Chapter 66: Dream or Reality?

KO One Re-Live

Xiao Yu looked around the small room he had fallen into. It was a dark attic like room with a large burnt out fireplace. The windows were shattered and a dull mirror hung on the wall. "Where am I?" he muttered as he looked around. All the furniture in the room was covered in white sheets that had a thick layer of dust settled on them. The room was very small and cramped and the air was thick but thin at the same time. He walked around, trying to find a door of some sort.

Suddenly, an eerie chime began to play from somewhere in the room. Xiao Yu felt his muscles tense up as he didn't know where the creepy tune was coming from or who started it. He pulled off a large sheet, in search of the source of that sound but the sheet just revealed an old cabinet. He then uncovered other furniture, feeling a little apprehension after failing to stop that music. "Where is it coming from?" he muttered to himself, kicking his way through all the fallen sheets and cardboard boxes. A large covered object in the corner of the room caught his interest. Is this it? he thought as he gripped onto the greyish sheets before pulling it off.

His eyes widened at what he saw. Before him stood a huge music box, about half his height, and on top of it was a larger slow spinning statue of a bride and groom dancing. Xiao Yu released a small gasp when he realised that the bride was Yu Yan and the groom was him. He blinked several times as he watched the two figures spin around with the music box chime. W-Why is there a statue of me and Yu Yan in wedding clothing...? he asked no one in particular, feeling a shiver run down his spine. His hand reached out to caress the statue of Yu Yan that was wearing a beautiful flowing wedding gown - she looked beautiful in it - but then he pulled his hand back quickly and cautiously. Something was off.

The sound of heavy clunking footsteps echoed in his ears and Xiao Yu's heart beat quickened. There were no doors in the room so where were the footsteps coming from? As the noise got louder and louder, Xiao Yu felt his eyelids droop over his eyes and he faded out of unconsciousness. His body fell to the floor.

. . .

"Xiao Yu!" A voice called.
Ding Xiao Yu's eyes fluttered open to see Wang Da Dong looming over him. "Finally you're awake!" he exclaimed, stepping back as Xiao Yu sat up. KO4 rubbed his head and looked around to see that he was in a bed. Confused, he looked at Da Dong and Ya Se who stood beside his bed. They were dressed smartly in fancy tuxedos and they were smiling at him. "What's going on...?" he muttered, feeling really confused, "What happened?"

Ya Se laughed, "Xiao Yu, are you really going to joke around at this time?" he asked.
"Joke around?" Xiao Yu repeated, "I don't understand. Where's Yu Yan, did we save her?" he asked, rubbing his temples as he tried to remember something.
"Egomaniac, he's not serious is he?" Ya Se asked, "We're already behind schedule and our groom is trying to play a prank."
"Groom? Ya Se, what's going on? I don't understand," Xiao Yu replied as he got out of the bed. He looked down at his body to see that he was wearing his pyjamas.
Da Dong chuckled and slapped his shoulder playfully, "Aiyo Xiao Yu, I'll play along with you on your prank okay?" he said, "I'm going to tell you everything okay? Just pretend you didn't know," he laughed.
Xiao Yu tilted his head, now really confused.
Ya Se crossed his arms and just rolled his eyes, "Ah I guess he has the right to play around on his big day," he sighed.
"Big day?" Xiao Yu asked.
"Yes big day!" Da Dong exclaimed, "You're getting married to Yu Yan today so of course it's a big day!"

Xiao Yu's eyes widened, "WHAT?!" he exclaimed in shock.
"Oh look at him, he's still pretending," Ya Se sighed before smiling at him.
"I'm getting married to Yu Yan?" Xiao Yu asked, "But we're only 18!"
Da Dong furrowed his brows in confusion at him before his expression softened into a laugh, "Oh, you're still playing around right?"
"Hey Mr.Clueless, you're 28 remember?" Ya Se rolled his eyes again, "Remember how you proposed to your girlfriend of like ten years just a couple of months ago?" he asked him.
"I did what?!" Xiao Yu cried out, feeling his cheeks warm up. He was so confused. How did he just miss ten years of his life? What happened? Why couldn't he remember anything?

"Okay Xiao Yu, that's enough playing around," Da Dong said sternly before putting his hand on his shoulder. "I'm really proud of you, congrats, you will always be my good brother," he said with a grin.
Ya Se nodded and punched his shoulder softly, "I never thought I'd see this day but you made it happen. Yu Yan's a lucky girl, take care of her okay?"
Xiao Yu swallowed and could only nod slowly.
"Now come on, you have to get ready or Lei Ting will kill me if you're late!" Da Dong hurried him out of the room.
"Lei Ting?" Xiao Yu echoed.
"She offered to play a piano piece for your ceremony remember? We can't keep her waiting," Ya Se explained as he, too, pushed Xiao Yu out of the room.

*~*~*

Xiao Yu saw Yun Han and Wu Xiong in a ballroom. They were wearing fancy dresses and beside them were several other people but their faces were blurred.

"Teacher Yun Han, it's been a while!" a boy smiled.
The boy beside him swung an arm around him, "Xiao Ge hasn't stopped talking about you ever since he found out you'll be attending the wedding too," he teased.
A girl next to him giggled, "Zhan, leave him alone! Don't try and make Ah Xiang jealous!"
Yun Han smiled as she watched another girl approach them.
"Make me jealous?" she asked, looking at the girl, "What are you guys talking about?"
"Ah Xiang! You spent so long in the bathroom I thought you drowned!" The first boy exclaimed. The girl giggled.

"Wu Xiong Jie, where's Teacher Ya Se?" The first girl asked, "Is he with Xiao Yu Ge?"
She nodded, "He must be. The last time I saw him he was being pestered by Xiao Hu this morning," she giggled.
"How come you two aren't with Yu Yan jie?" the other girl asked, "Surely she needs some of her girl friends by her side on her big day right?"
Yun Han replied, "She will be fine. She's not alone."

Who are these people I can't see? Why can’t I see them? Xiao Yu asked himself as he watched the scene unfold.

"I love weddings!" Another girl approached them, "Qiu Qiu, when are we going to leave for the ceremony?"
"Tai Yang, the limousine isn't here yet," she replied, "Classmate Wang is really nice to have allowed us to travel with them when it's his sister's wedding."
"That's probably because Lei Ting threatened him," the second boy laughed.
"King can be pretty scary, but it's hard to imagine Wang Da Dong being so afraid of her," the girl laughed.
"Hey, where's Hua Ling Long and Zhong Wan Jun?" one of the guys asked, looking around.
"They're going to come later with Lan Si Luo," someone replied.

Xiao Yu then saw a familiar face approaching the group.

Jin Bao San ran around them, "I'm so excited!" he yelled, "The story of the almighty King of Endurance and Blind Girl is starting a brand new chapter!"
"Hey Jin Bao San! That Class Weed hasn't been blind for the past ten years, get your facts straight!" Sha Jie joined them with her friends. She then hit him on the head.
"But it's a beautiful story between them! Today will be as amazing as the day she got her sight back!" he babbled.
Wu Xiong nodded in agreements, "The kids love it when I tell them their story, their love story is just so interesting!" she gushed in excitement.

Liang Zhi and Xia Ba then arrived in the scene. "The limousines are here, we should get going," Xia Ba said.

Xiao Yu then saw the scene in front of him begin to fade away and be replaced by another scene with a girl getting ready for her wedding. Yu Yan! A smile appeared on his face when he saw the girl he loved look stunning in her beautiful wedding dress. She was sitting in front her dressing table with Selina and Ella standing beside her, helping her with her hair and makeup.

"Are you ready, Yu Yan?" Ella asked as she fixed the last of her curls.
"I'm pretty nervous," she muttered in response as she stared at the beautiful face in the mirror. "Is this really me?" she asked in a whisper.
"I think we did a great job Selina!" Ella beamed, smiling at the two girls.
Selina nodded in approval, "Very beautiful," she commented, "That Ding Xiao Yu is a lucky guy. Treasure him, okay?"
"That goes without saying," Yu Yan replied with a small smile.
Ella hugged her tightly, "I'm so happy for you," she whispered as Selina joined in their group hug.
"Congratulations Yu Yan," she said with a smile.
"We wish you eternal happiness with Xiao Yu," Ella added, "We know you're in great hands."
Yu Yan snorted lightly, amused, "I know I am."

Xiao Yu could but feel his heart flutter, Am I really going to marry her?

She then stood up from her seat as Wang Mama and another girl walked in. Xiao Yu could see Wang Mama clearly but the face of the girl beside her was blurred. "Wang Mama, Lei Ting!" Ella greeted.
"Good morning girls," Wang Mama beamed, "How's the little bride?"
Yu Yan rolled her eyes, "I'm not little anymore, Ma."
Wang Mama hugged her, being careful not to ruin her hair or makeup, "I still remember the day we adopted you and now look at you, you're going off to marry the man you love," she wiped a tear from her eye.
"Hey, don't cry," Yu Yan exclaimed, "I'm really grateful for all you've done for me but don't act like I'm leaving forever!"

Wang Mama then gave her a red box, "Here is your wedding gift," she said, handing it to her. Yu Yan's eyes widened when she saw a gorgeous silvery necklace inside. It was decorated in gems and was absolutely stunning. Her lips parted in amazement, "Oh wow... it's so beautiful..." she whispered, "Thank you, Ma."
"Let me help you put it on, okay?" Wang Mama suggested and Yu Yan nodded. As she gently fastened the necklace around her neck, she smiled at her, "Don't forget to visit us every now and then okay?"
Yu Yan nodded.
"And don't treat Xiao Yu too aggressively okay?" she said.
Yu Yan chuckled, "Me? Treat him aggressively?" she repeated, amused.
"Yeah of course!" Selina exclaimed, "Because of you, Lei Ting is taking after you and threatening Da Dong," she joked.
The girl laughed, "Please, that guy is just a lost monkey. He needs someone to keep him in line," she defended.
"Hey, my brother's not Jin Bao San okay?" Yu Yan laughed.

Da Dong's parents adopted Yu Yan? Xiao Yu asked, Da Dong has a girlfriend?

The girls laughed and talked for a few more minutes before the scene Xiao Yu saw dissolved away.

*~*~*

Xiao Yu stood at the altar, listening to Lei Ting play a short but melodious tune on the piano. He took in a deep breath as he looked at all his friends. He then turned to the side to see Da Dong and Ya Se giving him a thumbs up. They mouthed the words 'Jia You' to him and he smiled. He then turned around to see Duan Chang Ren and sweat dropped, Who made Duan Chang Ren the priest?! he wondered with a faint smile, If Duan Chang Ren messes up and ruins the ceremony, I'm blaming the writer!

But then suddenly he heard the wedding bells ring and the bridal chorus begin to play. His eyes shone with happiness the moment he saw Yu Yan walk in with her bridesmaids behind her. He couldn't stop himself from smiling so brightly and goofily when he saw her. Yu Yan snorted faintly as she saw his bubbly excited face. This fellow needs to stop showing his emotions so boldly, she smiled feeling amused. A light blush spread across her cheeks as she neared him.

"Xiao Yu! Close your mouth!" Da Dong exclaimed to his brother through telepathy.
Ya Se chuckled, "Let the guy be happy Egomaniac, who cares if he looks like a fool?" he replied through telepathy.
Xiao Yu blushed after hearing his brother and immediately fixed his smile into a less weird one.

His heart pounded quicker with every step Yu Yan took closer to him. She was so close to him. He just wanted to grab her hand, skip all the words and just kiss her and make her his. He felt like time was slowing down and he grew more impatient. He couldn't contain his happiness and he wanted this all to speed up. But then he noticed that although Yu Yan was walking towards him, she wasn't moving. His smile then curved downwards as he felt himself getting further and further away from her. "What's going on?" he muttered as he looked around to see that all the people had disappeared. He looked at Yu Yan in alarm as she was now walking down the aisle alone. Where did everyone go? "Yu Yan?!" he called out to her but she just continued to walk with a smile on her face. Panicked, he turned around to look at his brothers who were frozen like statues. He then watched their bodies slowly crumble away into nothing. Then his surroundings were starting to fade away.

"Little Fish!" he heard Yu Yan call him and he saw her frantically running to him with her hand outstretched in front of her. He saw the fright on her face and he reached out for her hand. "Yu Yan!" he exclaimed in fear, running towards her. Everything around them faded away and only the two of them remained standing on the aisle. There was just the aisle in darkness with the two on opposite ends. "Little Fish, what's going on?!" she cried out to him. Xiao Yu's heart raced and then suddenly their clothes vanished now the two were wearing their high school uniforms. The aisle then dissolved away and Yu Yan fell along with it.

"No! Yu Yan!" Xiao Yu shouted, before he felt himself falling as well. Yu Yan then disappeared.

Darkness. Black.

. . .

Xiao Yu shot upwards into a seating position, breathing heavily. A thin sheen of sweat hung over his face and he wiped it away as he blinked over and over again. "What was that?!" he breathed, trying to catch his breath. He looked around to see that he was still in that same room but this time the room was tidy and all the furniture was arranged neatly. There was no dust in sight and a warm fire burned in the fire place. He gulped as he touched his heart that was still beating furiously. He looked around to see that the statue on the music box had stopped spinning and the music had stopped playing.

"What happened?" he whispered, "What... what was that...?"

Suddenly the creaking of an old rocking chair caused his heart to skip a beat. He turned around with cold blood to see a man sitting on the chair with a smirk. Xiao Yu felt paralysed and he felt his heart stop beating due to a wave of fear that washed over him.

"That, my boy, was a vision of the fragments of dream and reality."