticing sooner, he should have noticed it sooner for the two of them lived together! Once he realised the truth, he didn't focus on finding evidence in his memories, but instead he worried about the real Jiang Yu Yan. Where was she? Who was the fake? Why was the fake there? Was Jiang Yu Yan safe? He wanted to find her but how? He decided to keep quiet about it and keep it from his brothers for now until he found out a bit more.

Suddenly, Ye Zi jumped out of nowhere and knocked Xiao Yu to the ground using a wave of demonic energy. Xiao Yu was blown away and skid across the floor. He looked up to see Ye Zi walk towards him, sending apprehension creeping into him. "Jiang... Ye Zi?" Xiao Yu muttered in confusion before Ye Zi raised the demon tattoo pan. Xiao Yu immediately went wide eyed in shock, Isn't that the dragon tattooed pan...? he thought, scrambling to his feet. The demon tattooed pan became surrounded in a dark aura of demonic yi neng and Ye Zi sent an energy beam towards him unexpectedly. Xiao Yu's eyes widened in alarm as the attack neared him at an incredible speed. His breath hitched in his throat and it was as though everything was in slow motion while his life flashed before his eyes.

 


~*~*~
 


Jiang Yu Jing entered her home with a happy smirk on her face. She was so proud of herself that she was able to fool Xiao Yu but her heart then fluttered with confusion. Why did he run away from her? Why did she feel as though she felt the same towards him? She shook the nonsense out of her head and touched her lips. Her eyes then landed on the form of Jiang Yu Yan who was sitting on the sofa with her feet up, listening to music. Her smirk then found its way back onto her face again.

She threw her school bag down beside her and jumped into the spot next to her. "Guess who got a kiss out of your man?" she asked excitedly.
Jiang Yu Yan didn't bat an eyelash at her presence and just continued to have a blank expression on her face. Yu Jing scowled.
"Hey! Didn't you hear what I said?!" she barked, shaking her shoulder. Yu Yan didn't reply. Yu Jing kissed her teeth before yanking Yu Yan's earphones out of her ears.
"What do you think you're doing?!" Yu Yan spat at her instantly, grabbing onto the wires.
"Why don't you care that I kissed the guy you like?!" Yu Jing yelled at her.
Yu Yan glared at her, "My feelings for him are in the past. He means nothing to me now so you can do whatever you want to him," she replied in a low voice.

Yu Jing's face fell in confusion; this definitely wasn't the reaction she was hoping for. "But I thought you liked him?" she continued, "It's only been like a week, how can you forget those feelings?!"
A part of her felt hurt under the Shine Shine, Shine, Please Be Mine perfume because Yu Yan was implying that she was playing Xiao Yu. Then their father walked in. As usual, his face was covered. Yu Jing greeted him with a small bow of her head before he reached for her bag and started looking through it. He smiled at her as he did so, "Jiang Yu Jing, did you know certain parts of our brain control of our personality?" he asked her.
Curiously, she shook her head, "Really?" she asked.
"If that part of the brain is damaged, it could change your whole personality completely," he replied before glancing over at Yu Yan who remained silent. "It's taken a few knocks to the head but I've finally gotten her in the personality I prefer her to have," he added with a small smile.

A small smirk then formed on Yu Jing's lips, "So I can have Ding Xiao Yu all to myself-" she whispered quietly before her father threw something on the floor unexpectedly.
He glared at her and threw her bag down, "What the hell are you doing with Shine, Shine, Shine, Please Be Mine perfume?!" he barked at her as she stared down at the broken shards of the bottle and the silvery liquid spreading across the floor.
"W-what..?" she stuttered in confusion, relieved that the bottle missed her by a hair.


He then walked up close to her and grabbed her collar, "Don't even think about falling in love with that stupid boy! Don't let your heart be bewitched by a damn spell!" he hissed at her.
"Huh?" Yu Jing stammered, "I-I don't understand..."
He then let go of her and turned around, "Whoever gave you that must have sprayed you and that boy with it so you fall in love. Any romantic feelings you are feeling now are fake, they'll go away soon," he explained before walking away.

Yu Jing stared at her father dumbfounded and she touched her beating heart, "Stupid Ding Xiao Yu!" she exclaimed quietly, "Do you really feel nothing towards me or Yu Yan?" she asked in a mutter, feeling hurt.
A snicker escaped Yu Yan's lips and she stood up from her seat, "You're pathetic," she commented before leaving the room.

 


~*~*~
 


Yu Ting was grumbling to herself about some nonsense as she walked down the streets that night. In was a strawberry flavoured lollipop but it just sat in . Suddenly, she felt a demonic presence nearby and her body tensed up. She followed her instincts and went to see where the dark energy was coming from. It took her a few moments to grasp the location but after that she quickly ran towards it. Her eyelids opened wide when she saw Ye Zi firing an attack at Ding Xiao Yu. Without sparing a second thought, she used her super speed and summoned her weapon: 'Sunshine and Rainbows Lollipop'. It was a large rainbow coloured swirly lollipop and using it like a shield, she blocked the attack.

Xiao Yu looked at the girl in front of him, catching his breath. "Jiang Yu...." he panted as he looked at the figure closely, "...Ting?" he finished as he got to his feet.
Because she was deaf, she didn't hear him. She focused on pushing Ye Zi back. Her weapon then released a bright yellow light, blinding the three on the scene but causing Ye Zi to retreat at the same time. Once he left, Yu Ting fell to her knees, panting. Xiao Yu hurried over to her and helped her up, "Are you okay?" he asked her.
Yu Ting just looked at him blankly before touching a device around her ear - a hearing aid - and turning the dial. "Sorry, can you repeat that?" she asked.
"I asked if you were okay," Xiao Yu explained and Yu Ting faintly nodded with a smile.
"I'm fine, thanks," she replied as she turned to leave, "You should look out more, you're always being saved by others lately," she advised, walking away.

Xiao Yu quickly grabbed onto her wrist, "Wait!" he exclaimed, causing her to turn back around. "Where's your sister?" he asked.
"Isn't she with you?" Yu Ting replied.
"No, what I mean is, where is Jiang Yu Yan?" he corrected, looking at her seriously.
Yu Ting could see the firmness in his eyes and looked away, "I don't know what you mean," she replied.
"You know too, right? That the girl with me isn't Jiang Yu Yan right?" he questioned her desperately.
"You've gone mad," Yu Ting spat, pulling her wrist free from his grasp, "I don't know what you're on about."
Xiao Yu stared at her, "Where is she?" he asked, "Please tell me," he pleaded.
"I don't know," she shrugged and then began walking away.
Xiao Yu's face fell as he watched her leave. He sighed and turned around to go home but then suddenly he heard her final words to him fade with the wind.

"Be careful around that girl.... She's not who she says she is..."

 


~*~*~
 


Yu Yan's father walked into his laboratory and closed the door. He laughed to himself as he pulled off his face mask, revealing his true identity. He walked over to a girl who struggled in chains with tape over . On the floor was a fallen camera with several photographs of the cloned girls and Ye Zi sprawled beside it. He cracked his knuckles before a small purple fireball ignited from his palm and he walked over to the terrified girl who had tears pooling in her eyes. On her face was horror as she could only stare at the man before her - she knew that face of his.

"So your name is Ella?" he asked, expecting no reply. He walked towards her slowly, kicking her camera away and placing his flaming palm beside her neck. Struggling in the chains, Ella released muffled cries as a thin sheen iof sweat covered her face. "You know too many of our secrets," he told her, "How can I let you live?" he asked her before a sinister snigger escaped his lips.

Ella's heart pounded in fear. She thrashed violently under the chains that bound her to the wall, trying to gather up all the yi neng she had left. The shackles restricted her ability to use yi neng and her energy levels were so low that she could have fainted right there on the spot. But she wasn't a dimension guard for no reason. But the man before her was just too scary and she was scared. She then focused all her yi neng one telepathic message.

"Help m-"

Then everything went back.


 

~*~*~



"Help m-"

Tian Hong Guang jumped out of his bed, from his sleep, panting heavily. Sweat was running down his face furiously and his heart was pulsing so fast and hard that his chest was beginning to pain him. He observed his surroundings and remembered that he was in his own bedroom. Still panting, he touched his chest with only one name on his tongue: "Ella."