Chapter 89: A Bad Meeting

KO One Re-Live

"It's like doing CPR," a voice said.

Yu Yan faced her father, "So all I have to do when transferring my life force to mother is perform CPR on her?" she asked.
Her father nodded.
"What if it doesn't work?" she asked.
"It will work," her father replied, "I got Gui Long to steal demonised yi neng for me from Mojie so that will strengthen the spell."
"Demonised yi neng? Then won't there be a chance that I turn into a demon?" Yu Yan questioned before her father put his hand on her shoulder.
"It doesn't matter. You'll die after anyway," he told her casually.
Yu Yan sighed and just nodded.

 


~*~*~
 


"What are you looking at?" Xiao Yu asked Ya Se as he entered the classroom one morning.
Ya Se looked up from his laptop and turned it around so he could see. "Egomaniac and I were looking at the latest news on KO One World," he explained but then looked over at Da Dong who was now sleeping in his hammock. "But then he fell asleep so only I'm looking now."

Xiao Yu nodded and then pulled over a chair and sat down next to him. "Is there anything new?" he inquired and his friend nodded.
"The number of yi neng muggings have decreased," he informed.
"That makes sense since the clones are in prison," Xiao Yu replied.
"But there are still a lot of cases yi neng muggings but the victims are now left unharmed," Ya Se continued, "The victims only lose half of their battle points and aren't physically harmed which allows them to recuperate easily."
Xiao Yu bit his lip, "Do you think it's Yu Yan?" he wondered.
"Definitely," Ya Se replied, "There are also some blurred pictures of her that have been taken over the past few weeks."

Ya Se then scrolled through the page and showed him blurry pictures of a girl that had been taken during the night. "It's definitely her," he said, "Her sisters have been murdering people for their battle points but Yu Yan is sparing them."
"That just shows that she's not as loyal to her mission as she was before," Xiao Yu muttered to himself.
"Exactly," King Arthur replied. Ya Se then closed his laptop and looked at Xiao Yu seriously. "We can use her blindness to our advantage," he began.
"Ya Se, what are you planning to do?" Xiao Yu asked with a questioning gaze.
"Find her," he said, "And bring her back to us."

A smile then cracked through his blank face. "How do you plan to do that?"

"I've been gathering data on the yi neng muggings and have identified patterns to be able to track her movements," Ya Se explained, "I'm sure I can make an accurate prediction of where she will be tonight."
"Take me there," the King of Endurance announced, "I want to see her."


 

~*~*~
 


Yu Yan had a large hood pulled over a head and a mark covering her face. That night she was climbing down from the roof of a 20-storey building. She had never been so high up alone before and it scared her, but her father would punish her if she didn't do as she was told. Her job for that night was to climb down into a room on the 16th floor where a gathering was supposed to take place. The gathering was supposed to be a meeting between some yi neng xing zhes that were working for Gou Gou Meng Zhu. What was supposed to happen was a discussion on how to deal with her and her father so Yu Yan was instructed to steal their yi neng and kill them.

She took in a deep breath before crashing into the room through the window. Shards of broken glass flew everywhere. She focused on her echolocation, locating the position of three people. Weird. Father said there would be atleast 10 people, she thought. Why are they not moving? Why did they not react?

"Are you surprised?"

Instantly, Yu Yan's breath hitched and her heart beat quickened at the familiarity of the voice. She found herself losing all her confidence at that moment and all she could do was back away towards the window she had come in through.

"Yu Yan, wait!" Xiao Yu exclaimed, grabbing her hand tightly.
"Let me go!" she spat angrily, trying to pull her arm back. But suddenly, she felt someone else restrict her from behind and hold back her other arm.
"We just to talk to you!" Ya Se told her as he and Xiao Yu held onto her tightly.
"More like you're trying to kidnap me!" she barked. As though proving her point, Da Dong slid a pair of handcuffs onto her wrists. She growled at them, "What the hell do you think you're doing?! Don't touch me!" she yelled.

"Yu Yan, listen to us!" Ya Se exclaimed, "We won't hurt you!"
She remained still with her teeth clenched, "Then let go of me," she spat.
"Only if you agree not to run away," Xiao Yu replied.
"As if," she hissed, "Don't blame me if you get hurt!" She then displayed her battle points and her body became surrounded in a soft glow of white coloured yi neng.
"Don't tell me you really will attack us?" Da Dong barked, "We're your brothers!"
"I don't care who you are," she replied, "I'll hurt anyone who gets in my way!" She then used her yi neng to break split the handcuffs in two halves. Following that, she sent a spare of yi neng spiralling towards Da Dong. He was not willing to fight her. He didn't plan to. So he accepted the attack. Da Dong crashed into the wall as a result.

"Egomaniac!" Ya Se cried out after being thrown to the side.
Da Dong stood up and approached her, "Yu Yan, you don't have to be like this. We all know about you and your father," he said softly, "Didn't you want to stay with us? Didn't you want to turn against your father?"
Yu Yan laughed bitterly, "I've changed my mind," she declared before attacking him and Ya Se. She then faced Xiao Yu, ready to attack him.
"You're not really going to hurt Xiao Yu, are you?" Da Dong questioned, worriedly. He wiped away the blood that trickled down his chin and stood up from the ground, "You can hurt me, Yu Yan, but are you really willing to hurt Xiao Yu with your own hands?"

She faltered.

She gritted her teeth, grinding her jaws against each other. "I don't care who it is standing in my way," she spat coldly; "I'll hurt them and steal their yi neng regardless."
Xiao Yu stood up, "Then go on," he said in a kind voice, "If you want to hurt me, I'll let you."
He put his hands to his side and slowly approached her.
Yu Yan lifted a glowing fist, preparing to strike him. She lifted up her fist, causing her sleeve to roll down revealing...

"You're wearing the bracelet I gave you," Xiao Yu breathed with wide eyes.

She scowled and pulled her sleeve back up.

"You haven't really left us... right?" Xiao Yu asked, "You still do care about us, right?" he asked with his eyes filled with hope.

Yu Yan froze in her spot when she felt a dark figure approaching them. It was her father. What is father doing here?! she thought in surprise as she felt her father's dark aura close by. Suddenly, she noticed that Xiao Yu had stepped backwards.

He shut his eyes tightly. "Xiao Yu, what's wrong?" Da Dong asked.
Quickly, Yu Yan put out her hand away Xiao Yu's yi neng.

"Yu Yan!" Both Da Dong and Ya Se exclaimed in disbelief and horror.

"I told you I don't care who it is," she hissed at them, I'm sorry.
"Yu Yan, what are you doing to Xiao Yu?!" Da Dong yelled, "Let him go!"
Smirking, Yu Yan threw the King of Endurance against the wall, leaving him with barely a few hundred battle points left.
"How could you do that?" Ya Se barked at her and she shrugged, grinning at him.
Both KO3s ran to Xiao Yu to help him up.

"I'll leave you guys with a warning today. Let this be a reminder that I don't care who you are - if you stand in my way, I won't hesitate to hurt you," she declared.
"Yu Yan..." Xiao Yu whispered weakly.
She ignored his call and pulled off the bracelet around her wrist before pulling it apart right before his eyes.

Xiao Yu felt his heart pound in pain as all he could do was watching the beads rain down onto the floor and roll into dark nooks and crannies.

"Yu Yan, you've gone too far!" Da Dong barked at her, "You know how much Xiao Yu cares for you yet you still did such a cruel thing!"

"I don't care," was her response before she her heel to leave. I'm sorry.

Suddenly, a man came out of the shadows just as Xiao Yu lost consciousness. "Father," Yu Yan greeted, politely. He didn't say anything. All he did was smirk maliciously and cast a spell that put Ya Se and Da Dong to sleep.

The next thing the three remembered was waking up in a hospital with Ella, Selina and the Cai sisters surrounding them.

 


~*~*~


Xiao Yu clenched and unclenched his fingers, staring sadly at his fist.

"Ding Xiao Yu, little friend, cheer up," Duan Chang Ren encouraged as he served him and Ya Se a bowl of mango pudding. Xiao Yu shook his head and pushed the bowl aside, "I'm sorry, I'm not hungry," he replied in a low voice.
Ya Se sighed, "Xiao Yu, you should eat something. Eating something sweet will make you feel better."
"I'm not in the mood for eating," he replied in a down tone. Ya Se watched him with worry in his eyes. He knew Yu Yan's words and actions would have hurt him alot and that he still wasn't over it.

"Xiao Yu, what are you doing?" Ya Se exclaimed when Xiao Yu slipped off his blue bracelet.
"It's lost its meaning," he muttered before getting out of his seat and walking over to the canal.
Duan Chang Ren turned around, "Hey little friend, what do you plan to do?" he called out before his eyes widened.

Xiao Yu threw the bracelet into the water.

There was a small splash before the bracelet sunk beneath the water and disappeared from sight.

Ya Se jogged over to him, "Xiao Yu! Why did you do that?!" he yelled.
"I've lost hope," he whispered before turning back around.
Ya Se just stared at him in bewilderment, he couldn't believe his words. "How can you say that when you know Yu Yan is being forced against her will? How can you turn your back against her like that?! Don't you love and care about her?!" he yelled, "Don't you want to bring her back? Why are you giving up?!"
Xiao Yu sighed, "I can't do it anymore. For so long I trusted her and believed in her... Ya Se, I find it hard to continue like that. I can't see us with a happy future."
Ya Se frowned and shook his head - he couldn't believe his brother was saying such words. He punched him. "Ding Xiao Yu!" he snapped angrily, "Shakespeare said: 'Hope is a lover's staff; walk hence with that and manage it against despairing thoughts!'" he spoke with anger clearly ripping through his tone, "You can't give up on Yu Yan so easily-"

Xiao Yu cut him off, "She never told me anything!" he yelled angrily, "She never told me her deepest feelings, she never told me the things she told you guys. I've always been kept in the dark, it's hard for me to believe that she's putting on act whenever she breaks my heart!"
"You saw it clearly yourself - she was wearing your bracelet!" shouted Ya Se pushing his friend to the floor, "That was her hope, Xiao Yu! She was still holding onto the hope you gave her!"

"Xiao Yu, Ya Se!" a voice cried.

"But you also saw it clearly yourself - she broke it right before our eyes! Whatever hope that was, she broke it!" Xiao Yu retorted, standing up and pushing Ya Se backwards as well.

"Ding Xiao Yu! Wang Ya Se!" a voice cried out. But the boys did not hear.

"She probably did that in the heat of the moment!" Ya Se barked back.
"I don't care Ya Se! I don't care! I'm sick and tired of this all!" Xiao Yu exclaimed, "I might be the King of Endurance but I can't endure all this pain!"
The boys continued to push and punch each other, yelling and screaming at each other, letting each other's words go in one ear and out the other.

"Stop fighting! Ya Se! Xiao Yu!" the voice yelled again.
"SHUT UP!" both boys yelled as they threw out their fist towards that person, not aware of who it was.

Cai Yun Han fell backwards with blood trickling out of both her nostrils.

When both boys came to their senses, they hugged each other in fear, shrieking, "KING KONG JIE JIEEEE!!!"

Yun Han glared at them and then whipped them with her pain killing truth telling whip. The two boys fell to their knees in pain.

"What the hell do you think the two of you are doing?!" she yelled at them, "You're supposed to be good brothers yet you're here fighting pointlessly! What is there that you can't talk about peacefully?! Why ruin your friendship like this?! Do you want to lose each other after losing Jiang Yu Yan?!" she scolded as she breathed heavily. She then turned to Xiao Yu who was catching his breath, "Ding Xiao Yu! I expected much more from you! When did you start to like fighting?" she lectured, "And just because you had a bad meeting with Yu Yan doesn't mean you should force your negative emotions and thoughts onto everyone else!" she then eyed Ya Se, "And you, Ya Se Wang! You know how he is feeling! He lost most of his battle points and the girl he loves, can't you be more understanding towards him?! It's low of you to hit someone weaker than you!"

Both boys looked away from each other in shame.

Xiao Yu exhaled, "I'm sorry Ya Se," he spoke.
Ya Se sighed, "Same here, Xiao Yu. I didn't want to hit you, I just didn't want to hurt yourself even more," he admitted.
"I know you meant well," Xiao Yu replied with a smile, "You're right, I shouldn't turn my back against Yu Yan so easily. I should fight on."
Ya Se nodded and put out his fist, "Still bros?"
Xiao Yu smirked and chuckled before bumping fists with him, "Of course."

The two then smiled at each other before standing up and looking at Yun Han. "Oh yeah, what are you doing here, Cai Yun Han? " inquired Ya Se.
"You don't normally come here," Xiao Yu added.

Yun Han took in a deep breath before looking them in the eye.

"Wang Da Dong has gone missing."