Chapter 76: Start of a Search

KO One Re-Live

The next day the iron folk met at a small bar on the outskirts of the small city.

"Li Xue, why are we here?" Gui Gui asked as she watched the demonic yi neng xing zhe chug down a drink early that morning.
"Because Gui Long was last seen here and the people here have some information on him," she explained as she ordered another drink.
Xia Tian looked around the almost dark and damp wooden building. The building was cramped, poorly built, smelled really bad and was really dark and gloomy. "Why would Gui Long be here? He wouldn't like a place like this," he muttered as he scraped his finger along the counter and looked at all the dust he had picked up.
"You're asking me like I know!" Li Xue exclaimed, "I told you everything I know about his whereabouts-"
"Be quiet you're so snappy!" Gui Feng barked.
Li Xue huffed as she glared at him.

Jiu Wu sighed, "So according to both you and Gui Gui, Gui Long has been seen around 'Hei Girl' and you have been meeting up with him frequently until he suddenly disappeared. Then you heard that he came all the way out here and Gui Gui said that he's been seen with the ferals outside the city," he summarised in deep thought.
"Do you think he's up to something?" Lan Ling Wang asked.
"Lord Diablo has full control over every place except the city so if he's in contact with the ferals outside the city then he mustn't be up to something good," Gui Gui explained.
Xia Tian looked down and bit his lip.
"Worried about him?" Li Xue questioned.
Xia Tian sighed, "I guess so... I haven't been apart from him for so long... I wonder what he's doing..."

Li Xue swirled her straw around in her drink, "You guys still haven't told me how you're all related to my Gui Long," she said, "And why you're looking for him."
"We're his brothers," Gui Feng explained, speaking for himself and Xia Tian, "And they're..." he looked at Jiu Wu and the rest and paused, "....friends?"
Li Xue laughed, "Gui Long doesn't have any friends and he hasn't mentioned any family to me."
"You say it like you know so much about him," Gui Gui commented.
"Maybe I do," Li Xue responded, looking down at her drink. She then looked at Xia Tian, "How much do you know about him? To say he has friends or whatever is incorrect. Gui Long has always been alone. No one understands him like I do and maybe the fans of The X-Family do too."

Xia Tian looked away - she was right. He didn't know Gui Long. They'd shared bodies for 18 years and had always been together, but how much did Xia Tian even know about Gui Long? He knew nothing. All he ever knew was that Gui Long was always looking for power and freedom. Freedom. Xia Tian thought about freedom, he had freedom and always had had freedom but Gui Long didn't. Gui Long rarely even saw the light of day. How cruel. Xia Tian and Gui Long may have been born into the same body but they were two different people. Gui Long was his own person. He had his own mind, his own life; his own dreams and desires... he wanted freedom... but he was always shut away. How cruel. No one really cared for Gui Long - they had always wanted to get rid of him. Did they ever take the time to try and understand him? They wouldn't have even bothered with looking for him if it hadn't been for Da Dong in the gold dimension needing his help. How cruel. Gui Long was just a tool to be used and then discarded. How cruel.

No, Xia Tian thought, this has to change. Gui Long is a person too. We can't find him with only the intention of using him, we have to bring him back home and try to understand him.

"Gui Yang?" Jiu Wu called, leaning over to look at Xia Tian, "Hello Gui Yang?" he snapped his fingers in front of his face to bring him out of his daze.
"Gui Long is his own person..." Xia Tian muttered, still dazed.
"Wei!" Jiu Wu yelled, flicking his forehead, "Gui Yang are you deaf?!"
Xia Tian didn't respond.
"I can't wait for SUMMER!" Jiu Wu randomly said, emphasising the characters 'Xia' and 'Tian' in a loud voice.
Xia Tian jumped out of his thoughts after hearing his name, "Uh oh er... sorry, what were we talking about?"

"What's so great about summer?" Li Xue asked, "It’s the same all year round here, dirty skies, dark clouds, pollution, smoke - what's different about summer?"
Jiu Wu paused, "I er..."
"He's going to go to Mojie’s Moon-Viewing Festival!" Gui Gui cut in, "You know how this year will be special right? We'll see the moon for the first time in a thousand years and it will join Mojie and the human world together for a night," she explained acting eager and excited.
Li Xue smirked, "Oh yeah, Lord Diablo is probably raising an army for an attack," she laughed.
Jiu Wu's eyes widened.
Gui Gui noticed his fallen expression and nudged him, "Hey, you knew about it right? How could you have not known given your position?"
Jiu Wu looked at her, "I did but I just realised that with our current problems, when that time comes we may have more problems," he muttered in a quieter voice. He then turned to Li Xue, "What else do you know about Lord Diablo's plans?"
Li Xue eyed him suspiciously, "You know you guys are getting more suspicious," she stated as she let go of her straw, "You act weirdly and ask too many questions. Also, no one’s ever seen you around," she spoke bluntly.
Gui Gui smiled, "Hey Li Xue, when has a demon ever been trustworthy?" she joked.
Li Xue just sighed as looked up at the bartender who approached them, coming in from a small door behind the counter.

"You must be Li Xue," the lady said, "I'm Lilith." Lilith was a young woman (Played by Tia Lee), she was about a few years older than them and she wore dark makeup.
Li Xue nodded in response. Lilith smiled at Gui Gui, "It's been a while Gui Gui," she added before she turned to Jiu Wu, "Who are they?"
"They're also looking for Gui Long," Li Xue explained.
Lilith nodded in understanding, "Ah, he did come round here three days ago," she replied.
"Really? What was he doing and where did he go?" Xia Tian asked.
Lilith shrugged, "I assume he's been in contact with Lord Diablo since he's gone so far out of the city. When he came in he was dripping with dark energy," she explained.
"Lord Diablo?" Gui Gui repeated, "Do you think he's planning to go into the human world?"
"I don't know," Lilith replied as she began to wipe some glasses, "It's a possibility but if he was, he wouldn't have looked so poorly."

Jiu Wu but his lip, knowing the reason why Gui Long seemed poorly - he was just a wandering spirit and was using up all his energy so was prone to sickness. He had to be reunited with Xia Tian quickly.

"Do you know where he is or where he went?" Li Xue asked.
Lilith put down the glass and smiled, "Information doesn't come cheap, you know."
"Oh that's dirty," Gui Gui smirked before putting a wad of money on the counter, "How much do you want?"
Lilith pushed the money back to her. She looked around her empty run down bar and then returned her eyes back onto the people in front of her, "I heard that there's this new drink going around called 'Mango Zoo' that even the famous Hei Girl nightclub doesn't even have," she began.
Upon hearing 'Mango Zoo', Xia Tian choked on air. "Mango...Zoo?" he repeated.
Lilith nodded, "Yeah, everyone's dying to sell it now but no one actually knows the true ingredients," she explained as she brought out a folded piece of paper, "But I think these are the ingredients and I need someone to get them for me. I can't leave my bar unattended."

Gui Gui took the paper and looked at the ingredients, "Hawk Powder, Frog Nettle Oil and Mangoes?" she read aloud.
Lilith nodded, "I have everything else, I just need those three."
"Where are we going to get mangoes from? They're just a myth in Mojie," Li Xue replied.
"The human world," Lilith told her, "Anyway you guys figure out how to get all these and have them by the end of the day. I'll be waiting." She then turned back around and disappeared into the small little room.

Jiu Wu sighed, "So who's getting what?" he asked.
"We should split into three groups," Gui Gui suggested, "Wu Ya and Gui Yang should get the Hawk Powder, it's really easy to find in the market, Li Xue and Gui Feng can get the Frog Nettle Oil and 007 and I can get the mangoes."
"No!" Li Xue burst out, "I don't want to be paired with him! I want to go to the human world!"

...

"How did I end up being paired with you?" Li Xue complained as she trudged through a swamp.
Gui Feng glared at her, "Geez lady, I don't want to be paired with you either!" he huffed.

 

And then the hunt commenced.