Chapter 34

Then You Came

Jiyong gave Dara a kiss on her forehead after consecutively giving the twins a kiss on their cheeks. He decided to drop them off to the dance studio where Minzy's working part time.

"I'll be home as soon as I'm done talking to Kiko." He held her hand that's on her lap and squeezed it.

She smiled a bit. Her worry was a little visible.

"Everything will be fine... I promise it will just be a talk to end the issue once and for all."

"I know... I trust you... I just can't help it. I'm still scared on how it may end up." She looked down and stared at the hand that's holding hers.

"I promise to call you as soon as I get there. I'll also make a call after we talk."

She looked at him and nodded. "Okay... Be careful. Drive safely."

"I will." Jiyong smiled. "I love you."

She smiled back and replied. "I love you, too."

He gave her another kiss on her forehead before turning his attention towards the twins. "Enjoy your dance class. Have fun, okay?"

"We will, Papa." Tim said and s his small arms on Jiyong's neck.

Kim showered him with kisses on his cheeks. "Bye, Papa."

The two kids excitedly hopped out of the car.

"I'll see you at home." Dara said while touching his cheek. "Take care." She told him and kissed him on his cheek. "Go now before I get tempted to stop you from meeting her." She crinkled her nose and held the door so she can step out of the car.

Jiyong smiled at her last sentence. He knew for sure that Dara's being jealous. He slid the car window down and waved his hand to the kids while he mouthed the words I LOVE YOU to Dara.

It made her smile while nodding. She also waved her hand at him.

He gestured his hand, asking them to get inside the building.

She then held both the twins' hand and guided them towards the entrance.

After they got in, Jiyong drove off and headed to their meeting place that's set by Bom.

***********

Jiyong stood up upon hearing a knock on the door.

"Sorry for being late." Kiko got in, bowing her head in apology.

"It's okay... I just waited a few minutes anyway." He answered. "Have a seat." He offered, pulling the seat adjacent to his.

They were in a hotel room and a table for two was set in the middle of the living room.

"Thanks." She told him and sat on the chair.

...SILENCE...

"This is a little awkward." She chuckled.

He smiled at her comment.

'Say what you have to tell her, Jiyong.' He reminded himself.

"I'm sorry about the Documentary they've released about my biography... Bom said it's the reason why you wanted to talk to me."

He nodded. "Our old picture appeared in that biography, they said."

"You haven't watched it?"

"I'm a busy person... I've no time for that." He replied.

"I see." She took a sip of her wine.

"But my girlfriend saw it."

"You're girlfriend?" Kiko asked, a little baffled with what he said.

'Is this his way of making me jealous? Was this what Bom was pertaining to when she talked to me?' She asked herself.

"This is why I wanted to talk to you, Kiko... I know we had a rough encounter last time in our high school reunion... but I hope we can end things smoothly and just go our separate ways."

"You mean you're no longer mad at me?"

"Let's just say I've learned to let go of the past."

"Jiyong, about when I left, I'm sorry... I didn't get the chance to say that properly."

"I understand now, Kiko... I know now how important your dream is for you... and I'm sorry I wasn't able to fully support you on that... I think I'm also to blame on how our relationship has ended... I'm no longer holding any grudges... I'm happy now and I can see you are enjoying yourself, too. Let's just leave it as it is."

She chuckled while brushing her hair with her fingers. "All this time I was hesitant to talk to you thinking you're still mad... and here you are now saying you've moved on."

He smiled genuinely. "Someone has taught me the word forgiveness... and she's also why I want to talk to you about the Documentary that came out."

'You want to play this game, huh? Then we'll play the game, Jiyong.' Kiko was thinking that Jiyong was playing hard to get and that she'll come after him.

"I really apologize about it, Jiyong. I know I should have consulted it with you first before I allowed them to include that information."

"It already happened... We are unable to change that anymore... But I would like to ask you a favor."

"What is it?"

"I think, with the documentary saying you've known me for so long and that we've been close all throughout, it put Dara on the spot saying she's a third wheel in our relationship."

"So, Dara's her name."

"Yes... and she's a lovely person."

"Then what do you want me to do now?"

"Tell media we're over and that we no longer talk that often... I didn't want to drag her to this type of attention. She's a very private person."

'Got an idea.' She smirked inwardly.

"Jiyong, you know, there's actually a reason why we had to release that information to the media."

Jiyong's forehead creased.

"I need to stir audience's attention for me to be back to the spotlight... If you're trying to take Dara out of the spotlight... I, on the other hand, need it to keep my position in the industry."

"So, you're using me to your advantage?" Jiyong didn't like her purpose.

"I'm sorry, Jiyong."

"You always say that... But you still end up doing something that's gonna affect someone else." Jiyong tried to calm himself.

"I had no choice, Jiyong... I wanted to ask for your help but I was scared you'll just reject me... because I thought you're still mad at me."

"So you opted on taking that action thoughtlessly?... I don't wanna get mad again, Kiko... I'm trying to get your rationale for all these nonsense... But I really don't understand your point... I feel like it's a different Kiko who I'm seeing right now... It's scary how fame made you into this."

"It's not fame, Jiyong... It's my dream I'm trying to hold on to." She looked down and tried to look pitiful. She played with her fingers.

He took a deep breath and said, "What do you want to happen now?"

She smiled before looking up to face him. "I'll tell media we're still friends... Close friends. Now, it's up to you on how you would like me to present Dara."

"I want them to know that she's now my girlfriend... but we want to keep our lives as private as possible. What do you suggest?"

"I don't know... Maybe tell people that she's just merely someone who works for you?"

"Why would I say that?"

Kiko shrugged. "You said you don't want her to be on the spotlight... That's the best way you can take her away from media's eyes."

Jiyong hissed. "You shouldn't have released that information in the first place." He sounded annoyed.

"That's why I'm apologizing... And I'm letting you choose now... I'm not making the decision. I'm asking you to do it." Kiko said.

"I don't wanna lie to people... She's my girlfriend and I'm not going to deny that fact."

'Still trying to make it hard for me? Let's see what's gonna happen in the end... I know you're just using her to get me back.' Kiko thought to herself.

"Is that your decision?"

"I'm gonna tell Dara about it."

"So you don't want me to talk to media first?"

"Is it okay?"

"Of course... Anything in exchange to the wrong I've done."

Jiyong nodded. "I'll call you."

"Do you have my number?"

"I'll ask Bom."

"Why not have it now? Bom's a busy person."

"You're right... Here." He handed his phone to her.

Kiko dialed her number and gave it a ring to get Jiyong's number, too. She handed his phone back.

"Should I send you home?" Jiyong asked.

"Is it okay?"

"Why not?... Bom said you just took a cab since you don't want to catch any attention."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"Can we have dinner, first?" Kiko asked, smiling at him.

"Sorry. How rude of me... You can have dinner. I'll wait for you to finish before we leave."

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'll just eat at home."

"If you're not gonna eat, I'll no longer eat as well... I might be disturbing your plans for tonight... Should we leave now?" She acted like she's going to stand but Jiyong stopped her and made her sit again.

"I know you just came from a photo shoot... Have dinner first then we'll leave... I'll have dinner with you."

"Really?" She pouted.

He chuckled. "Yes... really... I'll call the server. Order what you want... I'll just have the same as what you'll order. I just have to excuse myself for a few minutes." He stood up and took his phone from his pocket, heading to the bedroom.

************

...DARA...

"Why did you drop the call?" Jiyong asked, surprised at what Dara did.

She laughed on the other line. "I'm sorry... I have to coz it might wake the twins up... I just left their room."

"I see." He smiled. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore."

"Awww... Our Jiyongie's acting cute. I miss you already." She chuckled. "Are you on your way home?"

"Sorry... I'm still stuck in here... but I promise to be home before 12 midnight."

"Be sure or else the doors will be closed." She joked.

"I love you."

"That won't work if you go home past 12."

"You're too strict, My Love."

"When the clock strikes 12 and you're still not home, there will be no My Love anymore."

"Oh my... I think I should finish this conversation quickly and just speed drive my way home."

She chuckled. "I don't want you to be in a car accident so drive safely when you get home... I'll wait for you."

"You should just rest."

Dara didn't answer.

"You okay?" Jiyong asked.

"Jiyong..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm a little scared."

"Why?"

"I'm scared that I might hear you say it's still Kiko."

"Hey... It's not gonna happen, okay? I Love you... and it's not gonna change just because I've met with Kiko again."

She didn't reply.

"I love you, Dara... You said you trust me, right?"

"I'm just being my random self right now... Don't mind me." She snickered.

But Jiyong knew that Dara's still worrying.

"I love you... and I'm willing to let the world know about it."

Dara smiled at what he said. "Thank you... for giving me this kind of attention, Jiyong Kwon... I love you so much."

"You need to rest. I'll be home in a flash after this."

"Drive safely... You don't need to hurry home."

"Good night, Love."

"Goodnight." She responded.