Chapter 73: Mission

KO One Re-Live

[Iron Dimension]

 

"Gui Long????" Jiu Wu exclaimed as he shot out of his seat. Da Dong and Xiu flinched and moved their heads back at his sudden outburst.

Jiu Wu took inhaled and exhaled before looking at them seriously, "So let me get this straight," he began, "You want Gui Long to help you fight against the demon tattooed pan?"
Da Dong nodded, "Ah Guang Ge came up with the idea and I think it makes sense."
"After all, Gui Long has the power of mie, is a demonic yi neng xing zhe and has no body of his own so is essentially a spirit. He fits the criteria needed to wield the ghost tattooed pan," Xiu added.
The young meng zhu looked at them, "Of course I agree that Gui Long has the ability to wield the ghost tattooed pan, but Xiu, have you forgotten that Gui Long is missing?" Jiu Wu questioned, "Gui Long disappeared because of the departing and returning curse, there’s a chance that he isn’t even alive anymore.”

“But isn’t there also a chance that he’s still alive somewhere in the Iron Dimension?” Da Dong asked.

Jiu Wu sighed, “There is Da Dong but at most, he would be a fading spirit. It’s kind of like how Han was when you saw her in Mie: if he is alive, he would most likely be in the form of a broken soul. However, even if we do somehow find Gui Long and persuade him to help you in the gold dimension, he doesn't have a physical body to pass through the dimension door. In other words, he will have to use Da Dong's body and possess him to cross dimensions."

Xiu bit his lip, "That's right, I forgot," he then sighed, "Gui Long is no longer in Xia Tian's body."

“It would cause too much trouble for Gui Long to return to Xia Tian’s body and go to the Gold Dimension for they could hurt Da Dong severely,” the Meng Zhu further explained.
"I don't care if he has to possess my body," Da Dong stated, "As long as we can find him and defeat Jiang Ye Zi, then that price is nothing."
"I admire your courage Da Dong, but who knows if we can even find Gui Long in time? And we aren't even sure if he would be willing to help you," Jiu Wu responded.
"So Meng Zhu, are you not willing to help us?" Da Dong asked, feeling disappointed.
"I am," Jiu Wu smiled, "I have a feeling Gui Long is residing in Mojie, it would be the most convenient place for him given his condition and it's the perfect time to test out my new invention!"
"Really?!" Da Dong exclaimed, "Thank you so much Meng Zhu!"

Jiu Wu chuckled, "It's no problem, but this mission carries many risks," he added and then turned to Xiu, "Xiu, pass the message onto Xia Tian, Lan Ling Wang and Xia Yu. We'll need a team of strong yi neng xing zhe's to even enter Mojie."
"Yes, Meng Zhu!" Xiu nodded and went off using his super speed, leaving Meng Zhu and Da Dong alone.

Once he was gone Jiu Wu turned to Da Dong and smiled, "So we're finally alone now, huh, Da Dong?" he spoke with a small smile.
"Do you have anything else to tell me, Meng Zhu?" Da Dong asked as Jiu Wu walked towards him.
Jiu Wu smirked at him seductively, "I heard you're single," he whispered into his ear.
Da Dong nervously took a step back, "Yeah..." he stuttered before Jiu Wu placed his hands on Da Dong's chest.
"Fortunately for you, I am too~" he replied and pushed him against the wall.
As Jiu Wu began closing in on him, Da Dong could only press his back against the wall, "Uh... Meng Zhu...?" Da Dong stuttered, feeling a blush forming onto his face.

Jiu Wu paused and stepped backwards, "Wait here and don't move. The director forgot something in this scene," he said and then whipped out a small stool. He put it on the floor and then stood on top of it so that he was able to tower over the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban. He cleared his throat and got back into character.

Jiu Wu slammed his hand on the wall, just by Da Dong's head and looked down at him with a y stare, "Da Dong~" he murmured, "I always had a thing for you since you look so much like Xia Tian," he said and his lip slowly.
Da Dong gulped as the Meng Zhu's face neared his and his gaze moved from up on his face down to his feet, "Uh... Meng Zhu..." he stammered as he slid downwards slowly to escape him, "I-I didn't know you... had a side like....this," his voice turned into a small mutter as Jiu Wu slammed his other hand beside Da Dong's head, trapping him. Jiu Wu leaned forward as Da Dong began to shrink down slowly. "I'm sorry Meng Zhu... I'm flattered that you feel this way about me.... but," he paused to look him directly in the eyes.
"But?" Jiu Wu asked in a soft and gentle voice which made Da Dong gulp.
"I-I only like girls..." he trailed off.
"Oh really?" Jiu Wu asked before he smiled and pulled away from him. He flicked his forehead and then playfully jumped off the stool he was standing on. "That's good, I was just checking," he grinned.

Da Dong touched his forehead and breathed a huge sigh of relief, "Meng Zhu, please don't play jokes like that!" he exclaimed with a deep exhale.
"Wasn't it funny?" Jiu Wu asked as he crossed his arms in thought.
Da Dong sighed and shook his head.
Jiu Wu shoved his hands into his pockets, "I thought it was funny! But Xia Tian reacted the same way. Gosh, the two of you have no sense of humour," he replied, rolling his eyes, "Oh well, you two are alternates after all, maybe that's why you acted similarly."
"Meng Zhu, I think every guy would act the same way," Da Dong replied, looking at the ruler of the iron dimension in disbelief.
"Really? I think my charms can turn any straight guy gay; you and Xia Tian must be broken," Jiu Wu shrugged and Da Dong just shook his head with a sigh. "Hey Da Dong, how do you think Gui Long would react?!" he inquired, eagerly and enthusiastically.

"Meng Zhu, no!" Da Dong exclaimed.

How was his best friend, Ding Xiao Yu's alternate counterpart like this? The two were so different it was unbelievable!

 


~*~*~
 


Xia Mei grumbled to herself as she watched her brothers and beloved Little Lan Lan get ready to leave for their mission. "Why can't I go too?!" she whined, "I have Gui Wa and I need someone to protect my Little Lan Lan!"
Xia Yu crossed his arms, "Xia Mei, Meng Zhu said he needs 'strong' yi neng xing zhes and you're not exactly strong," he smiled at her.

Xia Mei peeled off part of her feng long tie immediately, "You stupid snob! Say that again if you dare!" she exclaimed, "Just because you found out you aren't a ma gua you act so cocky!"
Xia Tian smiled and put his hands on his sister's shoulders, "Mei, calm down. Lao Ge just cares about you. He doesn't want you to get hurt."
Xia Yu scoffed, "If she did, wouldn't that be good? There would be fewer mouths to feed so we'd save much more money."
Xia Mei scowled, "Stupid Ma Gua! All you care about is money!"
"Xia Mei, calm down please," Lan Ling Wang pleaded, "This mission is just too dangerous for you, even for us. We don't even know if it will be successful. But you don't have to worry about me because I have Xia Tian, Xia Yu and Meng Zhu to look out for me," he reassured her.

Xia Mei then began fake crying and hooked her arms around Lan Ling Wang's, "I'm going to miss you!" she cried.
"Mei, we'll be back before you know it. It will be as though we never left," Xia Tian smiled.
Xia Mei narrowed her eyes and looked at him, "I'm only going to miss my Little Lan Lan. Xiao Ge, you can take as long as you want."
Everyone sweat dropped.

"Meng Zhu is here," Han announced as she walked into the Xia family living room with Jiu Wu, Xiu and A-Chord behind her.
"Han, you're back!" Xia Tian beamed with a bright smile before he bowed his head in greeting to Jiu Wu, "Meng Zhu," he said in acknowledgment.
"Are you guys ready?" Jiu Wu asked.
Lan Ling Wang nodded.
"Then that's good, we just have one more thing to do," Jiu Wu replied as he brought out three chokers with a white hexagonal stone in the middle.
"What's that?" Xia Yu asked.
"My newest invention!" Jiu Wu responded, "'Angel in Devil's Clothing Chokers'!"
"What's it for?" Han asked.

"Because we are entering Mojie, there will be lots of demons and demonic yi neng xing zhes and in order to survive down there, we have to mask our pure yi neng auras," Jiu Wu explained, "We'll also have to change our appearance to fit in with the other demons. Xia Yu, this doesn't apply to you because we'll have Gui Feng leading the journey instead of having you there."
Xia Yu nodded in understanding, "And Gui Feng will be the one protecting us all right? Because he would be the only one who would survive in Mojie alone."
"Exactly," Jiu Wu smiled, "It would be even safer to take Gui Wa with us as well-"
Xia Mei grinned triumphantly.
"-but she wouldn't be of any help if we were to meet a predicament," Jiu Wu finished.
Xia Mei's face fell, "Meng Zhu, you're too blunt!" she grumbled.
"I'm sorry Xia Mei but this mission is urgent and we need to find Gui Long as quickly as possible," Jiu Wu replied sympathetically.

"Meng Zhu, don't mind a brat like her, she would just drag Lan Ling Wang down and us in the process," Xia Yu stated.
Xia Mei stormed out of the room in response.

Xiong Ge entered the room from which Xia Mei exited. She sighed, "Let her be, she'll calm down eventually," she said.
Jiu Wu nodded.

A couple of minutes later, Jiu Wu, Xia Tian and Lan Ling Wang came down the stairs in their new outfits. Everyone burst out laughing, well everyone except Ah Gong who climbed out of his little box.

"GUI LONG!" He screamed as clashed his cymbals together in Xia Tian's face which released a deafening noise and causied Xia Tian to clamp his hands over his."Ah Gong!" He exclaimed, "I'm Xia Tian, I'm just dressed as Gui Long to hide my identity!" he explained quickly.
Ah Gong looked at him and eyed him up and down. He inspected his hair that had white streaks running through it and then he started tugging on his jacket, "Hmm..." he muttered, "I guess you really are Xia Tian..." He then whipped around and pointed a finger at Jiu Wu and Lan Ling Wang. "What are these demons doing here?!" he screeched, pulling out his cymbals again.
"Dad!" Xiong Ge scolded, "They are Meng Zhu and Lan Ling Wang in disguise!"
"Hmmm," Ah Gong leaned in closer to them, "How can I trust them when they look like demons?!" He then paused and looked at them puzzled, "Wait, Xiong Ge. Who are these people again?" he asked.
"Dad!" Xiong Ge exclaimed in disbelief at her father's Alzheimer’s.

Jiu Wu smiled in amusement. His hair was spiked with white streaks. He wore black gothic clothing, similar to Gui Long's. Lan Ling Wang's hair was let out loose but was messy and covered one eye. He had a single red highlight running through his hair and that was enough to disguise him as his usual clothes were black anyway. Gui Feng was seated on the sofa with his feet up, "Hey, can we go now? You can't just call me out and then expect me to wait for you," he said with a bored expression.
"DEMON!" Ah Gong exclaimed and then pulled out his cymbals again.
"Dad!" Xiong Ge cried out again, "They're on a mission with Meng Zhu! Calm down!"

Everyone else just smiled at Ah Gong's typical antics. "Well we'll be off now since we're all ready," Jiu Wu announced and Xia Tian nodded.
Xia Tian hugged Han before he walked over to their refrigerator to enter Mie in order to get to Mojie. Before they he could enter, Ye Si Ren spoke up, "Good luck everyone! Stay safe!" he grinned and put his hand on Xia Tian's shoulder which was adorned in tall spikes. He flinched and pulled his hand back and chuckled awkwardly, trying to suppress his pain.
Gui Feng snorted at him before jumping into Mie.

"Have a safe journey Xia Tian, make sure you come home soon okay?" Han said and Xia Tian nodded.
"I promise," he responded before jumping into Mie.
Before Lan Ling Wang entered, he peeked round the corner, "Is Xia Mei going to see us off?" he asked.
Xiong Ge just smiled, "Don't worry about her, prioritise your mission," she advised.
Lan Ling Wang nodded, "Okay, I will see you soon Ma'am-"
"You're too slow," Jiu Wu interrupted and pushed him into Mie forcefully.

Ah Gong closed the door after they had all left. He then turned to Xiong Ge, "Why did I open the entrance to Mie?" he asked her.
Xiong Ge just sighed and walked away.

 


~*~*~
 


[GOLD DIMENSION]

He saw her again that night. Well it wasn't like he didn't see her at all - he saw her every day. But she was in his dreams again. And it wasn't just a coincidence that he saw her again, he'd seen the same dream for a few nights now. It was a recurring dream and he didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

He saw her in a wedding dress walking towards him. She was always smiling at him and always held the same bouquet of flowers. As she approached him, their surroundings would slowly disappear. First it was would be the vanishing faces then the people altogether. Next would be the furniture then the whole building would just dissolve away just leaving a long carpet floating in the darkness with the two of them on opposite ends. She would still walk towards him with a smile on her face, despite everything going on around her. As she took a step closer towards him, the carpet behind her would begin to crumble away until she fell along with it. He would always reach out for her hand but would end up falling into the pit of darkness with her. Their fingers would just barely touch before she completely slipped away from his grasp. Then she would be gone. By now she would have disappeared into the darkness. This was the point of his dream where he would wake up, breaking into a sweat.

Xiao Yu sat up and sighed. He looked at the clock that hung on the wall, it was just 3am. He sighed again before looking in the direction of his bedroom where Yu Yan was asleep. "Why do I keep dreaming of our wedding?" he muttered and closed his eyes. He thought back to the time he first had that dream and remembered that strange man - Yu Yan's father, also the one who was at fault for his father's death - "It's because of you... isn't it?" he whispered, "Just what is the meaning of this dream?" Xiao Yu sighed again and laid his head back down on his pillow.

He reflected on everything that had happened lately. Who was his father's killer? Why did he kidnap Yu Yan? What was his relationship with Yu Yan? How did Yu Yan tie in with everything? He then remembered Su Jia Li, Yu Yan's "cousin", who said that he was the one who attacked her. How did that make sense? He couldn't have been in two places at the same time... The only evidence that there was to suggest that it was him was his blazer that was found at the scene. He remembered that Yu Yan was the last one who had been in possession of it according to his memory but Yu Yan wasn't the attacker. The attacker was male and even if Yu Yan had his blazer, she wouldn't attack her own cousin. This was all too confusing. He then remembered Yu Yan's fight with the yi neng muggers on the day that she had saved him and An Qi, he remembered how her battle index increased and theirs decreased. Did she have the ability to increase her own battle points like Da Dong's power flow manipulation? After the fight, he had met her father, someone who had scared him. Now that he thought about it, he had the same aura as his father's killer...

His eyes widened, "Is Yu Yan... really involved in this... in another way...?" he whispered, "After all... her father is really suspicious..." He then closed his eyes, If Yu Yan really is somehow involved in all of this, then would it be the reason why the fortune teller said it wasn't certain that we'd have a happy ending? Is there something else Yu Yan isn't telling me...? "Forget it, Xiao Yu," he muttered, "You said you wouldn't question her as long as she stays by your side. Don't doubt her; she wouldn't hurt you, Da Dong or Ya Se."

Xiao Yu closed his eyes and lay back down. Images of all the visions he'd seen because of Yu Yan's father flashed before him. He also remembered his aunt and her threat. He saw his aunt yelling at him to pay back her debts. He saw Yu Yan falling into an abyss. He saw his father patting his 8 year old self's head. He saw his father playing piano in the air. He saw his father standing guard against Hei Long. He saw his father's body floating in the lake. Xiao Yu placed the back of his hand over his eyes and a teardrop trickled down the side of his face. He lay there still in the darkness, suffering in silence.