Chapter 24

Then You Came

Dara tried to contact Jiyong the night of her FOUND DAY when everyone were already set to sleep but his phone's turned off so she wasn't able to talk to him.

She wanted to tell him about Youngbae's visit 'coz she didn't want to keep anything from him.

"Mama, aren't we going to talk to Papa tonight?" Kim asked.

"Yes Ajhumma. We miss him already." Tim seconded.

"I tried to contact him sweetie but your Papa's probably busy with something that's why we can't reach him... Don't worry, we'll try to call him tomorrow morning instead... But for now, you have to sleep already. Didn't you get tired playing with the other kids?"

Kim smiled. "I wish we can visit them everyday Mama... I'll never get tired playing with them."

"I agree." Tim said, nodding his head.

"We'll ask Papa about that when he comes back."

Kim and Tim clapped their hands.

Dara pinched their cheeks in amusement. "Both of you should sleep now. It's getting late." She chuckled.

"Goodnight Mama." Kim said, giving her a hug and a kiss before lying down.

Tim also kissed her cheek before lying beside her sister. "Good night Ajhumma." He told her.

"Goodnight... Sleep tight." She kissed their foreheads in return and turned off the lampshade.

She waited for both to fall asleep before she went to the lawn and sat on the swing that's situated near Mother Cecilia's mini garden.

Her phone rang while she was busy gazing at the sky.

...Mr. Kwon...

She cleared before taking the call.

"Jiyong..."

"Huuh." The person on the other line sighed. "Nice to hear your voice again... Are the kids asleep now?"

"Yes... They were waiting for you to have a video chat with them but I told them you might be busy coz you're not taking my calls... They fell asleep immediately after they're back rested on the bed." She chuckled.

"Sorry I wasn't able to answer your calls... I was AGAIN on a meeting earlier. I actually just got out of the office and I'm taking a cab to reach home."

"Aaaww... You sound so tired."

"I am." He replied. "I don't want to drive anymore that's why I'm taking a cab instead."

"You haven't taken a good rest ever since you went there. Don't tire yourself too much." She sounded worried.

"I need to be sure everything's set... There's no time to waste... Plus I want to finish what I need to do here so I can leave and go back there."

"Still, you should take time to rest... I bet you missed dinner again, right?"

"I had coffee earlier."

"Aahh!! Jiyong... You should have ordered something if you can't leave your meeting... A sandwich at least. You're making me worried."

Jiyong chuckled. "I feel better now."

"Stop joking around... I know you when you have less sleep and less food intake... you tend to have stomach cramps... Then you've taken coffee on an empty stomach. Aaahh... You really want us to worry here Jiyong." She stood up and paced back and forth in front of the swing.

"I promise I'll eat when I get home." A smile was plastered on his face.

Even with the tiredness that's sipping into his body, it makes him feel better when he hears her worried tone and her continuous speech.

"It's not funny Jiyong... I know you're smiling right now. You need to take care of yourself... No instant food when you get home... At least take something that will properly fill your stomach."

"I'll have ramen... That's the only thing I've got at home."

"No, not ramen... Can I talk to the taxi driver?"

"Huh? Why?"

"I just need to talk to him."

"Dara..."

"Please..." She pleaded the sweetest way she could.

He took a deep breath and surrendered. "Fine."

"Sir, can my mom talk to you for a second?" She heard him said.

"Yah! Do I sound like a mother to him." She complained but immediately changed her tone when he heard an old man's voice on the line.

"Hello?" The driver said after temporary stopping the cab.

"Hi Sir... This is actually not his mom... My name's Dara."

"Yes, Dara?"

"I was just hoping if you could bring the guy in your cab to the nearest place where they serve good food... not too heavy in the stomach... preferably a restaurant that serves healthy stuff... I'll make sure for him to pay you extra."

"Really?"

"I promise."

"Okay... You're wish is my command mademoiselle." The driver chuckled.

"Oh, I could kiss you right now Sir. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome... I wish my wife's like you... Taking care of his man... Well, I'll hand the phone to him now."

The man handed the phone to Jiyong. "You should also take care of her. She's someone worth keeping." He whispered and winked at him.

"She often nags at me." He whispered back with crinkled nose and laughed before going back to talk to Dara.

"Jiyong, are you still there?"

"Yes, I'm still here." He responded. "What did you tell this Mister?"

"It's a secret... But please pay him extra for what he'll be doing." Dara chuckled.

"You want me to pay extra for what YOU requested?"

She grinned. "I'll pay you when you get back."

"Let's negotiate when I come back." He laughed.

"Fine with me." She agreed.

"I want you to take a picture as a proof that you'll follow Mister Driver's instructions, okay?"

"Okay." He rolled his eyes.

"I know you're rolling those eyes again."

"Do you have some kind of a camera set to follow me for you to know my expressions?"

"HAHAHA... Jiyong, you have those expressions with the different tones you have... When you say okay like you're just being forced to say it, you always roll your eyes... It's your mannerism."

"Hah... I only have them when I'm with you... Coz I'm infected with your weirdness." He teased.

"I'm not weird."

"You are... Even Timmy can attest to that." He laughed out loud.

"Then you're grumpy... and you're Mr. Serious."

"No I'm not."

"You are... Even Kimmy can attest to that."

"So you're using Kim as your witness?"

"You're the one who started."

"Did I?"

"Ah huh."

"Okay... I admit it."

"Good boy." She chortled.

"Go ahead and get some rest now... I promise I'll follow your instructions to Mister Driver."

"Be careful okay... Have another cup of tea before sleeping."

"I will... I'll video chat with you tomorrow when the kids are awake."

"Goodnight."

"Night."

"You're one cute couple." The driver commented after he ended the call.

Jiyong just smiled at him.

They stopped near a restaurant that says HEALTHY FOOD OPTIONS.

"Your girl asked me to bring you to a place where you can eat healthy and delicious food... So sweet." The driver rubbed his mustache.

"Thanks for bringing me here." He told him and gave him a couple of bucks more than what he needed to pay.

"This is more than enough."

"Let's just say I was pleased with your service." Jiyong winked.

"Thanks... You'll both be blessed."

"Be safe Sir." Jiyong said and got out of the taxi.

He smiled upon seeing the menu list.

'They got all my favorites in here... She really knows what would please me.'

He took a picture of himself with the food he's chosen and sent it to Dara. And after filling himself with his faves, he headed home and had a goodnight sleep.