Chapter 87: Brothers

KO One Re-Live

The next morning, Xiao Yu woke up quite late into the afternoon. After he freshened up, he went downstairs to eat breakfast only to be met with a surprise.

"Xiao Yu! You're finally awake!" Da Dong exclaimed, standing up.
"Morning, sunshine!" Ya Se chuckled.

Xiao Yu looked to Duan Chang Ren, "What are they doing here?" he asked in a low voice.
"Xiao Yu, you're really troublesome, you know?" Da Dong laughed as he walked over to him, "We looked all over for you but who knew you were staying with Duan Chang Ren?" he laughed and swung an arm around his shoulder.
"They were worried about you, Little Friend Ding Xiao Yu," Duan Chang Ren explained.
"We need to talk," Ya Se said to the King of Endurance, "Now."
Xiao Yu sighed and the three brothers went outside to talk.

"What is there to talk about?" Xiao Yu muttered, looking down at his feet.
"You know what we want to talk about, Xiao Yu," Ya Se replied.
"I don't want to talk about it," he responded.
"Xiao Yu, the only reason I didn't tell you about Yu Yan was because she told me not to," Da Dong explained, straightforwardly, "She didn't want to hurt you. She really does care about you, Xiao Yu."
Xiao Yu released a bitter laugh.
"Listen to us!" Ya Se yelled, "She kept it in to protect you but that guilt was still there in her heart and it was eating away at her! I didn't know the truth either, Xiao Yu! I had to work it out all by myself."
Xiao Yu didn't reply.
"Xiao Yu, I know it was wrong to keep such a thing from you but I didn't have the heart to tell you! Neither Yu Yan or I wanted you to feel betrayed and hurt - but it doesn't mean that we didn't feel bad for keeping you in the dark!" Da Dong exclaimed.

And then he explained everything to him from the beginning. Everything he knew about Yu Yan. With this new piece of information, Xiao Yu was able to fit all the pieces together and make sense of all the visions he had scene. He knew the whole situation now - Yu Yan's past and present - he knew it now.

Da Dong exhaled deeply after telling him the truth, "Xiao Yu, if you're still mad at us," he began before putting his hands down and closing his eyes, "Come, you can hit me as many times as you want. I don't know any other way to make it up to you."
Xiao Yu looked at him deeply before lifting up his fist.
"Xiao Yu, you're really-" Ya Se was cut off.
"Narcissist, let him!" Da Dong barked.
Xiao Yu looked at his fist before throwing it out towards Da Dong. Da Dong shut his eyes tightly, expecting impact... but it didn't come. Instead, he felt himself being embraced. When he opened his eyes, he saw Xiao Yu with an arm over his shoulder and his other hand was covering his eyes.
"Xiao Yu..." he whispered.
"How could I hurt my good brother?" Xiao Yu chuckled with tears pooling in his eyes. "I'm sorry Da Dong about yesterday... I apologise."

"You're not mad at us anymore?" Da Dong asked with wide eyes.
Xiao Yu shook his head as the tears began to fall, "I'm mad at myself for not being there for Yu Yan and not protecting her..." he muttered. And then it was his turn to explain everything he knew about Yu Yan. He told his brothers about his meetings with Yu Yan's father and all the dreams and visions he'd had.

Duan Chang Ren came outside to see where the boys had gone as they had been out for so long already. As he stepped out, he called out, "Little Friends!" But then he paused and his face softened when he saw the three brothers in warm group hug. Duan Chang Ren smiled at the heart warming sight before him.

 


~*~*~
 


As it was a Sunday, the boys had nothing to do that day which meant that Xiao Yu's mind kept thinking about Yu Yan. Whilst the boys sat at a cafe together drinking bubble tea, Ya Se came up with an idea.

"Brothers," he said, gaining their attention, "Why don't we all get new haircuts?" he suggested, "We can keep Xiao Yu busy like that so he doesn't get upset thinking about Yu Yan."
"I think that's a great idea! I've been in need one of for a while now," Da Dong replied with a grin. He then turned to Xiao Yu for his response but Xiao Yu was touching his long bangs.
"A haircut?" Xiao Yu echoed slowly, "I quite like my hair the way it is."
"Oh come on, Xiao Yu!" Da Dong exclaimed, "If your hair gets any longer people will think you're a girl!"
"I don't think my face looks feminine-" Xiao Yu retorted before being interrupted.
Ya Se chuckled, "You have the face of a baby."
Xiao Yu touched his cheek and his hand then moved down to his chin, "Really?" he asked, curiously, "Could I really pass as a girl?"
Da Dong stood up and grabbed his wrist, "Come, we'll make you into the most handsome man alive!" he laughed, dragging him out of the cafe.

Xiao Yu looked at his reflection in the mirror. There was no clear emotion on his face but he seemed to be quite interested in this new style of his. His hair was dyed brown and was cut shorter and the boys had gotten him a stud to wear on his ear. He looked at himself curiously.

"Handsome!" Da Dong beamed clapping his handsome, "Xiao Yu, you're so handsome!"
"I have to agree with Egomaniac," Ya Se admitted, "I can see you breaking hearts," he joked.

Da Dong and Ya Se both had just gotten trims and Ya Se had tints of blonde in his now dark brown hair. The three of them were really handsome.

Xiao Yu continued to stare at himself in the mirror and Da Dong approached him. Da Dong looked at him in the mirror and put a hand on his shoulder, "You know..." he began, "If Yu Yan could see you like this, she would definitely fall in love with you." He smiled at him faintly, knowing that he had touched upon a soft topic.
"You mean she would fall in love with him all over again," Ya Se corrected with a smile.
Xiao Yu's already blank face fell and he released a small sigh, "It doesn't matter if our love is requited because we will never have the chance to be together."

"Xiao Yu, I promise you that we will try everything we can to bring Yu Yan back to us," Da Dong declared, putting out his fist.
Ya Se nodded, "I promise too," he added, bumping Da Dong's fist, "Will you join us in getting your beloved back?"
A smile cracked open onto Xiao Yu's face. He stood up and the three of them connected fists.

"Jiang Yu Yan belongs with us."

 

 

 

~*~*~



[Silver Dimension]

"Da Dong, why did you drag me here?" Xiu inquired as they exited the Dimension Door into the Silver Dimension.
"Too keep Xiao Yu busy!" Da Dong replied as though it was obvious, "And also, I want to go dimension travelling so it’s killing two birds with one stone!"
"And I am that stone?" Xiu asked.
"Exactly!"

Ya Se just shook his head at his brother with a chuckle before turning to Xiao Yu. "Xiao Yu, treat this as a mini vacation, alright?" he said and Xiao Yu nodded.

The four of them walked up the mountain through a stair case up to a temple. As they walked up, Da Dong, Ya Se and Xiao Yu admired the lovely scenery around them.

"Xiu, so this is the silver dimension?" Da Dong asked, slightly disappointed.
Xiu nodded, "Yes."
"It's not that different from the Gold Dimension," he responded, looking around.
"That's right, it's quite beautiful," Xiao Yu spoke.
The four of them then reached the top of the steps before Xiu spoke up.
"Let me tell you something," he said, turning to the three boys, "Just look around, don't touch things unnecessarily," he instructed as they stopped. "Since the recovery of the dimension flow, Meng Zhu strictly forbid travelling through dimensions for fun. If he knows I brought you through the dimensions for fun, I'll definitely be punished." he continued, seriously.

"Yo man, you're here for a vacation. Just relax and calm down, okay?" Da Dong responded.
"How can I relax?" Xiu questioned in response, "I didn't want to come. You're the one who forced me here."
"We're here for Xiao Yu; as a friend can't you do something small like this?" Da Dong asked.
Xiao Yu smiled, almost sheepishly, "Sorry about that, Xiu," he said, "The three of us have finally gotten back our battle points so we want to travel through dimensions and have a look," he explained.

Ya Se smiled before classical music began to play. "Shakespeare said, 'A fun holiday can loosen up the stressful feelings of a knight.'"
Da Dong put out his hand eagerly, "I have a phrase too!" he told them, excitedly, "Tiramishu says, 'The contentment of guilt is able to loosen up the lower abdomen of a lady,'" he spoke proudly before bursting out in laughter. When his friends just stood there in silence, unimpressed, he cleared his throat awkwardly, "Not funny," he muttered to himself.

Xiu rolled his eyes, "Alright, no matter who said it, everyone must remember not to interrupt anything in the silver dimension. It would mess up the flow of the dimensions and the consequences would be very serious-" he then paused after seeing some people approaching, "There are people coming!" he exclaimed in a hushed tone.
"We should hide first," Ya Se suggested and Xiao Yu nodded.
"Where do we hide? Where do we hide?" Da Dong asked as they all ran into the temple and huddled together behind some statues in a panic.

You know how the rest goes, right? Da Dong causes the big boulder to land on Liu Bei whilst he, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are swearing an oath together. Then Guan Yu attempts to commit suicide and then is knocked out by Zhang Fei who then meets Da Dong and the rest. They then decide to make Xiu switch places with Liu Bei so that Guan Yu does not notice so thus bring Liu Bei to the gold dimension to treat him... well... a while later...

[Gold Dimesion, Da Dong's House]

Hong Guang stood with Lei Ke Si in front of Da Dong's wardrobe where the trio had stuffed Liu Bei into. He sweat dropped, "Da Dong... is this what you meant when you said you'd bring him back to the Gold Dimension to treat him...?" he asked.
Da Dong nervously chuckled, "I panicked."
"Well it's a start," Lei Ke Si muttered.

Suddenly, Wang Mama walked into the bedroom with a tray of cut fruit. "Boys! I have some snacks for you!" she beamed with a smile. Instantly, the five boys threw themselves in front of the wardrobe to cover up the unconscious Liu Bei.
Wang Mama looked at them weirdly, "What's wrong?" she asked.
The boys released nervous laughs, "N-Nothing..." they stuttered with fake smiles on their faces.