Chapter 71: Jiang Yu Ting

KO One Re-Live

Yu Ting was running rapidly through the darkness. Ye Zi tailed behind her. He was after her. It was supposed to be the other way around; it was her mission to kill him but her weakness dragged her down and turned the tables. Yu Ting couldn't evade him because of the injuries she had gained from her father's punishment - she had helped Wang Da Dong and that did not go well with her father. She now reached a point where she couldn't use her super speed anymore, she was just too exhausted. She cursed several times.

Ye Zi howled and sent a beam of demonic energy towards her. She turned around and managed to block it just in time with her Sunshine and Rainbows Lollipop but the impact knocked her off the roof she was running on. She tumbled into a busy night market. Coincidentally, Yu Yan and her friends were also there that night.

"Yu Yan!" Da Dong exclaimed with his arm hooked around her neck, "They have so many sweets! Try one!" he stuffed a stick with a spherical candy on the end into .
She narrowed her glass eyes at him, "Aren't you a bit too excited?!" she snapped.
"It's like you've never come to a night market before," Ya Se commented, eyeing all the bags of goodies Da Dong had bought.
"It's Yu Yan's first time, can't I treat myself?" he asked in response.
Xiao Yu sighed with a small smile, "Then the one you should be treating is Yu Yan not yourself."
"It's not like coming here makes a difference to me," Yu Yan grumbled, "Everything's all black."
Da Dong shrugged playfully and grabbed a chain of flowers from a stall and put it around Yu Yan's neck, "Then let's go have some fun," he smiled.

Wu Xiong grabbed a bunch of other flower garlands, "We want to have fun too," she smiled, putting one around her neck and Ya Se's. She then gave one to Xiao Yu and Da Dong.
"We should play some games," Ya Se suggested as they began walking.
"There's a shooting game over there," Da Dong pointed over at a stall with water balloons stuck onto a wall. He dragged Yu Yan over to it. "Boss we want to play!" he said eagerly.
The little old man smiled at them as the group of 5 approached his stall, "Hello there! All you have to do is shoot down all the water-filled balloons with this marble gun," he explained handing Da Dong the plastic green gun.
"Seems pretty easy," Da Dong commented.
"But there's a twist," the man replied, "You have to do it backwards."
"What?!" Da Dong exclaimed in disbelief. Yu Yan scoffed and grabbed the gun and before they could say anything, she turned around and shot down all the balloons. Because she didn't give the stall boss a warning, he got showered in all the water that exploded out of the balloons as he stood right next to them.
She smiled and handed the gun back to Da Dong who had his mouth wide open in shock.

The little old man also had a similar reaction and he was pretty annoyed as well because he was soaked completely in water. Xiao Yu smiled in amusement. Wu Xiong giggled as the little old man wiped away the water that dripped from his head onto his face. "Classmate," he began, forcing a smile onto his face, "Well done!" he congratulated, "Feel free to pick a prize from the selection over here," he gestured over to a shelf filled with stuffed animal toys.
Yu Yan shrugged, "I don't need any prizes."
"Why not?" the man asked, "You're the only one who's managed to pop all the balloons, you must take a prize home. I insist!"
"I don't need it, donate one to the orphanage or something I don't care," she replied with a bored face.
Xiao Yu smiled at her, "I'll pick one for you," he said and reached over to a large fish plushie that was a light green colour. "We'll take this one boss, thanks," he said turning to the owner of the stall.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. It was followed by a scream.

Yu Ting released a cry of agony as Ye Zi crushed her body against the ground. Her face was facing towards the ground and she tried to push herself up but Ye Zi's body was too heavy on her back and bending her spine backwards hurt her even more. She clenched her teeth and her fists, trying to suppress all her pain. Because she had fallen into the middle of the night market, many people had witnessed this scene and hurried away in fear, leaving Yu Ting alone.

"What was that?" Wu Xiong asked after hearing Yu Ting's scream.
"Someone's in danger," Ya Se replied as his body tensed up, "Can you guys feel it too?"
Xiao Yu looked him dead in the eye and nodded, "There's a demon nearby."
"Do you think it's Jiang Ye Zi?" Da Dong asked, looking in the direction of the crash and scream.


Yu Ting shut her eyes tightly in pain, gasping for air as Ye Zi crushed her into the ground. Blood trickled down her chin and her bones were crushed. "Yan Yan Jie!" she cried to her sister feebly through telepathy, "Please... please help me!"

Yu Yan's head immediately looked up as soon as she heard Yu Ting's voice in her head. Her heart began to race - Yu Ting never sounded so desperate and was never so desperate that she needed help. "Yu Ting?" Yu Yan asked facing different directions to try and locate her with her echolocation, "Yu Ting! Where are you?!" she yelled louder as she began leaving her friends to look for her sister.
Xiao Yu looked at her, "Yu Yan?! What's wrong with Yu Ting?" he asked her, trying to catch up with her. He saw her panicked face and his face became serious as she continued to search for her sister. "We should check it out," Ya Se said and the rest of them followed after them using their super speed.

"Yu Ting! What's going on? Where are you?!" Yu Yan asked her sister through telepathy.
"Ye...Z-agh!! Help... please quickly..." Yu Ting responded through telepathy.

Ye Zi stomped on Yu Ting's small form, almost burying her within the concrete floor. His anger was spewing out of him and he ruthlessly assaulted her. He growled and howled, physically hurting her and using his demonic yi neng. Yu Ting struggled greatly beneath him. Right now, her spine was completely broken and she was having problems breathing. Ye Zi put his hands together and created a large sphere of dark energy. He was about to use it to finish of Yu Ting before Yu Yan arrived and sent an energy beam towards him, knocking him away from her sister. As Yu Yan rushed towards her sister and pulled her onto her lap, Da Dong pulled out his dragon tattooed pan and swung it towards Ye Zi, attacking him with a consecutive energy beam. Defenceless at that moment, Ye Zi stumbled backwards.

"Yu Ting!" Yu Yan exclaimed, "What happened?!" Worry was painted all over her face and her heart raced in fear.
Yu Ting choked and coughed, not able to breathe successfully. Her broken figure was unmoving in her sister's lap. "Y-Yan Yan... Jie..." she managed to whisper, "I'm i-in... so... much pain..." she stuttered, coughing in between in her words. Tears flood her eyes as Xiao Yu and Wu Xiong knelt down beside them.
"S-Someone call an ambulance," Yu Yan ordered, trying to keep herself calm.
Yu Ting shut her eyes tightly and faintly shook her head, "I-I w-won't...make....it," she spluttered, "I'm....s-scared..."
"Don't speak like that," Yu Yan spat as she grew more and more anxious at Yu Ting's condition, "You weren't raised to be scared."
Yu Yan grabbed onto her sister's hand and held onto it tightly as though her sister was slipping away from her, "You'll be fine," she said. She knew Yu Ting was severely injured, but it hurt her that she couldn’t see her sister’s face. Maybe it was better that she didn’t see her face or she would have felt even more scared.

Da Dong and Ya Se held their weapons against Ye Zi who had summoned his demon tattooed pan. They got into a battle. Da Dong and Ya Se were struggling to hold back against Ye Zi's stronger energy beam that was dominating their joint one. Da Dong increased his battle points to exceed 10,000 which did make their energy beam stronger but it was not strong enough to push Ye Zi back. "Egomaniac, he's too strong!" Ya Se exclaimed as he felt the wind being produced by their energy beams push him backwards. His feet began to slip and he looked back at Yu Yan who was with her sister. He saw her pained face and didn't have the heart to ask Xiao Yu for help for he was by her side.

"I thought I-I was...re-ady for... de-death... b-but I'm. .. so scared..." Yu Ting cried, breathing louder and harder.
Yu Yan squeezed her hand tightly, "Don't spout rubbish Yu Ting!" she exclaimed as her glass eyes began to shine with tears though she did not let them fall, "Wu Xiong has called an ambulance okay? It's going to be okay! And father can help you too; you're not going to die. Just hold on... please!" Yu Yan bit her lip. Seeing how much pain she was in, Xiao Yu grabbed onto Yu Yan's other hand and gave it a comforting and reassuring squeeze.
Yu Ting mustered a faint smile as her gaze failed to stay focused. "X-Xiao...Y-u...g-ge." she stuttered.
Xiao Yu looked at her, "Yeah?" he asked in a gentle voice.
"L-look...a-after my.... s-sis-...ter...." she coughed out.
Yu Yan's lips began quivering, "Hey, now's not the time to say rubbish like that!" she exclaimed, swallowing down the lump in .
"I will," Xiao Yu replied firmly, "You can count on me Yu Ting, I will look after her. I will always be by her side. I promise."
"Xiao Yu! She won't die so don't say nonsense like that!" Yu Yan snapped at him.
"Yu Ting, it won't be long now!" Wu Xiong exclaimed, "Wait a little longer!"

Yu Ting's grip on Yu Yan's hand began to loosen. She closed her eyes, "Xiao Yu Ge, Yan Yan Jie loves you all. She might act coldly but her heart has been softened by you, please always stay by her side," she said to Xiao Yu through telepathy.
Xiao Yu's eyes widened, "I promise," he replied.

"Wu Xiong Jie, thank you for being a good friend to my sister. She's a really hard person to get along with but thank you for your perseverance."


"Ya Se Wang, Yan Yan Jie has never considered anyone as her best friend but you."


"Golden Monkey Ge, please believe in my sister. I don't know what's right and wrong anymore and I don't care. I just want her to be happy."


"Yan Yan Jie, I'm not as close to father as you are but maybe that's why I was able to realise that no one has any reason to deprive anyone of their right to love others, not even father."

Everyone glanced back at Yu Ting, even Da Dong and Ya Se who were in the middle of a fight with Ye Zi. Yu Yan's face fell into an emotionless blank stare as Yu Ting's hand fell to the ground and her head dropped to the side. "Yu Ting," she whispered, paralysed in shock. "Hey, now's not the time to be playing jokes..." she murmured blankly.
Wu Xiong covered with a gasp.

"I hope we can be sisters again if we have another life..."

A single tear rolled down Yu Yan's cheek, "Don't be stupid... tools only have one life..." she muttered before blinking blankly.
Xiao Yu looked at her worryingly, "Yu Yan..." he trailed off.
Yu Yan breathed in deeply, blinking back all her tears, "Little Fish, I'm fine," she whispered in a fading voice.

Suddenly, Ye Zi barged passed Da Dong and Ya Se and Yu Ting's dead body into his demon tattooed pan. The process blew away Yu Yan, Xiao Yu and Wu Xiong who skid across the floor from excess energy exerted by the pan.

"Yu Ting!" They all exclaimed as they got their feet.
"You killed my sister," Yu Yan whispered as she walked towards him, "And you've completely absorbed her... how can you be a mindless demon if you can do things like that?" she asked quietly but in a sinister voice.
Xiao Yu grabbed onto her arm and pulled her back towards him, "Yu Yan, it's not safe! Don't go near him!" he told her, holding her back.
"Let me go," she whispered, "That's my sister... that's my sister... no one gets away with hurting my sister!" she exclaimed angrily, struggling in Xiao Yu's grasp.

"Let me handle him!" Da Dong reassured her, charging at the demon with his own pan.
Ye Zi easily deflected Da Dong but Ya Se and Wu Xiong charged towards him straight after as he left himself wide open. Ye Zi crashed into a stall and Da Dong then sent multiple energy beams towards him. The three of them then fought against Ye Zi in an even tougher battle. Even though they landed hits on him, Ye Zi had absorbed Yu Ting and her battle points so now he was much stronger than before.

"Let me go! I want to smash his face in!" Yu Yan screeched but Xiao Yu hugged her tightly.
"Yu Yan calm down please," Xiao Yu pleaded, "You'll get hurt if you act so reckless!"
Yu Yan balled up her fists and began banging them on his chest, wanting to get free from him, "Let me go!" she shrieked.
Xiao Yu held her even tighter. He didn't let her go and eventually she calmed down after giving up. She became still in his arms and the two stood there in silence before he felt Yu Yan's body begin to shake.

"I'm so pathetic," he heard her whisper. "I can't even protect my own sister," she said, "And I'm too weak to even avenge her."
Xiao Yu her hair as he watched the others chase Ye Zi away. "You're not weak Yu Yan. You're the strongest girl I've ever met and even pretty scary. Whoever messes with you must be mad," he whispered gently into her ear, "Together we will avenge Yu Ting. You, me, Da Dong and Ya Se. You can count on us."
Yu Yan shut her eyes tightly as she gripped Xiao Yu's shirt and faced his chest, "Lend me your shoulder," she muttered.
"Always," he whispered, positioning her head on his shoulder.

Yu Yan then cried. She cried to her heart's content. She cried for the sister that was in her heart. A heart that was small but empty. Jiang Yu Yan knew what love was. She knew that love brought pain. A pain that she wasn't able to express in words but only in tears.