Chapter 13

Then You Came

Dara rushed to the ladies' room to pacify what she's feeling.

Her heart felt heavy.

"I know I'm just a babysitter, but he should have at least appreciated my effort... Can't he see how everyone's worried about him?" She the faucet and washed her face to calm herself.

She can feel the heat on her cheeks.

'Why are you so upset Dara? What Jiyong said earlier was right... Though you've stayed with them for more than half a year already, it's still not your right to be intrusive of his private life.' She told herself while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

She shook her head.

"Come to your senses Dara... I know your beginning to build feelings for him but you fully are aware that there's no way possible that he will feel the same way... Stop being hopeful." She told her reflection.

"Silly you... Talking to your own reflection." She slapped her forehead. "Go back to Jiyong and bring him home whether he likes it or not... It's Chaerin's request and you said yes to it."

She wiped her face with a paper towel and went out of the comfort room.

She was on her way to where Jiyong was when she saw a little commotion building at the direction she was heading.

"Back off my girl, man."

"Your girl? Is she your girlfriend?" Jiyong smirked.

"What the hell is fu#@!ng wrong with you?" The man in front of Kiko pointed his finger at Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckled bitterly. "That's the same question I asked myself when my EX girlfriend left me years ago. Ask the girl your calling YOURS. She probably knows the answer to your question... What's your name again?... KIKO, right?"

"You're drunk... Go home." Kiko said.

Jiyong laughed. "Are you commanding me? I'm not drunk... I'm just a little tipsy Honey."

The man grabbed Jiyong by his collar with one hand and balled his other hand to a fist, threatening to hurt Jiyong any minute.

"Are you gonna hit me?... Go ahead... Maybe that's what I need to wake up from my stupidity... I just have one advise bro... make sure your girl already have what she wants coz she might leave you hanging and find her dream one day." Jiyong looked at Kiko and gave her a smirk.

Kiko looked down.

"You talk a lot man... I've had enough." The man said, gritting his teeth in so much anger. He was about to punch Jiyong really hard when Dara charged him with all his might and jumped the highest she can so she can hang herself on his arms to stop him from hitting Jiyong.

The man became more annoyed. He effortlessly threw Dara's light body away, causing her to forcefully hit the floor and slide towards one of the table, causing her to bump the back of her head really hard.

Jiyong saw what the man did to Dara. As if awaken from being drunk, adrenaline rushed through his body. He immediately gave the man a punch on his face, one to the left and one more on the right.

Kiko was standing there in horror and can't do anything.

Bouncers rushed to where the fight was happening. They immediately pulled Jiyong out of the bar and held the other man by force to stop him from fighting back.

Dara trailed behind the muscled men who were bringing Jiyong out of the bar while she was holding the back of her head.

Youngbae looked at Dara's condition. He felt the need to follow her and make sure she's okay but he knew he needed to fix the issue in his bar first. He talked to the man who grabbed Jiyong by the collar first to avoid any conflicts.

It was a relief he was able to settle the matter and no further complaints were raised.

************

Dara and Jiyong drove back home, with the latter on the steering wheel, without talking to each other.

When they reached home, they went in separately without a word.

Dara was getting ready to go to bed when someone knocked on her door.

"Nana Jade?" She asked.

"It's me... Can I come in?"

"Oh." Dara stood up and opened the door for Jiyong. "What can I do for you?" She asked.

Jiyong raised a box he's holding to let Dara know what she brought.

"What's that for?"

"There's a scratch on your neck that we need to disinfect... You might have gotten it when that guy threw you away just like blowing a piece of paper."

"You didn't have to bother."

Jiyong gently pushed the door to give him a bigger space to enter the room. She walked past Dara and sat on the stool that's beside the table where she usually sketches. He opened the medicine box and started preparing what she needs to clean her wound.

"I can do it myself." Dara said, not moving from where she's standing.

He didn't reply.

"Sorry for being a jerk earlier at the bar... Sorry if I said words that may have hurt you." He told her without looking at her direction.

She sat at the side of her bed and took a deep breath.

"Are you mad at me?" Jiyong asked, still focused on looking inside the medicine box for the things he'll need in cleaning up Dara's wound.

"Why should I be mad?" She innocently asked.

"You walked away."

"I thought it's what you wanted... You said mind my own business... You said it's not part of my job." She stressed out.

Jiyong walked towards the bedside and sat beside Dara holding a cotton ball soaked with povedine iodine.

"I didn't mean to say those words... I was just really upset that time." He said.

"Let me clean the cut on your nape." He told her.

"I can do it myself." She replied and tried to grab the cotton ball from his hand but he was quick to move his hand away.

"You can't see it. Let me do it for you."

"Fine." Dara rolled her eyes and swiped away the hair that's covering her nape.

"Basing on that reaction, you're really mad at me." He gently tapped the cotton ball on her skin to make sure he won't hurt her.

"I told you... I'm not mad... You can say I was hurt but I'm really not mad." She said honestly.

"I really am a bad person... I've hurt someone who only meant to help me." He spoke, as if talking to himself.

"I guess you were really that upset."

"I read the article about her going out with another man... I got furious... How can she be okay when I'm here sulking about losing her? Yes it's been so long and I haven't moved on yet... and there she is making the world know about her new man." He unintentionally wiped the cotton ball on her cut with force causing Dara to flinch.

"That hurts." She reacted, facing Jiyong and grabbing the cotton ball from him.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Do you hate her for having someone else or do you hate seeing her with someone else?"

"Why are your questions always so tricky?"

"I'm serious."

Jiyong stood up and got the gauze and the bandage tape from the table and went back to where he was previously seated.

"Turn around." He instructed and Dara followed.

He placed the bandage on top of the cut to cover it.

"I thought about how I really feel about her specially when she came back... I pondered and pondered until I realized I may still be in love with her... That's why I feel jealous seeing her with another guy." He said.

Dara tried to move her neck to look at him but he lightly slapped him on her arm.

"Stop moving... I'm not yet done." He complained.

"Oops, sorry." She said. "If you have already realized that you still love her, then why don't you make a move to have her back?"

Jiyong gave a bitter laugh. "Easy to say than done."

"Ask help from Bom and SeungHyun... I mean, they're close friends of both of you."

"They'll just laugh at me."

"No they won't."

"They will."

"Bom won't... She loves you both that's one thing for sure."

"How did you know?"

"I can read minds." She faced Jiyong and squinted her eyes. She touched his temple and looked at him in the eyes. "I can read that you're now feeling sleepy and wants to rest."

"Hahaha... Funny."

"Thanks for taking care of my cut... I didn't notice it if you haven't told me about it."

"Don't ever do that again." He looked serious.

"Do what?... This?" She held Jiyong's temple again and rolled her eyes until her pupil disappeared.

"I'm not kidding."

"Hahaha... You're always too serious."

"Don't jump into people who's fighting or else you might get hurt, worse than that cut on your nape." He reminded.

"Does your head hurt? You bumped on the table when that man threw you, right?" He touched Dara's head and caressed it.

Dara's eyes widened and her heart rate increased.

"There might be bump somewhere. Does it hurt here?"

She shook her head, mouth hanging open.

"How about this one? Does it hurt?" He asked while gently rubbing his thumb through her head, searching for any bumps.

She shook her head rapidly and removed Jiyong's hand on her head.

'Oh my!! My heart's pounding fast. Dear Lord, please help me avoid this feeling.' She blurted out in her head.

"I'm fine." She smiled at him.

"We can't be too sure... Visit the hospital tomorrow."

"I'm okay... Don't worry. I'm used to those head bumps." She gave him a thumbs up.

"But if you feel dizzy or whatnot, have it checked immediately, okay?"

"I will, Sir."

"Who told you I was there at the bar?" He asked.

"It was Chaerin... She was worried about you and she can't ask Bom to drag you out of the bar so she asked me to do it for her instead."

"Really? That kid knows how to find her resources, huh?"

"They're worried about you Jiyong."

"Sorry their worries bother you." He crinkled his nose.

"That's no big deal... I would love to help as much as I can... even aside from babysitting the kids." She smiled.

'Because I care as much as they do.' She continued in her thoughts.

"Thank you... for being patient... and for coping up with my mood swings." He chuckled.

"You're always welcome." She replied.

"I'll leave now so you can rest... keep the medicine box there so you can clean the would again tomorrow." He stood up and headed to the door.

Dara followed him to send him off.

After stepping out of the door, Jiyong looked back at her and gave her a meaningful smile.

"By the way, your party outfit earlier was amazing... No one can pull it off the way you did." He laughed. "Those pair of footwear took it on the next level." He teased.

Dara pouted. "I was in a hurry I didn't have the chance to change."

He patted her head and smiled sweetly. "I was just kidding... Thank you for saving me back there."

She smiled back. "It's a pleasure, Sir." She bowed like a princess.

"Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight." She replied.