Chapter 57: Jiang Yu Jing

KO One Re-Live

Xiao Yu prepared breakfast and looked at Yu Jing who sat on a stall in the kitchen. "Why didn't you tell me you had to go home?" he asked her, feeling a little annoyed, "I was really worried, Yu Yan."
Yu Jing sighed, "I tried to wake you up this morning but you were fast asleep. It was an emergency so I had to leave," she lied.
Xiao Yu frowned, "I'm sorry to say this but I'm glad you can't go home yet," he muttered, "I've already gotten used to us living together."
Yu Jing just shrugged and then shoved a cookie into . She then looked around the kitchen, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the oven door. Her hair was pretty messy after all that wind and she began running her hands through it to neaten it out. Xiao Yu looked at her as he placed a bowl of noodles in front of her, "Let me brush your hair," he said and left the kitchen.

Yu Jing inwardly groaned as she watched Xiao Yu leave, "This is going to be a long month," she muttered, "I can't live with this guy until I die... I have to find a way to leave and cause some mischief."

The weekends passed pretty quickly as Xiao Yu was busy working and Yu Jing just stayed at home. When Monday came again, Yu Jing just followed Xiao Yu quietly, not used to staying with him and acting as Yu Yan. When Xiao Yu asked her what toppings she wanted on her bagel when they visited the shop that morning, she just shrugged. "I don't really like bagels," she muttered and Xiao Yu looked at her.
"Really?" he asked her, "But you've eaten one almost every day."
Yu Jing looked at him and realisation hit her and she chuckled nervously, "I don't feel like having one today," she corrected and he nodded in understanding.



~*~*~
 


"Xiao Yu!" Da Dong exclaimed as he ran over to him and Yu Jing as they walked down the hallway, "Let's go to class together!" he beamed as he swung his arm around Yu Jing's shoulder. He pulled her down closer to him in a playful manner and instantly, Yu Jing pushed him away violently. "Wang Da Dong, don't touch me," she snapped at him, annoyed.
Da Dong rubbed the area on his chest where she had pushed him and looked at her confused, "Yu Yan, what's wrong?" he asked, "I always put my arm around your shoulders."
Xiao Yu also looked at her, almost worried.
Yu Jing's eyes widened at the looks they were giving her and she scratched the back of her head sheepishly, "Ah... sorry about that Wang Da Dong...I er..." she looked at them trying to think of something, "...Don't feel well today..." she ended up saying.
"Then do you want to go home?" Xiao Yu asked, "If you don't feel-"
"I'm fine," Yu Jing snapped and pushed past them and walked ahead.
"Did anything happen?" Da Dong whispered to Xiao Yu and he watched her walk.
"Not that I'm aware of," he replied, "She's probably feeling a bit tired," he added before following her.

 


~*~*~
 


[Iron Dimension]

Jiu Wu sighed as he was informed of the situation in the gold dimension, "Gou Gou has to take care of it himself, I can't leave the iron dimension. We have our own problems to solve."
Selina nodded as she stood next to her teammate, Ella (Played by Ella Chen). Ella sighed, "We understand."
Jiu Wu stood up, "I apologise. I promise to keep an eye on the suspects and provide any supplies if needed, but my dimension needs me right now," he explained before he smiled, "But in the mean time, why don't you hold a mini S.H.E concert here in the iron dimension? I'm sure dead man leader would love the extra cash!"

Ella laughed, "Meng Zhu, you're too funny! How can we impersonate our idols?"
"I was being serious," Jiu Wu replied, "Or I can round up Xia Tian and Lang Ling Wang and we can hold a mini Fahrenheit concert! Oh, I heard Xiu's cousin Cang Qiong looks like the future idol Wes from SpeXial! Maybe he can form a boy band and throw us a concert!"
Ella's eyes glittered, "That would be amazing!" she exclaimed before Selina frowned.
"Meng Zhu, please be serious. This is not a time for messing around and having fun," she replied.
Jiu Wu cleared his throat, "Yes, you're right. You are dismissed."

 


~*~*~



"Duan Chang Ren, meet Jiang Yu Yu Yan!" Da Dong exclaimed as he clapped, "Our newest brother!"
Duan Chang Ren ducked behind his counter before springing back up with a large banner with words painted on it, reading: 'Welcome Little Friend Jiang Yu Yan!'
Yu Jing rolled her eyes, "Was this necessary?" she asked.
"Of course she's not Xiao Yu's brother though!" Ya Se added and swung an arm around his shoulder. He smirked.
"Oh?" Duan Chang Ren raised an eyebrow and leaned in towards him.
"Ya Se, what do you mean by that?" Xiao Yu asked in a low voice, "Stop talking nonsense!"
Ya Se and Da Dong chuckled to themselves.
Yu Jing kissed her teeth and slumped over the counter.

Duan Chang Ren looked at Yu Jing and watched her then look at the three boys. He noticed how accurate her gaze was and how her irises were a deep brown and moved with her eyeballs. A small smile spread across his face, Well this is interesting...

 


~*~*~
 


Wu Xiong looked over at Yu Jing during class. The events in the Jin Bi Dian Long were engraved into her mind and she felt helpless as she couldn't do anything about it. She knew what would eventually happen but there were blurred images in her mind that she couldn't see property which prevented her from knowing everything so there were small gaps in her knowledge. She sighed; all she could do was protect Ya Se, Da Dong and especially Xiao Yu on the sidelines from the fake Yu Yan.

"Ya Se, I want to come too," she said when they got ready to practice for the festival.
Ya Se looked at her, "Are you sure?"
She nodded quickly, "Your swords for 'The Mystery of Immortality' have arrived," she replied, "I'll go get them."
"Swords?" Yu Jing repeated as a light bulb flashed in her mind.
"Props for our dance," Xiao Yu added.
"Okay, I'll come with you then," Ya Se answered.
"Why don't I go with her?" Yu Jing asked, "I know the way to the warehouse and you four shouldn't waste any time," she added.
"It's alright, I can handle them," Ya Se declined.

Wu Xiong made eye contact with Yu Jing and saw the glint in her eyes and wanting to keep her away from the four boys, she accepted her offer, "Ya Se, I don't need your help. Yu Yan is enough," she said.
"Are you sure?" Ya Se asked and she nodded confidently.
"Alright, we'll see you there then!" Da Dong beamed and skipped out of the classroom with Hong Guang following behind.
"Be careful," Xiao Yu commented before he exited.

Yu Jing quietly followed behind Wu Xiong and had her eyes wide open as she observed her surroundings, learning the route she was taking. After arriving to a small room, Wu Xiong opened a cupboard and brought out a large wooden box. Yu Jing helped her set it down on a table before she uncovered the lid. Inside, lying on a soft cushion, were four long swords tucked into their separate sheaths. Yu Jing's eyes widened in amazement as she unsheathed one and stared at the incredibly sharp blade with imprinted designs on the handle. "Are these real?" she asked, admiring the smooth weapon.
Wu Xiong nodded and picked up two, "They are real, we had to borrow them from Fahrenheit's company so be careful with them," she explained, "They could also hurt you so they must be kept sheathed."

Yu Jing nodded and she sheathed the sword she was holding. She picked up another one and the two of them walked out of the props room and left for the warehouse. Wu Xiong followed behind Yu Jing and eyed her carefully, wondering whether she should expose her cover now or remain silent.

 


~*~*~
 


Da Dong, Ya Se, Xiao Yu and Hong Guang spent the rest of that afternoon practicing. After an hour or two, they decided to take a break. "Hey Xiao Yu, why don't you and Yu Yan practice your duet?" Da Dong suggested as he wiped down his sweat.
"You're singing 'The Day You Left' right?" Hong Guang asked as he gathered their swords and put them to one side.
Xiao Yu nodded before turning to Yu Jing, "Can you sing now?" he asked her.

Yu Jing's mouth parted slightly, "Uh... I'm not too confident with the lyrics," she replied.
"Really?" Ya Se asked, "I thought you could memorise the lyrics after hearing the song once."

That damn Jiang Yu Yan had such good memory???? Yu Jing exclaimed in her head, Why didn't Yu Ting tell me? She then smiled faintly, "I wasn't really paying attention," she replied.

"Take a break first," Wu Xiong spoke up and opened up her bag revealing several snacks.
"Ah, Wu Xiong you're the best!" Da Dong exclaimed as he ran over to her, hungry.
Wu Xiong smiled, "They're Ya Se's favourites!" she replied.
"Narcissist, green tea flavoured mochi?" Da Dong asked as he held the packet up.
"Egomaniac, it's not as bad as it sounds. You should try it," Ya Se replied but before he could even finish his sentence, Da Dong had already devoured it.

"I wonder how the rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban are doing with their preparations," Hong Guang wondered, sitting beside Xiao Yu.
"Oh, Sha Yu wants us to practice dancing together," Da Dong remembered, "The rest of our class are background dancers right?"
"Except Wu Xiong, Yun Han and Zhu Pi and Fu Tou, they're working backstage," Ya Se replied.
"Wouldn't it be better to keep Jin Bao San out of the performance?" Xiao Yu asked.
"It would but everyone has to do something," Da Dong sighed.

Wu Xiong sat next to Yu Jing and handed her a bar of chocolate, "You've worked hard," she said.
Yu Jing scoffed, "I haven't done anything and I don't eat chocolate."
A small smile curved onto Wu Xiong's face, "How do you know it's chocolate?" she asked.
Crap I have to be blind, Yu Jing rolled her eyes, "I can smell it," she stuttered with darting eyes.
Wu Xiong noticed this but remained silent.

 


~*~*~



Da Dong and Ya Se were eating dinner at Duan Chang Ren's stall together, Xiao Yu had gone to work and Yu Jing had gone home so it was just the two of them. Duan Chang Ren had disappeared for some time so it was just the two of them.

"Hey Egomaniac, we should do something about Xiao Yu and Yu Yan," Ya Se said as he mushed up the ice in his slushie using his straw.
"It's so obvious that they like each other, they even changed themselves for each other," Da Dong replied.
Ya Se shuddered, "I'm glad Xiao Yu has gone back to normal though," he added.
"Right?" Da Dong wrinkled his face at the image of Xiao Yu looking like a punk, "It was so scary."
Ya Se chuckled, "But that was our fault because of what we said to them," he replied.
Da Dong sighed, "We have to actually do something to get them together," he then slurped his slushie.

"How about we get them on a date?" Ya Se suggested, "We won't tell them it's one."
"But then there will be no dating atmosphere," Da Dong replied, "Maybe we should get one of them jealous?"
"If we make Yu Yan jealous, she'll probably murder us and that didn't work when An Qi came for a visit," Ya Se explained, "So we have to make Xiao Yu jealous."
"Xiao Yu?" Da Dong replied in thought, "But I can't pretend to pursue Yu Yan because she's like a little brother and you have Wu Xiong."
"So we get someone else?" Ya Se asked, "How about we get her on a group blind date with the other girls in our class?"
"But she doesn't get along with them," Da Dong pointed out.
"Yu Yan seems to be a little unwell lately as well," Ya Se stated, "She's been quieter than usual and she hasn't picked a fight with anyone yet."
"There's still the rest of the week," Da Dong reassured, "We're all tired from preparing for the festival."

Suddenly, Duan Chang Ren popped out from behind his counter and placed down a small red box in front of them. "Maybe this will help the two of you in your mission!" he exclaimed.
Large smiles grew on the brothers' faces.

 


~*~*~



"That stupid Xiao Yu is out working so I have the whole night to myself," Yu Jing whispered happily as she walked through the school that night. She was wearing black clothing and on her face was a clown mask and her head was covered by a black hood. She smirked as she entered the prop room with the key she had sneakily stolen from Wu Xiong. She flicked on the lights and room was lit up with a dim glow. Quickly, she opened the box of swords that the boys were using for their performance and picked one up. She smirked when she looked at the label that read: "Wang Ya Se" on the handle of the sword. She put the sword behind her back and put everything back the way it was. When she left the room, she purposely dropped they key on the floor near the door before using her super speed to escape.

A few moments later, she was at the hospital were Pigeon Lady resided and when no one was looking, she cut off her life support. She watched Pigeon Lady begin to choke and gag in her unconscious state. Suddenly, there was a loud beeping noise from a device that flashed red. That was Yu Jing’s cue to leave. She then visited a bar that was popular amongst yi neng xing zhes. As soon as she entered, she slaughtered every one of them with the help of her super speed before any of them could react. Because the majority of them were intoxicated and they were mostly low levelled, they didn't know what hit them. In a matter of seconds, their yi neng was stolen away before the bar flooded with a river of blood. Yu Jing laughed madly, before throwing the sword down on the floor. She smiled before leaving the bar and returning to Xiao Yu's flat.

 


~*~*~



The next day, dozens of police cars sped towards Guava High. Countless officers barged into the school and ran towards Zhong Ji Yi Ban. From inside the classroom, Da Dong sat up upon hearing so much noise. "What's going on?" he asked before police officers burst into the classroom.

"Oh my," Tian Xin gasped.
The students of Zhong Ji Yi Ban shot out of their seats, with threatening glares. "Wang Ya Se, you are under arrest!" The chief police officer exclaimed, "Arrest him!" he ordered his men.
Immediately, Ya Se was surrounded by police officers who pulled his hands behind his back and slammed his face into his desk.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Da Dong barked, furiously, storming over to them.
Several other police officers grabbed him and Xiao Yu, pulling their hands behind their backs and restraining their movements.
"Let go of us!" Da Dong demanded, trying to pull himself free, "How dare you just burst in?!"
"Officers, please, what's going on?" Tian Xin exclaimed as she hurried over to them.
Wu Xiong growled angrily as she began jumping on the officers, attacking them with her claws, "Let go of Ya Se!" she howled.
Suddenly, Wu Xiong fell to the floor after being tasered.
"Wu Xiong!" Ya Se cried out before he was slammed into the wall.
"Arrest the rest of Zhong Ji Yi Ban just to be safe!" The chief police officer ordered and suddenly all the students were held down, detained by the officers, including Yu Jing and Tian Xin.

Hong Guang hurried to class after over sleeping. But once he entered, his eyes widened at all the chaos. "What's going on?" he asked, as he looked at everyone.
"Arrest him too!" Barked the chief.

"Hold up!" Hong Guang bellowed, before pulling out an object and holding it out in front of him. It was glowing a bright gold and was a circular shape.
"The sacred seal of the Meng Zhu?!" Da Dong exclaimed.
The chief police officer's eyes widened at the glowing object.
"I may not be the Meng Zhu now and I may be just a ma gua in this time and space," Hong Guang announced, "But as long as I am in possession of this seal, I still hold some authority of a meng zhu, so I hereby command you to release Zhong Ji Yi Ban!"

His eyes turned to stone and he glared down every single one of the officers. The complete seriousness of his face sent shivers down Da Dong's spine and he gulped at how intimidating and powerful Hong Guang still was even as a ma gua.

"Halt!" a voice ripped through the air before a pillar of light shot down into the classroom, revealing Selina and Ella holding Gou Gou meng zhu on a expensive red cushion.