Chapter 77: Revelation

KO One Re-Live

[Gold Dimension]

"How did you find me out?" Yu Yan asked Da Dong as they sat alone together on top of a brick wall somewhere in the city.
"I thought you said you wanted to act as though that conversation never happened?" Da Dong replied as he looked at the far away expression on her face.
"To be able to talk about it," she began slowly, "Feels as though some sort of weight has been lifted off my shoulder."
Da Dong continued to look at her, "Then does your situation bother you?" he inquired.
"Answer my initial question," she snapped in a quiet voice.

Da Dong sighed and turned to look at the view in front of them, "I don't mean any offence in what I'm going to say-"
"I don't care," Yu Yan replied, "If we're brothers you should be able to talk freely with me."
"Do... do you have any specific intention for asking me that?" he asked.
"When you said you trusted me, was that all said in the heat of the moment or did you actually mean it?" she questioned as a response to his question.
"I meant it," Da Dong told her firmly.
"Then act like it," she replied.
Da Dong sighed, "Xia Ba and Liang Zhi started it all off. They told me you were their attacker and then Jin Bao San said some rubbish to me. Skip forward in time and then Ella and Selina showed me some photographs of you and your clones they had taken secretly," she began.
"You've had doubts about me for that long, huh?" she scoffed with a faint smile.
"I didn't want to believe those photographs," he said.
"You're stubborn," was all she replied.
"That's because I believe you're a good person," he answered.

Yu Yan released a faint laugh of mockery, "I'm not a good person," she denied.
"You are," Da Dong insisted.
Yu Yan held her hands in front of her face even though she could not see them, "My blindness stops me from seeing all the blood I have on my hands, if I could see then maybe I wouldn't have become to heartless," she muttered.
"You're not heartless, Yu Yan, both you and I know that," Da Dong replied.
Yu Yan faced away from him, "It would've been better if I really didn't have a heart. I would have been able to complete my mission with no problem."
"It's because of your heart that your father is having a harder time controlling you," he smiled as he swung his arm around her neck and pulled her towards him. She didn't react. "It's because of your heart and your growth as a person that threatens him to change your DNA and personality. He's afraid of you becoming independent and leaving him."
"What makes you think that," Yu Yan grumbled, "My father isn't afraid of anything."
"I read his notes," Da Dong admitted, "If he loses you before the life force transfer he might just snap."
"He won't lose me," Yu Yan replied, "I'm staying loyal to him until I die."

Da Dong frowned. "What will you do?" he asked, "Aren't you afraid that we'll hold you hostage so that your plan fails?"
Yu Yan remembered Yu Ting's final cries before she died and sighed, "You need all the help you can get to defeat Ye Zi. Until he's dead I won't leave Zhong Ji Yi Ban," she said firmly.
"You're going to leave Zhong Ji Yi Ban?" Da Dong asked with a hint of sadness.
Yu Yan laughed, "I don't have a reason to stay here anymore. My cover's been blown and it's about time I leave for the life force transfer."
Da Dong's hold on Yu Yan tightened, "Yu Ting wants you to be happy so why do you want to run away from your happiness?" he questioned her, "Yu Yan why are you such a contradicting person?" he added almost in frustration.
"I don't know," she shrugged with an amused smile before pulling away from him and jumping off the wall. She stretched her arms and yawned. "We'll see what happens when the time comes, Golden Monkey," she said, "Let's go to your house. I'm sure Wang Mama needs some help with the Chinese New Year preparations."

 


~*~*~



"Wu Xiong?" Ya Se called as he entered her bedroom. He saw Wu Xiong sitting on her bed with a plain notepad and drawing quietly. She didn't turn to greet him with her usual bright smile like she normally did but instead she was busy with her sketches. On her face was an almost pained expression, like she was forcing herself to draw against her will. Ya Se stepped towards her and sat down next to her to peek at her sketches. "Wu Xiong?" he said again, "What's wrong? Yun Han said you've been shutting yourself in all day."
Wu Xiong didn't reply and continued to drag her pencil over the sheet of paper, trying to create an image.

Ya Se sighed as Yun Han walked in with a tray of snacks, "I think it's the Jin Bi Dian Long again," she suggested as she placed down the tray on the table.
"It must be stressing her out to have no one to talk to about it," Ya Se replied as he stared at Wu Xiong's drawings. Wu Xiong sighed as Ya Se gently took the drawing into his own hands. She resisted slightly but then gave in with another sigh, remaining silent. She couldn't talk about the Jin Bi Dian Long for there were severe consequences but maybe her boyfriend could work it all out from her drawings.

Yun Han came over to have a look. She looked at the sketches of faceless people and a girl in the centre. The people were drawn simplistically but the overall picture was very detailed. "This looks like some sort of internal confliction," she inferred with her eyes glued on the picture before Ya Se moved it from away from her view. He tore the paper out of the drawing, folded it and then tucked it into his pocket.
"Hey, Ya Se Wang, what are you doing?" Yun Han inquired.
"I don't want to burden you with this too," he told her, "It won't do us any good if lots of people know the future." He stood up and then planted a kiss on Wu Xiong's forehead, "Don't worry about this anymore Wu Xiong, get some rest okay?" he advised her gently with a warm gaze.
"I'll try," she mumbled. Ya Se smiled at her before she bid the two sisters farewell for the evening.

Ya Se entered his dark bedroom and headed over to his desk without switching the lights on. Instead he his desk lamp and the spread Wu Xiong's picture over his desk. With a determined mind, he studied it intently. There was a girl that was drawn towards the left of the page. She had short hair and she looked very distressed. One hand was outstretched, reaching for another hand weakly whilst being held back by a shackle around her neck. A chain was attached to it and the end was held by man on the very left of the page who held it like a rope, pulling her back towards him. Ya Se studied the girl closely and he spotted a familiar bracelet around her wrist - it was the bracelet that Xiao Yu was planning to give Yu Yan on her birthday but didn't have the chance to give to her. He then looked at the girl's hair and then confirmed the girl to be Yu Yan. "So Yu Yan is at the centre of this?" he muttered as he looked at the people she was reaching out for.

Ya Se looked at the feathered lines and made out the figure of a boy lyying on the floor as though he had collapsed. His bangs fell over his face and a hand was outstretched but was fallen on the floor. This person must have collapsed whilst trying to reach out for her, he thought, staring at the boy. He looked closely at the boy and managed to find what seemed to him to be a bracelet, tucked beneath his sleeve. "Xiao Yu," he whispered with his eyes wide before focusing on Yu Yan and Xiao Yu. He stared at the two figures. "Xiao Yu and Yu Yan are the main protagonists here, will something bad happened to them in the future?" he wondered. He then looked away from the picture and cast his eyes upon the cover of the Jin Bi Dian Long that was on his desk. "If Yu Yan wasn't important, she wouldn't have been in the centre of the cover," he muttered to himself.

His eyes then wandered to the other people in the picture. Behind Xiao Yu were two other boys who were barely conscious and they were very beaten. One was on all fours whilst the other was leaning against a wall, sliding down to the floor. His hand was against the wall, supporting him whilst his other hand held a pan. "Da Dong!" Ya Se exclaimed in a whisper, "So the other person must be me," he added, looking closer at the guy on his fours. He looked closer at all the details Wu Xiong had drawn in and despite the lack of facial features, Ya Se knew it was him.

He leaned back in his chair and looked at the overall drawing. Yu Yan was desperate to reach her friends but was being restrained by a mystery person. Could this person our main enemy? Thought Ya Se as he scrutinised the man's face. All the people in Wu Xiong's drawing were faceless but this man was familiar to Ya Se. He didn't know why, but his unruly dark hair and stubby chin and faint moustache struck a sense of familiarity. The shape of his face that Wu Xiong had toned and shaded extremely well made him anxious because he knew he had seen that face before - features or no features - he'd seen it before. That exact hair. That exact chin. He was sure he'd seen that face before; he knew it wasn't the first time. But that worried him. If he was so familiar with that face then it would mean that he's seen that person alot, no? Who could it be? Wu Xiong knew. His identity must've been a big shock to her so that's why she was suffering so much from her knowledge even though she had read the Jin Bi Dian Long before with no problem. It wasn't her first time. So that person must be someone close to them all.

Hastily, Ya Se grabbed the Jin Bi Dian Long that was too tempting to read. He knew he wouldn't be able to read it but he opened the book anyway and flicked through the empty pages. His head was then struck by a jolt of pain and the book fell to the floor with its cover facing upwards whilst Ya Se Wang clutched his head in pain. He groaned in pain and shot out of his seat, standing up before doubling over in agony. He forced his eyes open and they fell upon the cover of the Jin Bi Dian Long, on the face of Ding Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu! That was it. The image of Xiao Yu sparked a memory to resurface in his mind.

[Flashback]

"Da Ye?" Jiro asked as he walked over to Ya Se to find Lei Ke Si and Hong Guang asleep. "How'd they fall asleep?" he asked.
Ya Se released a tired yawn, "Probably out of boredom," he replied.
"That's a shame," Calvin came in, "They missed the wedding scene we've just finished filming."

I'm sure these scenes they are filming will happen in our future or have already happened so Xiao Yu must have really dreamt of his wedding with Yu Yan, he thought before casting a glance at his sleeping friends, It's a good thing they fell asleep early or they would've seen into the future like me. Ya Se sighed, "It's better that way," he told Calvin and he nodded in understanding.

"Well Aaron's about to film the last scene for today where he wakes up to find the big enemy and he doesn't know that they've met before already," Calvin explained, trying to avoid giving Ya Se any spoilers.
Ya Se's eyes widened,
If I know the actor who plays the enemy then won't it be easier to find the real enemy in the gold dimension? he thought, "Who plays that role?" he asked.
Jiro smiled at him, "Aaron's in his dressing room, you can go see him if you want," he suggested.
"Why would I want to see Aaron?" Ya Se replied even though he was already walking to the dressing room with them.
"You'll see who's on set now," Jiro replied as he opened the door to see a person getting his makeup done, “All the actors get ready here.”

Ya Se saw a familiar face get ready but before he could absorb any more details, Jiro closed the door shut, "That's enough spoilers for today," he grinned.
Ya Se looked at them in confusion, "I don't get it," he said, "I don't understand what was going on in there."


[End of Flashback]

Ya Se's eyes widened in fear. That memory was blurred and vague in his mind and although he only got a small glimpse of that actor, he knew exactly who it was. Once the pain in his head subsided, Ya Se sat back down in his seat and gulped down water quickly, not caring about the water that was spilling out of his mouth and trickling down his chin and all over his clothes. He wiped his mouth and used the same hand to rake his hand through his hair to cool his head.

He stared at the drawing again, now he knew who everyone was. But who really was that man and what was his relationship to Yu Yan?

 


~*~*~



Xiao Yu left his apartment late that night, after making sure Yu Yan was asleep. It was around 3am and after a night of tossing, turning and nightmares, he couldn't sleep anymore. He slipped on his shoes and a jacket and went outside. He didn't know where he was going but he found himself catching a night bus [A/N: I have no knowledge of Taiwan's transport system so I'm just going to pretend there are night buses, if there aren't I apologise] and in the darkness he travelled to a cemetery. His feet seemed to walk on their own and he found himself at his father's grave.

The sun had just caused a crack in the night sky, causing the black sky to have a soft but faint glow. It wasn't sunrise just yet. Xiao Yu looked at his father's grave stone and realised that he hadn't visited his father in a very long time. He brushed his hand over the stone that had small chips in the corner due to the weather. He then traced his finger over his father's name, "Ding Yu Long," he muttered before sitting down beside it. He closed his eyes and imagined his father in front of him.

"Dad, long time no see," he muttered.
"Hello son, I've missed you," he imagined his father's response.
"How have you been?" he asked his father in his mind.
"I should be asking you that. Your mother and I have left you all alone, I'm so sorry," he heard his father say. Xiao Yu mustered a small smile.
"You don't have to worry. I have the best brothers in the world, Da Dong and Ya Se," he replied, "Ah Guang Ge and Lei Ke Si have become our good friends too."
He imagined his father's smiling face, "I'm glad then. Do you have a girlfriend?" he inquired.
Xiao Yu chuckled and slowly shook his head.
In his mind, Ding Yu Long smiled at him, "Is there anyone you like?"
"There's this girl, Jiang Yu Yan," he began.
"Do you like her?" Yu Long asked.
Xiao Yu blushed a little and nodded but before their conversation could continue, Ding Yu Long's image in his mind disappeared.

Xiao Yu's eyes fluttered open in confusion; he felt as though someone had forcefully made his father leave because he wasn't ready to say goodbye to his father yet. Xiao Yu looked around to see a man approaching him. Because of the darkness and lack of lights, he couldn't see him properly.

"Ah, I didn't expect to find you here," he heard a familiar voice say.
Xiao Yu stood up quickly, instantly recognising that voice, "It's you again," he spat. He displayed his battle points and held up his glowing left fist angrily.
The man kept his distance and laughed, "This is a cemetery young man, you must show some respect to the deceased," the man told him, "We are not destined to fight here."
As he walked closer to him, Xiao Yu felt his aura slowly go away and his fist returned to his side and unclasped. "What are you doing here?" he asked quietly, "You killed my father; I won't let you get away with it."
The man just sighed and stepped closer to him, "I think you will," he smirked in the darkness.

Xiao Yu suddenly felt dizzy and stumbled backwards, tripping and falling onto his bottom. He grabbed his head in pain and the man laughed. "I don't see how you'll defeat me like that," he said as he watched Ding Xiao Yu's eyes close.

-----

Xiao Yu found himself looking down on a scene, through his own eyes. Again he saw his father but he was looking very young. In his arms was a small little girl, probably just a few years old.

"Ding Yu Long, give my daughter back to me!" a man yelled angrily. His face was blurred but Xiao Yu knew who it was.
Yu Long held onto the girl tightly and backed away, "She's not safe with you," Yu Long replied, "I'm not very familiar with you Mr. Wu but I can't just ignore a poor little girl who needs my help!"
"She doesn't need help, she's just fine with me," the voice replied, "If you take one more step I'll report you for kidnapping!"
The girl in Yu Long's arms hid hear face against his jacket.
"She's so scared of you!" Yu Long exclaimed, "I'm going to hand her over to social services!"

"Don't you dare Ding Yu Long! It isn't your place to meddle in my business!" the man replied angrily.

The enemy has a child? Xiao Yu thought.

"You're very own daughter came to me for help so of course it is my business to help her," Yu Long replied, turning around to walk away with the girl.
The man became angry, "My dear girl, come to your father!" he called out to her.
The girl slowly peeped over Yu Long's shoulder to look back at her father.
"That's it, come to me!" he encouraged, opening up his arms for her.

The girl didn't go to him and Yu Long walked away with her, triumphantly. The man was very angry. "If you won't come back to me willingly, I'll take you back by force," he muttered under his breath. He watched Yu Long walk his daughter across the zebra crossing. He smirked evilly when he saw two cars coming from opposite directions. He raised his hand and then threw a sphere of yi neng and the front wheels of one car and another sphere at the front of the other.

Dad! Xiao Yu cried out.

The two drivers in the cars lost control of their cars and the two cars skid across the road. Yu Long turned around with the little girl only to be hit with the two colliding cars. The little girl screamed as she was the one who got hit first and took the most impact. Yu Long fell to the floor, still conscious, but the little girl fell face up after rolling across the ground. Blood was running down her face and her eyes had blood pooling on her eyelids.

Xiao Yu's eyes were widened in horror.

The scene then cleared up and was replaced by a hospital scene. Yu Long was seated at the bedside of the girl at a hospital. He had a few injuries on his face and a broken leg but other than those injuries, he was fine. The girl however was in a much worse condition. She had thick bandages wrapped around her eyes and she seemed to be crying. Her cheeks were dampening with bloody tears as she spoke to Ding Yu Long.

"Don't worry, once you are discharged, I'll find you a family to take you in," Xiao Yu heard his father say. The girl just sobbed.

The scene continued to play but was fading away. Xiao Yu heard his phone ringing which brought him out of the vision.

-----


"Yu Yan?" Xiao Yu spoke into his phone as he looked around to see that the sun had fully risen.
"Little Fish where did you go so early in the morning?" she asked.
"Don't worry about it, I'm coming home," he told her as he stood up, "How did you call me?" he asked.
"I have your number on speed dial, remember? Dummy."
Xiao Yu smiled to himself.