Chapter 4

Then You Came

"Mother Cecilia, he agreed to be our sponsor... He offered help of 1 million won every month for the orphanage." Dara told the head of the orphanage.

"That's really good news Unnie... I told you there's no harm in trying." Minzy said.

"I know... Thanks to your being persuasive, I was forced to go ask help from that person." She wiggled her eyebrows and smiled at Minzy.

"Where's Daesung?" Mother Cecilia asked.

"He's with the kids... Those two little kiddos are so energetic... They don't know how to be tired." Minzy commented.

"Be patient with them... They don't go out often and they often stay in their play room so they get excited whenever they go out and play with other kids." Dara explained.

"You said you serve as their Nanny starting yesterday in exchange to Mr. Kwon's sponsorship?" Mother Cecilia verified.

Dara nodded. "I was the one who offered to help him since I heard that the kids' Nanny left and no one will take care of them."

"Unnie, how about the painting works that you've already said yes to?"

"That's no problem. The kids rest every afternoon, after class so I still have time to do that."

"Dear, don't stress yourself too much... You don't have time for yourself anymore."

"Mother Cecilia's right, Unnie."

"Don't worry about me... Painting helps me release my stress. I don't consider it as work... And besides, I enjoy being with the kids. It's just like being here when I'm in the mansion."

"Thank you Unnie... Thank you for taking care of us." Minzy said.

"You're all grown up now... My only wish is for you to focus on your studies first."

"I will... I promise."

"Don't forget to look after Daesung, too... Don't let him get too busy with singing... Make sure his grades are still okay."

Minzy saluted. "Yes Ma'am."

Dara pinched Minzy's cheek. "Take care of Mother Cecilia, too... and the kids. I won't be here everyday but if you need anything, just call me... Mr. Kwon said Sunday's my free time so I'll visit you during Sundays."

"Take care of yourself there Dara. Tell us if your having problems, okay?"

"Yes, mother Cecilia."

"Let's check on the kids outside... Daesung must be tired handling them." Mother Cecilia invited.

"That's a good idea." Minzy stood up and followed the old Nun.

***********

"Mama, Daesung Oppa carried me on his shoulders and we chased the other kids... It was fun."

"Mama?" Minzy gave Dara a meaningful look.

"It's not what you're thinking Minzy... Wait til you hear how Tim calls me."

"I'm not saying anything." Minzy half-raised her hand.

"I know what that look means."

Minzy chuckled.

"Ajhumma, can we visit here everyday? It's fun playing with the kids." Tim said while she was wiping the sweat that's dripping from his forehead.

Daesung laughed out loud. "Ajhumma?"

Dara smacked his arm to stop him from laughing.

"What's funny Hyung?" Tim asked.

"Why do you call Dara Noona Ajhumma?" Daesung asked back.

"Because she don't look like the girls her age... She wears that big sling bag with normal shirt and pants... Plus she talks like an ajhumma." Tim smiled.

"Ajhumma Dara... I think we should call you that from now on." Daesung teased.

Minzy laughed with him.

"Yah, you two... Only Tim can call me that... Start calling me Ajhumma and you'll see what you'll get." She raised her fist to threaten them.

"Unnie, that's why I told you to sometimes wear dresses and put a little make up on so you'll look prettier... You're wasting your beauty."

"You know there are other things to worry about than that." She pulled Kim towards her and wiped her sweat, too.

"I placed something inside your bag... It's a gift from Me, Daesung and the kids... Don't look at it until you reach the mansion." Minzy smiled.

"You and Dae are crazy." Dara smiled.

She knew that this is how the two show their affection and gratitude.

Mother Cecilia clapped her hands to get everybody's attention. "Everyone, it's time to eat."

"Yey... Time to eat." The kids from the orphanage rejoiced.

"What are we gonna eat, Mama?" Kim asked.

"Let's see... Mother Cecilia's cooking skill is the best so you would love what she prepared, whatever it is, for sure."

"I'm hungry, Ajhumma." Tim said.

"Come on in... We'll eat all together."

"I'll sit beside Daesung Oppa." Kim said.

"Come on." Daesung held her hand and went in.

"Do you want to sit beside me, Tim?" Minzy asked and he nodded.

Dara smiled at the sight of the kids enjoying themselves with the presence of the people she treat as FAMILY.

"Ajhussi Jisuk, come and join us on our meal." Dara asked the driver of Family Kwon.

"Is it okay?"

"Of course... Let's enjoy the meal together. You'll surely love Mother Cecilia's cooking."

"I'd love to taste it." The Ajhussi answered and went in the dining area together with Dara.

***********

"Where have you been? Jiyong got home early and was looking for the kids." Nana Jade asked Dara after she got down from the car.

"I wasn't able to notice the time, Nana Jade... Is he angry?"

"A little... He got home already not in the mood and I guess not seeing the kids made it even worse."

"I promised to bring the kids home before sun down and it's already 7PM... I'll be so dead." Dara was worried.

"Let's bring the kids to bed first."

"They're both asleep now... I'll carry them to their room and change their clothes without waking them up."

"Have you eaten dinner?"

"Yes... before leaving the orphanage."

"Let Jisuk bring Tim."

"Okay... I'll carry Kim."

They carefully brought the kids in their room and Dara thanked Ajhussi Jisuk for the help before he left.

She quickly got damp towel to wipe it on the kids faces, arms and legs before changing their clothes. She made sure that both were securely lying on the bed before leaving.

She was slowly closing the door when someone spoke.

"Do you know what time is it?"

Her heart almost jumped out of her chest due to shock.

She faced the person who spoke and saw Jiyong's serious face.

She bowed and apologized. "Sorry we came home late... I can't decline Mother Cecilia's offer to have dinner there."

"So you decided not to let the kids rest early because of that?"

"I'm sorry."

"Is that the only thing you can say?"

"It's my fault... I admit to my mistake."

"Don't do it again or else I won't allow you to bring the kids outside next time."

"It won't happen again."

"That's what I want to hear... Are they asleep now."

Dara nodded, still looking down.

"They fell asleep on our way back. Ajhussi Jisuk and I carried them and I changed their clothes while they were sleeping."

"Were you informed about their schedule for school tomorrow?"

Dara nodded.

"You can leave now... I'll just check on the kids before I go back to work."

"You're back home but you still have to work?" Dara can't stop herself from asking.

"I don't stop working... No matter where I am, I still need to work. Even if I'm sleeping, I still dream of work... I need to or else someone else might ruin the business."

"You're scary." Dara commented.

"Am I?"

Dara's head tilted. "You already have everything... You can just rest and order someone to take care of everything for you but you still choose to be hands on."

"I was raised like this... Is there something wrong with that?"

"Nothing... Except that you don't give time for yourself... I think you need to unwind sometimes."

"I think it's not part of your job to care for that matter Miss Park."

"I know... I was just saying." She answered.

"Is there more that you would like to comment about?"

Dara smiled. "Smile... It will make you feel better." She said and quickly ran down the stairs without looking back.

Jiyong was left dumbfounded.

'And she dared to comment on how I work?' He told himself.