Chapter 30

Then You Came

 

Dara opened the door a little and placed her small head on the space to peep and see the 2 men inside the VIP room.

She grinned at them and the two guys chuckled upon seeing her craziness.

"Good to see you both unscratched and unwounded." She commented.

"Why don't you come in?" Jiyong asked.

"I still have a couple who would like to see you both together." She replied and widened the space of the door making the couple outside the door visible to the 2 men inside.

Bom and SeungHyun appeared in both Jiyong and Youngbae's eyes.

Bom was teary eyed while SeungHyun can't help but smile widely.

"This is so great... I'm so happy to see you both together in one room... Oh my God... I can't stop my tears." Bom exclaimed and run towards Youngbae whom they've not talked with for a long time. "We missed you... so much." She sniffed.

Jiyong stood up and did a fist-bump with SeungHyun before walking towards Dara. He gave her a quick kiss on her lips and hugged her.

"Thank you for making this possible." He said.

"I'm happy to see you both okay." Dara replied.

SeungHyun also walked towards Youngbae and placed his hand on the latter's shoulder and squeezed it. "Glad to have you back, man."

Youngbae smiled at him.

"Thank you Dara." Bom raised her head after giving Youngbae a tight hug. "You really are an angel."

"It won't be possible if Youngbae and Jiyong didn't agree to talk, right? I think the credit needs to be for them and not for me... I merely set the place, that's all I contributed."

"Shall we have a feisty dinner?... This needs to be celebrated. A bottle of aged wine should set the mood right." SeungHyun said while raising the bag on his hand.

"I've seen it in your social media account... You love collecting wine and antique things... No wonder... you were a drunkard when we were younger." Youngbae chuckled.

"He became sophisticated when it comes to drinking... He only drinks what's branded... Where as when we were younger, he doesn't choose... he drank whatever it is for as long as it's liquor." Jiyong back Youngbae's statement up.

SeungHyun scratched his nape. "We were young back then... Curious about things, you know." He shrugged.

Bom caressed his arm. "I understand, don't worry." She smiled sweetly.

"That's right... We were young back then... We didn't know the impact of our actions... I'm no exception to that... I'm sorry guys." Youngbae apologized.

Bom looked at him and smiled. "Everything happened in a snap... We were also at fault... We let you fall in the hands of those students who influenced you negatively... But then all of those are in the past now. Let's just focus on what we have now... You're back, and we're happy about that."

"I think we need to go on a trip to celebrate... What do you guys think?" SeungHyun suggested.

"A trip?" Dara asked.

"Where to?" Jiyong questioned.

"Trip to the past... Let's go back to our old school and our usual hang out place." SeungHyun replied.

Bom smiled. "That's a good idea... It's been so long since we last visited that place."

"Do you think it's still there?" Youngbae asked.

"There's only one way to find out." SeungHyun said.

"See for ourselves?" Dara verified to which SeungHyun answered with a nod.

"This will be exciting... Are we all free tomorrow?" Bom asked.

"You can all go... I can't leave the kids alone in the mansion." Dara told them.

"But I want you to be there, too." Jiyong said.

"What should we do with Tim and Kim then?"

"Tomorrow's Saturday... Can we ask Minzy or Dae to take care of them?" Jiyong asked.

Dara looked at Jiyong. "Should we bring them to the orphanage so they can play with the kids?"

"That's a good plan... They won't feel bored since the other kids will be there to keep them busy." Youngbae commented.

"Okay... So everything's set?" Bom asked.

"I guess so." Dara was still worried about leaving the kids but she also wanted to go back to Jiyong's past. She wants to know him better.

Bom clapped her hands excitedly. "Let's meet outside the school tomorrow, after lunch... This will be fun."

"I know." SeungHyun seconded.

***********

"I'm sorry Nana Jade for coming home so late." Dara whispered to the old lady who has fallen asleep beside Kim.

"Oh, that's fine. Kim was looking for you earlier and didn't want to sleep without embracing someone so I lay down beside her... I didn't notice I also fell asleep." The old lady smiled.

Dara smiled back and helped her get up carefully to avoid waking Kim up.

"Thanks Nana Jade."

"No problem... I'll go back to my room now."

Dara nodded.

She heard the door opened and closed while she was fixing Kim's blanket. She then moved to Tim who was also soundly sleeping.

Jiyong got inside the room to kiss the kids good night.

"I think we need to get them 2 more Nannies so they can help you with taking care of these two naughty kids." Jiyong told Dara after they left the room.

"New Nannies? Do you think the twins would agree to that?"

"I guess so... They'll just be your back up in case you have other things to do... same as today."

"We should ask the kids about it first."

"We'll tell them tomorrow."

"Okay." Dara smiled.

Jiyong held her hand as they walked towards their respective rooms.

"See you tomorrow." Dara said as they stopped in front of Jiyong's room.

"Can't you sleep beside me again?" Jiyong looked at her with his puppy eyes.

"Not this time... I won't give in to those pleading eyes of yours." She chuckled.

He smiled and cupped her cheek with his hand and caressed it.

"Are you happy that Youngbae and you were able to talk and patch things up?" Dara stared at his eyes, as if trying to read Jiyong's feelings.

He smiled at her and nodded. "I never thought we'll still go back to what we were back then... I know we still haven't completely reconciled... It's like the tension's still there... There are still moments of silence whenever we talk as you've noticed earlier while we were eating... But I think the trip we'll have tomorrow will help us regain how we really were back then."

"When I saw the four of you together earlier, even if I wasn't there during those older years, I felt your bond... I think your friendship is something that may have been scratched but never broken... And I love seeing those spark in your eyes, the smile you don't often show... You gaze at them with so much love. And I feel happy about it."

Jiyong lowered his head to reach for her lips and gave her a gentle kiss. "You've done a lot for me, Dara... I can never thank you enough for everything." He touched her lips with his thumb before kissing it again. "I love you... I love you so much I can tell the world about it."

Dara smiled in between their kiss. "That's something you should avoid or else many will react negatively."

He gently pushed her away to look at her intently. "Why will they react negatively."

"You know why Jiyong... They wouldn't want someone like me. Your world won't accept someone like me... a nobody."

"And who says you're a nobody?.. You're even better than most of them."

"You know that's not true." Dara looked down.

"You know what?..." He held her chin and made her look at him. "You shouldn't look down on yourself... You are beautiful and loving... You're a gem... You are perfect... I want you and no one can and should dictate anyone when it comes to love." He smiled sweetly.

"Too much compliment." She smiled back.

"They're all true." He told her while teasing her lips with little kisses.

"I love you Jiyong." She said, tiptoed and hooked her arms around his neck.

He deepened the kiss and savored .

"Are you not gonna change your mind about sleeping in my room?" He asked, not putting his lips away from hers.

She shook her head while replying to his little naughty kisses.

He pulled out of the kiss and showed her a frowning face.

She chuckled seeing how Jiyong was being childish in front of her. "My answer's still no." She was shaking her head.

With a frown, he added a pout.

She pinched both his cheeks and gave him another quick kiss on his lips. "Enough teasing Jiyong... We still have to wake up early tomorrow... We'll bring the kids to the orphanage before we meet Bom, SeungHyun and Youngbae, right?"

He smiled at the thought of them going back to his memory lane. "I can't wait to remember all those old memories... and we'll walk through it together."

"Me, too... I'll have the chance to get to know The Jiyong Kwon deeper." She caressed his cheek.

Jiyong gave her a tight hug and kissed her temple. "Go to sleep now... Go now before I carry you inside the room and embrace you in my arms and not let go." He then released her and patted her head.

"Goodnight."

He replied by waving his hand.

She tiptoed one more time and gave him a quick kiss before going down the stairs without looking back.

He looked up and smiled. 'I've been blessed... To you up there... THANK YOU.'

He took a deep breath and entered his room after Dara was no longer in sight.