Chapter 52

Then You Came

"Have we missed something?" Jiyong whispered in her ears, placing his hand around her waist.

They were in the waiting/work room given for each designers of the event.

"Just in time." She smiled, kissing Jiyong's cheek.

"Where's Chae?" Seungri asked, looking around.

"Don't worry about your twin sister... She's just outside checking on her models." Bom told him while seated beside her partner.

"Aren't we going out yet? The show's gonna start in a few minutes." SeungHyun asked.

"But Youngbae, Minzy and Dae aren't here yet." Dara replied.

"Looking for us?" A smiling Youngbae appeared after the door opened.

"Sorry we're late... Youngbae Hyung's not good with directions... We got a little lost." Daesung told them.

It made the people in the room laugh.

"Really, Dae?" Youngbae looked at him while hands were placed on his waist.

"But it's the truth, Oppa." Minzy backed her brother up.

Laughing, Jiyong commented. "Let's all be honest here, Bae... Ever since, you're really not good with directions."

"Not even you, man." He acted like he was complaining.

"Instead of bullying Youngbae, let's all go out to the event area... We don't want to miss the show, do we?" Bom told everyone.

She stood up while holding SeungHyun's hand who followed her behind.

"That's why I love you, Bommie... You always take my side." Youngbae smiled with her eyes.

"Don't get me wrong, Bae... Jiyong's telling the truth." She chuckled before opening the door.

Everyone walked past him who was left dumbfounded.

Dara smiled at him and patted his shoulder before stepping out of the room.

"Really? I get to be the laughing stock today, huh?" He snickered before following his friends.

************

"Did I tell you that you look lovely tonight?" Jiyong told Dara who's seated beside him.

They were at the audience area, waiting for the show to start.

"Well, thank you." She crinkled her nose and smiled.

"How's the kids?"

"They were watching a movie when I left."

"Jisuk Ajhussi drove you here?"

She nodded. "I allowed him to go home tonight... He said it's their wedding anniversary... They'll go out on a date... I asked him to bring the car with him and take his wife in a nice restaurant."

He pinched her cheek. "Should we go out on a date as well?"

She was still about to reply when the host announced the start of the show. "Shhh... Show's starting." She tapped his knees. "Before that..." She moved closer to him as the music started to play. "I love to go out on a date with you." She grinned which made him smile wide while pretending to put his focus on the show.

There were a lot of models walking on the runway and the clothes they wear looked very pretty. Others look elegant while there were also some who chose avant-garde as their theme.

When Chaerin's creation started to show, everyone was especially in awe. The clothes she created were in between, elegant and everyday wear. The main focus of her design was its details.

"Chaerin really did well... I think she's been noticed by other designers that are present tonight." Seungri reacted proudly.

*************

"Congratulations, Chae... That was a great show." Dara hugged her after handing a bouquet of flowers to her.

"Thank you guys for watching the show... I feel like all the nerves were washed away after seeing the models walking the runway while they were wearing the clothes I made."

"You did a great job, Chae." Seungri smiled and hugged her sister. "There are still people who want to congratulate you other than us."

Chaerin's forehead furrowed.

They all stepped aside to give way to the two older people who were kept hidden behind them.

"Mom? Dad?" She was so surprised it made her teary eyed. "You said you couldn't come."

"We won't miss this for anything else, sweetheart." Her mom spoke.

"We were about to go straight to your grandpa's house two days ago when your brother told us we would need to stay in a hotel."

"You know they're here?" She asked her brother.

"I wanted to see your epic reaction of shock." Seungri shrugged.

She hit his arm while wiping her tears.

Dara chuckled and handed her a box of tissue. "I knew you would need this."

"Unnie?"

"We all know about it, Chae." Jiyong replied for his girl.

"We've already met the woman your Oppa has fallen in love with." Mrs. Lee told them while lovingly looking at Dara.

"Mom, it's still a secret." Seungri reminded his mother.

"Oops! Sorry." She covered cutely which made them laugh.

"We're having dinner together tonight. You all wanna come?" Mr. Lee offered.

"Sorry, Uncle... SeungHyun and I have plans after this." Bom replied.

"And I guess all four of you have a lot to talk about." Youngbae said.

"Youngbae's right, Uncle... You can take these twins to celebrate. I bet Aunt missed these two so much." Jiyong seconded.

"You're right... We're here for two weeks anyway. There's still a lot of time to have a gathering with all of you." Mr. Lee agreed.

"We'll get going... Be careful on your way home guys." Bom walked towards Chaerin and hugged her.

SeungHyun did the same. "Congratulations, Chae."

"Thanks Unnie and Oppa... Take care."

They both bowed their head in front of Mr. and Mrs. Lee before leaving.

"How about both of you?" Mrs. Lee asked Jiyong and Dara.

"We'll leave with Youngbae, Minzy and Daesung." Jiyong replied.

"We'll see you tomorrow?" She asked, looking at Dara.

"We'll bring the kids there." Dara told her.

"That's a good idea." Mr. Lee said with a smile.

"Enjoy your late dinner." Youngbae told them.

Minzy and Daesung both gave Chaerin a hug. Youngbae followed behind.

They all bowed down to the twins' parents and left after.

***********

"Where to?" Youngbae asked while they were walking towards the parking lot.

"I still have to go back to the studio, Hyung." Daesung said.

"At this hour?" Dara asked.

"Daesung said he left his notebook there." Minzy told her.

"The one where you compose your songs?" Dara tried to confirm.

She knows how important it is for her brother.

Daesung nodded.

"I'm actually planning to also go back to the studio... You can both go with me." Youngbae offered.

"We can drive them there." Jiyong said.

"It's going to be out of your way... I'll just drive them home after coming to the studio." Youngbae insisted.

"Are you both okay with that?" Dara checked.

"Youngbae Hyung's right, Noona... Don't worry about us."

"Oppa's just not good with directions... But he's very careful when it comes to driving." Minzy teased.

Youngbae scratched his nape.

Before getting out of the building, Dara held Jiyong's arm and shook it.

"Hmm?"

"Can we go to the comfort room first... I really need to pee."

"I'm coming with you, Unnie."

"We'll wait for both of you outside the building." Jiyong told them to which she responded with a nod.

************

"Hey, Minzy... What took you so long? Where's your Unnie?" Jiyong asked.

"Isn't she here yet?" Minzy's forehead creased.

"You were with her, right?" Youngbae asked.

"I waited for her outside the cubicle where she entered but someone else came out of it... I also checked on other cubicles but she wasn't there. I thought she's already here."

"Let me call her." Jiyong pulled her phone out from his pocket and called her number. "It's turned off." He said after only hearing the automated voice.

"She might have forgotten something inside the hall." Daesung spoke.

"Try calling Chaerin." Youngbae suggested.

Jiyong did what he was told, already feeling a little nervous.

"What did she say?" Youngbae checked after Jiyong talked to his cousin.

"She said she haven't seen her there." He told them. "I'll try searching around... She probably lost her way back."

"That's not so Noona." Daesung commented.

"Let's try waiting for her here... say a few minutes more... She probably met someone she knows inside and wasn't able to tell Minzy about it." Youngbae proposed.

"You're right... Few more minutes." Jiyong started clicking his phone, locking and unlocking it, trying to check if there's a message from Dara.

Thirsty minutes have passed but even Dara's shadow was nowhere to be found.

"I think we need to check on security... I'm feeling nervous about this." Jiyong spoke.

"Daesung and I will stay here just in case Dara comes out of the building."

Jiyong nodded. "Minzy?"

"Let's go." She responded.

**************

earlier, outside the restroom

It's a bit stuffy inside the comfort room so Dara decided to wait for Minzy outside.

A man probably in his early 30s stood beside her. He was looking suspicious as he was wearing sunglasses.

"Stay still and be quiet if you don't want to get hurt." He whispered.

Dara's eyebrows furrowed. She looked at the man to check who it was. "I'm sorry?" She reconfirmed.

"Act as if you know me or I'll ask someone to put a bullet on Jiyong's head."

Hearing what he said, Dara's eyes widened. Her heart started to beat fast.

"Walk forward." He commanded but she didn't move a finger.

He chuckled evilly. "See this phone?... This phone holds his life... If you don't follow, we'll kill him."

"Who are you? What do you want?" She asked in a whisper, a little breathless.

"Are you gonna follow or not?" He sounded scary. His voice with authority.

"I'll follow everything you say... Please, don't hurt Jiyong." Her voice was trembling. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead.

"Walk forward."

She followed.

"Act natural." He placed his arm on her shoulders. "Just follow my lead."

"Where are you bringing me?" She asked, her knees a little wobbly.

"Who gave you the right to ask?"

She looked down. "Sorry."

"Do not act suspicious... I swear someone's gonna pull the trigger and put a bullet on Jiyong's head if you start pissing me off." He talked as if gritting his teeth.

Not wanting anything to happen to Jiyong, Dara obeyed everything that the man told her to do.

They got out of the building from the back exit and she was pushed inside a van where four other men were waiting. They started to tie her hands and feet and blindfolded her.

After a few minutes, the engine started and she felt the van moving.