Chapter 21: Michelin's Apprentice

KO One Re-Live

A while later, everyone made their way to the campsite with or without their ribbons. All the students of Zhong Ji Yi Ban were tired and fed up with this tiring challenge their form tutor had come up with, especially Da Dong, Ya Se and Xiao Yu who were lacking in physical strength. As soon as Xiao Yu helped Yu Yan sit down on the large tree log, he went straight to his tent for a nap.

"Classmate Jiang, let me help you clean your wound." Liang Zhi said as she walked over to her with a first aid kit.
Yu Yan shrugged with a yawn, "Sure whatever."
Liang Zhi's lips curved upwards, almost into a smirk as she tended to Yu Yan's injury. She cleaned out the gash and placed a plaster over it before wrapping a bandage around her ankle. Surprisingly, Yu Yan didn't utter a word, she was exhausted after all just like her other classmates. Liang Zhi looked down at the blood stained piece of Xiao Yu's t-shirt that had been wrapped around her leg and quickly stuffed it into Xia Ba's hand as she walked past.
"That's all done now, Classmate Jiang. Be careful when moving around." she smiled fakely at her before walking away, triumphantly.

"Okay, gather around everyone! I'm going to announce the winners of our challenge!" Tian Xin chimed as everyone gathered around the fire that burned in the centre.
"Surprisingly not many of you were able to retrieve all three of your ribbons, but nevertheless we do have we do have a winner!"
A few mutters and groans surfaced in the air, radiating a lack of enthusiasm.
"No one's interested in finding out?" the form teacher asked.
"We're all so tired after that! Who'd be interested in finding out when half of us haven’t even finished it?" a student called out.
"Ban Dao, honestly we all just want to rest right now." Ya Se spoke up.
"And we're hungry!" Jin Bao San whined, followed by several other cries of hunger.

"Okay, okay!" Da Dong stood up, "Why don't I cook us all something?"
"Dong Ge, you can cook?!" Jin Bao San asked, "Talk about hubby goals!" he latched onto his arm, lovingly.
"Get off me, disgusting grass!" Da Dong hissed, "Who wants to be your husband?!" he gagged as he pushed the class monitor away.
"Egomaniac, I didn't know you could cook," Ya Se chuckled, "Are you any good?"
"Of course I am! I've been learning from Michelin!" Da Dong exclaimed as he whipped out his dragon tattooed pan.
"Don't tell me, you're going to make-" Da Dong cut Ya Se off.
"Egg fried rice!"
"Why am I not surprised?" Ya Se laughed as he watched his best friend whip out the required ingredients and start cooking over the camp fire.
"This'll be interesting," Yu Yan muttered as she sat alone in a corner.

As Da Dong began frying the rice in his pan, he began humming a tune. When everyone resumed their conversations, he began singing the lyrics to the song he had been humming:

" yi ta jin zhe di fang
yao qing chu shei shi lao da
zhao zi jue hao fang liang
gao xiao jie wen feng sang dan
mei you pa shu deng ji
bu yao qing yi de kao jin
ru guo lan de hu xi
wo ye zhi hao cheng quan ni-"

 

A step into this place
You should know who is the boss
Better watch what you say and do
It's a dangerous part of high school
If you don't got passing ranking
Don't casually come near here
If you are too lazy to breath
I'll just have to let you be
-

"What weird things are you mumbling to yourself over there?" Yu Yan asked as she walked over to the class and sat closer to the fire. Da Dong looked at her, with a grin before singing louder so the whole class could hear him:

"sui ran kao shi kao bu ying
dan shei you nan yi ding ting
zhong ji yi ban yi tiao xin
wo men you qing you yi you xing"

 

Tho' we can't win a test
But we would stand up for anyone in need
KO One band together
We have hearts, loyalty and style


"Egomaniac, you're singing 'KO One', aren't you?" Ya Se pointed out, "It’s been a while since we heard you sing."

"Narcissist, I challenge you to a singing battle!" Da Dong exclaimed as he flipped the rice in his pan, rapping:
"bu yao bi wo bao jin
bu yao shi tan wo gong li
dang wo fa gong chu quan
ni hui fei dao huo xin qu
bu yao yi gai fou ding
wo men de cheng ji cao xing
you huai dan gao bu ding
zhong ji yi ban chong di yi"

 

Don't force me to pop my veins
Don't try to test my skill
When I throw my punch
You will fly off to planet Mars
Don't reject all together
Our grades and behaviours
When there is a bad guy you can't handle
KO One would be the first one there


Ya Se then stood up and sang over him whilst Da Dong continued to rap:
"sui ran kao shi kao bu ying
dan shei you nan yi ding ting
zhong ji yi ban yi tiao xin-"

 

Tho' we can't win a test
But we would stand up for anyone in need
KO One band together-


Then suddenly Jin Bao San erupted into the next set of lyrics:


" zAi ZhE LI ShEi zUi dA
ZAi ZhE lI wO ZUi DA
zAi ZHe Wo SHi lAo Da
jIU GeN wO YI qI cHaNg"

Who dominates here
I dominate here
I'm the boss here
So sing with me


Jin Bao San's hideous voice broke everyone's ear drums which caused him to be attacked with rotten fruit, booing and curses.

"JIN BAO SAN!" Everyone roared, angrily.
"Someone wants internal injuries!" Laughed Yu Yan who had been enjoying the short moment of singing. She picked up a fallen tomato and threw it at Jin Bao San with enough force to push him over.

As rotten fruit slipped down his head and face, Jin Bao San stood up moping, "I only wanted to show the world my singing talents too..."
"Jin Bao San, I forbid you from singing!" Da Dong roared, "Such a horrendous sound should be banned in all the dimensions!"
Ya Se rubbed his ears, "I agree, you sound like a dying pig giving birth to a dozen elephants drowning in a pool of burning water - but 100 times worse!"
Jin Bao San internally cried, "Ya Se Wang... could you get any meaner? You just crushed my dreams of debuting as the newest member of Fahrenheit!"

"Why would Fahrenheit want an old man like you anyway?" Sha Jie questioned.
"I know right? You look older than all the member's ages combined!" Tao Zi and Lin Da added together.

A banana then flew through the air, landing smack of Jin Bao San's face and Wu Xiong jumped up making her monkey noises, angrily. She jumped up and down in front of Jin Bao San, who backed away in fear.


Yun Han spoke up, "My sister says that you're an insult to her favourite member, Calvin Chen. And she says you should end your dream of becoming famous before you cause Fahrenheit to disband because of your terrible voice." [A/N: PLOT TWIST JBS IS THE REAL REASON FRH DISBANDED LOL]
Jin Bao San walked over to his seat on the log, sulking, "Wu Xiong mei mei, I didn't think you too could say such harsh words."

"All right Jin Bao San, be quiet before I beat you up!" Da Dong said, pulling a plate out of thin air and putting the first portion of egg fried rice on it. He then placed it front of Yu Yan, "Here, you try it first. Tell me how it is."
"Da Dong! Why can't I be the first to try your egg fried rice?!" Sha Jie whined, "Don't tell me you like her?!"
"Quit it with your nonsense," Da Dong barked, "Is it a problem if I choose who I give it to first?"
Sha Jie grumbled to herself quietly, annoyed at Yu Yan.

Yu Yan hesitated as she picked up the spoon; she never really ate anything apart from plain rice at home so this would be new to her. Would her father allow her to eat it? "What's wrong?" Da Dong asked, "Doesn't smell nice?" he continued, leaning in to smell it.

Yu Yan pushed the plate away, "Why should I even try anything you make?" she asked.
"You should be honoured that Da Dong let you try his cooking before anyone else!" Sha Jie interrupted with jealousy.
"Oh please, don't you start," Yu Yan looked over at Sha Jie with an uninterested look, "My day's been going pretty well, I'd like to keep it like that so shut up, Ultimate Class Weed."
"How dare you insult our Sha Jie!" Tao Zi exclaimed.
"She's more of a flower than you are!" [A/N: Sha Jie's title is in KO One is 'Ultimate Class Flower'] Lin Da added.
Yu Yan smirked and took the plate of egg fried rice back, "You know what? I want to piss you off so I'm going to eat it."

Yu Yan shoved a spoonful of rice into and instantly an overwhelming sensation of extreme happiness surged through her body, making her forget her and Sha Jie's bickering. Yu Yan remained silent as she absorbed all these new and delicious flavours - wow, Da Dong could really cook. She was really surprised. "So? How is it?" The leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban asked excitedly.
Yu Yan cleared to mask her face with her perpetual coldness, "It's... not bad." She admitted, even though she knew it was more than 'not bad': it was amazingly delicious. As she continued to eat slowly, a huge grin beamed on his face as he cheered.

"YES!!! If even you like it, then it must be good!" he exclaimed, happily before turning back to his classmates, "Everyone, I won't be long! You'll all have your own egg fried rice soon!"
"Stupid monkey," Yu Yan muttered, smiling to herself as she enjoyed her rice.

As Da Dong placed the final serving of rice onto a plate, he looked around to see if he had missed anyone but saw that everyone already had their own plates of fried rice. "Eh? Where's Xiao Yu?" he suddenly asked, looking at Ya Se and Yu Yan.
"I don't know and I don't care." Yu Yan replied quickly.
"He's probably resting; he didn't look too good when he came up here." Ya Se said as Yu Yan listened to him quietly.
"Really? But he was fine when we first got here." Da Dong replied, looking over at their tent.

Yu Yan then touched the jacket that she was wearing and remembered that Xiao Yu had lent it to her. "Did he catch a cold?" she whispered to herself, before putting her plate down and standing up.
Ya Se and Da Dong looked at her, confused, "Sorry, did you say anything?" Ya Se asked.
Yu Yan then took the jacket off and sat down, deciding against doing what she was about to do. Instead she handed the jacket to Da Dong, "Give this back to him. He's probably caught a cold so make sure he eats the rice whilst it's still hot."
"A cold? Why would he suddenly catch a cold?" Ya Se asked, taking the jacket from her and standing up.
Yu Yan looked away, plastering her face with a neutral expression, "Does it look like I know?!" she questioned, before her phone began to ring.
"You have reception up here?" Ya Se asked as Yu Yan limped away, ignoring them.

Xiao Yu lay in his sleeping bag, looking up at the large tent that he was sharing with Ya Se and Da Dong. No matter how much he wrapped himself up, he still felt uncomfortable. His hair was still damp and he sniffled every so often - he knew he was catching a cold. He sighed as he sat up, he would have to endure it until he got home. Suddenly, the flap to the tent opened and Da Dong and Ya Se crawled in.

Ya Se threw his jacket over to him before sitting beside him, "Xiao Yu, are you sick?" he asked.
"No, I'm just tired," he lied.
Da Dong touched his head, "How did you get your hair wet?" he asked as he handed him the plate of rice, "Eat up whilst it's warm."
Xiao Yu laughed, "Egg fried rice on a mountain?"
"Hey, if Duan Chang Ren's stall is here too then fried rice is nothing!" Da Dong defended.
"By the way, you should dry your hair properly; it wouldn't be good if you got sick. Our bodies are still especially weak after losing our battle points so it'll be harder to fight off a cold." Ya Se commented, before rummaging through his bag and bringing out some tablets. "My dad always makes me carry these wherever I go in case I get sick, you should take some."
Xiao Yu thanked his brothers for their kindness and took the medicine and plate of rice.

"So what happened with you and Yu Yan?" Da Dong asked, unexpectedly, nearly pouncing on Xiao Yu like an excited child.
KO4 choked on his egg fried rice from his sudden question, "N-Nothing," he choked out, gulping down on water.
"Ohhhhh~" Ya Se exaggerated, "That reaction tells me it's not just 'nothing'!"
"Do you two have nothing better to do?" Xiao Yu asked, "One of our ribbons got blown into a river and I went in to get it. That's it." he lied.
"That's not interesting at all," Da Dong pouted, unsatisfied.
Ya Se sighed, "Oh well, it doesn't look like our Life-Taking Xiao Yu's life is anything different from before."
"What were you expecting to hear?" Xiao Yu questioned, surprised at their reactions, "There's nothing going on between me and Yu Yan, what is there to happen?"
Da Dong smiled, "Okay we'll stop teasing you. After all, we all have the same goal of befriending her so I don't think any of us have any other ulterior motive."


After a moment of silence, Ya Se opened his mouth, "So have any of you made any progress?"
"I think today's gone well," Da Dong replied, crossing his legs, "Xiao Yu and Yu Yan's team seemed like they got on well- wait a minute! Xiao Yu, didn't you give Yu Yan a piggy back?"
"You gave her a piggy back?" Ya Se repeated before a smirk jumped onto his face, "So our Xiao Yu is changing, I never thought he was a closet romantic!"
"Awww Little Xiao Yu!" Da Dong laughed, slapping his friend's back, "Making a move first, eh?"

Xiao Yu rolled his eyes and sighed, he already mentally killed the two in his head but their souls seemed to be stubborn and came back to life so killing them again wouldn't be a problem right? As Da Dong and Ya Se continued to joke and tease around, Xiao Yu smacked the two with his left fist playfully, "You idiots! Stop messing around!" he exclaimed but they continued to laugh. He exhaled, he did love his brothers but sometimes they took the teasing too far. He didn't have or feel anything towards Yu Yan so he didn't understand why they kept making jokes about it.

"Yu Yan sprained her ankle and because she's blind I gave her a piggy back! There's nothing else to it!" he finally said, bluntly.
"Ugh Xiao Yu, we were just joking around!" Da Dong replied, "Don't take it to heart."
"He's right; we just want to have some fun. We know you don't actually like her." Ya Se added.
"Include me in the fun next time then, okay?" Xiao Yu said, crossing his arms.
"...Or do you really like her?" Da Dong gasped, over exaggerating.
Ya Se then followed with a gasp just as loud, playing along.

Xiao Yu sighed, "I give up" he said before turning to the camera looking up at him from an angle. "I give up! I give up okay, writer?!" he yelled, exasperated, "Just leave me alone, please? I don't like learning all these lines!" he wailed, before crawling out of the tent.