Chapter 58: A Truth

KO One Re-Live

"Halt!" a voice ripped through the air before a pillar of light shot down into the classroom, revealing Selina and Ella holding Gou Gou meng zhu on a expensive red cushion.

"Gou Gou Meng Zhu?!" Da Dong, Ya Se and Xiao Yu gasped, despite being held back.

Selina smiled confidently, "Gou Gou Meng Zhu of the Gold Dimension is now in your presence," she announced highly, "Halt all activities."
Gou Gou got onto his small feet and stood on the cushion, "Ella, please tell them," he spoke, looking at the police officers.
Ella nodded before summoning a scroll. She opened it and read aloud, "Under the Ma Gua Protection Act X821, all ma guas are not to interfere with the any dire business of yi neng xing zhes or will face punishment. [A/N: I used 'dire' bc da dong got arrested in react] All crime and deviance committed by yi neng xing zhes will be dealt with accordingly by the Yi Neng Laws. Signed by Meng Zhu, Zhou Xiao Yuan, 184th Ruler of the Gold Dimension." She then smiled and rolled the scroll back up.

The chief police officer cleared his throat, "1898 Yi Neng-Ma Gua Peace Pact: All yi neng xing zhes must abide by the laws set by ma guas of the land they live in," he shot back angrily.
Ella chuckled, "Yi Neng-Ma Gua Peace Pact: The Yi Neng Law overrides the 1898 Yi Neng-Ma Gua Peace Pact when concerning only the Yi Neng Realm," she retorted, "In other words, this situation is a problem of yi neng xing zhes, related to the yi neng muggings, therefore only concerns the yi neng realm. So please see yourself out, the door is over there," she gestured over to the door.
"Release them now!" Gou Gou exclaimed, his booming voice shaking the whole room.
The chief police officer gritted his teeth with a sigh, reluctantly backing down. "Release them now!" he ordered and everyone was released.
As the officers got ready to leave, Gou Gou spoke up, "Yi neng xing zhes will handle all problems related to yi neng xing zhes, there is no need for you to step in and make things worse."

Once the officers had left, Hong Guang grinned brightly, "Gou Gou! I haven't seen you in a long time!" he exclaimed before passing him the Seal of the Meng Zhu, "This belongs to you."
Gou Gou accepted it, "Hello Ah Guang, I hope you're fitting into your old life."
Hong Guang nodded, "I am, thank you."
"No need to be polite, we're old friends." Gou Gou replied, "And this position of mine is only temporary."
"Temporary?" Ya Se repeated.
Selina nodded, "We are searching for Tian Hong Guang's alternate in other dimensions so that he may regain his yi neng and take back his title."
Hong Guang's eyes widened, "Oh no, that isn't necessary, I like my old life."
"Nonsense, Ah Guang I'm already so old - I'm 374 years old. A youngster like you will shine more in this position," Gou Gou replied.

"374?!" Da Dong exclaimed, amazed. He then turned to Selina, "Long time no see, Sierra! But you couldn't have come all the way just to stop the officers right?"
Selina sighed, just accepting the fact that Wang Da Dong would never get her name right. "That's right, Wang Da Dong. We came here for you but you and your brothers happened to be caught up in this situation at the same time so Meng Zhu decided to come personally," she explained.
"For me?" Da Dong repeated.
"And what's going on?" Ya Se asked as he picked up Wu Xiong in his arms, "Why was I to be arrested?"
Ella turned to Hong Guang, "Ah Guang, you should explain everything to him. And make sure his girlfriend sees a nurse," she said.
Hong Guang nodded and with a snap of Selina's fingers, the three of them disappeared with Wang Da Dong.



~*~*~



Da Dong bit his lip as he looked at several photographs of a girl - or rather girls. Yu Yan…? He thought in disbelief. He looked at pictures of Yu Tong, Yu Tang and Yu Ting in their costumes but with their faces revealed. The photos were taken from hidden angles and it seemed that the girls weren't aware of the photos being taken. Of course they were all different people in the pictures but because they had the same face, Jiang Yu Yan was the number one suspect.

"Take a look at these," Ella said as she passed him three photographs. He looked at it and his eyes widened. The first photo was of a masked person sitting on the roof of his house, the second was of that person holding Little Blue by his head beside the canal, and the third was of that person pulling their mask off their face, revealing the face of Jiang Yu Yan. Instantly, Da Dong felt sick in the stomach. His heart began racing and he pushed all the photographs away from him shaking his head, "I don't believe these," he muttered, still in shock. "Those photos aren't of Jiang Yu Yan, my little brother," he continued, blinking several times.

"Wang Da Dong, you can't not believe this solid evidence," Ella snapped, pouring more photographs onto the table.
"That's not possible," Da Dong replied firmly, looking through the pictures for a picture of Yu Ting. He knew it was her because of the lollipop in and he picked up the photo, "This definitely isn't Jiang Yu Yan," he muttered, before choosing to say no more.
"Our spies have been keeping an eye on everyone and this is what they saw," Ella explained, "As the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban you must accept the truth."
"But this isn't the truth!" Da Dong exclaimed, standing up abruptly, "Yu Yan fought for us so many times, she fought against the muggers when Xiao Yu was attacked and she even helped us with our investigation - I don't believe that she's an enemy."

"Wang Da Dong, stop being so stubborn!" Selina barked, "We summoned you to inform you of all this happening right under your nose. Because you are the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, you must be aware of the truth so we have told you so that you can protect your friends in the future! How can you dismiss solid evidence just because you have a personal relationship with the culprit?!"
"It's all rubbish," he exclaimed, "I don't care what you present to me Evelina, Susie, Sadie, Salmonella - or whatever your name is! I'm not going to believe these photographs because those girls aren't Yu Yan! Because of that personal relationship I have with Yu Yan, I know that those girls are definitely not her because of the small differences in their features," he explained, feeling anger build up within him.
"Wang Da Dong, please calm down," Ella said, "You can't let your personal feelings cloud your sense of judgment!"
"Show me better evidence then I'll reconsider!" he demanded with flaring eyes.

Selina then turned to a computer screen and put on a security tape. "This was taken last night at your school," she explained before starting the video. The video showed a figure entering the props room and exiting with a sword. "CCTV footage from earlier on in the day show Jiang Yu Yan entering the props room with Cai Wu Xiong and now here she is entering it again," Selina explained before switching to another tape taken from the outside of the bar's entrance. "Here, we can see her going on a killing spree and stealing yi neng," she commented before showing Da Dong a photograph of Yu Jing taking off her mask.
Da Dong bit his lip and clenched his fist. "Do you not have the footage in colour?" he asked in a low voice, staring at the black and white video.
"Does colour matter?" Selina inquired, rhetorically.
"What colour is the aura of the attacker?" Da Dong demanded.
"According to eye witnesses, their aura was yellow," Ella answered, "Why?"

Da Dong smirked, "Because Jiang Yu Yan has a white aura," he answered and his tensed facial features relaxed. "Take me back to school now; I've had enough of your games," he added.
"Wang Da Dong!" Selina barked, "We wouldn't be sharing this with you if you-"
"Ssh," Da Dong put his finger to her lips, "Look Semolina, you must want to spend lots of time with the strongest highschooler right? A lot of girls do. I know how heart-wrenching it must be to only see my beautiful face this way," he interrupted her, with his playboy antics starting to appear, "If you stop talking, I'll agree to go on a date with you, okay? I'll even give you my number, just take me back home," he said, whipping out a piece of paper and writing down his number on it. He then stuck it on Selina's fuming face.
"Wang Da Dong!" she shrieked, tearing the paper off her face, "Who wants to date you?! You stupid Egomaniac who can't even remember a single name!!"

Ella chuckled at the two.

 


~*~*~
 



Ya Se held a small tube of dark red powder as he sat at his desk waiting for Da Dong's return. He looked at the powder, it was called 'Dear Love Confession Powder', and Duan Chang Ren had given it to them to use on Xiao Yu to help him confess to Yu Yan. Ya Se sighed, wondering whether or not he should wait for Da Dong to use it. "For it to work, I need to throw the powder on both Xiao Yu and Yu Yan and then apparently they'll get clingy with each other and push them to confess. It seems pretty simple but knowing Duan Chang Ren, something weird will probably come out of it," Ya Se muttered to himself before the bell rang for lunch time.

"I'll do it before Egomaniac arrives," he muttered, standing up to follow Xiao Yu and Yu Jing who were leaving to go practice.
He followed behind them, staying still when they stopped to chat near the back entrance of the classroom.

Da Dong dragged his feet towards Zhong Ji Yi Ban in deep thought. Yu Yan is our enemy? That can't be, those pictures were clearly of Yu Ting and someone else... but Little Blue's killer... that really was you Yu Yan wasn't it? He sighed, not wanting to think about it anymore. He walked towards the back entrance of the classroom before he heard Jin Bao San incoming at a quick speed. He was screaming some rubbish as he pushed past Da Dong, into the classroom, colliding with Ya Se, Xiao Yu and Yu Jing. Da Dong lost his balance and fell into Jin Bao San who caused Ya Se to lose hold of the open tube of powder as he fell onto Da Dong.

Ya Se's eyes widened as the tube of powder flew up into the air. "Oh ," he cursed before the powder rained down on him and Da Dong.