Chapter 1

Then You Came

Sandara was walking near the park when she happened to see two kids, a girl and a boy.

The girl was crying while the boy was trying to pacify her.

"They look lost." She whispered.

She walked towards the kids to check on them.

"Hi kids... Is there something wrong?" She asked, sounding concerned.

The boy raised his head but immediately ignored her, holding his sister's hand.

"Are you lost?... Can I be of help?"

"Our Papa said not to talk to strangers." The boy told her and pulled her sister away.

Sandara followed them, thinking they might be in danger if they walk on the streets alone.

"I'm not bad... I won't harm you... I just want to help." She said.

The kids didn't answer but continued walking.

Sandara walked past the two kids and stopped in front of them. She squatted to be able to look at them face to face.

"If your lost, I can try to help. You can't walk alone on the streets. You might be hit by passing vehicles or some bad guys might hurt you."

She grabbed a handkerchief from her backpack and handed it to the boy.

"Here... dry her tears." She said.

The boy accepted it and helped the little girl wipe her tears.

"I know you don't know me and you don't trust me... But I promise you I won't harm both of you... Here, look at my ID." She showed them her ID and continued. "I live in an orphanage with kids same age as you... My name's Sandara." She smiled at them.

"We were just playing in the park when we saw a cat running and we followed it... that's when we got lost." The girl explained while sobbing.

"Sshhh... We'll find out how we can send you back home. Don't worry." Sandara tried to hush the kid by rubbing her back.

"Do you know your address or any phone number that we can contact?" She asked the boy who still looked worried about talking to her.

No one replied.

"Papa will get mad at us." The girl said in between sobs.

"Do you know your Papa's full name?"

The boy hesitated but, with no choice, answered, "Jiyong Kwon."

"Are they pertaining to the BACHELOR Jiyong Kwon? The known super rich businessman Kwon?" Dara's eyes widened in surprise but she didn't let the kids notice it.

"Okay... For you to be at ease, let's go to the police so that they can contact your Papa and he can go there to get you... Is that okay?" She asked.

The boy looked at the girl who nodded at him.

"Deal." He said in a business like tone.

Sandara smiled at how the boy spoke.

"Can I ask for your names before we go?"

"My name's Kim and he's Tim... We're twins." The girl answered.

"So... Tim and Kim... Let's go to the police and ask help from them, okay?" She stood up and extended her hand to let the kids hold her to which both obliged.

**********

"Sir, I'm not sure how you can contact their Papa but we need to get them home safely... They said their Papa is Jiyong Kwon." Sandara tried to explain to the police in front of her.

"Miss, how will we know you're telling the truth? How could Mr. Kwon have a child... or children, rather, when all the magazines that has his name on it says he's a bachelor?" The police argued.

"Go ahead and ask for yourself... How many times will I tell you? I found them walking on the street, wandering around. They said they got lost because of following a stray cat... I'm just here to make sure they can go home safely." Sandara sounded like she's pleading for the police officer to believe her.

"She's telling the truth Mr. Policeman... She's just helping us... and our Papa's name is really Jiyong." Tim spoke.

"Aaahh!! Fine.. We'll try to reach his office and talk to them... If I learn that you're not telling the truth, I'll let you stay in that cell for a day." The policeman pointed at her.

Sandara's lips twitched in annoyance.

The Police officer tried to get the contact number for Jiyong Kwon and reach his office. He was able to get the number for the information section of the building and he was directly transferred to Jiyong Kwon's secretary after he explained the situation.

***********

"Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting your schedule... There's actually an emergency at home..." Jiyong's secretary sounded hesitant in saying the news.

"What emergency?" Jiyong wasn't distracted by his Secretary's intrusion. He continued reading papers on his table, analyzing piles of business proposals that needs to be approved.

"Aaahh, Sir... A Police officer called..." His secretary stammered.

"Please go direct to the point May... Can't you see I'm busy?" He glared at her.

"I'm sorry Sir... The kids... Tim and Kim... They're at the police station with a girl named Sandara... The Officer said the kids got lost while playing in the park."

"What?!!" Jiyong stopped what he was doing and looked at his Secretary, trying to see if she's just playing prank on him. "What do you mean?... How can that happen when I just talked to their Nanny and she said the twins are playing at home."

"I just received the phone call Sir... They're at Police Station 27 with the girl who saw them walking around... I can ask someone to verify..."

May wasn't able to finish what she was about to suggest. Jiyong stood up and grabbed his car keys and coat.

"Have my meeting at 2PM cancelled... Tell them I have something urgent that I need to attend to."

"Sir, I can just let their Nanny get them from..."

"I said have my meeting cancelled!"

May got startled and immediately replied, "Yes Sir... I'll have it cancelled now... Should I..."

"I need to go now... I'll handle this myself... Make sure that my meeting is cancelled and have it rescheduled tomorrow."

"Yes Sir."

Jiyong immediately walked towards the door, out the building.

"Aaahh!! Kim and Tim are both giving me headache... and that stupid Nanny... She's being paid to take care of the kids... not to slack off." He hit the steering wheel in annoyance.

He reached the Police station in no time and immediately searched for the twins.

***********

"Papa..." Kim stood up from her seat and ran towards Jiyong. She hugged him and immediately apologized. "I'm sorry Papa... Sorry we made a mistake again." She started crying.

Tim followed her sister and looked down while in front of Jiyong.

"Sorry Papa." He said.

He patted Tim's head and carried Kim in his arms.

"Hi officer... I'm Jiyong Kwon." He introduced himself.

The Police officer stood up and offered a hand shake and Jiyong accepted it.

"It's nice meeting you in person Mr. Kwon... I see you have two kids?" The Officer asked, as if curious as to how it happened.

"They're my brother's kids." Jiyong briefly answered.

"I see... Since you're here now, you can bring the children home." The officer said.

"I was advised there was someone who brought the kids here?"

"Oh yes... This Miss over here." The officer pointed at where Sandara was seated.

"Can I have a word with you?" Jiyong asked her.

"Sure." She agreed.

"Kids, stay with Uncle Policeman first. I'll be right back, okay?" Jiyong asked them.

The kids nodded.

"This won't take long officer. Please take care of them for me."

"No prob... Go ahead." The officer replied.

Jiyong guided Sandara towards a corner where only few people pass.

"Look, Miss... Thank you for bringing the kids here... I know this is not much but please allow me to give you this as a gratitude..." Jiyong took out a checkbook from his suit and was about to write an amount when Sandara stopped him.

"Mr. Kwon, I have helped the kids not to ask anything in return but because I wanted them to get home safely. You don't need to give me that." Sandara felt a little insulted.

"I just want to show you how grateful I am that you've helped my nephew and niece." Jiyong's eyebrow furrowed.

"A simple thank will do." Sandara smiled wryly.

"Well... Thank you... Thank you so much."

"You're welcome... I have to go. Take care of the kids next time." Sandara said and turned around.

Jiyong didn't want to owe anyone because he feels that it can be used against him in the future so he thought of something that can serve as a token of gratitude to the woman in front of him.

"Miss," He stopped her. "At least have my calling card so that if in case you would agree to have the check I have offered, you can freely contact me."

Sandara's eyes turned into slit. She didn't like the way she's being treated. "Do you think your money can buy anything?... I just told you that your thank you is enough. I don't need your money Mr. Kwon."

"Just have this... Just in case." He placed his card in her bag which was slightly open.

She shook her head. "Why do rich people always act like that... It's nice meeting you Mr. Kwon." She said sarcastically.

She headed towards the kids to say goodbye.

Jiyong saw the kids hug her before leaving.