Chapter 59: Typical Day

KO One Re-Live

Ya Se's eyes widened as the tube of powder flew up into the air. "Oh ," he cursed before the powder rained down on him and Da Dong.

Da Dong sat up, dusting out the red powder from his hair and clothes, "JIN BAO SAN!" he barked, "Do you want a beating?!"
"D-D-Dong.. Ge," Jin Bao San stuttered and he scrambled to his feet, "I'm sorry!"
"Stupid grass!" Yu Jing snapped, standing up.
As they continued to scold Jin Bao San, Ya Se remained on the floor with a horror stricken face. He grabbed the now empty tube and a frown formed on his face as there was no powder left. "JIN BAO SAN!!!" He roared angrily, throwing the tube at his head.

Suddenly, both Da Dong and Ya Se were over taken by a tingling sensation and Da Dong turned to Ya Se. "Narcissist, this red powder..." he said slowly in a kind voice, "It's that one right?" he asked, finding himself holding onto Ya Se's arm. His hand slipped down from his shoulder to his hands and he entwined their fingers.
"Yes Egomaniac, and now we are dead," Ya Se replied in a sweet tone, not able to let go of Da Dong's hand because of the effects of the powder.

"Uh... why are you holding hands?" Xiao Yu asked, staring at them confused.
Da Dong giggled at him before poking Ya Se's cheek, "Little Xiao Yu, we have a special relationship!" he gushed, before pushing Ya Se out of the door.
Xiao Yu gave him a weird look.
"Baby, let's go," Ya Se whispered to Da Dong and they hurried down the hallway hand in hand.
"Why..." Jin Bao San began, "...Do they look like.... lovers...?!"
"That's disgusting," Yu Jing spat, before leaving the classroom.

"Xiao Dong Dong, what do we do?!" Ya Se exclaimed in a melodramatic voice as he put his head on his shoulder.
Da Dong looked down at their entwined hands and sighed before looking down at Ya Se, "Baby, we have to find the antidote," he replied lovingly, "We have to find Duan Chang Ren."
"Okay," Ya Se nodded enthusiastically, "Let's go!"
"But... how about a date first?" Da Dong whispered.
Ya Se gasped before punching his shoulder playfully, "You're so naughty Xiao Dong Dong!" he gushed, "We can't go into public like this!"
Da Dong smiled and pinched his nose lightly, "Of course we can! Society is so open nowadays, let's have some fun!" he exclaimed.
Ya Se grinned like a child and fist pumped, "Let's go!"

 


~*~*~

 



Yu Jing returned home that lunch time for a visit. She walked into her father's lab and transferred all the stolen yi neng into a large glowing globe. Suddenly, she felt a murderous aura and her heel to see Ye Zi enter looking quite dreary.

"Oh, it's you," she grumbled, "Why do you look so dead?"
Ye Zi tried to muster a smile, "That new weapon of mine uses a lot of energy and is pretty hard to control," he explained before sitting down on a chair, "What are you doing here anyway? It's school hours."
"I came to drop off the yi neng I stole last night," Yu Jing replied as she sat herself on the table.
"Ah, you killed a lot of people last night," he remembered before smiling, "I didn't know you could be so ruthless."
"Whatever gets us closer to our goal, I'll do it," she told him.

"So how is it?" Ye Zi asked, "You've been at Zhong Ji Yi Ban for a few days now."
Yu Jing shrugged, "That Ding Xiao Yu is crushing on Jiang Yu Yan pretty bad and it’s annoying. He bothers me alot so I avoid him. Everyone's busy with festival preparations so my cover hasn't been blown just yet... but..." she trailed off.
"But what? If you're doing your job properly, they won't find you out," Ye Zi replied.
"I think that Jiang Yu Ting hasn't told me everything about Jiang Yu Yan," she admitted, "I feel like something is missing when I address or talk to them because it's like they expect me to say certain things but I don't know," she explained.
Ye Zi smiled, "Really? Why would Yu Ting hide information from you?" he inquired.
"I don't know!" Yu Jing exclaimed.
Ye Zi chuckled, "Okay, just go back go school now. Don't worry about anything," he reassured, putting a hand on her shoulder.

He stood up and saw her off and as soon as she left, he collapsed onto one knee. He groaned in pain and he breathed heavily, trying to overcome a strong feeling. It was as though a fire burned inside him and evil poured out of his ears and nose. His aura turned demonic and he wheezed as he tried to suppress it. His eyes turned to a bloodthirsty red and he shut his eyes tightly, wanting to go back to normal. He remained in that position for a good few minutes or so before he was able to completely hold it all back. "How long will I able to last?" he muttered, falling backwards to lie on his back with beads of sweat trickling down the side of his face.

 


~*~*~
 


After school, the trio and Hong Guang practiced alone. Da Dong and Ya Se were still under the influence of the 'Dear Love Confession Powder' so sat together in a corner, holding hands and gossiping.
Xiao Yu watched from his keyboard with a look of disgust, "What are they doing?"
Hong Guang chuckled and walked over to them.

"Duan Chang Ren doesn't have the cure?" he asked them and they shook their heads in sync.
"How do you know about it?" Ya Se asked in a hushed voice.
"Because I tried to use it once," Hong Guang answered before pulling a tube of green powder out of his pocket.
"You tried to use it? On who?" Da Dong asked.
"On Ella," he confessed bluntly and a gasp escaped both their lips. Before they could even say anything, Hong Guang poured the green powder over their heads. "'It's not you, it's me, breakup powder', just wait for its magic," he said and walked away.

A few seconds passed and Da Dong and Ya Se just stared at each other. Suddenly both were zapped by lightning from an unknown source and they jumped away from each other, now back to normal. They looked away from each other began gagging at their intimate actions from before. Xiao Yu titled his head in confusion and looked at Hong Guang, "What happened?" he asked.
Hong Guang laughed and put a hand on his shoulder, "They had a taste of their own medicine," he answered.

"I'm not disturbing you guys, am I?" a voice came from the door way.

The four guys turned to the door to see a male ma gua student of Guava High (Played by Kunda Hsieh, Lu Bu's alternate) standing there.
"Uh, can we help you Classmate?" Da Dong asked, straightening up with a serious expression.
"No, not really," he smiled and entered the warehouse. He looked at all of them and touched their instruments, "I just wanted to see if Guava trash like you were competition," he admitted before smirking at Da Dong and Ya Se who's faces and hair turned black due to the lightening. "But looking at you now... I see that I don't have to worry," he laughed.
"Did you come here just to say this?" Da Dong barked, "You sure have some guts to approach students of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, what do you want?!"
"Students?" he repeated, "You're more like animals. But see here, I - Lu Chen Li - am a student," he gestured to himself.
"You should leave," Hong Guang suggested, "It's not wise to insult Zhong Ji Yi Ban."

Lu Chen Li snorted, "Relax, I just wanted to let you know that our Energy concert will crush your puny Fahrenheit concert at the festival," he announced.
"You're doing a concert too?" Ya Se asked, "When did the festival become a competition? Zhong Ji Yi Ban has no interest in competing with other classes."
"Yes we do," Da Dong interrupted, "If this fellow has so much confidence in his self that he actually came to find us, then of course we have to be polite and show him how powerful Zhong Ji Yi Ban is."
Lu Chen Li laughed in mockery, "If you guys can even get a decent performance together I'll be impressed," he laughed.
"Don't look down on us," Ya Se threatened, "Now leave; we have to practice."
"Of course, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again," Lu Chen Li turned around to leave, "I can't wait to see you guys humiliate yourselves."

 


~*~*~
 


Xiao Yu and Yu Jing walked home together after school. They didn't talk much especially because Yu Jing didn't know what to say. The two hadn't even talked much that week; it was either Yu Jing avoiding Xiao Yu or Xiao Yu having to go out to work. Lately the weather was getting colder and windier so the wind blew through Yu Jing's hair. She grumbled in annoyance and her bangs went all over the place and she had to keep moving them into position every so often. Xiao Yu smiled as he looked at her struggling to keep her hair neat. He grabbed her hand and pulled her over to a roadside stall that was selling female accessories.

A woman was running the stall and she greeted them with a friendly smile, "Hello there young man would you like to buy something for your girlfriend?" she asked.
Xiao Yu glanced over at Yu Jing with a faint blush.
"Who's his girlfriend?" she snapped at the lady.
"Can I have a look at your hairclips?" Xiao Yu asked, ignoring Yu Jing's comment.
"Of course you can!" The lady exclaimed as she opened a plastic container with a variety of hairclips.

Xiao Yu's eyes lit up when he saw a beautiful silver hair clip that was decorated with rhinestones. "Can I have this one?" he asked, eagerly.
The lady nodded and picked it up, putting it into a small bag for him, "Here you go, that will be 50NT$," she replied.
Xiao Yu handed her the money and thanked her. He then took out the hairclip and brushed Yu Jing's hair to side, pinning her layered bangs to the side of her face with the hair clip.
"What are you doing?" Yu Jing hissed at him, feeling his fingers brush against her face.
"There, the wind won't ruin your hair now," he smiled at her, "And you look cuter," he added before walking on.

Yu Jing scowled, "You're disgusting," she muttered, "Buying hairclips for the girl you like is such a cliché that happens in so many dramas," she grumbled, feeling the hairclip with her fingers.