Chapter 50: Discussion

KO One Re-Live

"Good morning, Yu Yan," Xiao Yu smiled as he prepared their lunch boxes for the day.
"Morning," Yu Yan smiled as she happily walked into the kitchen.
Xiao Yu noticed her odd positivity, finding it weird as she was never so happy so early in the morning. "You look like you're in a good mood today," he commented as he watched her stuff a piece of toast into .
"Do I?" she asked before snorting, "Maybe I am," she sang as she pat his head and walked over to the sink, "Need my help with anything?"
Xiao Yu eyed her, suspiciously, "You're acting really weird..." he said slowly, "Help me by going back to the old Yu Yan."

Yu Yan shrugged and wiped her hands dry, "Oh well, I tried. Acting cheerful isn't my forte," she walked over to the shoe shelf to put on her shoes. "I'll be leaving first, bye," she then said, picking up her school bag and leaving the flat. Xiao Yu tilted his head in confusion, "What's up with her?" he muttered before putting her lunch box as well as his own into his bag. He then chuckled and shook his head slowly.

 


~*~*~
 


"We have a new student joining us today!" Tian Xin exclaimed to her class that morning.
"Another one?" Sha Jie groaned, "How many are there?"
"I wonder who it is," Da Dong muttered.
"Come in!" Tian Xin smiled and in through the door came... Tian Hong Guang!?

"Hong Guang Ge????" Da Dong exclaimed.
Tiang Hong Guang bowed a little before the class and smiled at them all.
"Are you our new classmate?" Ya Se asked and he nodded.
"But why did you come back to school?" Da Dong asked, "You're no longer a student and why would the former meng zhu come to Zhong Ji Yi Ban?"
Hong Guang grinned, "Since I've finally been relieved of my meng zhu duties, I have a lot of spare time so I want to go back to finish High School and graduate with you all," he explained.

Jin Bao San shot out of his seat, "Tiang Hong Guang?! The legendary KO One?! Oh my god!!!" he burst out and suddenly he was at Hong Guang's feet bowing. "Please look after me! Please look after Zhong Ji Yi Ban! Please become our fearless leader!" he begged before Da Dong snapped his fingers and the iron pot fell from the ceiling and hit his head.
"Jin Bao San!" he barked, "How can you be so disrespectful?!"
Hong Guang smiled, "It's okay, since I'm a ma gua now I'll follow behind Wang Da Dong - he is the leader after all," he replied.
"No!" Da Dong blurted out and stood up, "I mean, Hong Guang Ge, you should take over! How can I be in a position above KO One and the former ruler of the dimension?" he questioned.
Hong Guang chuckled, "Just call me Ah Guang okay? There's no need to set up statuses between us. Treat me as a friend all right?"
Da Dong quickly nodded obediently.
Ya Se chuckled at Da Dong's sudden obedience and watched him bring out the chair from an empty desk for him to sit on. This fella suddenly becomes so obedient in front of all his underlings, it's quite a sight to see, he cracked a smile.

"Zhong Ji Yi Ban is really the strongest ever!" Jin Bao San exclaimed, "We have the powerful KO4 and both KO3s who are like brothers and then we had the legendary KO2 right under our noses and now we have the almighty KO One!!! We are the strongest!" He began drumming his hands on his desk, and he was followed by several other students who drummed along in Zhong Ji Yi Ban's glory.

"Okay okay," Tian Xin chimed, "I have something else to tell you guys.
"Greater than an ex-meng zhu joining our class?" Sha Yu asked.
"It depends on how you see it," Tian Xin replied, "Guess what's coming up at the end of this month?" she asked.
"Chinese New Year?" Jin Bao San replied.
"That's right, but there's also another event that you should be looking forward to!" she exclaimed.
My death? Yu Yan replied in her head before she snickered, Ah, I'm so funny.
Xiao Yu gave Yu Yan a weird look as he watched her laugh to herself.

"Another event?" Liang Zhi asked.
"Those who are new to Zhong Ji Yi Ban may not know, but those of you who were here last year and the year before that should know," Tian Xin replied.

"Egomaniac," Ya Se turned to Da Dong, "What's this other event?"
Da Dong shrugged, "I don't know."
Tian Xin pouted, "It's Guava High's Midwinter festival!"
"What's that?" Da Dong asked as question marks hovered above his head.
"Never heard of it," another student added.
"Me neither," another commented.

Unimpressed, Tian Xin put her hands on her hips, "I'm disappointed in you guys! Our school's Midwinter festival is one of our traditions! Every class prepares something for the festival be it a stall or performance or whatever and the whole day is just filled with fun. It gives everyone a chance to get together and relax and it's open to the public so is a great opportunity to raise some money - how can you guys not know about it?" she questioned.
"Zhong Ji Yi Ban has never taken part so how would we know?" Da Dong asked.
"I'll tell you why you've never taken part," Tian Xin began, "It's because two years ago you all picked fights with students from other schools and ruined the whole festival!" she explained, annoyed.
"I don't remember such a thing," Da Dong laughed, "But it seems like something we would do."
"Yes and the Principal banned all of you from setting even a foot into the premises on festival days," Tian Xin reminded.

"If we're banned from going to the festival, what's the point in bringing it up?" Ya Se inquired.
"Because the principal wants you to take part this year," Tian Xin responded, going behind her teaching podium.
"What?" Jin Bao San exclaimed.
"Ban Dao, we are not participating!" Da Dong added.
"Why would the principal want us to take part all of a sudden?" Sha Jie groaned.
"Zhong Ji Yi Ban has a really bad reputation lately even in the yi neng world, and its tarnishing the reputation of Guava High School. So the principal wants our class to participate to improve relationships with the school and other schools. He wants every single one of you to do something this year," Tian Xin explained.

"This is so annoying!" a student groaned.
"I don't want to participate!"
"I can't be bothered."
"It's a stupid idea."

"Please?" Tian Xin pleaded, "I know it'll be a lot of work to juggle your school work and preparations, but I will give you more preparation time during lesson time."
She looked at Wang Da Dong with puppy dog eyes and Da Dong put up his fist to silence his class. When the class was silent, he spoke up, "Zhong Ji Yi Ban will participate this year and we will behave!" he exclaimed, "But we will crush the other classes and show the world who the best class is!"
"YEAH!!!!" the class chorused.

Tian Xin smiled, "I'll give you this morning period to discuss what you want to do and hand out roles," she explained, "Who wants to be our scribe and representative?"
Jin Bao San shot up his hand, "I'm the class monitor so it makes sense that I do it!"
"No, I'll do it," Ya Se objected and stood up. He snatched the piece of chalk out of Jin Bao San's hand and walked over to the chalk board.
"Ya Se Wang~!" Jin Bao San wailed but was shut up by the fierce glare Ya Se sent him.
"If I let you be in charge, all the girls might be forced to wear stupid maid costumes in a maid cafe!" he barked.
"So no maid cafe?" Jin Bao San asked, sadly.
"No!" Ya Se exclaimed.

"Then what do we do?" Fu Tou asked.
"Raise your hand if you have any suggestions," Ya Se explained as he drew a spider diagram on the board, writing 'ideas' at the centre.
"A cross dressing stall?" Da Dong suggested and Ya Se wrote it down.
"If we do a stall, what should we sell?" Xiao Yu asked.
Jin Bao San erupted into a burst of erted laughter, "The girls can sell kisses for 100NT$!" he replied.
Sha Jie glared at Jin Bao San before she threw a pen at him. It hit him directly on his head, shutting him up. He laughed nervously, "Okay okay, no kissing booth," he stuttered, "Sorry," he apologised in English.

"How about lanterns or other ornaments for Chinese New Year?" Yun Han suggested.
"That's boring!" Lin Da responded.
"Who's going to provide them?" Tao Zi added.
Nevertheless, Ya Se wrote it down.
"How about we set up a booth where people can pay to punch Da Dong Ge, Ya Se Wang or Xiao Yu?" Da La proposed.
"That's a great idea!" Xiao La commented.
"You pigs!" Sha Jie exclaimed, "I don't want my Da Dong to get injured!"
"Your Da Dong?" Zhu Pi retorted, "Do you have a better idea then?"
"A dessert stall!" Sha Jie shot back.
Wu Xiong's eyes lit up at the mention of desserts and Ya Se wrote the idea down.

"Any more ideas?" Ya Se asked.
Tian Xin turned to her younger brother, "Ah Guang, do you have any ideas? You are a part of this class after all, you should contribute," she said.
All eyes were then on KO One.
"Uhhh," he stuttered looking around at everyone who was staring at him, "How about a performance?"
"A performance?" Da Dong repeated, "What would we do?"
"How about a play?" Xia Ba suggested.
"A play requires a lot of work," Ya Se commented, "We only have 15 minutes."
"A short play?" Liang Zhi continued.

"How about a magic show?" Sha Yu asked, "We are the only class with yi neng, we could come up with some tricks."
"That's a cool idea," Fu Tou replied followed by a series of consensus.
"But our class leaders need to be in the spotlight but they're ma guas," Yun Han pointed out.
"We don't need to be in the spotlight," Da Dong reassured.
Hong Guang spoke up, "No, I think it's a good idea to put you three at the centre," he said, "Most of the hate on Zhong Ji Yi Ban is aimed at you three so you should definitely show people that you're innocent," he explained, "Do something and wow the crowd."

"That makes sense," Ya Se muttered.
"Jiang Yu Yan, do you have any ideas?" Tian Xin asked, trying to involve everyone in the discussion. When she didn't reply, Xiao Yu leaned over his desk to hear soft and faint snores.
He chuckled, "She's asleep," he said, "But she would probably suggest something with food."
"Bananas?" Wu Xiong suggested.
"Narcissist, what do you suggest?" Da Dong asked.
"I don't really care," Ya Se shrugged, "Ah Guang Ge, what do you think we should do?"
"How about a mini concert?" he asked. Ya Se nodded slowly, liking the idea.

"We can sing 'KO One' and have a super awesome dance!" Da Dong exclamed, clearly liking the idea, "We can show all the other high schools how great we are!"
"And Da Dong Ge, Ya Se Wang, Xiao Yu and An Guang Ge can be our singers!" Sha Jie gushed.
"Fahrenheit!" Jin Bao San exclaimed happily, "And I can be their newest member!" he laughed.
"No Jin Bao San," Wu Xiong glared angrily at him, stabbing him in the heart with her eyes.
Anime tears burst out of his eyes, "My dream has been crushed once again!" he bawled.

Hong Guang chuckled, "I like this idea," he commented, "But I think everyone should do something on stage."
"The rest of the class can be background dancers," Xia Ba replied.
"Does everyone like this idea?" Ya Se asked and everyone agreed. "Okay now to hand out roles," he announced, "Since Egomaniac, Xiao Yu, Ah Guang Ge and myself are singing, we'll handle the songs and instruments."
"Us girls can make your costumes if you give us your list of songs," Sha Jie answered.
Liang Zhi nodded, "You have time for another three songs."
"How about Superb as another song?" Da Dong asked.
"But then we can't dance with all our instruments," Xiao Yu replied.
"Fu Tou and I can be the DJs and compose the music for the other songs!" Zhu Pi answered.
"And I can help with the choreography!" Sha Yu added.
"My sister and I can create the props and handle the lighting," Yun Han spoke up, "We can keep a leash on Jin Bao San and his followers as well," she continued, looking over at him darkly.

Ya Se nodded, wiping the board clean and writing down everyone's roles. "Okay now that's settled, we just have to decide the other two songs," he explained.
"How about a ballad?" Xiao Yu asked.
"Fahrenheit have so many good ballads," Hong Guang pointed out, "Which ones do we pick?"

[A/N: technically at this moment in time FRH have barely even debuted but I'm going to pretend that they've released all four albums :)]

"How about 'Lonesome Sprint
'?" Ya Se asked.
"I like 'Stay With Me' better," Da Dong admitted.
"'Love You Lots' and 'In Our Hearts We Know' are good songs too," Hong Guang added.
"'Silently' is a good one too," Xiao Yu added.

"You'll get nowhere like this," Jin Bao San inputted.
"How about we just decide later?" Ya Se suggested.
"The festival will take place a week earlier this year so that it doesn't class with Chinese New Year, so you have about two weeks. Make sure you decide by then," Tian Xin informed.
"What will you be doing for the fourth song, another ballad?" Liang Zhi asked.
"Hmm, should we?" Da Dong asked as he turned to look at his brothers.
"How about a duet so that you're singing something different," Tian Xin recommended. As soon as she said that, a light bulb flashed in both Da Dong and Ya Se's brains and they burst out simultaneously: "A duet with Xiao Yu and Yu Yan!"

"What?" came Yu Yan's voice as she lifted up her head from her sleep, groggily, "Did you mention my name?" she asked as she stretched her arms.
Xiao Yu chuckled, "Sure, I'm up for it."
Yu Yan looked around, feeling lost, but then everything cleared up in her mind and she was back to her normal state. "Up for what?" she asked.
"A duet?" Hong Guang repeated before grinning, "Sure, that sounds great."
"A duet?" Yu Yan repeated, "When did I agree to this?"
"Please?" Xiao Yu asked, "You’re not doing anything anyway."
"Can't I just pull a curtain or something?" she wondered, "I'm pretty useless and you want me to sing? You're funny."
"Aww come on Jiang Yu Yan," Tian Xin began, "You have a beautiful singing voice."

"I won't even be at that stupid festival," she replied, I'll be dead by then and I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
"Why not? It'll be fun," Xiao Yu responded.
"Because..." she paused to think of an excuse, "Because my father's taking me and my sisters on holiday back to Japan during school break," she lied.
"But aren't you and your father on bad terms right now?" Da Dong asked.
"Yeah... but..." she trailed off, "I don't want to do anything okay? I don't know if I'll be able to make it... I don't to let you guys down..."
Sha Jie snorted, "Ugly Jiang caring about something like this?" she laughed before turning to the trio, "What did you guys do to her?" she laughed.
Da Dong ignored her comment and hopped over to Yu Yan's desk. He dragged a chair over and sat at her desk and grabbed her hands, "Please Yu Yan? You and Xiao Yu can sing a love song together!"
Yu Yan's eyes widened and she whacked Da Dong across his head, "Is that supposed to persuade me?!" she spat with a light blush rising onto her cheeks.

Groaning, Da Dong rubbed his now throbbing head. "Okay okay I'm sorry," he apologised, "But will you do it for us?" he pleaded.
Yu Yan exhaled, "Fine, but on one condition," she said.
"What is it?" asked Da Dong.
"She-" she pointed at Sha Jie, "Has to be my backup."
"Me?" Sha Jie exclaimed.
"That's right," Yu Yan responded, "Just in case I can't make it, you can sing with him."
"Then Da Dong has to be my backup," Xiao Yu quickly said.
"What, why me?!" Da Dong exclaimed.

Tian Xin stood up and clasped her hands together, "Okay that's final!" she beamed as Ya Se finished writing it all on the board, "I'm glad you all sorted it out calmly!"